• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑮

erzulie

cheers for spring; for life; for a growing soul

• the calling !

a mythology academia roleplay.

The world around you fades to black and you are surrounded by complete darkness. Slowly the darkness fades, revealing a figure that you have encountered before. Something about this is different for they radiate an energy that can only be described as ethereal, divine even. The pride in their eyes was clear when they began to speak.

“Young one, the time has come for you to learn of your heritage. Divine blood flows through your veins, marking you for greatness and glory. Now that you’ve recognized your potential you will be hunted. Monsters born with a thirst for divine blood and an appetite for chaos will come for you and those you love. But fear not child of my blood, together you shall train with those like you so that you may slay these monsters and put an end to the damage that they cause. I shall show you the passage to your destiny.”

With those words you’re suddenly aware of the world around you once again. For a moment you simply stood there in silence as you processed what had happened. Perhaps you went about your day, brushing what you saw aside. Or did you eagerly accept your new role in life? Either way the monsters came as told they would, hungry for a taste of divinity made flesh. The time has come to train, to learn of your heritage and your powers in order to defend others against the monsters that lurk within the shadows.

GM’s Note: Hello everyone and welcome to The Calling! This roleplay is basically a mythology based rp with Percy Jackson elements thrown in the mix. It centers around the children and descendants of gods and demigods from different pantheons who attend a college type academy, where they learn about their heritage and how to hunt monsters.

Rules
RULE 1. Follow all rpn rules. Must be 18+!

RULE 2. This rp isn’t first come, first serve. Characters will be chosen after the character sheets close. Only real images are allowed.

RULE 3. Try to be active, I understand that real life comes first but try to inform me when you need to disappear. I’m expecting people to be able to post at least twice a week. There will be a discord for ooc chat and discussions once characters are chosen.

RULE 4.Literacy is a must. No one-liner replies will be allowed. I'm expecting to see 500+ word replies on average, with good quality! I'm not super strict on this rule.

Roles
DEMIGODS. Demigods, or half-bloods, are a race of beings who are half-mortal, half-god. They possess mortal souls and are vulnerable to old age and death though longer than average human lifespans; however, their godly blood endows them with special abilites that allow them to achieve feats usually not possible by humans.

LEGACIES. Legacies are called as such due to being a mortal grandchild or further descendant of a particular deity, for example having three mortal grandparents and one godly grandparent. Legacies only count the god that they are a decedent of as an ancestor rather than parent or grandparent, for example, a legacy of Ares/Mars is not considered a legacy of Zeus/Jupiter.

Last edited:
Aaaah I’m so glad this is getting interest! I just got off from work but I’ll get to work on the ooc and cs soon!

The ooc is up! I’ll have the character sheet up either tonight or tomorrow! I’ve also added a mobile friendly spoiler at the bottom of the code.

image0.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back