• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑮: 𝑰𝑪

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
mood: amused
outfit: here
mentions:
interactions:
mylo, fletcher
tags: Maverick. Maverick. , cablebelly cablebelly
Ikenna Okafor
“to that divine, mischievous spark in you.”

Ikenna had gotten a good laugh from watching the terrified freshmen scramble to avoid the kraken’s tentacles. He swore that one of them had even pissed themselves when the creature peered at them from the water. For a moment he had thought that one of the tentacles had wrapped around his stomach but as far as he knew the kraken didn’t tremble. Looking down he stared at the shaking freshmen in equal parts amusement and annoyance in his eyes. With a firm grip on the back of the student’s neck he quickly ripped them off, all but tossing them aside. Ikenna hadn’t even checked to see if they’d fallen, he’d heard them as they yelped and lost their footing. He could even pretend to care, not when he could see Mythos in the distance and getting closer.

The Island was like a second home to him. There was no doubt that Ikenna was proud of where he came from, that he enjoyed the privileges that came with his royal title back home. Adapting had been a challenge for him when he’d first arrived. So used to being treated as if he was better, Ikenna was taken back by how he was received by a lot of the students. He could remember how it had felt to realize that he was amongst the “weak” in a place created for those more than human. His grandfather had told him that he was destined for greatness while those around him told him that he could do little to measure up to them. He had let their words fuel him, he enjoyed proving others wrong.

Ikenna leaned against the taffrail and looked down at the crowd that had gathered below. He knew that they weren’t cheering for him specifically but it felt nice nevertheless. It reminded him of when he would return home during their breaks. He moved through the crowd easily, his big frame making a way for him to pass. People either moved or were knocked into as he glided by. When Ikenna finally stepped off of the dock and onto the white sands of Leon Beach, he began looking for a familiar face amongst the crowd of people. Some people greeted him as he searched and depending on who it was they received a smirk in return or were simply ignored.

His search hadn’t been long and for that he thanked his height, it gave him an advantage of seeing over most people. In the distance Ikenna could see Mylo sitting on the sand, staring out at the water with someone beside him. It was then that he made his way over from behind. The smirk on his face grew once he recognized the other person. Ikenna knew how Fletcher looked from behind well, since he was often running away from him. For a moment he said nothing as he crossed his arms over his chest. “Well, don’t you two look cosy. Staring out into the water and sitting so close together…feels like I’m almost interrupting a date or something.”
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
fletcher lowes
interactions: Maverick. Maverick. erzulie erzulie // erzulie erzulie miyabi miyabi

d78d591c5b51aeb99df6e229df8cc71c.jpg

”I think you’re full of shit. What the fuck do you know?”

Fletcher raised a finger indignantly, like he had something incredibly smart to say and as if a pair of glasses had appeared upon his head at that very moment. His mouth opened, but nothing came out. This moment of postured pause became very short lived, and after a few seconds, he slumped back down and gave a meager shrug, though a relaxed smile still played on his lips. “Eh, you just don’t believe.” He drawled, waving his hand around. “If you were in Peter Pan, all the fairies would be dead. C’mon, man, would it kill you to have a lil faith in your ol’ pal Fletch?”

There was a little more silence between them. Mylo squinted up at the sun, possibly swallowing up its angry heat waves to produce more pissy energy. Mylo liked to claim he had no powers, but someone bustling with that much rage had to be blocking something cool and badass out just for the sake of being able to brood. It was quiet as it could be with Fletcher’s limbs fritzing in the sand, with Fletcher trying to mentally stave off some of the anger that radiated from Mylo just as much as the buzzing of bees emanated from him.

As polite as Mylo could manage, which wasn’t very polite at all, he ended their moment of reflection. Ah, yes. Fletcher had struck a nerve. With Mylo, that wasn’t exactly hard to do. Still, Fletcher had accomplished a lot in the solid two minutes that the other sophomore had tolerated him. He’d given a gift, blabbed to his heart’s content, and been allowed to sit next to the man for about as long as Fletcher could handle sitting still. Maybe he’d even left the young man some food for thought; that this year didn’t have to be an uphill battle.

He would’ve fucked off right then and there, if a tall, scary figure of a man had not blocked out the sun. Fletcher swallowed past a lump in his throat as he sat up a little straighter, no longer relaxing on the palms of his hands behind him. How Mylo tolerated being around this guy, Fletcher couldn’t understand, but he supposed it had to be that self deprecating part of him that loved keeping shitty company. (Fletcher, obviously, was the representation of Mylo's non-deprecating side. God given gift.) Making sure he had calmed the quiver that threatened to lurch out in his voice before speaking, Fletcher stood, dusting his palms off on his pants, and very bravely (for him) looked up at Ikenna. Fletcher wasn’t short by any means, but Ikenna made him feel like a midget.

Fletcher cleared his throat. “Sounds… like someone's lil touch starved, to me.”

Nice. No voice crack.

Alright, that was about as long as he was comfortable hanging within choking distance of Ikenna. He’d gotten out one quip and even taken a preventative step back, just so that he’d have a leg up if Ikenna lunged. With a bright smile, Fletcher saluted Mylo, and flipped off Ikenna.

Then, his form fizzed out of existence. Mylo would be able to watch as something of a sandstorm kicked up, as Fletcher used his dashing exit to make one, two, three super-speed circles around Ikenna, absolutely showering the larger man in sand. When it eventually diminished, Fletcher would be gone, and at Ikenna’s feet, a little plastic pile of dog shit.

Prank gifts!

He was probably going to die in the near future, but now that the Dutchman had made it to shore, he had a bit more protection on his side. Fletcher zoomed to the dock, in search of any familiar faces that would save him in the event that Ikenna came running after him. He darted expertly between figures at high speeds, probably shaking off all manners of sand as he did so, until he skidded to a halt in front of two young women who would surely not let him die before Sophomore year even started.

“Alina! Althea!” Fletcher announced giddily, skidding to a violent halt in front of them, so much so that he actually made a screeching noise as the rubber of his Converse melted away. Damn, that was his second pair this month. He went through so many shoes. He flung his arms out and grabbed them both up in a hug, squeezing tightly before letting go just a beat after it had already gotten awkward. “God, I missed you guys!” Althea had only been gone a week, on her spooky scary mission, but that was enough for Fletcher to go stir crazy. And Alina had been gone all summer! That was for fucking ever.

“Oh, oh!” Fletcher said, pulling out his sack bag once more and beginning to rummage. His foot tapped incessantly as he rooted around inside the leather pouch, stealing glances up at Alina and Althea as he did so to catch their reaction. “I have gifts. It’s also super likely that I might be pummeled to death in like the next twenty seconds, so I just want to give these out before I bite the dust.” He pulled out the golden hair clip for Alina, and the tortilla blanket for Althea, shooting them both a brilliant grin. “A-and I have receipts. So when I die you can return the things and I won’t feel bad.” A wink. It was obvious that Fletcher had given up on containing his excitement. At this point, the adrenaline running through his body, the exhilaration of all his friends coming back to campus, was too much for him to think twice before exaggerating the target on his back and speaking until his lungs ran out of air. Luckily for him, these were two of the people who knew him best, and were probably just as happy, though probably not as endlessly eager, to see him too. At least, he hoped so.

Fletcher took a moment to zip behind Althea, crouching slightly to use her as cover in case Ikenna were to be barrelling back over to the dock with bloodlust in his eyes. He rested his chin on her shoulder, and from this new view point, gleamed at Alina. Althea would probably be able to feel the microscopic, perpetual buzzing that seemed to emanate from Fletcher’s body whenever he got a little too hyper like this. “Look at this! The gang's all here. Althea didn’t die and prolly kicked monster butt, I didn’t spontaneously combust over the summer, and you probably took Cote-De-Whatever or wherever you were by storm, right? Obviously. Oh man, I’m glad you guys are back. It was so boring here without you. You’re gonna have to tell me all about everything and anything. I want to hear about all the badass monster stories!”

leia kobayashi.

Eyes transfixed on Oshea and Nina, Leia gave a short laugh. She found it amusing to watch their vastly different, yet similar, personalities interact. It was clear how good of friends the two were, and it oddly provided her with a sense of comfort. The two had only just reunited, yet it was as though they were never apart.

"I do see, Nina," Leia nodded, expression turning into that of fake remorse. "It truly is awful, my sincerest apologies. May you find the strength to move forward." A playful smirk spreading across her face, she was more than delighted to maintain the lighthearted mood. While she and Oshea weren't exactly friends, she thoroughly enjoyed his company. The notorious flirt had a way of making her have a good time.

Running a hand through her hair, Leia scrunched her nose in amusement. "Think so? I have to admit, I could never pull off the color nearly as well as you do." Oshea has enough sense to understand that the young woman isn't flirting, she's just matching his energy. She's always been thoroughly easy-going and adaptable. "Sorry, Nina, I guess you have some competition now for the best friend role."

She watched as Oshea extended his arm, offering his cigarette to her. Of course, she's willing to try anything, though she's somewhat surprised that it took this long for her to be offered a cigarette-- and of all environments, too. Most of the time, she tried a new form of entertainment at one of the many parties she would attend with Fletcher.

"Well, there's a first for everything," Leia accepted the offer, placing the cigarette between her lips and taking a small inhale. She made the mistake of inhaling directly into her lungs, which is what she would typically do with a joint. Quickly removing the cigarette from her lips, she immediately placed her face into the crevice of her elbow and began coughing. Surely, Oshea and Nina must have been at least somewhat amused by the scene.

"Okay, I admit defeat here," she regained her composure and smiled as she handed back the cigarette. "I'm holding you accountable for those negative test results, bud."

Leia was about to shoot Oshea some classic finger-guns when she heard something coming from the sea below. Understanding what was about to happen, she quickly crouched down to prevent herself from falling on her ass. Tentacles suddenly appeared everywhere as the glorious Kraken made her grand appearance and began to tilt the Flying Duchman. A wet tentacle probed at Leia's head, demanding her attention. She laughed as she began to pet it affectionately.

Soon enough, the ship tilted back to an upright position and the tentacles disappeared as Mythos came into view. Once the ship had docked, Leia rushed to find a familiar face. She made a break for it once she did, barreling into the young man afterward and messing up his hair.

"Fletch! I guess you're stuck rooming with me this year," she beamed at him, keeping an arm loosely placed atop his shoulder as she turned to the two young women with Fletcher. "Hey, guys! You both look amazing, ten out of ten. What's been going on?"

• tags: cablebelly cablebelly fin fin miyabi miyabi erzulie erzulie • interactions: Nina, Oshea, Fletcher, Althea, Alina • outfit: x

the lack of emotion in amina's words didn't go unnoticed by kiaan, but he knew better than to press it any further. they all had their secrets, tidbits of their lives that they felt shameful of or burdened by, and he was certainly no different in that regard.

"so you find me charming?" kiaan teased, well aware that that was not what she meant in the slightest. if it took getting a disciplinary kick to the shin for her to crack a smile again, then so be it.

he let the silence settle over them for a couple seconds as he mulled over his answer to her question. "i think it went okay. i only spent a couple weeks at home this time. the kids are all grown and doing their own things now, so i don't really have a reason to go back anymore." a hint of loneliness tainted that last statement, though he didn't let the lazy smile leave his lips. he always considered slipping a letter or something similar under their door whenever he'd gone back to visit, but ultimately decided against it every time. he abandoned them, and they hated him for it. no use pretending like that wasn't his reality.

the all-too-familiar sound of something deep emerging from below them caught kiaan's attention, prompting him to slip a protective arm around amina's shoulders as he gripped the railing behind him. within seconds, the ship tilted along its length and the kraken that protected mythos gazed upon all the students with a curious eye. kiaan let out a celebratory holler to add to the cacophony of cheers, screams, and laughter as one of the kraken's tentacles gave him a high five and some semblance of a side hug. before they knew it, however, the spectacle was over and the ship was righted once again, leaving them with nothing but the welcoming view of the campus banners as they pulled into leon bay.

"honestly couldn't have waited any longer to be back here," kiaan admitted, dropping his arm from amina's shoulders and shooting her a grin. "apologies in advance for another year of putting up with me!"

and with that, the son of nirriti was off, racing towards the crowds with a renewed vigor as several of his classmates welcomed him home with bear hugs and slaps on the back. this was where he belonged; that much he knew for sure.

son of nirriti

kiaan.

♡coded by uxie♡

Mylo Garrick
surprised — Leon beach— outfit — interactions: Fletcher/Ikenna erzulie erzulie cablebelly cablebelly
Fletcher was talking about Peter Pan while the two men who had an affinity for breaking rules were watching the waves lap at the edge of the magical island they called home. And so Mylo was thinking about lost children.

He glanced over at Fletcher again, who was lounging lazily with his mouth curved slightly in a serene smile. If Mylo were a biologist, he might be amazed. Fletcher didn’t seem to need the sun; the man created his own energy, and his rays shone outward for everyone else to soak up. Mylo squinted. Fletcher was talking about fairies, and it struck Mylo that the demigod seemed to toss his words like frisbees— light as air and soft when they landed. It was hard to do any damage when all it took was a flick of a tongue to let the words fly. Maybe that’s why he never said anything too heavy.

But then Fletcher Theatre went up in flames, and the fire alarm punished Mylo’s ears as it rang sharply in a cruel shriek. The lights went up, exposing him as they caught him by surprise. He shot up as though a shower of ice cold water had started raining from the ceiling. He staggered as he righted himself, nearly choking on his cigarette and twisting his ankle in the process.

He turned and spotted Ikenna, who was standing with his arms crossed, a relaxed smirk balanced on his lips as though they were comfortable in their natural pose. The man was a volcano disguised as a glacier— cool and sculpted while hard, molten words churned behind icy teeth. Ikenna’s fists, Mylo knew, were like rocks, and no one was safe from their blows should there be an eruption.

Mylo had steadied himself now that he was on his feet, and his muscles tensed as the words hit him. Ikenna had a habit of flicking gasoline at Mylo just to see how long it would take to bring him to a blaze. Since there was always a lighter in his pocket, it was no surprise that it worked every time. But something like this shouldn’t bother him. It was just a joke.

Ikenna was judging him. And although Mylo was innocent, he still felt guilty.

He tossed what was left of his cigarette in the sand and set his jaw, glaring at Ikenna. The breeze was pushing against his face as though it were fanning the flames that had begun to heat his blood so that it simmered beneath his skin. Maybe it shouldn't have been this easy to set him off, but he was already in a bad mood, and Ikenna had caught him on the ground.

Mylo steeled himself and was about to make a move forward when Fletcher spoke. He froze as his head whipped around, and the whiplash from Fletcher’s words was greater than that from his neck. For a sickening second, he thought he was going to have to fight Fletcher as well. In moments such as these, Mylo had learned to assume that everyone was against him, and the notion of allies was thrown away by the threat of enemies.

But it was Ikenna that Fletcher was talking to, and after a quick salute in true Fletcher fashion, he made the insane move to race directly toward the newcomer. Mylo watched, horrified, but what should’ve been a shower of blood instead appeared as a storm of sand. As soon as Mylo realized what Fletcher was doing, the demigod was gone, leaving nothing but an Ikenna-shaped sand castle and a pile of pretend dog shit in his wake.

Mylo grinned.

Fucking Fletcher. Nice.

Ah, no, he laughed, clapping a few times in a slow, mocking rhythm. He nodded his head in a gesture to the plastic poop pile. “Hey, man, looks like you, uh, dropped something there. Guess that scared you pretty bad. Better wipe it up before you step in it.”

Eat shit.

Despite how delighted he was, he knew that this was bound to catch up to Fletcher one way or another. Ikenna wasn’t one to laugh things off, and it was obvious that the son of Hermes was now branded with a big bright target on his back. Mylo would have to keep an eye on both of them. If he couldn’t wipe off Fletcher’s mark, he could at least draw Ikenna’s gaze elsewhere for as long as possible.

A quick scan of the beach proved that the two legacies were alone. Mylo’s sword caught his gaze from where it was lying half obscured in the sand like a snake peeking out from its hole. He didn’t know why he had brought it with him in the first place. He never touched it unless he needed to. In fact, he rarely ever carried weapons on him at all, besides when he was on missions. Not even when he was a kid in L.A. who might’ve benefitted from a little extra protection for when he was throwing himself into other people’s fists. He’d thought about it plenty of times. He even knew that it would be a good idea. But he didn’t seem to be too worried about protection.

Mylo shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, and he let the sword lie.

He was just getting reacquainted with the weapon, now that the school year was starting up. He fixed his eyes back on Ikenna. Today was all about getting reacquainted.

“Great to see you, Ikenna. Although, I’m a little surprised you’re here,” he said, raising his voice as he addressed the other man sarcastically. He pulled one hand from his pocket and pointed lazily at the little gift Fletcher had left behind. A smirk pulled on the side of his mouth. “I thought only trained pets were allowed on the ship.”

Mylo Garrick
mood: surprised
outfit
interactions: Fletcher/Ikenna
tags: erzulie erzulie cablebelly cablebelly

Fletcher was talking about Peter Pan while the two men who had an affinity for breaking rules were watching the waves lap at the edge of the magical island they called home. And so Mylo was thinking about lost children.

He glanced over at Fletcher again, who was lounging lazily with his mouth curved slightly in a serene smile. If Mylo were a biologist, he might be amazed. Fletcher didn’t seem to need the sun; the man created his own energy, and his rays shone outward for everyone else to soak up. Mylo squinted. Fletcher was talking about fairies, and it struck Mylo that the demigod seemed to toss his words like frisbees— light as air and soft when they landed. It was hard to do any damage when all it took was a flick of a tongue to let the words fly. Maybe that’s why he never said anything too heavy.

But then Fletcher Theatre went up in flames, and the fire alarm punished Mylo’s ears as it rang sharply in a cruel shriek. The lights went up, exposing him as they caught him by surprise. He shot up as though a shower of ice cold water had started raining from the ceiling. He staggered as he righted himself, nearly choking on his cigarette and twisting his ankle in the process.

He turned and spotted Ikenna, who was standing with his arms crossed, a relaxed smirk balanced on his lips as though they were comfortable in their natural pose. The man was a volcano disguised as a glacier— cool and sculpted while hard, molten words churned behind icy teeth. Ikenna’s fists, Mylo knew, were like rocks, and no one was safe from their blows should there be an eruption.

Mylo had steadied himself now that he was on his feet, and his muscles tensed as the words hit him. Ikenna had a habit of flicking gasoline at Mylo just to see how long it would take to bring him to a blaze. Since there was always a lighter in his pocket, it was no surprise that it worked every time. But something like this shouldn’t bother him. It was just a joke.

Ikenna was judging him. And although Mylo was innocent, he still felt guilty.

He tossed what was left of his cigarette in the sand and set his jaw, glaring at Ikenna. The breeze was pushing against his face as though it were fanning the flames that had begun to heat his blood so that it simmered beneath his skin. Maybe it shouldn't have been this easy to set him off, but he was already in a bad mood, and Ikenna had caught him on the ground.

Mylo steeled himself and was about to make a move forward when Fletcher spoke. He froze as his head whipped around, and the whiplash from Fletcher’s words was greater than that from his neck. For a sickening second, he thought he was going to have to fight Fletcher as well. In moments such as these, Mylo had learned to assume that everyone was against him, and the notion of allies was thrown away by the threat of enemies.

But it was Ikenna that Fletcher was talking to, and after a quick salute in true Fletcher fashion, he made the insane move to race directly toward the newcomer. Mylo watched, horrified, but what should’ve been a shower of blood instead appeared as a storm of sand. As soon as Mylo realized what Fletcher was doing, the demigod was gone, leaving nothing but an Ikenna-shaped sand castle and a pile of pretend dog shit in his wake.

Mylo grinned.

Fucking Fletcher. Nice.

Ah, no, he laughed, clapping a few times in a slow, mocking rhythm. He nodded his head in a gesture to the plastic poop pile. “Hey, man, looks like you, uh, dropped something there. Guess that scared you pretty bad. Better wipe it up before you step in it.”

Eat shit.

Despite how delighted he was, he knew that this was bound to catch up to Fletcher one way or another. Ikenna wasn’t one to laugh things off, and it was obvious that the son of Hermes was now branded with a big bright target on his back. Mylo would have to keep an eye on both of them. If he couldn’t wipe off Fletcher’s mark, he could at least draw Ikenna’s gaze elsewhere for as long as possible.

A quick scan of the beach proved that the two legacies were alone. Mylo’s sword caught his gaze from where it was lying half obscured in the sand like a snake peeking out from its hole. He didn’t know why he had brought it with him in the first place. He never touched it unless he needed to. In fact, he rarely ever carried weapons on him at all, besides when he was on missions. Not even when he was a kid in L.A. who might’ve benefitted from a little extra protection for when he was throwing himself into other people’s fists. He’d thought about it plenty of times. He even knew it would be a good idea. But he didn’t seem to be too worried about protection.

Mylo shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, and he let the sword lie.

He was just getting reacquainted with the weapon, now that the school year was starting up. He fixed his eyes back on Ikenna. Today was all about getting reacquainted.

“Great to see you, Ikenna. Although, I’m a little surprised you’re here,” he said, raising his voice as he addressed the other man sarcastically. He pulled one hand from his pocket and pointed lazily at the little gift Fletcher had left behind. A smirk pulled on the side of his mouth. “I thought only trained pets were allowed on the ship.”

INTERACTIONS:

erzulie erzulie cablebelly cablebelly RosateNena RosateNena
althea.
health

At least she understood what she was saying. Somewhat. Althea let out a sigh of semi-relief, thanking the heavens above for the fact that Alina wasn’t exactly the judgemental type--or so it seemed. Whatever was going on in that head was beyond Althea, but she didn’t have the energy to delve deep into the folds of her brain. Though the interaction was brief, with the quick exchange of words and constant running of gears in her head, she felt tired--drained. Anxiety ridden, yet excited for the prospects of seeing her best friends again, Althea stared back off onto the ocean--being appreciative that at the very least, the thing didn’t fucking sink. Not that it could have--an enchanted vessel, manned by the undead, harboring far too many people in one place--not one had she thought that fantasy could be a reality until recently.

Granted, any tale about the supernatural and beyond was often laced with false perceptions; many far from truth, embellished stories that catered to what was acceptable. Heroic figures, ghastly creatures with enough power in their ugly mug to stun most, damsels; she couldn’t help but laugh at the thought that she, for one, had become the pinnacle of what those stories entailed--much like the rest of the students at Mythos. That was, however, the only comfort she felt aside from the ongoing love from her friends--chosen family that she would never trade the world for. Eh, for the most part.

As much as she wanted to tuck away the selfish thoughts, they couldn’t help but linger back--almost stronger than before; it took most of her to shove it back, preventing impulses that could prevent her from being the projection of a better person. It took an army of her not to give into most of the shit going on in her head--from the slight influences of Ikenna, encouraging her to give in to most chaos, to the tugging urge that inherently came from her father. Althea was at war with most of herself, that of which she wasn’t quite fond of. She noticed her silence after Alina spoke, luckily for her, the time between then and the oncoming presence of a Kraken appeared.

Luckily? No, that thing was terrifying--as much as she was nice. If anything, as long as it didn’t touch Althea, all would be fine. Right?

Before she could think twice she felt slime, an appendage that wasn’t her own tapping on her shoulder. And while the gesture was appreciated, Althea couldn’t help but inwardly grimace at the feeling; it was a sensation she wasn’t accustomed to, nor was it a sensation she would like to experience again. The thought of allowing a giant kraken to greet her was disagreeable, though it could’ve been the potential bias she had against water creatures themselves; ironically so, her father being a serpentine god from the depths of the ocean.

It’s good to be back, right?

“Mhm. Yup--good to be back,” Althea forced a smile, speaking through heavily gritted teeth. Thankfully, the sensation was gone, much like the rest of the boat’s inhabitants. In the distance, a luckily familiar voice; Fletcher, excitedly and startlingly, comes to a halt--that of which Althea could’ve sworn she’d inhaled most of the dust that came off the ground. And in true, jolly Fletch fashion, she felt a tightly wound hug that had already passed the threshold of awkwardness. But Althea couldn’t help but feel the type of joy she hadn’t felt since she’d left Mythos for her mission; it was good to be back, if she could even say that--but it was better seeing them. Best friends, close confidants, friendly faces that were eons better than the undead variety.

Gifts? Shit. And they were better than the little trinkets she’d gotten him? Althea, step your game up. “I missed you, too. Thanks, I got you uh. Hold on,” Althea reached around one of her bags, sifting through stray pieces of candy wrappers, napkins, the random bobby pin that she swore she lost months ago. “Aha! Here. This, it’s a feng shui amulet bracelet,” she couldn’t help but stare back down at the blanket, a raised brow accompanied by questionable thoughts; there was one thing for certain, that she should’ve done better. “I know it’s not much but. It’s for good luck,” she nervously chewed at the skin of her lips as she quickly shoved it into his hands.

Before she knew it, without much protest, she felt his presence behind her. A common occurrence, but one enough to make her heart flutter without even trying. The vibration of his body against hers, obvious excitement pouring out of him like magma, Althea couldn't help but chuckle silently to herself; in return, her hand swiftly takes his--a subtle gesture, one that she hoped others wouldn't catch. “I- yeah. Surprise, I’m alive. We’re all in one piece. I think?” Her eyes scanned over the group of people, the first genuine smile she’s had since leaving Mythos tugging at the corners of her mouth. “Hey, thanks. It’s giving Roach Frank chic, right?” She held in a chuckle, hoping to god Leia got the reference; had she not, Althea would’ve had to move countries, dye her hair, maybe even change her name to Agatha if it came down to it. “I almost had a staring contest with an undead guy on the ship, if that tells you anything.”

code by valen t.

Last edited:
mood: happy/serene
mentions:
interactions:
althea , fletcher, leia
tags: miyabi miyabi , cablebelly cablebelly , RosateNena RosateNena
Alina Soleil
“the sunlight paints us gold.”

There was a short breeze when Fletcher suddenly appeared in front of Althea and herself. It was a welcome sensation on such a warm day. The sun was beautiful yet it’s rays were unforgiving with their heat. She was all too eager to return Fletcher’s embrace. It was then that she remembered how much she had missed him. Though the two of them had been mailing each other throughout their two month break it was so much different than being in each other’s presence. Alina couldn’t keep the smile off of her face as she watched him.

Curiously, she watched him reach into his bag. A rush of affection washed over him when he pulled out what she assumed was gifts. Alina’s eyes did that thing they did whenever Fletcher did something precious in her eyes. Her facial expression was notably soft. Gently, she tugged him out from behind Althea without breaking their intertwined hands. “Fletcher, I love it. And I’m proud of you.” With their height difference Alina was forced to stand on her toes to ruffle his wild curls. She was happy to see that he had made progress over the summer. Alina remembered how much he had struggled in the beginning when they were first paired up. With a hand still in his hair she gently brought his head close enough to place a kiss on his forehead. After a moment she released him and took a step back.

“I feel bad now, I didn’t bring you anything.” Alina slid a section of her hair back as she slipped the hair clip into place. She could see herself wearing it in her day to day life. “How was your summer? Did you enjoy working at Timeless Tempos?” Before she had left she had hooked Fletcher up with a summer job at a music store in Fortis. The owner was an upperclassman of hers who had already graduated.

There was a slight commotion as someone else joined them. She watched another familiar face join their little group. Alina was happy to see Fletcher the center of just positive attention, he really deserved it in her eyes. “Leia, thank you! It’s good to see you again. Sadly my summer wasn’t that exciting, I visited family and dealt with a monster problem. I bet your summer was a lot better than mine.”

º º code by ditto º º

amina diao.

Amina kept her gaze fixated on Kiaan's, his obvious loneliness not slipping past her. She understands exactly what he's going through-- the lack of a genuine family to go home to. Despite years of managing life on her own, she, too, still feels lonely. Had she not been so stuck-up and constantly avoiding social interactions, perhaps she could have made a family for herself at Mythos. Her fatal flaw is that she forced herself to behave this way-- a protective measurement she used towards a family who practically hated her.

"I think you're better off here anyway," Amina spoke softly, hoping that Kiaan would understand that she was attempting to comfort him. It's not exactly her forte, but she's still willing to try. The two don't typically discuss serious manners, and Kiaan always tries to present himself as a good-humored guy that isn't phased by anything, so she wouldn't be surprised if he brushed past it.

Just as she was about to change subjects, Amina heard the all-too-familiar sound of the Kraken rising from the waters below. She felt Kiaan wrap an arm around her, and she was grateful for the protection. Had the experience been anything like last year, she would have spilled her drink all over herself and the counter in the bar below. As the ship began to tilt, Amina found herself too distracted by Kiaan's hollering to notice the tentacle slipping around the both of them in what was probably a hug.

Once the ship was in an upright position again, the arm placed around her had disappeared. "Ah, you really do owe me for it," she joked as she watched Kiaan run off.

Wrapping her arms around herself, Amina began to make her way off the ship and towards the dorms. Familiar faces came into sight, but she couldn't bring herself to greet them just yet. She couldn't, however, help but grimace at the sight of Mylo. His presence alone made her pick up her pace.
•tags: sox sox Maverick. Maverick. • interactions: Kiaan, Mylo (Mentioned) • outfit: x

As Oshea’s hand snuck around her shoulder, her brow raised slightly. The scent of his honeydew cigarette finally hit her nose and despite her being slightly impressed by his boldness to just throw an arm over her, the familiar aura of his presence had her hold her tongue just for now. Yes, perhaps it was true she’d missed him. It was hard not to feel an absence when you lived with someone so closely for the past two years. Wasted or buzzed, his cocky energy was still something she enjoyed scoffing at, publicly or privately. It was a long jump from the wide eyed freshman she once knew.

Nina rolled her eyes, continuing to match the teasing energy. “You can keep the change, Oceano. You’ll blow through it quick enough.” She wasn’t the largest fan of his second hand smoke, but she had other things to comment on. “What else are you supposed to ask the moment you step on the Dutchman, hm? Besides, Leia actually did something interesting. Invasive plant research. Meanwhile we lazed on the beach. I think we’re the unoriginal ones.” It was a self jab just as much as it was one at Oshea, but she continued to trade appreciative glances with Leia as she addressed them both.

At his comment on their outfits, Nina found her gaze falling down to her own clothing. It was very true that Oshea and Antonina had extremely different styles. Today she sported a delicate vintage blouse and a pair of high jeans, which could not be more opposite than Shea’s hypebeast style as she’d learned it was called. “The brown does look good on you Leia.” Nina offered, meanwhile, her lip quirked at Shea. “Though I’m not sure how to feel about your pants. They’re… puffy.” They would almost certainly never match at this rate. “You can have him, Leia. Since all he cares about is coin and matching colors, the role is yours.”

Then, Shea offered an outstretched hand, cigarette attached. Nina’s lips pursed at this action. For some reason, Nina could not see the honeydew bud in any other hand than his, especially since she viewed Leia as rather innocent, mostly due to the girl being younger than herself. “Oh, Leia, don’t --” The young girl exploded into coughs, and a hand flew to Nina’s mouth, trying to stifle the immediate grin that exploded on her lips. “Entertain him.” She finished her sentence quietly as Leia regained her breath. She could no longer stifle the laugh that escaped her, though it did come with a quick jab of her elbow to Shea’s ribs.

By now, the appearance of the Kraken was no surprise to the senior, and Nina steadied herself without much trouble, leaning on Shea just the slightest as the ship tilted to the side. The tentacles of the kraken appeared, and Nina watched with a gentle smile as Leia petted the creature. She didn’t seem too bothered by her honeydew mishap, and Nina found herself further impressed by the girl’s presence.

They said a polite goodbye and Leia went bounding off to meet her friends. She caught a glimpse of the son of Hermes that she seemed to rush to, but Fletcher seemed too preoccupied to meet her gaze. Now that the ship had docked, Nina looked back to Shea, crossing her arms.

“Unoriginal, I suppose, but the rest of your summer was good? I hope you said goodbye to your mother from me and my family.” As she spoke, she took a moment to look over the railing one more time, trying to bookmark the feeling of the last time she would ever dock for her first day at Mythos. The sea sparkled, and she found herself for a second overwhelmed with a wave of emotions she couldn’t name individually, but together, it felt like a tsunami. They rose in her throat, and just as quickly as they came, dissipated.

She hadn’t seen any visions yet. She’d touched Leia and Shea, but nothing had come. The silence was almost unnerving. The crowded happiness of the dock was almost overwhelming. Nina couldn’t spot any face directly in front of her that begged her attention or any more cordial small talk, so she deemed it a perfect time to disappear.

“Come on,” With a more mischievous smile than she normally sported, Nina slipped away from his grasp and began to dodge and weave through the crowd with a surprising amount of elegance. Better keep up. She moved gracefully, despite the hardness in her face and words at times. Soon enough, the mess of the dock was behind them, and she instead began to walk along the edge of the water, taking off her shoes one at a time as she slowed, holding her flats in her hands and taking a reviving breath of sea air.

Even after he caught up, she stayed quiet a little longer, trying to envelop the sounds of the ocean. “It’s good to be back, right?” It was strange to phrase something that should have been a statement as a question, but it almost felt like something she was asking herself and not him. Still, Nina looked right at Oshea as she voiced the question, seeking some sort of confirmation. Someone to tell her that yes, it was good to be back, enjoy yourself, let loose. Oshea usually didn’t have any problem telling her to do the latter.

Her attention was pulled farther down the shore, and she realized she could make out two familiar forms. Despite Ikenna’s hulking presence, she noticed Mylo first. Nina had come to care for the younger boy quite a bit, with their partnership in the Gladiators and their frequent training sessions. She’d deeply enjoyed the chance to get to spar with him, but equally so, get to know him. What she didn’t enjoy was watching him handle the world like a barking beast, and had done her best to remedy it in any way she could, but right now, just from his posture, she felt as if there was a fight brewing in his stance. Nina had sparred with him long enough to recognize it.

She moved a bit closer to them, and nudged Shea. Their little trio had surprised her at first, but they seemed to have a strange energy that worked for all three of them. Mylo and Ikenna alone, though, always looked like a recipe for trouble to her. “Seems like your dogs are fighting.” Want to do something about it?

daughter of janus

nina

♡coded by uxie♡

Fletcher knew he was the king of overwhelming people. Fast talking, fast moving, full of never ending energy and bouncing off the walls all the time. Honestly, he'd always been like this. Even before his godly parent had slapped him with the most fitting power to his personality of all time, Fletcher had never been able to sit still. His mom didn't really have the time or energy to do anything about it, and it had taken him a long time to even realize it was something of a problem. Of course, teachers in school despised him, kids usually couldn't handle sitting next to him, but Fletcher had been mostly oblivious. He was just an eager beaver, as his mom used to say. Wanting to see it all, soak it all up, gush over everybody. It started to get him into trouble as he got older, and especially as his penchant for thievery grew. One loud mouthed comment from the other, never with bad intentions but often taken the wrong way, usually ended him up in bad places. His life was like a giant snowball, getting bigger and bigger with each wild spin down the mountain. When he was gonna splat? Only time would tell.

Point was, he was usually on the dispensing end of affection and all manners of excited energy. Which was why he became a little stunned to silence as a crowd of friends surrounded him. Yes, he had run straight into them, showered them in gifts and hugged them to death. Yes, he figured they were probably going to be a little happy to see him again, especially since he'd sweetened the deal. And yes, he was running on a solid amount of adrenaline after mustering up the guts to probably seal his fate with Ikenna. But all of it seemed to bleed away as Althea and Alina hugged him back.

There was a bracelet in his hand. His lips pursed as he looked at it, the intricate inlay and the little animal figurines gleaming back up at him in the warm August sun. Fletcher had gotten his paws on a lot of shiny things in his short lifetime, but for some reason, this one felt very special in his hands. "Woah," He mumbled, voice considerably more quiet than normal. Instantly, he slipped it on, and flashed her a beaming smile, eyes sparkling. "Thanks. God knows I'm always in need of some good luck." His incessant buzzing had dimmed considerably, but came to almost a full halt when her hand found his. It was just a light touch, but one that had proved to be incredibly steadying. With genuine appreciation in his eyes, he gave Althea a slight nod, thanking her without words for the help.

He could see as tension in her shoulders began to unwind. Althea held herself in such a way that Fletcher had slowly grown accustomed to; like the world was against her. He saw it often in the people at Mythos. He'd probably had his far share sagged shoulders, but the people around them, around her now, were quite frankly the best thing that had ever happened to him, and he was glad to see it was true for her too. He just wanted them all to be happy.

Speaking of happiness. With a little noise of surprise he was tugged out from behind his Althea-shield, and into the glow of Alina. The noise melted into an appreciative chuckle as his hair was ruffled. "I-it's nothing. And I figured you'd like it, since it fit your whole sunshine vibe y'know, and --" Truthfully, he was just talking to fill up space and ignore the threat of his heart to pound out of his chest, but when the kiss landed atop his forehead, Fletcher became quiet once more. A deep blush overtook his features, painting him a shade of red not normally visible on a human being, and he stood still in place, head spinning a million miles a minute but for once, too fast enough to allow any words to come out.

It took a couple moments for his brain to finally cool down enough to make his mouth move. “You don’t… need to bring me anything. I’m good.” He managed, as the next question of his summer job allowed him to get his thoughts going a little bit more. Timeless Tempos had been the best job he’d ever had. He hadn’t worked that much in his life, since stealing usually paid the bills, so he was at first a bit hesitant to accept a job that required you to show up on time, clock in and clock out, and actually be personable to customers. In actuality, Fletcher had absolutely loved it. The people that came into the shop were always interesting and talkative and had cool stories to tell. He loved dicking around on all the instruments in his spare time, and as his musical knowledge grew, so did his customer service skills. Which were actually kind of nice to have, and he’d sort of learned to tame his loud mouth a little more through it too.

It had taken him much longer than normal to assemble a solid answer, and in that time, another figure had jumped up behind him and ruffled his hair once more. He recognized Leia’s voice immediately, and found control over his limbs enough again to hug her back, grinning wildly. “Leia, hey! I-I think you got it wrong, you’re the one stuck with me.” Even though he’d managed to steady his voice, the bright redness had not yet left his cheeks, and as Leia slung an arm around him, he looked to the three women with a certain softness in his eyes that wasn’t usually present in his hyper visage.

He felt very loved.

A small hum emanated from Fletcher as he listened to Leia greet the rest of the group. He rolled his eyes playfully at Alina, shooting her a smirk, while his eyes also glinted up to catch the way her hair rested in the new clip. It looked good. “All you guys talk about monster hunting like it’s your day job and it ain’t cool. It’s cool. It always will be.” His voice lacked the normally jumpy edge that it often carried, as he always seemed to talk like he was going to run out of breath. Now, Fletcher had air as he enjoyed the return of his friends, and his posture seemed considerably at ease. “Timeless Tempos rocked. Seriously, Alina, it was the best, I don’t know what I would’ve done if you hadn’t set that up for me.”

Fletcher glanced down and realized the very tips of his fingers were still stuck in Althea’s. He’d gotten so lost he hadn’t even noticed, and despite the new ease in his form, his cheeks were still bright. “You woulda won the staring contest, Frank.” He told her with a small shrug, and then glanced back at Leia. “I, uh, I tried my best to clean up the dorm. It was definitely Fletcher’s Man Cave this summer, but uh, I think I erased the evidence. Oh, ah! Gifts, I have your gifts, I bought these…”

He had to wiggle out of both Leia and Althea’s touches to reach over his shoulder for his sack bag once again, pulling out the little seed packet and seedling bookmarks, handing them to Leia. “I don’t know what that grows but I figured it’d be fun to watch you figure it out?” Truthfully nothing enraptured him more than watching Leia work with plants, and he was sort of eager to have a front row seat for the rest of the year. Maybe his dad was making up for the last eighteen years by showering him in every good and awesome and amazing.

He cleared his throat a bit. “So yeah, whenever you’re ready to head there, we can speed on over?” Haha. Jokes. Fletcher held his wrist out and admired the new bracelet that adorned it, and then looked up at Althea. “Is this waterproof? I don’t wanna mess it up.”

son of hermes

fletch

♡coded by uxie♡

status

excited

the dock

interactions

outfit

EZRA VELLUCCI

son of enyo

After the young man introduced himself as Mazoku, the conversation went on for a whole while. Ezra even enjoyed the presence of the first year, much more than he expected. As they shared some information about mythos, the island of the campus became more visible with bare eyesight. He could already recognize its distinct scent. The islands' fresh grass, a sweetness coming from the honey the bees made and the usual salt breeze he knew from his hometown. It thrilled him to be back, in a way he couldn’t explain, almost as if for once he was ready for the training, the missions, the fights to be fought. But in the end there’s always something no one could ever prepare them for.
As the ship arrived at the dock, the students rushed to the exits full of excitement and maybe a bit of panic. Ezra was calm though, he picked up his bags and pulled his backpack on his broad shoulders and got up from the bench. His long legs were lean but they grew more muscles over the summer, just like his arms. While walking down the platform, he heard her.

"EZRA!"
He looked up and saw her approaching in a fast run, if she wouldn’t get slower he’d get- "Ugh" - ...tackled.
Just a moment ago she was greeting another person, in the blink of an eye she was there to jump him. Philomena’s body clung onto his and he stumbled back, grabbing her waist instinctively to secure her. The demigoddesses sudden jump-hug was a welcome surprise. Her dark strains of the ponytail swung through the wind. They weren’t a couple, but they sure seemed like one.
"You scared me a bit," he exhaled and set her back on the wooden planks of the dock - slowly. He couldn’t help but notice a lone butterfly roam through his stomach at the touch of her hands on his shoulders.
"I missed you! It was so boring!"
"It’s good to see you! You should tell me all about your summer." He really wanted to know. Even though they texted a bunch, they didn't share their summer activities much, he knew she stayed to train more. I hope she still had fun, he thought. Ezra smiled and looked through the crowd once more, spotting Fletchers messy head in the bunch. He seemed busy greeting others but it made Ezra incredibly happy to see him. For a second, he felt complete, as if everything had its right place right here.

nine lives

mood: aggressive, annoyed
mentions:
interactions:
mylo
tags: Maverick. Maverick. , cablebelly cablebelly
Ikenna Okafor

It had all happened too fast for him to properly react. Ikenna had gone from greeting Mylo to being turned into a human sandcastle in what seemed like a second. He was still while he tried to process what had happened and when his brain finally caught up he could feel that all too familiar feeling beginning to stir within him. Ikenna pushed at the sand and it collapsed as if in a hurry to get away from him. He freed himself just in time to hear Mylo. Ikenna cut his eyes at the fellow legacy before looking down at the little “gift” that had been left for him. It took nothing to crush the toy beneath his foot.

For a moment Ikenna ignored Mylo in favor of searching for Fletcher but he gave up pretty quick. He knew that the demigod would be long gone by now, he had a habit of using his power to get as far away from him as he could. That was completely fine though, there were other ways of catching rats. Ikenna was particularly fond of the traditional traps himself, a quick snap to the neck for efficiency. But then again he was never one to have things end quickly. It was delicious when they suffered.

That thought brought a genuine smile to his face. Ikenna was nothing, if not patient. They had the entire school year ahead of them after all. But for now, Ikenna turned his attention to Mylo, he would have to do. The laugh he let out was clearly fake and his grin was nothing short of malicious as he stalked towards his roommate. “You sound a little jealous there. Sad that you don’t have a family to go back to every break? Did you have fun spending time with another waste of space this time around?” Once he was close enough Ikenna grabbed his shirt. He wondered if little Fletcher was seeing this. Ikenna knew he’d probably feel bad for Mylo and that made his grin more mocking.

Being the observant person that he was, Ikenna had seen Mylo glance at his sword. He raised a brow and looked to it and then back at its owner, as if daring him to pick it up. “What? Am I scaring you? Go ahead and pick it up. Did you actually improve this summer? Or are you just as weak as before I left.” Ikenna looked him up and down before shoving him roughly. He needed to relieve this aggression someway and as usual, Mylo made the perfect punching bag.
º º code by ditto º º

Mylo Garrick
enraged — Leon beach— outfit — interactions: Ikenna erzulie erzulie
Maybe Mylo never got what he wanted, but he always got what he asked for.

He’d spent his life praying for storms, begging to be struck by lightning if it meant that he could test his own voice against the thunder. His matchstick bones would light at even the slightest movement, and he’d burn the bridges that might’ve been his only chance at shelter. And even when the rain would beat down on him, he’d close his eyes and bow his head as though such a baptism might allow his own blood to run clean and clear with water blessed by gods.

And yet, he never learned. Such storms were rarely holy, and all the rain ever brought was mud. A baptism of dirt looked a lot like a burial, and his blood only ran thicker and heavier as the filth filled in his bruises. He believed that punishment was the same as atonement, and while he didn’t believe in justice, he knew well enough what he did and didn’t deserve.

So when Ikenna smiled, Mylo almost returned it.

“Sad that you don’t have a family to go back to every break?”

All at once, Mylo could hear the torrent of blood roar in his ears, and a summer of near drought was about to be broken by a flood. Some people said that you could tell how many miles away lightning was by counting the seconds between the thunder and the flash.

He was sure it wouldn’t be long now. The strike was imminent.

The worst part was that Ikenna was wrong. Mylo did have a family back home. He kept Los Angeles in the smallest box in the darkest corner of his packed closet. He’d like to think it was full of ashes. But the box was a chest, not a coffin, and he couldn’t pretend that the heart inside wouldn’t beat and bleed if he held it in his hands.

Family was flesh and blood. Sometimes a reunion meant a massacre.

Ikenna only grew larger as he approached, and their six inch height difference (Mylo knew, he had counted) made him loom over his opponent like the Mavericks waves in California. Mylo might as well be at the bottom of the ocean.

He knew that, in the grand scheme of things, being a man wasn’t hard. He wasn’t ignorant enough to pretend that it was. But being a man in the presence of other men felt like a race. He knew the system and the tallies. Ultimately, it all seemed to come down to one score. They’d flex their stats and trade their names for numbers. They all swam laps around him. Mylo couldn’t figure why he always felt like he had to tread water around men who seemed to have no problem touching the ground. All he had to do was stand tall. Like his father, like his grandfather. He’d spit salt water and say he was right there with them. Like he hadn’t fallen behind two decades ago. The pressure only built the farther you went down. He’d decided long ago that if he had to swim with the sharks, he’d grow a second row of teeth. He’d kick and claw and pretend he had plenty of breath to waste, just like the rest of them.

The water’s fine.

So when Ikenna grabbed hold of him, he knew that the other man meant to dunk his head under.

“What? Am I scaring you? Go ahead and pick it up. Did you actually improve this summer? Or are you just as weak as before I left?”

Mylo had known Ikenna for a year. They were both grandsons of war, and while the the two were different pieces of work, they were carved by the same blade. Maybe Mylo had come out a little more rough, a little less polished. Ikenna was raised as a prince. Mylo had been sculpted with cheaper clay, and when the two were heated to the same temperature to harden, the legacy of Ares always cracked first. He knew that Ikenna only grew stronger from strife, but he couldn’t help himself. He couldn’t stop.

And so when Ikenna shoved him back, Mylo held his ground. He’d been in enough fights to know where the switch was, and a solid hit to the hinge of the jaw meant lights-out for most guys. Ikenna wasn't like most guys, but it didn’t matter to Mylo. He wasn’t always the first one to a fight, but one could bet he’d be the last one to leave. The odds weren’t good, but he was a gambler and teeth were his currency— he’d take what he could get.

Mylo put the weight of his entire body behind his fist as he swung at Ikenna’s chin, and when it connected, his knuckles crackled like they were made of electricity. Much later, though, once the storm passed, they’d freeze up cold and blue like he’d left them out in the pouring rain.

Mylo Garrick
mood: enraged
outfit
interactions: Ikenna
tags: erzulie erzulie

Maybe Mylo never got what he wanted, but he always got what he asked for.

He’d spent his life praying for storms, begging to be struck by lightning if it meant that he could test his own voice against the thunder. His matchstick bones would light at even the slightest movement, and he’d burn the bridges that might’ve been his only chance at shelter. And even when the rain would beat down on him, he’d close his eyes and bow his head as though such a baptism might allow his own blood to run clean and clear with water blessed by gods.

And yet, he never learned. Such storms were rarely holy, and all the rain ever brought was mud. A baptism of dirt looked a lot like a burial, and his blood only ran thicker and heavier as the filth filled in his bruises. He believed that punishment was the same as atonement, and while he didn’t believe in justice, he knew well enough what he did and didn’t deserve.

So when Ikenna smiled, Mylo almost returned it.

“Sad that you don’t have a family to go back to every break?”

All at once, Mylo could hear the torrent of blood roar in his ears, and a summer of near drought was about to be broken by a flood. Some people said that you could tell how many miles away lightning was by counting the seconds between the thunder and the flash.

He was sure it wouldn’t be long now. The strike was imminent.

The worst part was that Ikenna was wrong. Mylo did have a family back home. He kept Los Angeles in the smallest box in the darkest corner of his packed closet. He’d like to think it was full of ashes. But the box was a chest, not a coffin, and he couldn’t pretend that the heart inside wouldn’t beat and bleed if he held it in his hands.

Family was flesh and blood. Sometimes a reunion meant a massacre.

Ikenna only grew larger as he approached, and their six inch height difference (Mylo knew, he had counted) made him loom over his opponent like the Mavericks waves in California. Mylo might as well be at the bottom of the ocean.

He knew that, in the grand scheme of things, being a man wasn’t hard. He wasn’t ignorant enough to pretend that it was. But being a man in the presence of other men felt like a race. He knew the system and the tallies. Ultimately, it all seemed to come down to one score. They’d flex their stats and trade their names for numbers. They all swam laps around him. Mylo couldn’t figure why he always felt like he had to tread water around men who seemed to have no problem touching the ground. All he had to do was stand tall. Like his father, like his grandfather. He’d spit salt water and say he was right there with them. Like he hadn’t fallen behind two decades ago. The pressure only built the farther you went down. He’d decided long ago that if he had to swim with the sharks, he’d grow a second row of teeth. He’d kick and claw and pretend he had plenty of breath to waste, just like the rest of them.

The water’s fine.

So when Ikenna grabbed hold of him, he knew that the other man meant to dunk his head under.

“What? Am I scaring you? Go ahead and pick it up. Did you actually improve this summer? Or are you just as weak as before I left?”

Mylo had known Ikenna for a year. They were both grandsons of war, and while the the two were different pieces of work, they were carved by the same blade. Maybe Mylo had come out a little more rough, a little less polished. Ikenna was raised as a prince. Mylo had been sculpted with cheaper clay, and when the two were heated to the same temperature to harden, the legacy of Ares always cracked first. He knew that Ikenna only grew stronger from strife, but he couldn’t help himself. He couldn’t stop.

And so when Ikenna shoved him back, Mylo held his ground. He’d been in enough fights to know where the switch was, and a solid hit to the hinge of the jaw meant lights-out for most guys. Ikenna wasn't like most guys, but it didn’t matter to Mylo. He wasn’t always the first one to a fight, but one could bet he’d be the last one to leave. The odds weren’t good, but he was a gambler and teeth were his currency— he’d take what he could get.

Mylo put the weight of his entire body behind his fist as he swung at Ikenna’s chin, and when it connected, his knuckles crackled like they were made of electricity. Much later, though, once the storm passed, they’d freeze up cold and blue like he’d left them out in the pouring rain.

scroll !
mood
the boys are fightinggg!

outfit
here

tags
here
IKENNA & MYLO

Even though Ikenna saw the strike coming he made no move to dodge it. He could feel Mylo’s anger wash over him as he stumbled back a few steps. It was far too easy to rile him up, he didn’t think that he’d ever get tired of it honestly. He could count on Mylo to be a steady source of energy and for that Ikenna kept him around. He enjoyed the fact that Mylo was always down to fight with him, whereas others would be quick to scurry away or back down from the challenge he presented.

Ikenna shook his head and as he stood to his full height he held all the similarities of a beast about to strike. He moved fast, faster than one would think possible with someone of his stature. His fist came down heavy, his goal right at Mylo’s nose.

The blow lit up Mylo’s face like a firework, and he could feel his nose crack as a shower of sparks bloomed before his eyes. The explosion sent him reeling, and he struggled to stay upright as his brain rattled around inside of his skull. For a few sickening moments, the world spun in full circles and the horizon melted so that the land and the sky twirled together like streamers in front of him.

But Mylo had been here before, and he’d trained his body to fight in his sleep. One could toss him in a washing machine, and he’d always know which way was up. He gulped air through his mouth as he waited for his consciousness to reach the surface. It only took a second, but from where he was teetering on the edge of reality and illusion, it felt to Mylo like an eternity.

Ikenna stood tall before him, nearly unfazed. It wasn’t exactly surprising, and deep down Mylo knew that it was only a matter of time before Ikenna would pound him into the ground. Ikenna was a machine, and this was what he was designed for.

But Mylo had survived the first blow, and to prove it, he grinned. A hot stream of blood was pouring down his chin, and his teeth were stained like red wine. It was intoxicating, and he had nearly forgotten how much he’d craved the taste.

Go for the throat.

Mylo aimed at Ikenna’s neck, and he let his fist fly.

The sight of blood was always welcomed in his eyes. Ikenna couldn’t help but think that Mylo looked better this way. There was something about that grin, coupled with the fire in his eyes and the crimson that decorated his front. Honestly he had never looked better than when they were like this. He really did bring out the best in the other legacy. Ikenna forced out his potential with fists like stones and words as sharp as any sword.

But, Ikenna grabbed his hand, as always there was room for improvement with Mylo. His moves were elegant, seamless as he brought Mylo forward and connected their heads painfully. Just as quickly he went in for another punch. Ikenna stepped closer with the intention of rushing Mylo with his size. This time he didn’t pull his strikes.

The collision of Mylo’s head against Ikenna’s might’ve been the loudest thing he’d ever heard if he thought he was going to remember it. It was like every voice that had ever screamed at him boomed all at once, and the cacophony soon boiled down into one ear-splitting roar. He recognized it well.

He swung helplessly, but the headbutt and the subsequent blows that followed struck him like a wrecking ball, and he crumbled under their weight. His ass hit the sand, and he laid flat on his back like every moment after he’d woken up had just been a dream.

He tried to remember what brought him here. There was blood in his mouth, a break in his nose, sand in his hair, and a pen in his pocket. Things were going poorly. For one quick second, Mylo thought it was almost funny. And then he recalled everything that Ikenna had said to him. A better man would’ve brushed it off and walked away.

Mylo looked up at Ikenna, and he spit all the blood in his mouth in the other man’s direction.

“Fuck you,” he snarled.

Ikenna shook his head again in an attempt to clear away the ache there. Around them he could hear people scattering to get away. He could feel eyes on him but at this moment they didn’t really matter. No when Mylo was at his feet, radiating pure, delicious malice. It was really a beautiful feeling, one that Ikenna soaked up like a sponge. Ikenna followed Mylo to the ground, intent on continuing until he was drained. He couldn’t help but feel satisfied with what he’d done.

Ikenna laughed at his words. He really did enjoy Mylo’s fire in a way that made him want to either fuel it or snuff it out. Right now he was leaning towards the latter. He didn’t feel too bad about it. Mylo had a way of bouncing back no matter what he did.
coded by reveriee

scroll

son of heimdallr

oshea.

mood

annoyed

outfit

location here

interactions

interactions here

tags

tags here

Pearly white canines were exposed when Leia returned Oshea’s chummy banter. His eyes followed the grace of her fingers as they enveloped the warm mess of paper and a good time, and guided the bud between the lips of the demigoddess. Oshea leaned over both fascinated and impressed with Leia rising to the occasion, eyes thinning down on her at the first inhale. There was an unfair stereotype about the fairer skinned girls where Shea had grown up- too true to be considered a stereotype, but too mean to be openly vocal about.

In that moment, Shea wondered with a foxy grin whether or not somebody as sheltered, and upright as her could truly hold down the poisons that he smoked. He made a couple dollars on the side selling the Philadelphia dope at Mythos, nothing near high quality, but enough for a real kick.

At the explosion of coughs and wheezes, Shea found himself far less composed than Antonina at his side. He was beaming with laughter and a newfound memory that he was sure to never forget. It took several huffs and puffs for him to regain his composure, little tears gathered at his eyes.

“I’m just glad that you tried it-”

Shea reeled to the side at Antonina’s playful jab, and found that as his sights returned to Leia, a giant shadow loomed over her too. He frowned at the pungent smell of the massive sea creature, flicking his hood up as a shower of water washed over the boat in the Kraken’s over-the-top arrival. He’d never quite liked the thing, how big, and stupidly impractical it was. Watchful eyes gazed upon Leia throughout her interaction with it. Antonina would have noticed his hold over her grow firmer, adjusting uncomfortably with its arrival.

He was glad when it had finally returned to its gloomy depths in the ocean. Shea chimed into the echoes of goodbyes, and see you later’s, though his sights were mostly set over where the tentacles had disappeared into the blue-green waters.

His eyes floated there for a long moment, yanked out of the trance only by the inviting “Come on,” of his friend. Shea quickly adjusted his side bag beneath an arm, balanced the cig between his lips, and jogged after the oddly energetic brunette. Antonina was lithe, graceful, and apologetic in the way she snaked through the crowd. Oshea was quite the opposite. Although nothing of a physically imposing brute, Shea had learned to shift his weight after years watching Ikenna. He pushed, shoved, and grinned sarcastically as people shouted annoyed excuses in his wake. That mischievous grin was ever present as he found his position behind Antonina who was staring longingly over the island.

“Getting soft on me?” Oshea grinned, but he too felt their time together dwindling to an end. In her tone it was as if she was yearning for some sort of confirmation to the statement, but the honest truth was that there was nothing good about being back if he’d never be back with her again. Shea stifled the thought and simply offered a chuckle in addition to his sure response. The sight of Mylo and Ikenna was bitter sweet. A much needed distraction, but a pending problem in its own right.

He felt that he sunk deeper into the sight at the sight of his friends, the remaining two thirds of their ragtag pack of wolves. Shea had missed both of his buds, though he could do without the constant bickering on the first day.

Both Mylo and Ikenna were descendants of gods’ of war, each from their own end of whatever godly spectrum existed. They clashed hard, and violently. There was always a glint in Ikenna’s eyes whenever they did, an abnormal lust for bloodshed and chaos. An addict of adversity. But Ikenna wasn’t a simple man. There was an intricacy to it, a method to the madness. He saw the same thing in Mylo that Shea did, potential trapped in the body of a wimp too scared to use it. At least that’s what Shea figured. Oshea couldn’t blame Mylo. He sympathized with him, he was the same as him. A demigod not cut out for the life- for the burden. Mylo took his outstretched arm for weakness like the little god of war prick that he was, but he’d tagged along just in case- long enough to form lasting bonds with the two of them. To become the link between rail cars speeding in the same direction.

“They’re just playing,” Oshea returned the tease, masking the concern in his voice. There was an eerie feeling then, like a western standstill when Ikenna had Mylo in his grip. Shea watched the boiling water rise within his friend, and overflow in that blow to the chin. Nothing good was to come out of this.

“Stay here, Nina,” Shea ordered like something out of a superhero movie. If the circumstances were any different he might have laughed at that line, and how corny it was. For now, he just wished the impossible that Antonina would remain where he’d left her. He knew the children- more like toddlers, of war.

Yggdrasil was on some sort of ill-timed vacation as Oshea trudged tiredly through the sand. His hands were balled in fists, focused dead on the space between his two friends to no avail. The Tree of Life refused, and Shea cursed it under his mutters. More and more eyes turned to the two as their fight was well under way. Gasps, and cries echoed from students around them, but it seemed that besides him and Antonina, nobody planned to get involved. All of them as ignorant and uninvolved as their godly parents, grandparents, Shea didn’t give a fuck. He weaved through the crevices of the small group of kids that settled to watch, angrily pushing, and shoving those meatheads to the side.

“Fuck you,” Mylo spat from his place on the side. He’d arrived at the front of the gathering circle there and then. To Antonina, Shea repeated his words of warning once more. He was serious. He placed his cigarette between her unwanting lips, and hung his side bag from her neck. Hopefully that got it into her head that she was not to gt involved. Finally, Oshea entered into the loose circle with sleeves rolled up.

In no sort of trained martial arts, Shea caught Ikenna by the chest and forced the man backwards with a shove. The only thing that was truly going for him was the element of surprise. “You scary ass fat boy.” Shea complained, evidently annoyed. His wrists throbbed after the push, but Ikenna’s shadow no longer stalked over Mylo’s body.

He looked down, arms over his knees, at Mylo.

Golden orbs inspected the extent of Mylo’s injuries. He was no doctor, but Shea was sure that all that blood was meant to be inside the body, rather than oozing from his lips and dried up in the sand. Mylo’s eyes teetering away from his gaze was more than enough to say that the other boy didn’t need- want, someone to watch over him. In some way, he felt that Shea’s advances were some sort of therapeutic special treatment. Perhaps the fact that he’d first pushed Ikenna, but looked over him said as much.

“You look a fucking mess. Fight’s over. Get up.” Shea decided that was the best way to go about things. He turned away uncaringly from Mylo’s unkempt figure then, plopping down into his own little burrow in the sand a little ways from him. Although nothing at face value, the sole of Shea’s sneakers brushed over Mylo’s pants. Close enough that Yggdrasil would teleport them both to safety if Ikenna were to make some other attempt at fighting.

“Fucking idiots, both of them,” Shea muttered again. He should’ve kept his fucking cigarette, he realized. Probably ought to offer some to these goons when things died down.

♡coded by uxie♡

“They’re just playing.”

A very simple set of words bubbled up on her tongue, but she managed to hold them back. Yeah, right. Antonina had grown up with two rowdy brothers, both much too equally matched to get in the amount of tussles that they did. Every fight was a play fight, and yet, she had torn apart so many of them that it never felt like a game, really. Her brothers were close, being twins definitely helping with that, but to her, play fights between brothers seemed to be real fights until they got too bruised or tired to keep it a real fight any longer.

In a way, Ikenna and Mylo seemed like brothers to her. Buddies one moment, enemies the next, always strangely stuck together, unable to ignore the attraction of their clashing personalities. And even deeper so, they were both sons of gods of war. The pantheons were strange in how they worked and how they coexisted. Nina still didn’t fully understand it, despite all the studying she tried to do on the subject. The godly library could only answer questions the gods wanted answered.

Shea ordered to stay put, and now Nina could definitely not stifle the scoff that came out of her. Without any sort of delay she set off after him, a little more nimble in the sand despite her new lack of shoes, which she’d tucked into her bag, but still allowed Shea to head into the thick of it first. It was not that she doubted her own ability to break up the fight; her staff was tucked safely away in her bag, and she had sort of longed for the opportunity to poke it in Ikenna’s face. The two were cordial considering their ties to Oshea, but she often felt like she was waiting for an opportunity to kick him in some direction that wasn’t the one he seemed to be bulldozing down. On the other hand, Nina felt rather confident that Mylo wouldn’t swing a fist her way when it was outside their sparring sessions.

She thought a few options through as she followed closely behind Oshea. The circle that surrounded the duel neared, just in time to catch the tail end of Mylo’s polite declaration. Her mouth tugged downward, her eyes narrowed at Ikenna, but before she could say or do anything, the order was repeated, and there was a cigarette in her mouth.

Despite living with Oshea for two years, there were some things that still continued to stun her. This was one of them. Nina was aware that he was trying to be heroic and chivalrous in this moment, and she had all but handed him the opportunity to go put out the fire that Ikenna and Mylo started. No one else had seemed to care to do it. But he had rendered her a coat hanger in the process, and this time the tidal wave of emotion that swirled in her gut felt a little less dire in its ways, instead, it felt a little comical. This time, she could name a few of the emotions. Shock, anger, bemusement. It was a very simple and stupid thing, so the amount it made her feel seemed almost annoying, and almost enough to completely forget why she was standing in the sand over two bloody boys.

Oshea shoved, Ikenna fell to the sand, and the side of her lip quirked up in a smirk. Alright. Maybe she’d forgive him. She usually did. With his attention turned away, Nina took a puff of the cigarette, rather expertly at that, allowing the honeydew scent to wash over her as the fight seemed to diffuse. She adjusted his bag to rest comfortably over her own, rather than tugging at her neck, and waited until Ikenna had been sufficiently dealt with. When Shea sat down, satisfied with the outcome, Nina unceremoniously allowed the cigarette to drop in the sand and move forward.

Kneeling beside Mylo, frowning deeply, Nina sighed. Her expression, though concerned, also held a bit of affection as she came to his eye level. “Oddio, Mylo. The ship docked five minutes ago.” While Shea might not have wanted to dote on the young man, Nina had no qualms about it, and a hand reached forward to hold his chin and examine the damage.

The moment her fingers made contact, her body became rigid. Frozen in time, both her eyes burst forward with a glow that, too close to Mylo, would hurt to look at. It wasn’t often that both her eyes went up in white. Only a powerful vision could render her a statue, and the vision didn’t seem to care that her fingers had only just barely grazed Mylo’s cheek with a tenderness that shouldn’t have allowed something so vivid to capture her.

Blood. Mylo wore it like it was meant to be outside the skin, a sickly veil of comfort that kept the world away. It wasn’t surprising to find him painted black and blue, but this time, it was red. Gushing, squelching, pulsing. Fresh. His flesh was marred, his eyes unfocused, skin clawed at. By what? Behind her, she could hear the breathing of a beast. Erratic, enthralled, excited by the sight of a prize it had won through rabid viciousness. She could feel the way it moved, one hulking paw after the other, but something about it was labored. Labored because in its teeth, it clutched the sagging, bleeding form of her friend. Paw after paw, it stalked away, breathing its hot breath into Mylo’s blood.

In these visions, Antonina could feel herself everywhere and nowhere at once. Viewing from every angle, from within every soul, from above and below. She could feel the beast’s heartbeat, thrilled and vivacious. She could feel Mylo’s. Slow, and struggling. There were people around, fellow students, maybe, but while she could see everything, she could only see everything of what the vision wanted to show. Their faces were blurred if she ever caught a glimpse, their voices muffled, the screams and shouts like polite protests in the distance. But she had every view of the beast, inch by inch, taking the limp grandson of Ares farther and farther into the dark.

Nina returned to her body with a strangled gasp. The glow dissipated. Her fingertips held just the slightest tinge of red from touching Mylo’s face, and her gaze fell to them as they shook. This blood on her hands felt like a droplet of rain compared to the storm she had just watched him bleed. Antonina was never one to wear her heart on her sleeve, her lips always pursed with the effort of holding something back. But now, there was only one emotion to keep close to her chest, and she had already lost the resolve to do so. Horror.

The air had been stolen from her, and her body, once tensed with effort and seized as if possessed, now grew slack as she stumbled and fell back into the sand. She had already kneeled beside the boy, so it wasn’t a great distance, but the strength in her limbs was gone as they refused to hold her up any longer. When she looked from her hands to Mylo’s face, all she could see was the lifelessness from her vision that seemed so unbefitting on a man who walked the world stoking never ending flames. Now, she could only see him extinguished.

Antonina could do nothing but stare at him, body shivering as if plunged in ice, mouth open and frozen as if she had something to tell him, but could not speak to save her life. His life.

daughter of janus

nina

♡coded by uxie♡

mood: mildly annoyed, chiller
mentions:
interactions:
mylo , oshea, antonia
tags: Maverick. Maverick. , fin fin , cablebelly cablebelly
Ikenna Okafor

Ikenna hasn’t even seen the blow coming. So when the strike to his chest connected he didn't have time to prepare for it. Ikenna was knocked onto his back and once again sand covered the parts of his body not protected by clothing. It was the shock that rendered him immobile for the most part. The thought of someone having the audacity to step in just as he was starting to enjoy himself. It didn’t take long for Ikenna to shoot up as if he was possessed. There was no mistaking that glint in his eyes. Pure malice seemed to ooze from him and those who hadn’t backed up before, gave him more space. Though he said nothing his eyes promised pain to whoever had decided to interrupt him.

When he looked in the direction of where he’d been fighting, took in the sight of Oshea sitting in the sand, he could feel some of that malice leaving him. Instead of getting to his feet and starting their fight from the top, Ikenna threw his head back and laughed. He should have known that it had been Oshea. Anyone else wouldn’t have been brave enough to come in between one of Mylo and his fights. Casually, as if he hadn't just been ready to rearrange Mylo’s face, he crossed his legs and sat back on his hands. “What the fuck Shea? We were catching up.” Ikenna rolled his eyes in annoyance. Had anyone asked him if his tone was even the least bit fond, he’d punch their teeth down their throats. “Damn, we were just playing.”

It was when he looked in Mylo’s direction that he noticed another person. Ikenna didn’t hide his scoff upon seeing Antonia. She wasn’t really someone that he cared for but seeing as she made it a habit of sticking to Shea like glue, he tolerated her at least. Every now and then he’d attempt to get under her skin, but being the bore that she was, she didn’t give him any reaction. Honestly he didn’t know why Shea kept her around. Not to mention the way she fawned over Mylo, babying him as if he was some weak ass person. Her look of horror was kinda amusing though. “Aye, I didn’t fuck him up that bad. He's had worse!” Ikenna laughed once again.

“Does it hurts Lo’, you want me to take you to the infirmary? The nurse’ll give you a sticker and a lollipop I bet.” He climbed to his feet slowly, leisurely, as if he didn’t have a care in the world. Instead of making a move to attack, Ikenna slipped off his shirt and shook it out in an attempt to remove the sand. He attempted to wipe the sand sticking to his skin. He really would get that kid back for covering him.
º º code by ditto º º

Philo

Daughter of Athena

Sitting at the dock felt like the longest wait in her life when she was eager for the arrival of her friends. Her legs dangled off the ledge of the dock watching others play in the sand ways away and rippling tides wash ashore the beach. Saltwater sprays and sunshine were starting to curl her hair further -- any longer and she'd be combing out a frizzy mess. Thankfully, dark brown eyes caught the ship coming in over the horizon line treading through the water with the tendrils of their guardian paving the way. She recalled the first time she'd seen the beast, how amazed she was that such fantastical creatures existed. On this island, there were plenty of them around both in plain sight and in hiding. She'd come to recognize a few of them after a year of this new life. From fighting them to coexisting with them, it was a strange addition. Philo wondered how many new students would feel the same as she did when first touching these shores. If they'd have the same glimmer in their eyes or be laced with fear for the unknown world they were stepping into. Well, if they were afraid they surely wouldn't last long here. If not because of the monsters then because of the ruthless student body. Despite the design of this school being to bring divine children together, it's rather cutthroat when it comes to peer relations. There were more than enough here that she'd be more than happy to never see again who were more than likely aboard the docking Dutchman.

As the ship came to a halt and students started to shuffle off the vessel, Philo found herself searching for familiar faces. She stood up onto the railing balancing herself well on the curve of her foot to see better. Her expression lit up and she was taking off like a rocket. Naturally, Fletcher her beat her to it with his 'cursed' speed but that didn't mean she wasn't still going to greet her best friend. "Alti! I have missed you sister!" The bubbly brunette full body tackled the girl to the ground with a hug before quickly helping her back up. She gave her a kiss to the cheek in the most dramatic way possible. "I gotta show you something but later--" Looking up again she caught the slightest glimpse of her beloved roommate. She called out his name before proceeding to do the same to him; throw herself at him like a little monkey. She jumped up into his arms, wrapped her hands around his neck, and her legs around his waist. The happiest laughter escaped her lips and she couldn't help the wide smile she sported. The brunette peppered his cheek in light kisses greeting him no differently than she would any of her closest friends. More than anyone else though, Philo missed Ezra.

If there was anyone here who people would mistake was her boyfriend, it'd certainly be him with how attached to each other they were. Catching up with him would be the perfect way to spend the first day. Her palms pressed to his shoulders as he set her down again, "I made friends with Fletcher this summer! He's really nice compared to the first time I met him. Spending time with him made the summer not so lonely." There were a few students that stayed behind on the island when the semester ended, Fletcher happened to be the one she spent the most time with. He was a good person at heart despite his 'habits' and more than good company to keep. Philo went on to talk about the cool things she did with Fletcher and the extra training she took up as well. That was the whole reason for her staying behind after all. To improve both physically and mentally in an environment where she doesn't have to hold back.

Her eyes caught Oshea as he left the ship with Antonina. They had a strange relationship from the start and she could never tell if she hated the guy or enjoyed his company. They were friends, to some degree, but not enough to warrant either of them saying hello to each other in public. Besides, with that look on his face as he moved past, he didn't seem the happiest. "Come on! I have to show you how I decorated our room." Philo took Ezra's hand in her own as she usually did with all of her friends. His fingers were warm and a little moist but she didn't mind, she never did. When it came to him, there wasn't anything he could do that could deter her.

They were headed back towards the campus now from the port. Staying in the same place as the other idiots on the beach for too long would only result in her getting a migraine from thing one, two, or three. Her eyes were excellent and her hearing sharp; she could see the aftermath of Ikenna's charming personality lying in the sand trying his hardest not to look pathetic. They were too far away to make out exactly what happened or help anything but, knowing Ikenna, it wasn't hard to put two and two together. Her hand squeezed a little tighter before returning her attention to Ezra. "What did you do after you returned home? I hope you had more fun than I did."

mood

jovial/excited

black crop and grey sweats

interactions

Althea then Ezra
mentions Oshea, Fletcher, Ikenna

♡coded by uxie♡

[disclaimer:: swipe up on the mood/interactions stuff to see the contents]

despite enjoying the throngs of students pulling each other around in excitement, kiaan started to grow annoyed at his inability to properly navigate the dock in search of his closest friends. he was positive he'd spotted them earlier on the ship, but hadn't gotten the chance to greet them as he'd gotten distracted with his own personal mission and conversations.

to kiaan, the beauty of mythos lied in its natural grace— the rolling foothills that ascended into jade mountains, the crashing waves along the golden coast of the harbor, the campus architecture with rich history carved into every crevice. it all came together to form an intricate picture of harmony between nature and its godly inhabitants.

as for the darkest corners of the island, kiaan found beauty there, as well. while all sorts of creatures of the night posed an ever-present threat to the students at mythos, festering in grim darkness amongst themselves, they comprised only half of the balance.

pure darkness existed everywhere he looked. for example, the pitch black hues at the deepest parts of lake elpis, a reminder that what he experienced and suffered through wasn't all that existed in the world. or perhaps his own shadow, proof that he existed and was there in the present, grounded in reality no matter how lost in space he felt. or even coming home to the dorm after class just to lay there in bed, in the darkness of his room, and feel all the tension in his body slip away, just like that.

needless to say, the darkness that they perceived in this world was deeply nuanced.

as he reached the last drops of his patience, kiaan finally lasered in on his roommate and close friends— fletcher, althea, alina, and leia— stood on the opposite end of the dock. with tunnel vision locked onto his target, he took no more than 20 seconds in crossing the stretch, aimlessly shoving unfamiliar faces out of the way as he neared the small crowd.

kiaan approached wordlessly, sneaking up just outside of alina's peripheral vision with a wicked smile on his face. before she could get a word in, the demigod enveloped her in a back hug that lifted her small frame off the ground, spun the two of them around a couple times, and then set her back down.

"partying without me already," kiaan accused with a lazy grin, though his gaze was warm as he locked eyes with each of them in greeting. "this is why they say there's no use raising kids."

son of nirriti

kiaan.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Mylo Garrick
uncomfortable — Leon beach— outfit — interactions: Ikenna/Oshea/Antonina erzulie erzulie fin fin cablebelly cablebelly
Mylo ground his teeth while blood pumped from his nose as though he’d tapped some deep well that’d been waiting to burst. The adrenaline leaked through his veins, and while he could still feel the spike, he was draining himself hollow. He’d feel the emptiness later.

Mylo knew that Ikenna glowed blue in the light of the moon, cold and dark like a stone at the bottom of a deep river. Now, lit by the sun and the scuffle, that river ran hot with a thick molten current, and his outline seemed to be tinged with red. The grandson of Ekwensu stalked toward Mylo like a tiger, pushing a laugh through his teeth as though he and the man before him were simply exchanging pleasantries and not blows. Mylo knew that they had a complicated dynamic, and while Ikenna treated a fight like a chess match, he was more inclined to flip the board just to see how his opponent would react. If nothing else, it made for an interesting game.

Mylo wasn’t a runner, and he wasn’t afraid of Ikenna. So from his seat in the sand, he simply braced himself.

Before Ikenna could reach him, however, Oshea made his appearance. Mylo blinked, startled by the sudden arrival of his friend, and he watched as Ikenna toppled over from the other man’s sharp shove.

Oshea was kneeling before him, and the demigod’s narrowed irises flipped like gold coins as he looked the legacy up and down. Had Mylo been in better condition, he might’ve laughed. Between the three of them, he, Ikenna, and Oshea had reprised their roles from the year before as though no time had passed at all. Given the fact Oshea had a habit of fermenting his brain in sharp substances, it was a bit surprising that he generally proved to be the most level-headed of the trio. His tendency to stand between Mylo and a brawl with Ikenna always felt like a slap in the face, and it was one that the legacy never appreciated.

Mylo took one second to glare at Oshea before breaking the contact quickly. Despite his age and disposition, the son of Heimdallr had the gaze of an owl. He could peek right through the darkness, and although he was far from his capacity for potential, Mylo believed that the demigod might be able to hear even the smallest scurry of a thought. Ever since their first meeting when Oshea got a little too close for comfort, he gave Mylo the impression that he saw everything, and the legacy had the idea that the other man might be able to turn his head in a full circle where nothing was safe from his sight.

“Fuck off, Shea,” Mylo grumbled as he hoisted himself up onto his elbows, tossing the well-worn phrase in Oshea’s direction once Ikenna had finished his own declaration of indigance. The three hadn’t started off the school year with a warm reunion, and while their greetings held more expletives than amenities, it was a rather fitting form of salutation for the three.

Antonina lowered herself to kneel beside Mylo, and he couldn’t help but offer her a smile. Had his nose been in working condition, she was close enough that he would’ve been able to find that she smelled like soft honeydew petals mixed with the product of fire. It was a balance that represented her well. He’d done all he could the year before to dodge her, but after they’d been paired as sparring partners, she’d proved his fears to be wrong. The two kept up their training tradition, and once he realized that she wasn’t out to snatch him up in her perceptive gaze, he’d come to enjoy her company. Unlike with Oshea, Mylo took her scolding with a little more grace.

“Hey, Nina, it’s— Fuck you, Ikenna. If you wanted to do any actual damage, you should’ve tried a little harder. Fuck off before I get up and shut you up for real,” Mylo spat. Ikenna was taking off his shirt, and Mylo tried to wrinkle his nose in disgust, but he only managed to push more blood out of his nostrils. So he settled for an eye roll. “Little bitch.”

Had he been paying attention, he would’ve seen Antonina’s eyes light up like twin moons. They guided her somewhere dark to share their secrets, and it was only her strangled gasp that brought his focus back to her.

“Jesus, Nina. It’s only a nosebleed,” he said, letting out a nervous laugh upon witnessing Antonina’s dramatic reaction.

She was looking at him as though she’d just seen a ghost. Or a monster.

Mylo shifted uncomfortably, and he wished that the sand below him might swallow him up. Maybe he lived his life fangs first, with blood in his mouth and a growl in his throat. But he didn’t want Antonina looking at him like that. Not Nina. She’d barely touched him, but it was as though he'd bitten her when she'd reached out, and there was blood on her fingertips to prove it. She was afraid, and all Mylo could think was that it was his fault. His stomach churned, and a sense of dread tore as his guts with icy claws.

He looked at her, grimacing. “Fucking what?”

Mylo Garrick
mood: uncomfortable
outfit
interactions: Ikenna/Oshea/Antonina
tags: erzulie erzulie fin fin cablebelly cablebelly

Mylo ground his teeth while blood pumped from his nose as though he’d tapped some deep well that’d been waiting to burst. The adrenaline leaked through his veins, and while he could still feel the spike, he was draining himself hollow. He’d feel the emptiness later.

Mylo knew that Ikenna glowed blue in the light of the moon, cold and dark like a stone at the bottom of a deep river. Now, lit by the sun and the scuffle, that river ran hot with a thick molten current, and his outline seemed to be tinged with red. The grandson of Ekwensu stalked toward Mylo like a tiger, pushing a laugh through his teeth as though he and the man before him were simply exchanging pleasantries and not blows. Mylo knew that they had a complicated dynamic, and while Ikenna treated a fight like a chess match, he was more inclined to flip the board just to see how his opponent would react. If nothing else, it made for an interesting game.

Mylo wasn’t a runner, and he wasn’t afraid of Ikenna. So from his seat in the sand, he simply braced himself.

Before Ikenna could reach him, however, Oshea made his appearance. Mylo blinked, startled by the sudden arrival of his friend, and he watched as Ikenna toppled over from the other man’s sharp shove.

Oshea was kneeling before him, and the demigod’s narrowed irises flipped like gold coins as he looked the legacy up and down. Had Mylo been in better condition, he might’ve laughed. Between the three of them, he, Ikenna, and Oshea had reprised their roles from the year before as though no time had passed at all. Given the fact Oshea had a habit of fermenting his brain in sharp substances, it was a bit surprising that he generally proved to be the most level-headed of the trio. His tendency to stand between Mylo and a brawl with Ikenna always felt like a slap in the face, and it was one that the legacy never appreciated.

Mylo took one second to glare at Oshea before breaking the contact quickly. Despite his age and disposition, the son of Heimdallr had the gaze of an owl. He could peek right through the darkness, and although he was far from his capacity for potential, Mylo believed that the demigod might be able to hear even the smallest scurry of a thought. Ever since their first meeting when Oshea got a little too close for comfort, he gave Mylo the impression that he saw everything, and the legacy had the idea that the other man might be able to turn his head in a full circle where nothing was safe from his sight.

“Fuck off, Shea,” Mylo grumbled as he hoisted himself up onto his elbows, tossing the well-worn phrase in Oshea’s direction once Ikenna had finished his own declaration of indigance. The three hadn’t started off the school year with a warm reunion, and while their greetings held more expletives than amenities, it was a rather fitting form of salutation for the three.

Antonina lowered herself to kneel beside Mylo, and he couldn’t help but offer her a smile. Had his nose been in working condition, she was close enough that he would’ve been able to find that she smelled like soft honeydew petals mixed with the product of fire. It was a balance that represented her well. He’d done all he could the year before to dodge her, but after they’d been paired as sparring partners, she’d proved his fears to be wrong. The two kept up their training tradition, and once he realized that she wasn’t out to snatch him up in her perceptive gaze, he’d come to enjoy her company. Unlike with Oshea, Mylo took her scolding with a little more grace.

“Hey, Nina, it’s— Fuck you, Ikenna. If you wanted to do any actual damage, you should’ve tried a little harder. Fuck off before I get up and shut you up for real,” Mylo spat. Ikenna was taking off his shirt, and Mylo tried to wrinkle his nose in disgust, but he only managed to push more blood out of his nostrils. So he settled for an eye roll. “Little bitch.”

Had he been paying attention, he would’ve seen Antonina’s eyes light up like twin moons. They guided her somewhere dark to share their secrets, and it was only her strangled gasp that brought his focus back to her.

“Jesus, Nina. It’s only a nosebleed,” he said, letting out a nervous laugh upon witnessing Antonina’s dramatic reaction.

She was looking at him as though she’d just seen a ghost. Or a monster.

Mylo shifted uncomfortably, and he wished that the sand below him might swallow him up. Maybe he lived his life fangs first, with blood in his mouth and a growl in his throat. But he didn’t want Antonina looking at him like that. Not Nina. She’d barely touched him, but it was as though he'd bitten her when she'd reached out, and there was blood on her fingertips to prove it. She was afraid, and all Mylo could think was that it was his fault. His stomach churned, and a sense of dread tore as his guts with icy claws.

He looked at her, grimacing. “Fucking what?”

Last edited:

scroll

son of heimdallr

oshea.

mood

annoyed, worried

outfit

location here

interactions

interactions here

tags

tags here

Wrinkled lines settled over the demigod’s bronze skin, a sarcastic laugh echoed after Ikenna’s own, followed by a stark and unenthusiastic frown. An irritated set of eyes stared down at his friend where he sat in his own sand den, chattering and giggling as if this had all been some sort of game. If it wasn’t for Mylo so bloodied at his side, he might have actually believed that the two of them were really just sporting fun. An actual game, or something. Ikenna was simply wired like that, where alcohol numbed Shea’s pains, chaos was Ikenna’s remedy. He looked like he’d just got off of a roller coaster ride rather than an embarassingly public fistfight. That cheeky grin of his always made it difficult to stay angry with him too. Ikenna proved himself a playfully dangerous spirit indeed, with a mercurial nature that made things awfully interesting. It urged some to stick around him but made others wary of his presence. Shea opted for the latter, even though he was left perplexed several times over. The lead-up to the fight was probably something stupid too, anything that provided Ikenna enough excuse to throw hands. He wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Ikenna had cajoled Mylo into swinging first.

Figuring that Mylo was better suited in the kind arms of Antonina, and Ikenna was in no mood to attack again, he removed his sneakers from the boy’s side, reeling them up towards his person. When the side of his trousers were caught on something sharp in the dirt, Shea offered a closer look. Glimmering in the unnaturally golden sunlight that you only saw in travel brochures or a mystical island for the gods’ descendants was the blade of a sword. Almost immediately, he thrust his hands deeper into the beach in search of its hilt. A mischievous smile crawled at his lips, and at Ikenna’s next Mylo tease, he danced the tip of the broadsword only inches away from the man’s nose.

“Time you shut up, forreal,” Shea grinned, his tone already more playful than serious. “I’on know how to use this thing but if Mylo can handle it, anybody can.” Unfortunately so, the sword was unusually weighty. It bobbed, and wobbled in his grip before falling back into the sand. Ikenna, ever the pompous bastard, had risen from the dirt too, shirtless as he dusted sand particles off of his tee. Must’ve thought he was some sort of Greek god. The ugliest one, Shea thought to himself. He craned his head up at Ikenna’s standing figure, his free hand waved over his face and provided some shadow from the sunlight.

“Ugly ass n-” Shea was about to tease like they always did.

Another burst of light forced Shea’s eyes to shut instinctively. The brightness of pure white was unlike anything, one could never quite get used to it. He rubbed away at the dark splodges left by how tightly he’d closed his eyes, only to find Antonina in a frozen state. A motionless statue, unable to speak, talk, or react. It was a scene he’d seen before, but it left him stunned each and every time.

As studied a clairvoyant as she was, there was an unearthly force that presented itself with the visions that she experienced. Antonina boasted power not meant for the mundane but was unnaturally mixed in by godly fornication. Those visions, dreams of a future that was all too real, sometimes weighed hard. He’d grown to despise the dire effects they had on her. Shea had always thought that the gods took her for some sort of bitch, a messenger they could use to pass on information they were too lazy to voice themselves.

He indulged himself in things that frayed those systems in himself, stopped those self-righteous deities from using him the same way they used her. It was part of why he avoided Oracle training, but Antonina didn’t. Where he wished to convince her to do the same, she only picked up his slack. She continued to task herself with this shit, and it continued to make the both of them sick.

Uncharacteristically quick for Oshea, he appeared at Antonina’s side right after her abrupt divination. His arm tucked over her waist, another wrapped her arm around his neck to brace her onto her feet.

“She just had a vision, yo. We gotta cut,” he ordered. He tipped his head in the direction of the main portal and away from the tension that floated on the beach. He didn’t want people seeing her like this, as strong as she was, she ought to be confused too. Where only seconds had passed for them, Shea knew that visions when experienced could feel like an eternity.

While Oshea worried for Antonina and her well-being, his true concerns didn’t only lie with her. After years of training alongside the brunette, he’d learned that her resilience knew no bounds. She’d surprised him with a peculiar edge the first day he’d met her. A kindred spirit born of different circumstances, she could hold her own. She only needed a moment. As for Mylo, that was another story.

With a glance, Mylo still sat there where Nina had tended to him, mouth agape with that ever-confused expression on his face. She’d been with him before this entire ordeal, quick mathematics proved that Mylo was the one to trigger the vision. Shea wasn’t sober enough to decipher Antonina’s thoughts and vision, but in the way that she had stared at him… It couldn’t have been good news. There was a cruel pattern to those visions. They warned only of bad things waiting to happen. Hardly were they ever bundles of joy, or things to be excited for. Of all people, Mylo certainly hadn’t just won the lottery either.

Shea knew that Antonina might plan to inform Mylo of whatever she’d seen. Mylo didn’t need that right now, not here either. He was quick to plug that possibility. “If it’s really that bad,” Shea whispered into her ear, “just don’t tell him.” Mylo was too distraught now to think clearly, if he ever did. He didn’t need the extra burden of whatever Antonina had just seen, nothing to pile onto that sour history of his that he kept so secret. Shea had only seen glimpses when the two of them had first met, but it was enough to make the uncaring drunkard keep a watchful eye. How poetic.

Visions were rarely ever wrong, but there was still a chance. However slim. The academic year had only just begun and Nina owed the boy some peace of mind. He took a glance back at Mylo then.

♡coded by uxie♡

Even though her attacks of kisses were 'normal' by now, Ezra was always surprised when he received them. He wasn’t exactly a magnet of women and wasn’t dating around campus either. He wondered why he deserved those soft acts of love when he connected kisses with romantic relationships and not necessarily pure friendship. Philomena sure knew how to enchant others, she should be careful though, one day a poor moron will fall for her kindness.

"With Fletch, yeah?,"
he asked.
"That’s great, Philo! I’m glad you’ve become friends now."
That meant that they could have Fletcher over to hang out more and that sounded like a sweet gig. Ezra listened to her and nodded when she brought up her training.
"You must be so ahead of me then..,"
he processed loudly, watching her smile grow when she talked about her summer. As Philomena took his hand, he let her guide them back to their dorm. His hands were sweaty from the heat, it embarrassed him a bit but he knew she wouldn’t care. Maybe she would even joke about it. You know you’re real friends with someone if they bully you a lot.
"You make it sound like you changed a lot."
He wondered how different their home would look now. His roommate had already assessed dominance over their shared room aesthetics when they were freshmen.

They followed the stone path to the Viribus dorm, passing some students that were moving back in as well.
"Not sure if I can say that."
His summer was enjoyable and relaxing to say the least.
"I spent some time with my dad. I feel like we’re getting closer now."
Ezra was proud to admit that. Feeling disconnected from the only man in his life always bothered him like he was missing out on a lot of father-son experiences but these days none of these worries carried power in his mind.
"I was at the beach and I met my best friend at home Dante almost every day. I think you would like him."
He watched her ponytail swing with every step.
"Next summer I’ll take you to Palermo if you’d like."
He could already see his father: eyes wide, a smile reaching from one ear to the other. Ezra had never brought home any girls, no friends, no romances. His father would say a typical dad thing like "I almost thought you’re into guys, son!“ followed by a 'manly' pat on the shoulder. Ezra would hate that. Who knows who he’d find himself dating, it could very well be a cute guy, like … his eyes wandered around, wondering if there were even any guys who he found attractive. His eyes found Ikenna and what was going on near the port. He gulped. Rather not Ikenna, though Ezra wouldn’t say no to someone like him, he’d be way to scared to be crushed by him the very second they’d meet eyes.

He shook off his thoughts and grabbed his bag with his electric guitar a bit tighter. It's good to be back, he thought as they stood in front of their entrance door. The bell sign said DELGADO & VELLUCCI. They're home.

son of enyo

ezra.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

leia kobayashi.

Leia felt a bit flustered as she reached to accept the gift, positively beaming as she did so. It's not that she isn't grateful-- quite the contrary-- she just doesn't know how to react sometimes. Typically, she's the one giving gifts, whether it be in the form of fine cuisine or other matters. It can be overwhelming sometimes to have the roles reversed.

"Thanks, Fletch, this is very thoughtful. Don't think I forgot about gifts, they're all in one of my bags that are probably sitting in the dorm by now." Sighing at her own stupidity, she gave Fletcher a playful wink and returned her attention to the two women before her. "A monster problem? I'd say that trumps my boring invasive plant research. Give yourself credit where it's due!" Leia admired Alina for her captivating and humble personality. Hell, if Leia had been even half the person that Alina is, she probably wouldn't shut up about it. The senior hasn't only done a lot for her, but for her friends, too, and she's forever grateful for the young woman's impact on them all.

Pulling apart from Fletcher, the demigoddess opted for smothering Thea with her affections instead. Despite being surrounded by some of their closest friends, Leia understood immediately that Thea was not entirely comfortable just yet. She pulled the young woman into a comfortable side-hug, using her other hand to tuck her hair behind her ear. "I definitely get the vibe. If you're Roach Frank, then I'm glad that your spirit can't be crushed." She winked, showing that she understood the reference.

The most beautiful thing about Leia and Thea's friendship is how they often encourage each other when one is feeling apprehensive-- they support each other in the most subtle ways. Even if it is something as simple as going along with a reference, Leia hopes that it can put Thea in higher spirits.

"I think you'll be happy to hear that I brought our son back." During the previous school year, Leia and Thea found themselves sharing custody over a house plant they have mutually deemed their son. Did Leia always end up taking care of the daily watering and maintenance? Yes. Does she still insist that Thea has a green thumb of her own because their son has flourished? Also yes. Leia swears that Thea's presence alone is enough to make the plant thrive. It's just one of the many ways that Fletcher and Thea are alike-- they can't keep a plant alive for the life of them, but Leia loves them both unconditionally and is glad to help.

Kiaan's antics shouldn't surprise her by now, but Leia couldn't help but jolt a bit when Alina was suddenly snatched out of her sight. She turned to watch as he spun the young woman around, shaking her head slightly as he put her down. "You didn't pull a muscle while doing that, right, old man?"

• tags: cablebelly cablebelly miyabi miyabi erzulie erzulie sox sox • interactions: Fletcher, Althea, Alina, Kiaan • outfit: x

mood: soft/affectionate
mentions:
interactions:
althea , fletcher, leia, kiaan
tags: miyabi miyabi , cablebelly cablebelly , RosateNena RosateNena sox sox
Alina Soleil
“the sunlight paints us gold.”

Alina was happy to see that Fletcher was enjoying his new job, she could only smile affectionately when he thanked her. There were no words to express how proud of him she was, how happy his progress made her feel. And as Fletcher stood within their group of friends, his eyes soft and face flushed, she couldn’t help but think that he deserved all of it. There was a sudden urge to ruffle his messy hair again. She didn’t mind standing on her toes to run a hand through his hair yet she stopped herself. Alina would never get tired of showing Fletcher how much she adored him but he could only take so much before he became embarrassed. Even now she could see that this was a little much for him.

“Please, that doesn’t sound boring at all. You’ll have to tell me more about it sometime. I don’t know a thing about plants besides the fact that the pretty ones are usually the deadly ones.” Alina wouldn’t mind listening to Leia as she talked about her research. She always enjoyed watching how people lit up when they talked about the things they liked, and Leia was no different. Alina was content to watch everyone as they chatted, just enjoying the positive energy that their little group radiated. Returning to Mythos always felt like she was returning home, there was nothing she loved more than reuniting with her friends and catching up.

And maybe she could spend a little more time with them this time around. This year she’d have to go without a roommate. While Alina enjoyed her space she also liked being around others. She had a feeling that this year would be a little lonely for her, it made her a little sad. Alina was unaware of the person closing in on her, too caught up in her thoughts to feel someone behind her until it was too late. A startled yelp left her when she was suddenly lifted and spun around. When she was finally placed on her feet the world around her still spun and she stumbled.

It took her a few moments to right herself and turn to the culprit. “Leia’ right, you should be careful or you’ll hurt yourself. You aren’t getting any younger. In fact…” Alina took a step closer to Kiaan, peering at him thoughtfully. She ran a hand over his cheek. “Yup, you’ve definitely gotten greyer since the last time I saw you.” Her hand lingered for a moment as her gaze changed, soft but not in a way that happened when she looked at Fletcher or her other friends. Alina engulfed Kiaan in a hug then and she lingered there too before pulling away. “We have all semester to “party” together, don’t worry.”

º º code by ditto º º

Oshea was at her side as quick as it had come. Of course, he liked to pick her up from a fall, but never prevented one from starting. She twisted in his hold, but the effort was weak and ultimately useless. Her body felt weightless in a way that left her little control, like standing up too fast after laying down too long, and she could tell her body wouldn't let her stand on her own for a few more moments. It felt strange to treat her body like an it in this moment, but somehow, it was. Unresponsive to her. Dethawing, watching a scene that had not yet played out. Her one normal eye fritzed, frantically looking everywhere, as if trying to cling onto the vision, waiting for it to appear in front of her, and the effort made her dizzy. Nina closed both her eyes and tried to feel the strength of her footing again. Waited for her gut to leave her throat and return to her stomach.

When she opened her eyes again, the feeling had only just begun to dissipate. Mylo was still in front of her, intact. Unmarred. She wasn't sure if it was her mind or her eyes showing her the mirror image of his lifeless body, but looking at him was like looking at a flickering image. One trying to decide what it wanted to be. Did it have to be Mylo? He already carried so much on his shoulders. He didn't deserve anything bad, no matter how much he begged for fire to be thrust upon him. Antonina knew what it was like to want to be buried, but not like this. Not truly six feet under. Not anyone she loved. She opened her mouth to speak, but a whisper in her ear stopped her dead in her tracks.

Nina had worked to automatically display a poker face when visions occurred. Unfortunately, ones as powerful as these, that took both her eyes and plunged her in a pool of seeing, did not care to leave her in control of her body after the fact. From Oshea's words, from his quick reaction, she figured she had executed very little poker face. And especially with that equally horrified look on Mylo's face, she already knew she had scared him. No, no. She never wanted to scare him. She had worked so hard to do anything but, to show him that she wasn't made of deathly omens. But here she was, with a sneak peak to his suffering. Fuck. She could already hear what Shea would say to her. Why do you do this? Why do you wait so readily for the visions? See what you get, huh? See what it gives you? He hadn't said anything of the sort yet, but Nina could feel it so vividly that she made an attempt to push away from him.

"Ngh. Mylo," She had escaped the grasp around her waist, but had to clutch Oshea's shoulder to stay upright. "Ardito, I'm sorry. Don't... worry about it." Her nickname for the boy returned to her tongue, but her tone didn't have much conviction. She swallowed past the lump in her throat, and tried to make her stance against Oshea seem purposeful rather than using him like a crutch. "Just... impressed you can't think of any other way to start the year except for fighting like children." Her fingers dug into Oshea's shoulder, almost painfully so. She forced herself to roll her eyes, trying to keep up the unimpressed expression. "Try to keep your face unblemished for a little while. It'd be nice to see." She glowered at Mylo, affectionate but angered, though her voice cracked halfway. Now having spoken a bit, brought air into her lungs, Nina pushed off of Oshea and stood fully upright. She wrapped her arms around herself, and took a shuddering breath.

"We'll... talk later, Ardito." Her tone was now a bit softer towards Mylo, a bit more in control, and she gave him a meaningful look. One that promised to explain another day. In the same glance she shot a glare at Ikenna. "Next time I'll pick up the sword, stronzo." The italian swear was probably unknown to him, but it sounded enough like a threat to be understood. Now, she turned back to Oshea, and he would know better than anyone the turmoil roiling in her expression. It wasn't him she was upset with, at least, not totally. Time and time again she proved his point; why Oracle work was not worth its weight. She knew that unlike others, she had people to go home to. If Mythos was wiped from her mind, she would still have a life to live. A family who wanted her. But she knew that she would feel like a part of her was missing, because that was how she had grown up. Feeling like half of a whole. Alive, but empty. Mythos completed her in a way she didn't like to admit. She'd do anything the Oracle program asked, anything the Gods asked. Because if she didn't, she didn't like the person she was to return to. Aimless. Confused. She didn't want to meet her ever again.

A few paces away, towards the portals, Antonina kept close to Shea but gaze downcast. If he had stayed to say goodbye, she went ahead until he caught up. Her steps were slow, and held none of the confidence or steadiness that she had running off the ship. What a great start to a year. "You don't need to coddle me like that," She muttered quietly, "Just got soft over the summer. It wasn't as bad as it seemed." A very bold faced lie, but one she seemed to push out of her mouth despite the trouble it gave her. But this was how life at Mythos was for her. She had no choice but to deal with the visions. She didn't need a lecture. At this point, she was just ready to get back to her room.

"Welcome back." Nina murmured, both to him and to herself, and set forward through the sand.

daughter of janus

nina

♡coded by uxie♡

mood: curious/excited
mentions:
interactions:
mylo , oshea, antonia
tags: Maverick. Maverick. , fin fin , cablebelly cablebelly
Ikenna Okafor

If it had been anyone else pointing a sword at him, he would have been quick to disarm them and break their wrist in a way that would leave them unable to pick up anything without some trouble. Ikenna only rolled his eyes at Oshea’s antics. He was surprised that the demigod was even able to pick up the sword in the first place. Ikenna was sure that he was already inebriated, probably had been since getting on the ship. He could recall hearing his little sea shanty in the distance, the wind seemed to carry it across the ship. He had been too occupied with scaring the freshmen to really pay attention or go and mess with him then.

Ikenna raised a single brow at Shea, watching as his grip on the sword wavered before the sword fell from his hand entirely. “ Fuckin’ noodle arms.” He shook his head. Before he could insult Shea further the other man was quickly making his way over to Mylo and his Oracle. He followed them at his own pace, curious to see what was going on. Ikenna really didn’t think what he’d done warranted these dramatic reactions. It’s not like he was on the verge of death. But he soon realized that it wasn’t completely about Mylo, not in the way he had thought. So Antonia had seen something and from the way she’d been gazing at Mylo Ikenna figured that it was something about him.

His lip curled as she spoke to him, walking with Shea by her side towards the portals. Ikenna wanted to know what the vision was about but knew that she wouldn’t tell him. If he was the person in question he would have wanted to know what was up, if someone was going to be in his business it would have been the least that they could do. It was one of the reasons why he wasn’t a fan of those with clairvoyance. Finally Ikenna turned his attention to Mylo once again. “Damn, they were acting as if I almost killed you. But you aren’t some weak bitch like that huh?” Ikenna offered a hand to Mylo, he was sure that he wanted to get out of the sand right about now. “Can’t believe that we’re roommates again. We’re gonna have so much fun.” His tone was playful and maybe a little sinister.
º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back