• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑮: 𝑰𝑪

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
ItuKKJ4.png

Interactions: erzulie erzulie & low fidelity low fidelity

Cate was absolutely in her element, and not just because she was on a ship. There's always so much to look forward to when returning to Mythos, but the sail back to school is always a highlight for her, not just because she could catch up with her peers, but she could tell tales to the first-year students. With one year of school under her belt, Cate was fully ready to take up the mantel of spooking the newest students. Cate positioned herself where she could easily be spotted, perched atop the railing of the quarter-deck, set back from the main crowd, surrounded by a small group of nervous first years. Like every fisherman before here, Cate could spin a hell of a yarn. This particular year, she told them that before they can actually access the school, they had to find their way through the labyrinth of Crete, and that this year she heard that they decided to spice it up and add a few weresnakes into the mix because the minotaur had domesticated itself. "Of course weresnakes are real, you can ask anyone." Cate waved her hand dismissively, "Y'all find out you're related to gods, but draw the line at weresnakes? Hmmm, hope you don't encounter one, for your own sake..."

Cate field a few more questions about her new favorite made-up creatures before spotting Cecilia and Alina not too far across the deck. Cathleen cupped her hands over her mouth and called out excitedly, "Alina! Cecilia!" She waved wildly, a big somewhat goofy grin plastered across her face. "Alright kids, I gotta get moving. To those of you who make it out alive later, I'll see ya around." Cathleen hopped down, her sneakers squeaking a bit against the wet wooden deck as she jostled her way through the packed deck towards some familiar faces. The large crowd was always the worst part of the trip back. It's hard to feel suffocated on the open sea, but somehow that exactly how she was feeling as she slipped between clusters of people.

She felt the boat lurch and a few gasps from those who could see what was going on. It didn't take much to surmise the Kraken had taken hold of the boat. Cate made her way to the side of the ship and braced herself against the railing, looking down onto the magnificent beast. While it was not her first encounter with the creature, and it wouldn't be her last, she was awe-struck every time. In her brief chats with her father, he told her stories of legendary heroes of yore that had dared to challenge the similar creatures only to meet their untimely demise. Cate had no doubt in her mind that this thing would decimate her if she stepped out of line. As quick as it had appeared, the Kraken returned to the wine-dark sea.

Cate followed up the edge of the railing, catching up to Cecilia and Alina. "Aren't you two a sight for sore eyes!" Cate chipped as she bounced up to the pair. "Gods, you guys look fantastic! It sure feels great to be back, doesn't it? Break is great and all, but after a while, I really start to miss this place! By the by, if anyone asks about weresnakes, totally real and very scary." Cate hardly drew a breath in between her words, her excitement overwhelming her a bit.

"the daughter
of
morrigan"

happy

the flying dutchman

leia and aaliyah
Claudette Claudette
RosateNena RosateNena

Rhiannon

Anndrasdan

• h

(click play twice!)

After a summer spent only with her family, it was refreshing to see her friends again. Until she started attending the academy she'd never really had friends like this, she had always moved from military base to military base with her father and never settled into making friends worth keeping. There was a different kind of bond shared between those you stood by in battle, Rhiannon may have still been a bit closed off sometimes but she trusted her friends with her life.

"That sounds great! I'm excited to get back to gardening. My dad and I went camping this summer so I didn't have much time to practice my green thumb." Rhiannon typically didn't use her powers once she left Mythos, it drew unwanted attention and having to explain any of it to her father sounded like a nightmare she'd rather avoid. A new school year meant more time to learn about her abilities and who she truly was.

The feeling of someone's head coming to rest on her shoulder normally would've put her on edge, but now that she was aboard the Dutchman her defenses were down among her friends and classmates.

"Hi Aaliyah." Rhiannon greeted the brunette, wrapping an arm around her lithe frame and grinning. The daughter of Morrigan wasn't sure that her two friends knew each other, Rhiannon typically hung out with her friends alone, she wasn't usually one for large hangouts. She'd never had a large group of friends to hangout with before.

"I'm just happy to be back, how was your summer?" She asked, though Aaliyah had texted her throughout the summer she hadn't given specific details about her road trip, which only made her more curious about what the usually talkative demi-goddess was up to.

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

After a summer spent only with her family, it was refreshing to see her friends again. Until she started attending the academy she'd never really had friends like this, she had always moved from military base to military base with her father and never settled into making friends worth keeping. There was a different kind of bond shared between those you stood by in battle, Rhiannon may have still been a bit closed off sometimes but she trusted her friends with her life.

"That sounds great! I'm excited to get back to gardening. My dad and I went camping this summer so I didn't have much time to practice my green thumb." Rhiannon typically didn't use her powers once she left Mythos, it drew unwanted attention and having to explain any of it to her father sounded like a nightmare she'd rather avoid. A new school year meant more time to learn about her abilities and who she truly was.

The feeling of someone's head coming to rest on her shoulder normally would've put her on edge, but now that she was aboard the Dutchman her defenses were down among her friends and classmates.

"Hi Aaliyah." Rhiannon greeted the brunette, wrapping an arm around her lithe frame and grinning. The daughter of Morrigan wasn't sure that her two friends knew each other, Rhiannon typically hung out with her friends alone, she wasn't usually one for large hangouts. She'd never had a large group of friends to hangout with before.

"I'm just happy to be back, how was your summer?" She asked, though Aaliyah had texted her throughout the summer she hadn't given specific details about her road trip, which only made her more curious about what the usually talkative demi-goddess was up to.

despite the sporadic shifting of the bustling crowd on the ship, it didn't take very long for a familiar face to make a beeline towards kiaan's location near the center of the deck. alexei's icy gaze contrasted with the warmth of his smile, one of the many reasons he could never take his roommate seriously on most days. alexei was tall and broad with striking facial features, which many at the academy found intimidating; however, Kian considered alexei to be one of his best friends.

except when he stole kiaan's plant babies to use in his flower crowns. at those times, his roommate became his arch nemesis.

"hey, kiaan! what's that?" alexei inquired, shit-eating grin plastered on his face as he gestured towards the bone he had been attempting to hide with his hand.

kiaan glanced around briefly before pulling it out into view, his own smile mimicking his roommate's. "it's a powder monkey's rib," he explained in hindi, voice just above a whisper. "i'm trying out this new formula for my antivenin testing, and it needed marrow of the undead. sir dutchie 'ere couldn't o' been more convenient!" the exaggerated west country accent as he imitated the pirate crew turned some heads, living and undead alike, but he slipped the bone back into his pocket before anyone could catch proper sight of it.

"i feel like i'm almost there, alex," he continued, crossing his arms in the same nonchalant manner they'd been in prior. "i mean, my last trial worked for some of the toxins in my blood— which is promising and all, don't get me wrong— but this recipe... it just feels right, you know? the one from that grimoire that professor marat lent me last semester." he shook his head, more so out of pleased disbelief rather than skepticism. "i can't keep using alina's blood whenever i want, especially if something happens and we need all the extra resources we can get."

kiaan muttered that last bit quietly, knowing full well that if something seriously dangerous did attack campus, his own wounds may turn out to be more fatal than whatever their enemy dealt them.

that burden would be too hefty to bear alone.

as his eyes aimlessly scanned the other students, he suddenly caught alina's gaze across the deck, a bright, goofy smile immediately forming on his lips at the sight of his partner in crime. the son of nirriti had just enough time to shoot her the corniest wink and finger guns he could muster before the ship suddenly lurched in one direction, causing several freshmen to scream while the more experienced students simply grabbed onto whatever they could to keep from slipping. in kiaan's case, that was the looming wooden pillar beside him and alexei's belt loop, securing his roommate in a protective side hug.

he genuinely did love having the younger boy around— they had so much in common, from their culture and ancestry, to their style and interests, and even to the stereotypes forced upon them as residents of mortem. it only made sense that kiaan constantly draped himself around alexei, whether that meant jumping on his back and demanding a ride to his next class, tackling him for the last bag of chips in the dorm vending machine, or laying together at the end of a long day with aching muscles and a cup of chamomile tea.

within moments, however, the ship righted itself once again, and kiaan ruffled alexei's perfectly styled hair before letting him go again. "must mean we're close, yeah?" he teased, fixing his own loose locks of hair back into some semblance of presentable.

son of nirriti

kiaan.

♡coded by uxie♡

mood: hype
outfit: here
mentions:
interactions:
tags:
Alina Soleil
“the sunlight paints us gold.”

Four days had passed since the school year had begun. Returning to Mythos truly felt as if she was returning home and she knew that a lot of her fellow students felt the same way. They’d had plenty of time to get settled, enough time for the new students to learn their way around the school and figure out where their classes were. Like the previous year Alina had been tasked with helping the new students integrate into the Mythos culture and she had been more than happy to help.

Now it was time for them to truly let loose and celebrate their return. The welcoming party was always set on a Friday, that way they’d be able to have two days to recover and oh they would need it. The party was set within a clearing inside the Whispering Woods. A large bonfire was placed in the middle and tables with an array of food and drinks of all types were set aside for the students. The outdoor stage had been set up and a variety of lights decorated the forest. A group of students were performing a stage though Alina wasn’t too sure about the group whose song they were singing. She had been told that they were a group by the name of BTS and the song was named Dionysus, it definitely fit with tonight’s theme.

Alina stood amongst the crowd of people, dancing with everyone and no one all at once. She was truly her father’s daughter as she lost herself to the music. Her dress sparkled in the fire’s light and her fear was nowhere to be seen, not when she was surrounded by so many friends and the alcohol she sipped warmed her. Alina smiled when she was pulled into yet another person’s arms, her smile was all the more brighter at the sight of the daughter of Dionysus.
º º code by ditto º º

despite the busy nature of the first week at mythos, there was a very tangible hum of excitement in the air as the students prepared for the welcoming party that served as their final "letting loose" before classes officially began. there wasn't much for kiaan to unpack this year; most of his belongings had remained untouched at mortem, since there weren't enough students staying there for him to have to switch rooms every year. with that in mind, one would assume he'd jump at the opportunity to have his own room rather than sharing it with a roommate; however, the dark and dreary atmosphere of the dorm made most seek out a warm body to share a space in, if not simply for the sake of reminding themselves that their ancestry was not a curse.

after replacing his textbooks on the shelves above his desk, kiaan set to work getting ready, which involved taking a brisk shower and changing into gray pleated slacks and a black metallic dress shirt tucked in with the top few buttons undone. to top it off, he clasped a simple gold chain around his neck and a showy gold watch to match it. "i'm headed!" he called over his shoulder to his roommate, unsure if the man was even in his bedroom or not, before slipping on his black dress shoes and making his way to the party.

The Whispering Woods was one of his favorite places on campus for its horticulture alone. If he tried hard enough, he was positive he'd be able to find every color of the rainbow within its flowerbeds. This time, however, he didn't pause to greet the wildlife on his way to the bonfire, a shimmer of light catching his eye in what he could now make out as Alina's golden cocktail dress. The child of Apollo was dancing with one of the Dionysus girls; luckily, she didn't look like she weighed much, so it wouldn't be too hard for him to get rid of her if it came to that.

Kiaan watched them dance for a while, downing a champagne flute that had been handed to him once he broke the clearing, before sauntering over and snatching Alina's hand mid-twirl.

"So sorry, Georgina," he apologized insincerely, "i've got a very important date with miss soleil, so i'm afraid you'll have to find a new dance partner."

The girl furrowed her brow, a scowl adorning her face. "That's not my name," she protested, already getting swept away by the crowd.

"Don't care," he replied, waving her a cheery goodbye before turning towards Alina and pressing a gentle kiss to her knuckles. "Starting the party without me? That hurts." Kiaan feigned a pained expression, though his dopey grin gave away his lightheartedness.

son of nirriti

kiaan.

♡coded by uxie♡

• cash macambrais

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

• percy pérez

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

leia kobayashi.

Regardless of how much time everyone had to adjust and readjust to life at Mythos, the excitement of it all would always be looming. Preparations for the welcoming party only made it even more evident. Of course, who’s to blame them when this is the student body’s last chance to let loose before their rigid course schedules took control? Leia was feeling especially energetic as she adorned a pearl necklace complete with a golden pendant—a finishing touch to her fitted butterfly dress. The frizz in her hair seemed untamable as she brushed through it once more, eyes wandering from her reflection to the image on her roommate’s side of the dorm room. She had yet to have a proper conversation with the girl yet this year.

Setting the brush down onto her nightstand, Leia slipped on her shoes before making her way toward the Whispering Woods. The Whispering Woods is where she and fellow members of the nature club would spend a decent amount of their time studying. It was one of her favorite places at the academy, rich with verdure and wildlife. Standing amongst the vegetation was the petrified freshman that she recalled chatting with on the Flying Duchman. He appeared more confident than when they first met, but his isolation within the trees sent Leia his way.

“You know, getting close and personal with the trees isn’t exactly the best way to make friends.” She took a chip off his plate, snacking on it before meeting his eyes. “I never did catch your name last time. Have you adjusted to your new life just yet?”
• tags: demonology demonology • interactions: Cash • outfit: x

Regardless of how much time everyone had to adjust and readjust to life at Mythos, the excitement of it all would always be looming. Preparations for the welcoming party only made it even more evident. Of course, who’s to blame them when this is the student body’s last chance to let loose before their rigid course schedules took control? Leia was feeling especially energetic as she adorned a pearl necklace complete with a golden pendant—a finishing touch to her fitted butterfly dress. The frizz in her hair seemed untamable as she brushed through it once more, eyes wandering from her reflection to the image on her roommate’s side of the dorm room. She had yet to have a proper conversation with the girl yet this year.

Setting the brush down onto her nightstand, Leia slipped on her shoes before making her way toward the Whispering Woods. The Whispering Woods is where she and fellow members of the nature club would spend a decent amount of their time studying. It was one of her favorite places at the academy, rich with verdure and wildlife. Standing amongst the vegetation was the petrified freshman that she recalled chatting with on the Flying Duchman. He appeared more confident than when they first met, but his isolation within the trees sent Leia his way.

“You know, getting close and personal with the trees isn’t exactly the best way to make friends.” She took a chip off his plate, snacking on it before meeting his eyes. “I never did catch your name last time. Have you adjusted to your new life just yet?”

ItuKKJ4.png

As the first few days of class were coming to a close, Cate felt like everything was just clicking into place. She expected it to go smoothly, but it was almost like she never left. Sure, she had to spend a little extra time ducking some very irritated first years, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. The subsequent talking to from the dean certainly wasn't ideal, but it didn't result in any demerits so she would shake it off. She was settling in with her roommate, and while they weren't besties, they were cordial.

On the day of the party, the air was practically electric with everyone buzzing about their excitement. Cathleen wanted to share in their peer's excitement, really, but she spent the whole afternoon of the party letting her anxiety build up. Being in large and loud crowds always put her on edge. Growing up she was taught to be a villagent by her parents. When you're sailing a moment of distraction could get someone hurt or killed. When hiking letting your mind wander could be the difference between getting home for dinner or dying from exposure. Maybe these lessons were a little morbid, but Cate was frequently reckless and these were lessons she needed to be taught over and over again. Since starting school she has been grateful to her parents for trying to push this on her. She knows about all the truly dangerous things in the world, it's hard not to feel anxious when in an environment that's had to focus in. In spite of herself, Cate swallowed down her nervousness and got herself ready for the party.

The gorgeous scenery of the whispering woods really was a fantastic place to have an event like this. The music was fun and the atmosphere was joyous, Cate found herself able to relax a bit. While she was not nearly relaxed or drunk enough to find her way to the dance floor among her some of her friends, she quickly found good company with those around the warmth of the bonfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back