• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Calm After War (Always Open and Accepting)

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
Important Links
IC
OOC
CS
LORE

The Calm After the War between the natives of Rivinia and the Demons of hell sent by King Valerian's Advisor Khan, who seemed to be pulling the strings behind Alreos going mad while on the throne, is a peaceful one. The country of Rivinia is going into another economic boon following the events of Return of Corruption, leading to widespread prosperity not only for the natives of Rivinia, but the nation as a whole. New technology, new jobs, new construction, an influx of the greatest minds hailing from all over the world has made Rivinia a financial powerhouse, and the presence of the Adventurers has upped Rivinia's value as a military asset, with them alone making Rivinia a military powerhouse, whether or not they're fighting at the orders of the new Monarch, a Scholar named August St. Claire, who's always been well known and renowned for his philosophy works and political mind when it comes to the well-being of Rivinia

Now, 7 years after their 2nd grand quest, the heroes seem to be enjoying their riches and glory in luxury, in a small town called Loudwater, a country town that's a go-to for merchants and caravan.

What's in store for the group who's done so much for the world? Who's tales have reached the ears of children of every country in the world, told to them by not only the parents, but the teachers and tutors of schools. Who's an inspiration for nations of people they don't even exist?​

Last edited:
"I refuse to believe the words of a half breed!" A lord boomed from his seat, over looking the small area where a woman wearing a stern frown stood. "Can you say for certain I'm wrong? Is it better to be prepared than to do nothing at all?" She asked, her voice still, despite her growing fury. The lord wasn't listening to her, "You have no right to claim Yumara's title! You could be trying to push out nation into ruin!" She clenched her teeth, her patience at its end. "I have warned you of your downfall, and yet you refuse to listen because my father was human?" She asked, her voice raising with her growing anger.

"Listen to my words, and listen well! You, your wife, and your children will be slaughtered within a fortnight! If you choose to ignore my warnings, you are more foolish than your family make you out to be!" She was near yelling by time her words were ended, the lord was his feet, face red. "I will not stand for a word this heretic speaks!" He shouted, causing a stir of murmurs from the other notable lords and lady's present. Bailey took a deep breath, "If you stand for nothing Theodore, what will you fall for?" She asked, her voice calm. The room grew silent as they various nobles watched their High Prophet exit the room. She had given enough of her to to that man, and it was time for her to return home.

A trip that normally would have taken days took only hours on the backs of the snowy white pegisai only found in the Elvish lands. Loudwater was quiet when she returned as the hour just barely reached two in the morning, her own home was included onto the bundle of darken buildings. For a brief moment once she was on her porch, she watched her guards and stead fly off into the night sky, before she silently entered her home. In the entrance which connects both the living room and kitchen, she removed the ornate armor, leaving it in a neat pile on the kitchen table, before she silentlently slipped into her bed room, then into bed with her sleeping husband. She lay next to him, still but not sleeping until her eyes were to heavy to keep open, and she drifted away into a restless slumber.

Not even two hours passed before she awoke with a start, a cold sweat covering her entire body. Slowly, the woman pulled herself out of bed, and to the kitchen where she began to prepare her morning tea. Soft foot steps from behind her caused the woman to turn and see her oldest son. He was just barely awake, but as he wasn't going back to bed, Bailey gently guided him along with her to the cushioned bench outside on the porch, where she sat down. Alex sat beside her, resting his head on his mother's shoulder, eventually slipping back into a gentle sleep as the half-elf woman watched the sun slowly creep over the horizon.

Last edited:
Arabelle had already been awake for several hours, sitting downstairs in the living room, curled up under a blanket and watching over the twins. They were so high energy so early in the morning. Ryan was snuggled to her side, and she wasn’t exactly sure where Willow was, but she could hear her. “Hey kiddos, we should head over to Aunt Bailey’s house, she should be back home by now.” She stood up and picked up her cane, calling for the maid to help get the kids dressed.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Loudwater was typically a very quiet place, save for the afternoon rush, where the merchants typically aim to arrive and the people working start their lunch breaks and those with money try to blow it all on the merchant's rare wares before it all sells out. In the early morning, however, the most one will expect to hear in the morning is the sounds of metal clashing and the grunts of effort, one coming from a man, the other a woman

Ari Waesmor and Alison Foster
Backyard of Waesmor Manor- Training Field

"SLOW!!" Ari yelled as he knocked Alison right on her armor-covered ass. Ari wore not a single piece of armor, only his training robes. Alison got up and charged, sword out and ready to strike. "Circlet of Speed!" she yelled, and she immediately closed the gap and swung. Ari blocked with his staff, as the attack was so predictable. A magic circle appeared under Alison. "The key to beating a summoner is to keep him from casting. However, neither me nor Bailey are ordinary summoners. Nawhal!" Alison gasped and jumped out the way. The narwhal shot up out of the ground, horn first. If she had gotten hit, she'd have been impaled. The narwhal then disappeared

Ari held out his hand and a crow came flying out at Alison and started pecking at her face. Actual pecks intending to kill her or gouge her eyes out. This distracted Alison and she yelled trying to score a cut on the bird

Getting his opening, Ari charged at Alison, ready to run her through with his staff's spear end, with a speed unmatched by anyone else in The Adventurers

Willow Waesmor
Living Room
Time: 6:30am

"Aunt Bailey?" Willow piqued up out of nowhere. "Where has she been all this time?" she asked. Willow was not one for snuggling unless it was with Daddy, who was outside training. She couldn't be outside on the field, as it kept the healing properties from working, so she had to stay inside. It was easy to tell that Willow was still fairly drowsy, most likely having not been awake long enough to be fully awake

Willow wasn't all that easy to see, as she was surrounded by darkness. Her Dark Magic was leaking, and she needed Ari or Nala immediately or bad shit was gonna happen. This was a normal occurrence in the house, as Ryan's Holy leaking was controlled well by Arabelle's presence. Nala could be found wherever the hell Misty could be found, and only Ryan or Ari seemed to know where, as neither Misty or Nala slept where they were supposed to
P Paint The Wind

Last edited:
“She was back home with the other elves, sweetheart,” she told Willow gently. “She might be tired, but we’ll see. Okay? Now let’s go find Nala,” she said. She went to the training facility and listened to Ari and Alison fight. “Ari, honey, when you’re done I need you,” she called out, standing there with the kids. She knew she needed Ari for this, Willow was so hard to calm down.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Willow Waesmor
Training Field
Time: Morning (6 O'Clock hour)

Willow walked out with Arabelle, rubbing her eyes sleepily and walking as if she were drunk. "Where is Nala? I tried finding her........" Willow loved Nala, but was only ever aware of her presence when Ari wasn't around. Nala was like Misty, incredibly energetic, always flying around, but small enough to not be found if she didn't want to be. She most likely wasn't hiding though. Nala loved sleeping as much as she loved annoying Ari

Ari Waesmor
Training Field
Time: Morning (6 O'Clock hour)

Ari was about to stab Alison right through when he heard Arabelle's voice. He dispelled his crow and listened to her. "Geez," he sighed. He couldn't continue or he'd kill Alison for reals, because Willow was too close. "I know this is about Willow." This was another chore for Ari, like having to change shitty diapers every once in a while back when they were babies. Of course, he couldn't show his annoyance, since Willow was a bit sensitive to what he thought, and bad shit would happen if she got too agitated. Plus, Ari loved Willow and preferred her attached to him over Ryan, who wouldn't leave him the hell alone for hours after when he did engage and play with Ryan.

He looked to Alison. "Training over, Alison. Go ahead and get out of those plates." She smiled and made her way inside to change and make breakfast.

Ari walked over and kissed Arabelle, then bent down to do the same to Willow. "Morning, lovely Ladies. You're up early, Arabelle. Why is that?" Willow's darkness started to recede when Ari kissed her, and she grabbed onto his pants leg.
P Paint The Wind

Taking a sip of her tea to chase away the cool morning air, Bailey took a deep breath. The woman closed her eyes, and sat there with her son in silence. Everything around her, held a blue hazy outline. Well, not really, just what she can see. About a five yard radius around her, she of course has developed the new abbilty to see her surrounds even if she couldn't...well, see them. Opening her eyes, Bailey looked down at her son and smile, brushing some of his hair off his sleeping face. She would have to start some of her chores in a little bit. Mainly because she didn't trust Tyr to do the laundry, and there was sure to be quiet a bit because she's been gone for two days. With a sigh, she looked back out towards the forest, just thinking.

“Morning, Ari,” she said with a kind smile. “I had a nightmare,” she said, explaining why she was up early. She was always up early, and always from nightmares. She petted Willow’s little head and shifted the way she was holding Ryan, who’s head rested on her shoulder. He was ready for a nap already. “How was training?”

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ari & Willow Waesmor
Training Field
Time: 6 O'Clock hour (Morning)

Ari sighed. "Thanks to this girl here, we didn't finish. Whatever though, Alison needs to work on her anti-mage techniques." Ari just shrugged and started to walk back in to try and change into his actual robes, Willow in tow holding his hand tightly and squeezing as if it were some death grip.

"......Didn't mommy say she wanted to go over to Aunt Bailey's house?" Willow said with a yawn, looking towards Tyr and Bailey's house.

Ari stopped and looked at Arabelle. "Let's go then. Hopefully we don't walk in on them doing the dirty deed, or walk in to see Tyr's bare ass." This time Willow was with them. She'd probably destroy all of Loudwater if Tyr's bare ass was ever in her eyesight. "Bailey better not use her clairvoyance to sense us coming, or I'm gonna be pissed." Ari intended to burst right into their house as Tyr tends to do with his house. It drove Alison crazy, and she wanted to behead Tyr
P Paint The Wind

She chuckled. “It’s Tyr, you know he doesn’t wake up early.” She used her cane to follow him and then to walk with him to Bailey’s house, she had memorized how to get there from every exit, since she would have to know which part of the mansion she was in to figure out how to get to the house. She wasn’t wearing her veil because she was with friends, and not I public. “Tyr is fine, he’s annoying but so are you so it balances out.” She kissed Ari gently and walked beside him. She never wanted to show the kids the turmoil that was still in her head, even after all these years.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Once they entered the 10 yard radius for her telepathy, the pair would hear Bailey's slightly menancincing voice. "Ari so help me, if you bust through my door and wake up my children I will eat you alive." She knew her kids would have insisted on staying awake until she arrived, which means that they would have had a very late night. Alex was still in the porch with her, and the twins of course we're in their shared room, but Ari had a way with nearly knocking down their door that always woke everyone but Tyr. "And good morning to the both of you." She added with a smile. Of course, they couldn't see the smile just yet, but they could probably hear it. P Paint The Wind Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Tyr yawned and awoke about an hour and a half after Bailey had woken up. He hadn't been sleeping all too well. Nightmares of war and the losses of their multiple adventures plagued him in the night. One part ashamed and two parts not wanting to burden his family, Tyr spent many a night waking up in a cold sweat, and stalling sleep by drinking, walking, or having a smoke to calm his nerves. Stretching out his arms as he yawned, he lazily rose from his bed, slipped on his robe to cover his naked body, and walked to the bathroom, so that he may be able to wash away the memories of the night.

Katherine Auscent

The arrow whistled through the air as it was released from Katherine’s nimble fingers and hit the target with a thunk. Even in the dark she could still see her arrow had hit her targets arm instead of its torso. Generally most people would have trouble trading in the dark. But not her. She was used to the dark. She had spent most her life in it. Archery was never one of her skills. But she wanted to learn it. Her improvements were considerably fast but it wasn’t enough in Katherine’s eyes.

She notched another arrow. You know what else wasn’t enough? Her. Or their son. Katherine narrowed her eyes in focus and anger as she pulled back the arrow. It wasn’t enough for Cross. Instead he went off on some search. And for what? Katherine angrily released the arrow. This time it hit the targets torso nearly straight on. She could not show her anger around Siegbert, whom was only four. She did not want him to take after her, or her temper.

The sounds of the forest were peaceful and serene. And quiet. It was only about 5 AM, but she’d been awake since 3. Too many nightmares woke her. And every time she saw the bed empty she was filled with a quick anger and even a little sadness. Was Arabelle plagues by nightmares too, she wondered.

Katherine had never told anyone of her rape, nor did she ever intend to. It was unnecessary, and only proved her own weakness. She never told the group much of what happened after her and Cross’s capture, generally diverting the subject away. Life moved on, and so would she. She visited them often when she could, her home was only about half a mile away from Ari and Arabelle’s manor, and Baileys and Tyrs home. But since Cross had taken off, leaving the house became more rare. Taking care of Siegbert seemed to be all had time for.

Not that she minded. She loved her son more than anything in the world, but it wasn’t an easy job. Katherine easily slipped her way back into her home, hanging up her bow on the rack, she didn’t make a sound as she slipped into the kitchen she tied up her long, unatural dark red hair into a messy bun as she began preparing breakfast for Siegbert, deciding she would make his favorite considering she had so much time.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

(Open for interaction)

Cross
Toron- Main Square

"Finally back in Rivinia. I swear time flies so much when travelling. But it's hard to believe even the elders had no idea. How in the hell am I going to explain this to Katherine. Gone for 3 years. And I come back with nothing. Maybe for starters I should see if we can't go somewhere nice. At least that's what I think human women would like. That's what Draconian women like.. along with treasure. Yeah that would be a good plan." Cross muttered to himself as he walked through the ever busy crowds of Toron.
(Open for Interaction)

Siegbert
Auscent residence- Upstairs
From upstairs big thunderous footsteps could be heard. It was Siegbert transformed and having a blast moving around as the dog sized Dragon. And from it was the suprisingly deep voice that come from his Dragon form. "Mom is breakfast ready? I'm bored and hungry. Is Dad back yet? And can I go out and play with the human kids please?" Siegbert said as he fired question after question at Katherine. Clearly bored of the fact he was not allowed to play with Human kids, but he was not aware in comparison to a human child he was loads stronger and could possibly cause injury just from a simple high five. Or being rough in general.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

"Pffftt" Ari said. "Everyone annoys me. You're the sole exception, Arabelle." He planted a kiss on Arabelle's lips. "Let's get you there so you can talk about Bailey's vacation with her."

As they made their way to the house, Ari heard Bailey's voice telling him to not bust down their door. He smiled at the inevitable. Too bad, Bailey. His living room was still being repaired from when Tyr did his thing. They made it to door and stood there. "Ram this shit open." Ari held out his hand and put popped a ram, who, with an enraged bleat, charged at the door and slammed into it, blasting the door open and sounding as loud as a shotgun in the silent air. The ram disappeared after

"WAKEY WAKEY!! BREAKFAST IS BEING PREPARED!!!" Ari yelled out. "This is for scaring Willow when you busted in my house yesterday, Tyr, you bastard!! She blew up my fucking living room!" Whether they were in the mood or not, Ari was in and Ari would be heard. Bailey now knew why Ari did it. Blame Tyr
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
P Paint The Wind

The sounds of multiple crying children soon after his entrance flooded the house. Bailey was fuming, and Alex was a but annoyed as well. "Good morning uncle Ari," he muttered, following his mother inside. Bailey quickly went up stairs to try and calm her other two children. "Good morning Aunt Arabelle," Alex the said with a bright smile. He was always happy to see her, Ari however...not this early. Bailey returned within a few minutes, Tyler in her arms, Scarlett trailing behind her, before running up to Alex wanted to be picked up. She was always very clingy in the morning. "Well," Bailey started, "Since you've just robbed my children of their sleep and have sent my on the verge of another headache, you better have a nice breakfast planned," She said to Ari, giving him a pleasantly annoyed smile. Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Katherine Auscent

Katherine flinched with every giant clunk of Siegberts footsteps, half afraid he’d bring down the whole house. The older he got the stronger he was getting, and while she had attempted to explain his gifted strength, he was still too young to understand the extent of this. She understood what it was like to have little control over your own strength. But now that she was human, all she could do was provide words and past stories to try and control it. While it worked, it did little to help. Only Cross could truely understand Siegberts strength and help him control it. And he was gone.

Katherine bit her lip at Siegberts fired questions. “Not yet, honey.” She yelled back calmly in a somewhat sympathetic tone. She did not want to isolate Siegbert, but she couldn’t control his strength. Katherine never showed any anger at Cross around Siegbert. Even if Cross did return she did not want Siegbert to grow up without a father as she did. No matter how angry she was.

“It’s time for breakfast!” Katherine yelled from downstairs, “Come down here.” She called as she fixed up Siegberts favorite breakfast unto a plate and set it down on the dining table in his usual seat.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Arabelle couldn’t help but giggle slightly. “I love you,” she told Ari. She did feel bad for Bailey though, she must be exhausted. She smiled when Alex greeted her. “Hey Alex. How are you doing?” She hugged the little boy gently, she really loved him. “Did you sleep well?”

Ryan had woken up by now and wiggled out of Arabelle’s arms. He saw his friends now, and he wanted to play. “Be very good, Ryan!” Arabelle knew she didn’t have to remind him, he was usually very good when playing with Scarlett and Tyler.

The sounds of multiple crying children soon after his entrance flooded the house. Bailey was fuming, and Alex was a but annoyed as well. "Good morning uncle Ari," he muttered, following his mother inside. Bailey quickly went up stairs to try and calm her other two children. "Good morning Aunt Arabelle," Alex the said with a bright smile. He was always happy to see her, Ari however...not this early. Bailey returned within a few minutes, Tyler in her arms, Scarlett trailing behind her, before running up to Alex wanted to be picked up. She was always very clingy in the morning. "Well," Bailey started, "Since you've just robbed my children of their sleep and have sent my on the verge of another headache, you better have a nice breakfast planned," She said to Ari, giving him a pleasantly annoyed smile. Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
Ari & Willow Waesmor
Loudwater - Bailey and Tyr's house
Time: 6 o'clock hour (morning)

Ari smiled back, one half genuine, the other half smug. "When have you EVER eaten a bad breakfast prepared by me or my maids?" Ari was a beast in the kitchen, especially with magic making multitasking a cinch. His maid had extremely high standards to adhere to in the kitchen or they'd face his wrath. "Robbing your children of sleep causes them to cry. Your husband robbing my children of sleep causes them to blow shit up. This is literal least I can do to get even. Anyways........ "

"How was your vacation," Ari asked her uncharacteristically and seemingly out of nowhere. The subject hadn't even come up. Typically he didn't give a damn, but hey, Ari has acted out of character before, like when he had to keep Bailey from drinking herself to death by destroying their alcohol.
P Paint The Wind

Willow walked away from the rest, probably trying to find Nala in the house

Theseus, or Theo as he preferred, was hovering over the town of, er, whatever it was called. He had forgot. But it wasn't important. Theo and a job to do and he intended to do it. He was to watch the group of heroes who had had two truly epic adventures and see how they were dealing with the post-adventure traumatic stress.

Theo honestly didn't know why his superiors cared so much about these particular humans. Sure they had saved their world twice but that didn't exactly make them important to Thera. Unless... Something big was coming. No, that was rediculous. Thera had been hidden from outside forces for years. And inside forces would never try to undermine Thera's security, would they. To clear his mind Theo decided to do his job. He slowly swooped down to the house where a few of the heroes were gathered, putting up an illusion as he did so as to not be detected.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind Safety Hammer Safety Hammer FireMaiden FireMaiden

"I'm fine. I got enough sleep after I helped dad put the twins to bed," He said with a smile, very proud of himself. Scarlett was waking up now, and wanted down so Alex put her on the ground, before he took her and Ryan into the living room to play. Tyler was still clinging to his mother, and ut would be while before he finally joined the other kids. For now, he just snuggled into his mother's arms.

"Oh it wasn't to bad. The idiot I tried warning would listen to me cause his head to far up his ass. And I'm being summoned back in about two weeks for the peace talks. I've claimed diplomatic neutrality, so I'll be a moderator of sorts between Queen Anora and the Orcs leader," She explained without missing a beat. Ari may have annoyed the ever loving piss out of her, but she trusted him nonetheless. "Though, I may have to go back soon reguardless of the reason." She uh, had yet to share the news of her becoming a General, and wanted to keep them in the dark about that as much as possible. Her own family didn't even know, as she used the excuse of High Prophet business instead of war when ever she had to travel. Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Last edited:
Arabelle smiled. “Well dome, that must have been difficult,” she told Alex, and then turned back around to face Bailey after Ryan ran off to play with his friends. “I’m glad you’re back and safe,” she told Bailey, reaching out and taking Ari’s hand, ignoring the bickering. She was used to it by now.

'Look at him. He's a cute little thing,' a girl once said. 'Too bad he has those ears... hm. Mom, can I buy him?'

'A slave?' a woman replied.

'A servant, but call it whatever you want.'

'Hmph. Why do you want a half-elf specifically as a servant?'

'Not specifically. I just like that determined look in his eyes. He looks like someone who'll take a long time to break.'

'I like your thinking. He's yours,' the older woman replied, exchanging a handful of shillings to the hand of a bandit, who kept the young half-elf in chains. The bandit nodded, then gave the chains to the girl who made the purchase.

The black market was full of 'wares' like these. Living beings.

***​

"Mithras."

"Mithras, wake up."

A pair of blue eyes drifted open slowly. He laid asleep in a wooden wagon, led forth by two horses and a man keeping them bridled. Mithras turned to the man, and looked forward, to see his next destination.

"We're in Loudwater already?"

"Yes."

"Maybe I should have traveled on Dullahan instead," Mithras looked back to his loyal steed following with a steady pace behind the wagon. "The distance was shorter than I anticipated. Honestly, I thought I'd wake up in the afternoon, or something."

"How do you know you didn't?" The bearded man turned with a smile and tightly closed eyes.

"We went out at midnight. From the position of the sun, I can judge it's morning right now."

"Ah, smart."

The carriage stopped near the outskirts of the city. Mithras took the helmet that laid opposite of him, then pinned it to his belt as to not lose it. He walked to the back of the wagon and jumped off, then untied the bridle on Dullahan that kept him close to the wagon.

"How much do I pay?" Mithras moved over to the front of the wagon, to the man who drove him to Loudwater.

"Let's see..." the old man did some calculations in his mind. "Two pieces of gold."

"Ha, that's funny," Mithras reached for his coinpurse. "I never told you, did I? That's how much I was sold for when I was a slave."

"That's harsh," the old man said, taking a piece of gold and ten pieces of silver; that amounted to one piece of gold in worth. "I feel bad for you."

"Those days are over. See you later, old man." Mithras sat upon Dullahan and waved to the man leading the carriage. The horse set off in the direction of Loudwater, where he planned to stay the night and day. And possibly longer, if there was work to do.

Word reached him that some nobles lived here. Well, not exactly nobles. What Mithras hoped for was a chance to be hired as a house servant, slash bodyguard, since he had plentiful experience in both.

"This country can't decide whether it wants to be good or bad," Mithras shook his head.

***​

Waesmor Residence

Well, then. Mithras was quick to understand why this place is called 'Loudwater,' as soon as he saw some man bust open the doors to some house with wind magic. Mithras nonchalantly passed by. It was none of his business.

Instead, Mithras drove up to the Waesmor Manor, where the rumored Ari Waesmor lived. Who could not have heard of him at this point? All of them? Arabelle Leighten, Tyr O'Connor, Bailey Hall, and the rest of the legendary adventurers. All of them saved this planet, at least once. Who else to take for an employer than someone straight out of a legend?

Mithras put on his helmet to cover his ears.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Mithras got off of Dullahan and knocked on the door of the manor twice, expecting it to be opened by some kind of house service that could point him in the right direction. His armor would make him look like he's a guard at first glance, but a perceptive eye would connect one and two together and realize he's more than that - a paladin. But the most quick-witted would connect all of the dots and know that he's not a paladin - at least not anymore, from the fact that a paladin typically doesn't carry books of black magic around (unless to confiscate them,) like the one under his belt, on his right thigh, slightly covered by his sash.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

'Look at him. He's a cute little thing,' a girl once said. 'Too bad he has those ears... hm. Mom, can I buy him?'

'A slave?' a woman replied.

'A servant, but call it whatever you want.'

'Hmph. Why do you want a half-elf specifically as a servant?'

'Not specifically. I just like that determined look in his eyes. He looks like someone who'll take a long time to break.'

'I like your thinking. He's yours,' the older woman replied, exchanging a handful of shillings to the hand of a bandit, who kept the young half-elf in chains. The bandit nodded, then gave the chains to the girl who made the purchase.

The black market was full of 'wares' like these. Living beings.

***​

"Mithras."

"Mithras, wake up."

A pair of blue eyes drifted open slowly. He laid asleep in a wooden wagon, led forth by two horses and a man keeping them bridled. Mithras turned to the man, and looked forward, to see his next destination.

"We're in Loudwater already?"

"Yes."

"Maybe I should have traveled on Dullahan instead," Mithras looked back to his loyal steed following with a steady pace behind the wagon. "The distance was shorter than I anticipated. Honestly, I thought I'd wake up in the afternoon, or something."

"How do you know you didn't?" The bearded man turned with a smile and tightly closed eyes.

"We went out at midnight. From the position of the sun, I can judge it's morning right now."

"Ah, smart."

The carriage stopped near the outskirts of the city. Mithras took the helmet that laid opposite of him, then pinned it to his belt as to not lose it. He walked to the back of the wagon and jumped off, then untied the bridle on Dullahan that kept him close to the wagon.

"How much do I pay?" Mithras moved over to the front of the wagon, to the man who drove him to Loudwater.

"Let's see..." the old man did some calculations in his mind. "Two pieces of gold."

"Ha, that's funny," Mithras reached for his coinpurse. "I never told you, did I? That's how much I was sold for when I was a slave."

"That's harsh," the old man said, taking a piece of gold and ten pieces of silver; that amounted to one piece of gold in worth. "I feel bad for you."

"Those days are over. See you later, old man." Mithras sat upon Dullahan and waved to the man leading the carriage. The horse set off in the direction of Loudwater, where he planned to stay the night and day. And possibly longer, if there was work to do.

Word reached him that some nobles lived here. Well, not exactly nobles. What Mithras hoped for was a chance to be hired as a house servant, slash bodyguard, since he had plentiful experience in both.

"This country can't decide whether it wants to be good or bad," Mithras shook his head.

***​

Waesmor Residence

Well, then. Mithras was quick to understand why this place is called 'Loudwater,' as soon as he saw some man bust open the doors to some house with wind magic. Mithras nonchalantly passed by. It was none of his business.

Instead, Mithras drove up to the Waesmor Manor, where the rumored Ari Waesmor lived. Who could not have heard of him at this point? All of them? Arabelle Leighten, Tyr O'Connor, Bailey Hall, and the rest of the legendary adventurers. All of them saved this planet, at least once. Who else to take for an employer than someone straight out of a legend?

Mithras put on his helmet to cover his ears.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Mithras got off of Dullahan and knocked on the door of the manor twice, expecting it to be opened by some kind of house service that could point him in the right direction. His armor would make him look like he's a guard at first glance, but a perceptive eye would connect one and two together and realize he's more than that - a paladin. But the most quick-witted would connect all of the dots and know that he's not a paladin - at least not anymore, from the fact that a paladin typically doesn't carry books of black magic around (unless to confiscate them,) like the one under his belt, on his right thigh, slightly covered by his sash.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Alison Foster
Waesmor residence
Time: 7 o'clock hour (morning)

"Let's go! Get the scones out of the oven!" Alison was the Maid of Maids (dubbed MoM by the other maids) or the head maid as well as the primary Guardian of the house. She was immediately suspicious when someone knocked on the door. The Waesmors never had to knock and they were with Tyr and Bailey.

Nevertheless, she was a maid and her job was service first. She walked to the door to see the knocker. "Good morning sir," she greeted with a curtsy. "The Waesmors aren't expecting anyone this morning. Do you have an appointment?" Alison was the master maid, the primary Guardian. She knew how to find hostile intent in those who visited. Hostiles would try to enter the house. That included anyone trying to take revenge on Ari, thieves, guards, the Inquisition, mercy, and the like.

"Morning," he greeted politely. Since the woman curtsied, he decided to reply in his own way with the proper bow of a knight. "My name is Mithras. Mithras Veddartha. Ex-member of the Paladins of the Blue Heart, or as they are known today; Paladins of the Black Light. Currently unemployed."

She had perhaps heard the name of Mithras. He was famous back in the day when Alreos still ruled. And by 'famous,' of course, I mean that there were wanted posters in practically every single city and village with a huge reward for his capture - dead or alive. Since then, he has become a less popular topic, but some people might still make a recall

"Actually, I don't. I was wondering if Mr. Waesmor would want to hire me. Be it as a guard, or a butler - I have skills for both positions," he added with confident sincerity, lightly waving his arm. "If not, I'll just be on my way. If there's any chance of being hired, just tell me when to drop by."

Behind the 'paladin' was a horse. A black steed, with a saddle, and numerous bags and packages. This was a clear indicator that the man before the maid was quite a traveler, with plenty of years of experience on the saddle. The weapons at his person were a good hint that he was a mercenary, sword for hire, adventurer, or something of similar nature since a normal traveler wearing mithril armor is ludicrous.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back