• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Calm After War (Always Open and Accepting)

Bailey sighed, "Alright, that's good." She stood there for a few seconds in silence, but eventually went up to him and touched his arm. "Tyr, you know you can't avoid talking to me forever."
When Bailey touched his arm, Tyr tensed up instinctively. Part of him wanted to push away her hand and shout at her. But instead, he simply sighed, and dropped the axe. "I can't talk about it. Because then the kids would have to know, and then Ari and Arabelle would have to know. And the last thing I need is to have them butting in on my business.." He said as he began to gather the wood he had split, and stack it with the rest. "What I did is my fault. Period."

When Bailey touched his arm, Tyr tensed up instinctively. Part of him wanted to push away her hand and shout at her. But instead, he simply sighed, and dropped the axe. "I can't talk about it. Because then the kids would have to know, and then Ari and Arabelle would have to know. And the last thing I need is to have them butting in on my business.." He said as he began to gather the wood he had split, and stack it with the rest. "What I did is my fault. Period."
She felt her heart drop a little as he tensed up. Taking her hand off his arm, she loosely crossed her arms and sighed, "You dont have to tall about it now, but you'll need to eventually." She paused, "I don't want to find you like again, understand me? We can't lose you...I can't lose you," Bailey said, her voice getting softer near the end. Without Tyr, she wasn't sure how she could keep dealing with the amount of stress her work out her under. He was, well, he was her rock. The one constant figure in her life she always depend on. "Can I give you a hug?"

As soon as Mithras saw the attack, he knew it. It was too wide to dodge and too powerful to take head-on. There was really only one option, and that was to cover himself with protective shields.

Mithras held his hand out and chanted a prayer. In response to the elemental blast, a multi-layered, golden magic circle appeared, then spread thinly across a 360-degree space around Mithras, protecting him from the attack with golden, transparent shields. He did not care for now if Ari summoned more familiars, because that was inconsequential in the short-game, so long as Mithras could keep up by slaying them, or defending himself.

When the elemental blast receded, Mithras dispelled his shields. They did their job and protected him. For now, Mithras dashed forward. He ran in the direction of Ari, with the intention of attacking him and his wolves directly and close.

Mithras stopped when he was roughly ten meters away from the wolves and Ari. "Vytih!" he cast a spell. Mithras pointed, or rather, swung the open palm of his free hand toward the wolves and their summoner. From it, a green blast of necromantic energy floated. It was a powerful cone of decay that could consume living matter and it flied to them with a fearsome velocity.

As soon as the cone receded, whether it hit, or not, Mithras ran forward and swung his sword at the Black Assassin, filling the blade of the sword with holy energy as to make the attack more powerful.

Mithras was definitely something interesting to fight. Not quite paladin, but not quite fallen paladin either. He clearly had a proficiency for miracles, but also for black magic, and he could mix them together in combat fluidly. This was an indicator that he would be competent at fighting either extremes of the good and evil spectrum, be it infernalists or saints, be it demons or angels - perhaps both at the same time.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

As soon as Mithras saw the attack, he knew it. It was too wide to dodge and too powerful to take head-on. There was really only one option, and that was to cover himself with protective shields.

Mithras held his hand out and chanted a prayer. In response to the elemental blast, a multi-layered, golden magic circle appeared, then spread thinly across a 360-degree space around Mithras, protecting him from the attack with golden, transparent shields. He did not care for now if Ari summoned more familiars, because that was inconsequential in the short-game, so long as Mithras could keep up by slaying them, or defending himself.

When the elemental blast receded, Mithras dispelled his shields. They did their job and protected him. For now, Mithras dashed forward. He ran in the direction of Ari, with the intention of attacking him and his wolves directly and close.

Mithras stopped when he was roughly ten meters away from the wolves and Ari. "Vytih!" he cast a spell. Mithras pointed, or rather, swung the open palm of his free hand toward the wolves and their summoner. From it, a green blast of necromantic energy floated. It was a powerful cone of decay that could consume living matter and it flied to them with a fearsome velocity.

As soon as the cone receded, whether it hit, or not, Mithras ran forward and swung his sword at the Black Assassin, filling the blade of the sword with holy energy as to make the attack more powerful.

Mithras was definitely something interesting to fight. Not quite paladin, but not quite fallen paladin either. He clearly had a proficiency for miracles, but also for black magic, and he could mix them together in combat fluidly. This was an indicator that he would be competent at fighting either extremes of the good and evil spectrum, be it infernalists or saints, be it demons or angels - perhaps both at the same time.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari Waesmor
Training Field

The ice wolf jumped forward to take the attack. The wolf disappeared upon being hit.

When he charged and swung, Ari blocked the attack with his staff and held it. Immediately, Mithras was tackled off and bitten on his shoulder by the Wind Wolf, it's enchanted teeth punching holes in his armor. The wolf started pulling, trying to rip as many muscles as possible

The Holy Wolf was busy siphoning the Holy Magic from his sword and holding it in. The more Mithras tried to use it, the stronger the wolf got. With this wolf's presence, the holy magic on the sword would never be as strong as it should, nor any other Holy spell. This wolf was a nightmare to this man's magic. All these wolves were formed with a specific purpose, and Mithras was now paying for his mistake of turtle-shelling. As it stands, He couldn't stay stationary, he couldn't get in close, Ari had a bow to fight at a distance. What strategy does he have to take the offensive?

The Phoenix started diving, becoming even more enflamed. It headed straight for Mithras in a suicidal dive. A hit would burn Mithras to ashes, especially with that heat conducting armor on.

"3 minutes, Mithras! Not looking too good for you at the moment." Ari called out.

The fire wolf shot flames at the phoenix, increasing its power even more

She felt her heart drop a little as he tensed up. Taking her hand off his arm, she loosely crossed her arms and sighed, "You dont have to tall about it now, but you'll need to eventually." She paused, "I don't want to find you like again, understand me? We can't lose you...I can't lose you," Bailey said, her voice getting softer near the end. Without Tyr, she wasn't sure how she could keep dealing with the amount of stress her work out her under. He was, well, he was her rock. The one constant figure in her life she always depend on. "Can I give you a hug?"
Tyr turned towards his wife and set the rest of the wood down. He felt ashamed. Walking to her, the bard embraced Bailey in his arms, holding her dearly. "I.. I'm sorry, Bailey... I won't do it again. I promise.."

Mithras smirked at the Ice Wolf's sacrifice. That's one wolf down.

The Wind Wolf bit into Mithras' shoulder, but the knight didn't mind it in particular. He knew this would happen. From Mithras' wound, black ichor spilled and possibly entered the wolf's mouth. It was a very caustic and dangerous poison that automatically entered Mithras' veins when he used enough black magic. Of course, he could force it out with a proper, short purification spell, but there was no reason to do so, especially since it had its perks. The wolf, magical or not, was likely to succumb to the effects of the substance and die quickly. Even a few drops would be enough to make it drop to the ground.

That's, hopefully, two wolves down.

"Excellent! That's just how much time I need," Mithras exclaimed with excitement. Still, the holy wolf was a problem. As a way of dealing with it, Mithras injected a fraction of evil power into the enchantment of his sword without nullifying the holy aspect of it. One could compare it to the holy enchantment being a pool of water, but Mithras just polluted it. The Holy Wolf had either of two options; either stop consuming the energy (water) in the sword (pool,) or be poisoned by its taint (pollution) and slowly die to it. If the latter is the case, that's hopefully three wolves down.

In order to ensure Ari stayed in place, Mithras ensnared his own sword in a corrupt, malleable darkness. From this darkness, grew tentacles and tendrils of what seemed to be a semi-gelatinous shadow substance. These tentacles grew out further and tightly kept Ari's staff connected with Mithras' sword, like glue, and they would expand even further as to cuff his arms together and keep them stuck to the weapons. The shadowy substance was like a powerful glue or a spider-web that expanded further and further across Ari's body unless he could think of some way to escape. Through these tentacles, Mithras slowly drained Ari's mana and health and transferred it to himself as to slowly heal the wound and bridge the gap of energy dealt to him thus far. Soon enough, more of these tentacles sprouted from the ground and enveloped Ari's legs as well.

And that's how Mithras dealt with the Phoenix creature. In order to hide from the damage, Mithras let go of his sword, as Ari was now kept in place by the tentacular appendages. He grasped Ari from behind, callously using him as a body shield.

"We'll burn together."

Just in case Ari had anything else planned, such as a plan of escape, Mithras started channeling mana into a shield so that he could at least mitigate the fire damage and not burn into ash when the Phoenix-arrow crashed.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Tyr turned towards his wife and set the rest of the wood down. He felt ashamed. Walking to her, the bard embraced Bailey in his arms, holding her dearly. "I.. I'm sorry, Bailey... I won't do it again. I promise.."
Bailey wrapped her arms around him tightly, hugging him warmly. She loved him to much to find him like that again, "If you ever feel like you're going to, please come find me. If I'm in Faylen, use the comm stone. Please, just don't....I can't....we can't lose you," She said, pulling away slightly to place a gentle kiss on his cheek, before he gave him a soft smile. "Come back inside please. Ari is gonna make some breakfast once he's done with...well, whatever it is he's doing."

Mithras smirked at the Ice Wolf's sacrifice. That's one wolf down.

The Wind Wolf bit into Mithras' shoulder, but the knight didn't mind it in particular. He knew this would happen. From Mithras' wound, black ichor spilled and possibly entered the wolf's mouth. It was a very caustic and dangerous poison that automatically entered Mithras' veins when he used enough black magic. Of course, he could force it out with a proper, short purification spell, but there was no reason to do so, especially since it had its perks. The wolf, magical or not, was likely to succumb to the effects of the substance and die quickly. Even a few drops would be enough to make it drop to the ground.

That's, hopefully, two wolves down.

"Excellent! That's just how much time I need," Mithras exclaimed with excitement. Still, the holy wolf was a problem. As a way of dealing with it, Mithras injected a fraction of evil power into the enchantment of his sword without nullifying the holy aspect of it. One could compare it to the holy enchantment being a pool of water, but Mithras just polluted it. The Holy Wolf had either of two options; either stop consuming the energy (water) in the sword (pool,) or be poisoned by its taint (pollution) and slowly die to it. If the latter is the case, that's hopefully three wolves down.

In order to ensure Ari stayed in place, Mithras ensnared his own sword in a corrupt, malleable darkness. From this darkness, grew tentacles and tendrils of what seemed to be a semi-gelatinous shadow substance. These tentacles grew out further and tightly kept Ari's staff connected with Mithras' sword, like glue, and they would expand even further as to cuff his arms together and keep them stuck to the weapons. The shadowy substance was like a powerful glue or a spider-web that expanded further and further across Ari's body unless he could think of some way to escape. Through these tentacles, Mithras slowly drained Ari's mana and health and transferred it to himself as to slowly heal the wound and bridge the gap of energy dealt to him thus far. Soon enough, more of these tentacles sprouted from the ground and enveloped Ari's legs as well.

And that's how Mithras dealt with the Phoenix creature. In order to hide from the damage, Mithras let go of his sword, as Ari was now kept in place by the tentacular appendages. He grasped Ari from behind, callously using him as a body shield.

"We'll burn together."

Just in case Ari had anything else planned, such as a plan of escape, Mithras started channeling mana into a shield so that he could at least mitigate the fire damage and not burn into ash when the Phoenix-arrow crashed.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
The 4 minute mark and it was time to end the fight before time was up.
Ari just laughed as he was held by the tentacles. This wouldn't last long.
Mithras was grabbed out of nowhere in a mouth full of flames and held there to cook for a second. Arms being crunched together, and the flames so hot his armor could be bent like clay. Any hotter and it'd
become full blown molten. Either he projects the shield now, or he'd die in a few seconds

Mithras made the oversight of not thinking about the Fire Wolf. Now he was being cooked in the mouth of the Fire Wolf. The Wolf jumped up to meet the phoenix with Mithras in its mouth. Flying down, the phoenix shot flames straight down, which burned the tentacles off Ari. Ari took damage, but it was a necessary burn. Most went into the tentacles anyways. As for how the phoenix's flames affected mithras and the fire wolf, the wolf was immune, and if Mitra played it safe and projected the shield, the flames would weaken it to the point where it would shatter. This was due to both the phoenix and the fire wolf cooking him at 500 degrees from 2 sides

The Holy Wolf, right before teetering down, shot off all its holy magic in another Holy Blast to hit the phoenix. It chose to attack rather than purge the darkness from its body and it disappeared. The phoenix now turned pinkish as the heat increased to well over 900 degrees, the heat being felt for miles, so bright the phoenix looked like a mini sun

They met and another massive explosion. Ari projected another shield to block these flames. As for Mithras, however, if he projected the shield, he'd be fatally injured (but alive), since the phoenix would shatter the shield and keep going to hit. If he didn't project the shield, he'd be dead long before they actually met

If he didn't pull some secret technique, Regardless of whether or not he made the shield, whether he was killed or just fatally injured, when the smoke cleared, the only thing to see would be a knight with an arrow in his chest lying on a field of long burned away grass

The 4:45 mark. Time almost up. Would he survive?

Bailey wrapped her arms around him tightly, hugging him warmly. She loved him to much to find him like that again, "If you ever feel like you're going to, please come find me. If I'm in Faylen, use the comm stone. Please, just don't....I can't....we can't lose you," She said, pulling away slightly to place a gentle kiss on his cheek, before he gave him a soft smile. "Come back inside please. Ari is gonna make some breakfast once he's done with...well, whatever it is he's doing."
Tyr paused as she finished speaking, and slowly walked up to her, looking rather upset. Something that she said must have triggered something within the bard's brain "I promise that will call you, Bailey. I promise that I will keep this family together, Bailey, but it will be a frigid day in hell that I let the summoning bastard into my kitchen or cook me food." He said before picking his wife up, and carrying her back to the door.
"That man can't even cook eggs properly, let alone a full meal." He joked, kissing her forehead. "He only knows how to cook because I taught him. Plus, it isn't like he cooks any of the food in his house. His maid does it all for him."

Mithras felt confident. A specialty of his was his strong mind, and his unwavering, indomitable willpower. The damage the Phoenix would bring about, alongside with the fire was too much to take on directly. The most likely result was death or injury that would quickly lead to death.

Mithras had a solution. He still had a spell of black magic that could negate damage like this, but using it was... well, not easy. But sometimes, a loophole is much better than a solution.

Mithras held his arms out and projected a glorious, golden shield with all mana he could channel through his soul in the meager time he was given. The Phoenix, and the Wolf both collided and hit their mark. Dust, like an explosion of obscurity, covered everything.

The dust cleared, to reveal, as predicted, a paladin with an arrow in his chest. Mithras was on his knees, barely with enough power to stand. His whole armor was covered in ash and dust, and pieces of it were burnt right off, revealing deep burn scars underneath. He would have to go visit a blacksmith for repairs or find a spellcaster who can revert the damage.

Mithras was too weak to stand up, but the fight was not over. Mithras started healing his wounds, one joint at a time. He started with the knees and ankles, so he could stand up. And so he did. In three seconds, Mithras stood up from the ground, silent. In three more, he regained use of his arms and picked up his sword. In another three, he was almost out of mana.

"You pack a punch," he spoke loudly, in an injured voice, slowly stepping forward to Ari. Half of Mithras' helmet was gone, revealing a badly burnt face, some scarring, and a waterfall of blood going down from his forehead and into his left eye, blinding it. "I'm on the verge. My heart's almost failing. The nervure in my left arm isn't working. The burns across my body sting, but I stand. You aren't trying hard enough."

Mithras let out a jovial, heartfelt laugh. To be able to laugh with this amount of injuries on his body meant he was a masochist, or at least very insensitive to pain, or perhaps he had some kind of anesthetic spell. "You dance pretty well. I wasn't prepared for that, but I sure will be next time if it ever comes to be."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Tyr paused as she finished speaking, and slowly walked up to her, looking rather upset. Something that she said must have triggered something within the bard's brain "I promise that will call you, Bailey. I promise that I will keep this family together, Bailey, but it will be a frigid day in hell that I let the summoning bastard into my kitchen or cook me food." He said before picking his wife up, and carrying her back to the door.
"That man can't even cook eggs properly, let alone a full meal." He joked, kissing her forehead. "He only knows how to cook because I taught him. Plus, it isn't like he cooks any of the food in his house. His maid does it all for him."
She was a bit confused, but relived at his words. She couldn't help but giggle when he picked her up, the action never getting old. It wad a simple, but romantic gesture in her eyes. "But he kicked in our door...again...it's The least he can do," She said. "But, if you insist, I suggest pancakes. Everyone loves pancakes, and I brought some chocolate bits home with me."

Mithras felt confident. A specialty of his was his strong mind, and his unwavering, indomitable willpower. The damage the Phoenix would bring about, alongside with the fire was too much to take on directly. The most likely result was death or injury that would quickly lead to death.

Mithras had a solution. He still had a spell of black magic that could negate damage like this, but using it was... well, not easy. But sometimes, a loophole is much better than a solution.

Mithras held his arms out and projected a glorious, golden shield with all mana he could channel through his soul in the meager time he was given. The Phoenix, and the Wolf both collided and hit their mark. Dust, like an explosion of obscurity, covered everything.

The dust cleared, to reveal, as predicted, a paladin with an arrow in his chest. Mithras was on his knees, barely with enough power to stand. His whole armor was covered in ash and dust, and pieces of it were burnt right off, revealing deep burn scars underneath. He would have to go visit a blacksmith for repairs or find a spellcaster who can revert the damage.

Mithras was too weak to stand up, but the fight was not over. Mithras started healing his wounds, one joint at a time. He started with the knees and ankles, so he could stand up. And so he did. In three seconds, Mithras stood up from the ground, silent. In three more, he regained use of his arms and picked up his sword. In another three, he was almost out of mana.

"You pack a punch," he spoke loudly, in an injured voice, slowly stepping forward to Ari. Half of Mithras' helmet was gone, revealing a badly burnt face, some scarring, and a waterfall of blood going down from his forehead and into his left eye, blinding it. "I'm on the verge. My heart's almost failing. The nervure in my left arm isn't working. The burns across my body sting, but I stand. You aren't trying hard enough."

Mithras let out a jovial, heartfelt laugh. To be able to laugh with this amount of injuries on his body meant he was a masochist, or at least very insensitive to pain, or perhaps he had some kind of anesthetic spell. "You dance pretty well. I wasn't prepared for that, but I sure will be next time if it ever comes to be."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari Waesmor
Training Field

Ari charged then impaled him straight through the heart with the spear side of his staff. "End him NOW!!"

The fire wolf jumped onto Ari's staff then disappeared. The staff set ablaze and ignited him from the inside out, melting his heart

However, before he could actually die, the field erupted in Holy Magic. In a brilliant flash of light, they were back on the opposite side of the field. "One second longer," Ari spat. So Mithras had held out for the 5 minutes, him dying at what would've been 5:01.

Besides the loss of mana, there was no sign of a fight whatsoever. No injuries, no scratches, no dead plants, nothing. They both looked exactly like they did before they started fighting.

"Alright Mithras, you've proven yourself to be a good punching bag. If you can survive for 5 minutes, you possess enough skill to survive most the bullshit we deal with and definitely enough to take on most other humans. I suppose you're hired. You get paid 50 gold for every day you're on duty (equivalent to $500/daily) and 50 for if we have to fight major enemies."

Ari walked closer to the center of the field and summoned all the wolves he fought with. "You all did well. Go hunt," he told them, petting them and treating them like domesticated dogs. The Armored wolf howled then they all took off after him, the armored wolf being the alpha for this hunt.

"Now for your brief," he said, looking back at Mithras. He began his lecture. "You're not just my bodyguard. You're a Waesmor bodyguard. That means me, Arabelle and especially my kids. I'm not gonna make you act like some drone to stay near until it's time to defend. 10/10 I'll be able to defend myself. You'll get a 1 way teleportation crystal that'll teleport you to me when I activate it, no matter the distance. It also serves as a communication crystal. You're required to have it at all times.

"More often than not, your job is reporting any safety threats, scouting, and being a lookout. If you have to fight, you're required to tell me. If you're compromised, you'll tell me. Don't go revealing your identity and especially don't tell people who you work for."

With a sigh, Ari finished things off. "That's about it. Welcome aboard. Any questions you ask will be answered either with the truth, an IDK, or a classified info. You're free to take part in any meals we have, like breakfast which is now. If you have no questions, let's go." That was 2 fights before breakfast. Ari was starving.

"Fifty a day? That's good," Mithras felt victorious. Even though he died just a moment before, the wounds on his body were gone and his armor was repaired. In addition, fifty pieces of gold daily was more than he made on average. Typically, he found a single job worth roughly one-hundred golden pieces every three, four days or so, alongside with smaller odd jobs between that span. This was an upgrade and it also brought stability.

Mithras took off his helmet and looked at Ari with a splendid smile. How would you feel after lasting even five minutes against the legendary Black Assassin?

And then, came the brief. At the end of the lecture, Mithras had only one inquiry to make. "Only one question. What are my chances for a date with the head maid? Unless intermingling between the staff isn't allowed. If that's the case, then I shan't bring it up again."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"Fifty a day? That's good," Mithras felt victorious. Even though he died just a moment before, the wounds on his body were gone and his armor was repaired. In addition, fifty pieces of gold daily was more than he made on average. Typically, he found a single job worth roughly one-hundred golden pieces every three, four days or so, alongside with smaller odd jobs between that span. This was an upgrade and it also brought stability.

Mithras took off his helmet and looked at Ari with a splendid smile. How would you feel after lasting even five minutes against the legendary Black Assassin?

And then, came the brief. At the end of the lecture, Mithras had only one inquiry to make. "Only one question. What are my chances for a date with the head maid? Unless intermingling between the staff isn't allowed. If that's the case, then I shan't bring it up again."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari laughed hard. Such an oddball question out of nowhere. Of everything he could've asked, he asked if he could get his rocks off. He definitely had a brass pair on him, which Ari could only respect. "I don't care what you do in your free time, so long as it won't make me question your ability to do your job. People would try regardless. However, Alison is a special case. She was my slave some years ago, yet when I offered her freedom, she begged me to stay. Maybe it's the 35 gold a day pay. Maybe it was me not treating her as a slave. All I know is that she's seriously dedicated. I personally don't care about intermingling, but she's the Maid of Maids, or the headmaid, so she may or may not feel differently." In other words, you'll have to ask her.

Willow walked onto the field and the white magic circle that made up the training field turned black and became ineffective. Luckily the healing effects already healed them completely. She ran up to Ari and Mithras. "That was awesome!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down, reveling in awe of what took part the last 5 minutes. "I want to learn to cast magic like that! Why didn't you summon a Dark Wolf, daddy?"

"Because the spawn circle was destroyed,"
Ari said. He could've easily cast another spawn circle, but he had enough to get the job done. While Ari had an unrivaled mana pool, a spawn circle took a bit to cast, since it was auto-recharging and self-casting. In that entire fight, Ari used only about 10% of his entire mana pool, and 9.5% of it was to cast that Spawn Circle.

Ari thought about the fight and addressed Mithras. "You're one of only 3 people out of hundreds who passed that test. The only others have been Ethan and Alison, and you're the only one who passed using the turtle-shelling method. I don't know if you've fought any summoners before me, but their caliber must've not been high for you to resort to that method, unless that's your default strategy. What did you typically face in the Blue Hearts?"

Arabelle had heard all the noise end, so she knew the battle was over. She walked out with Ryan and found Ari, taking his hand gently, though she nodded a few times as she looked for it. She still wasn’t fully accustomed to being blind, even if it’s been many years. She kissed his cheek. “I love you,” she murmured, laying her head on his shoulder. She was so tired.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
"A slave you say? Then she and I have something in common," Mithras exclaimed. Mithras looked at Ari melancholically.

"Fortunately, the paladins found and freed me. That's when I became a serf to their order. Later, I passed the three trials and became a squire, and later, a full battle-brother. When they joined the Inquisition under Alreos, I went rogue and fought my ex-comrades for several years, until I was captured and thrown into an arena by Khan. Later, I managed to escape."

When Ari asked what he typically faced, Mithras didn't know what to exactly say. "All sorts of odd creatures. We had to be prepared for anything. Typically, we hunted necromancers and black mages, as well as other heretics - which as you can see with me as an example - is really ironic, but we did fight some impressive beasts. We stumbled upon a Tarrasque once, but we didn't manage to kill it, and another time we cleared out a nest of Beholders. Some of the nastiest monsters known to man."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 P Paint The Wind

"Really we can go out!? Yes, a hundred times over yes!" Siegberf said excitedly. For a brief moment he morphed but it was almost like a brief flash and it was over. "When? How much time till then!?

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

"A slave you say? Then she and I have something in common," Mithras exclaimed. Mithras looked at Ari melancholically.

"Fortunately, the paladins found and freed me. That's when I became a serf to their order. Later, I passed the three trials and became a squire, and later, a full battle-brother. When they joined the Inquisition under Alreos, I went rogue and fought my ex-comrades for several years, until I was captured and thrown into an arena by Khan. Later, I managed to escape."

When Ari asked what he typically faced, Mithras didn't know what to exactly say. "All sorts of odd creatures. We had to be prepared for anything. Typically, we hunted necromancers and black mages, as well as other heretics - which as you can see with me as an example - is really ironic, but we did fight some impressive beasts. We stumbled upon a Tarrasque once, but we didn't manage to kill it, and another time we cleared out a nest of Beholders. Some of the nastiest monsters known to man."

Ari Waesmor
Training Field

Beholders are nasty beasts indeed, Ari said, nodding. He decided to push away the thought of him having Inquisition training (even though he wasn't in the Inquisition), as Ari has problems with the Church, due to his history as the Black Assassin.

Then Arabelle came up and leaned on him. He picked her up in the princess carry and Willow jumped on his back to piggyback. "I love you too, Arabelle. Let's go eat. You too Mithras. Enough introductions and briefings." He carried Arabelle in the house with Willow on his back. He had Willow open the doors to the house service to greet them.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Waesmor!"
They all yelled in unison upon them entering. The house service here varied greatly in size, shape, ethnicity, color, etc. The only similarity was their uniform. Most of them wore the same black and white, the "french maid." Others, the service in authority, wore differing uniforms to
Ari was used to this. He looked around at the gathered house service like the captain of a bunch of troops. Looking and inspecting for anyone absent or out of uniform. "Do you have accountability?"
Alison stepped forward and bowed. "All maids and butlers accounted for, Mr. Waesmor."
"Good. I suspect that breakfast is ready?"
She smiled a charming genuine smile. "Of course, Mr. Waesmor!"
"Give us 5 minutes." He kissed Arabelle again. "Let's go prepare. No walking for you, ok?" Without letting her resist, he started towards the stairs. Willow followed them. Her room was different, but in the same direction.

P Paint The Wind
Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

This left Mithras alone with all the maids.
Alison looked at him. "Since you're here, that means you've passed Mr. Waesmor's test. I say congratulations, Mithras."
The other maids and butlers also congratulated him. Alison walked over and held out a crystal for him to take. This was likely the Communication Teleportation crystal "If you have any questions, you can ask us. However, if they're in a normal uniform, I ask that you don't bother them if they're working unless it's an emergency."

Arabelle squeaked in surprise when Ari picked her up. She chuckled and laid her head on his chest. Arabelle blushed when all the servants greeted them. It still made her feel uncomfortable to be waited on like this, she didn’t feel like she deserved it, and she always tried to help the servants with their work, even though she was never really much help since she couldn’t see. “Ari, I can walk on my own!” She was laughing, and by now Ryan had jumped down and was running to his room.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Mithras nodded to Ari's proposition of breakfast. "Aye, aye." He followed Ari back into the residence. He put his helmet back on for now, as to not have to carry it around in his hand. Mithras sheathed his sword back into the scabbard and entered the mansion after the family.

He took the crystal from Alison and smiled at her congratulations. "Thanks. Your master really doesn't hold back. Where can I leave my stuff?" he looked up at her. He'd want to get his bags off of Dullahan as quick as possible and get a breather after the test. It was, however, one of the quickest job interviews in history. Ari didn't seem to care for things like past history or credentials. Or perhaps he did, and did not make it clear, or had some other way of obtaining such information. All that Mithras did so far to prove himself was last five minutes in a ring.

Arabelle squeaked in surprise when Ari picked her up. She chuckled and laid her head on his chest. Arabelle blushed when all the servants greeted them. It still made her feel uncomfortable to be waited on like this, she didn’t feel like she deserved it, and she always tried to help the servants with their work, even though she was never really much help since she couldn’t see. “Ari, I can walk on my own!” She was laughing, and by now Ryan had jumped down and was running to his room.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

"No resistance, Arabelle." Ari jumped up the 2 flights of stairs, turning a front flip in between, in one leap. Hopefully, Arabelle wouldn't get dizzy or sense that he did this. He carried her into the room then let her down. "Alright, out of those jammies. Here are your day clothes." Ari tossed her some clothes. Since she couldn't see, the clothes likely wrapped around her face after hitting her. She probably insisted on finding her own clothes, but screw that. Ari knew what clothes she wanted........or at least what clothes he wanted her to wear

"Did you have anything planned for the day?" Ari asked her as he himself started to change into his mage robes.

Mithras nodded to Ari's proposition of breakfast. "Aye, aye." He followed Ari back into the residence. He put his helmet back on for now, as to not have to carry it around in his hand. Mithras sheathed his sword back into the scabbard and entered the mansion after the family.

He took the crystal from Alison and smiled at her congratulations. "Thanks. Your master really doesn't hold back. Where can I leave my stuff?" he looked up at her. He'd want to get his bags off of Dullahan as quick as possible and get a breather after the test. It was, however, one of the quickest job interviews in history. Ari didn't seem to care for things like past history or credentials. Or perhaps he did, and did not make it clear, or had some other way of obtaining such information. All that Mithras did so far to prove himself was last five minutes in a ring.

Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

"Just put it down in the guest room. Someone come lead him there." A butler came running up. He was one with the differing uniforms. In his case, he had on a red tux instead of the typical black. "Allow me to lead you there, Mithras," the man said. From the way he didn't add any titles like Mr. or Sir, it was indicative of the hierarchy of the place, or at least what his ranking was compared to Mithras's in Ari's eyes. Somewhat equal in rank to Ari. He was available to help carry a few things if Mithras so desired. Whether or not Mithras chose to take it, the butler then led him to a room that was still on the ground floor of the mansion. Upon opening the door, the butler stood by to let Mithras enter first.

97d80d06fc71042cc99451ee3a19bb82.jpg

"This guest room is available for 2 days only. If room and board was discussed in your hiring, then I'll get word from Mr. Waesmor at some point today. Feel free to put down your equipment and whatever else you desire to do, then meet everyone downstairs for breakfast."

“Show off,” she teased, having felt him flip. She heard him rustling around and then clothes wrapped around her face. She giggled, pulling them off, feeling them. “Oh, you wanted me to wear a dress that shows of my chest? Why don’t you just ask me to?” she teased with a giggle. She got undressed and put the dress on. “I wanted to go for a walk with you, leave the kids with Misty and Nala. I wanted to talk to you about something.”

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Mithras retrieved his bags and followed the butler into the guest room and looked around. This was a guest room? It looked... luxurious. "Understood."

Mithras dropped the bags on top of the drawer near the bed, then unpacked several of his belongings and took off his gauntlets. Cumbersome metallic armor for the hands is the last thing you need when eating breakfast.

Once he was done, Mithras left the rest of his equipment in the room and walked down to the dining room, then took the designated seat at the table. Truly, this was, indeed, the quickest job interview. Just ten minutes ago, Mithras first arrived in town, and now he was going to eat breakfast at his new boss' table.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

“Show off,” she teased, having felt him flip. She heard him rustling around and then clothes wrapped around her face. She giggled, pulling them off, feeling them. “Oh, you wanted me to wear a dress that shows of my chest? Why don’t you just ask me to?” she teased with a giggle. She got undressed and put the dress on. “I wanted to go for a walk with you, leave the kids with Misty and Nala. I wanted to talk to you about something.”

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Ari Waesmor
Waesmor Manor

"Oh come on," Ari said in a mock offended, surprised manner. "I'm leaving enough for the imagination. Just enough for it." Ari finished getting dressed. "Besides, if we're going for a walk, it's not only hot outside, but it's just the two of us, so no stares to your well endowments."
When Arabelle got finished getting dressed, he asked the question. "What did you want to talk about? Do you want to go now or after we eat?"

Alison Foster
Waesmor Manor

When Mithras came back down, some of the house service was eating already. "Go ahead and help yourself to breakfast." Every meal at Waesmor Manor was a feast to accommodate not only the huge appetite of Ari, Elaina, and the kids, but also the huge staff and the rest of the members of the group. Ari and Arabelle were nowhere to be found
Alison decided to answer what would be legitimate question of why was the house service was eating before the masters and guests ate. "Those in house service who are off for the day are present for breakfast (whether or not they want to eat) and eat like guests, then released at noon. I'm here every day since I get Room and Board."

She looked Mithras up and down. "So why were you wanted in the first place, and why is a Paladin who was in an organization that became Alreos's Inquisition using black magic. Isn't that what the Inquisition killed people for taking part in?" The Inquisition was a BIG no-no to Ari, as Willow was the child of a divine unholy god. Needless to say, the Church had plenty of incentive to kill Willow and kidnap Ryan.
Birdsie Birdsie

Arabelle laughed at him and kissed Ari gently, pressing herself against him. “I’m fine with that.” She nuzzled him, kissing him gently. “I wanted to talk about my nightmares. We can wait until after breakfast, you must be starving. It might take a while.” She hugged him gently, laying her head on his chest.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back