• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ช๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ: ๐‘ช๐‘บ

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
and, ah, my love remind me, what was it that i said? i can't help but pull the earth around me to make my bed. and, ah, my love remind me, what was it that i did? did i drink too much? am i losing touch? did i build this ship to wreck?
yasmรญn ramos, legacy of mama qucha.
and good god, under starless skies we are lost, and into the breach, we got tossed, and the water is coming in fast! and, ah, my love remind me, what was it that i said? i can't help but pull the sea around me to make my bed.

placeholder | code by low fidelity.

i'd be the voice that urged orpheus when her body was found, i'd be the choiceless hope in grief that drove him underground. i'd be the dreadful need in the devotee that made him turn around, and i'd be the immediate forgiveness in eurydice.
vincent delgado, son of venus.
imagine being loved by me. i won't deny I've got in my mind now all the things we'd do, so I'll try to talk refined for fear that you find out how i'm imaginin' you. i'd be the last shred of truth in the myth of true love.

placeholder | code by low fidelity.

sydney rowan
    name
    Sydney Niklaus Rowan
    nickname
    syd
    date of birth
    January 12th
    Sexuality
    homosexual
    Place of Birth
    Carbondale, IL

Race/Ethnic Background
    Caucasian with Russian/Scandinavian Roots

Languages
    Allspeak...eventually
    appearance.

Hair: Wavy, Dark Brown with streaks of Blonde
    Eyes: Clear Gray
    Height: 5"9.5
    Weight: 150 lbs.
    Build: Lean but Muscular
    Skin: A smooth, Peachy Natural Tan
    Body Mods: An industrial bar and two stacked lobe piercings on his left ear.
    Distinguishing Features: An "othila" rune on his left eye that appears and disappears when he's singing or standing in sunlight.
    Face Claim: Tristan Valdez
    personality.

Positive Traits:
    -Intuitive
    -Hardened
    -Curious
    -Honest

Negative Traits:
    -Sarcastic
    -Jaded
    -Foolish
    -Selfish

Likes: Sour Candy, Wolf-Dogs, Drinking Water, Intricate Sounds
    Dislikes: Lazily Hidden Lies, Loneliness, Abrupt Fighting, Deceit indirectly involving him
    Hobbies: Archery Training, Singing, Divination(Runes)
    Skills: Combat Prowess, VERY Low-Level Object Creation from Prose Singing, Acrobatics
    Quirks: Knuckle cracking, twisting his hair as he reads
    Fears: Primordial Darkness, Losing his mind completely to Bauldr when Ragnorok does come

School Life
    Grade: Freshman
    Clubs: Archery Club, Mythos Gladiators, Mythos Choir, Fight Club
    Dorm: Viribus
-->
-->
code by @Nano
-->

Last edited by a moderator:
TAEVON PIERCE.
    name
    Taevon Roy Pierce.
    nickname
    "There's nun' I ain't heard before. Tae, Von, Vonnie, TP? Funny shit, man."
    Sexuality
    Heterosexual.
    p.o.b
    Detroit, Michigan.
    ethnicity
    Haitian, Nigerian.
    Languages
    French, English, Creole.
    โAs iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen his neighbor.โž
    โ€” VISAGE.

Taevon Pierce, once the star running back for Lake Orian High School, still bears many of the features earned in his football days. Standing at 6 feet 3 inches with a weight of just under 200 pounds, Tae's muscled figure is hard to miss. His broad shoulders, sharp jawline, and defined pectoral/abdominal muscles make him a man amongst children.

Taevon's skin is a smooth, chocolate hue. A few darker specs loom over his freckled cheeks, and forehead. His hair is cut short, and is lined up daily by Taevon himself. When his demigod abilities stay dormant, Taevon's eyes are hazel brown in color, and transition into a brownish-red when he is using his powers. His lips, and jaw are either clean shaven, or bear light stubble. He shaves all too much to let his hair get out of hand.
code by @Nano

• son of hela
    alexei
    goddess of death
code by valen t.

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

• Cathleen Malloy

Cathleen Malloy

Cate

โ

โž

โ™กdesign by low fidelity, coded by uxieโ™ก

Basics
Name: Cathleen Malloy
Nickname: Cate/Cath/Cat
Age (18 - 25): 21
Sexuality: Bisexual
Place of Birth: Stonington, Maine, USA
Race/Ethnicity: Irish American.

Appearance
Hair
: Red hair with a slight wave. She frequently braids it or pulls it up into a bun so it sits away from her face.
Eyes: Dark brown
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 148
Build: Cate is in good physical shape. She has an athletic build from being involved on her stepdad's fishing boat since she was a young teenager.
Skin: By nature of the weather in Stonington, Cate remains pale for most of the year. She has a lot of freckles, especially on her face and shoulders. Her face flushes very easily.
Body Mods: Her ears are pierced and she has two tattoos. On her right thigh, she has a tattoo of the Argo Navis constellation. Snaking up her left hip, she has another constellation tattoo, this time of hydra.
Distinguishing Features: Her freckles and red hair.
Face Claim: Luca Hollestelle

Personality
Positive Traits
: Confident, ambitious, empathetic, protective, funny.
Negative Traits: Recalcitrant, reckless, temperamental, competitive, stubborn.
Dislikes: Crowds, hot weather, spelunking, heights, loud environments.
Hobbies: Photography, carpentry, embroidery, playing the violin.
Skills: Sailing, close combat, rifle accuracy, basic survival skills.
Quirks: She has a habit of sliding her necklace around mindlessly and picking at her fingernails.
Fears: Claustrophobia and phagophobia.

School Life
Grade
: Sophmore
Clubs: Hunting, nature, and photography.
Dorm: Viribus

Abilities
Abilities
: Hydrokensis~ Cate has command over water. She can manipulate water as long as it is already present as she can not create it. She can alter the temperature, but she has not had any success with changing the state of matter yet. She is stronger in saltwater, although the difference isn't staggering quite yet. She can also create a bubble of oxygen if she's submerged, enabling her and others to breathe underwater.
Mariner's Blessing~ Cathleen has the ability to extend her blessing on seafaring vessels. Depending on the blessing she bestows, she could ensure a bountiful catch, calm seas, or a safe return. This also works in reverse and Cate could curse a voyage. She's only wished someone a poor catch, as she's too afraid to try the other two.
Aerokensis~ Cate has conditional control over the wind. This is by far the weakest of Cate's abilities. She only has control over the wind when in possession of her sword Fragarach, or on the open sea.
Weapon: As a gift, Cate received the legendary sword Fragarach. Fragarach went by many names, including the whisperer, or the answerer. The sword was originally forged by the gods and was meant to be wielded by kings who were coronated at the Stone of Destiny, also known as the speaking stone. It was said that when the stone roared, the sword whispered. The tales also said that if Fragarach was held up to your throat, you wouldn't be able to tell a lie. Cate's never put this to the test, but she often wonders if the reason people tell the truth when up against the blade, it's because they're hoping to alleviate their situation. No magic required.
Strengths: Swimming~ This surprises exactly no one. While she's not the fastest at swimming, she has high stamina and could swim an impressive distance.
Navigation~ A little more unusual, but she hardly ever gets lost. If she's been there at least once before, she will remember how to get there and how to get home unassisted. She also has quite the knack for celestial navigation. Her mom had an antique sextant that Cate absolutely loved to play with as a kid, eventually prompting her to check out books and study up on how to properly use it.
Sailing~ Cate grew up in a port town, practically every kid she knew growing up knew how to operate a boat. The older she got, the more and more time she spent hanging around her stepdad's lobster boat. She picked up all she knows from him and his 2 crew members.
Weaknesses: Heights~ She really isn't sure what this all about. She never really had a fear of heights until she got older. There's just something about being in high elevation that makes her chest feel tight and her body feel uneasy. She thinks it has something to do with being so far away from sea level, and in thin, dry air but she hasn't confirmed this.
Hubris~ She's full of it. Cate frequently feels unstoppable, and she acts like it. Her reckless attitude puts her in situations she's far from equipped for.
Stragitizing under pressure~ When the going gets tough, Cate absolutely can not form a coherent plan. She relies purely on past experiences and gut instinct without thinking of the consequences. This is particularly unhelpful is she is put into a new and stressful situation where she doesn't have that prior knowledge to fall back on. Any attempt she makes at trying to formulate a plan on the spot ends with her paralyzed by anxiety and panic.

History
Child/Descendant of:
Lir
Demigod or Legacy: Demigod
Where did they have their vision?: It was right after Cate had finished high school. It was her second season working as a lifeguard at her local beach. It was still very early in June and it wasn't quite peak tourist season yet. She was off duty at the time and was getting reacquainted with the practice drills and swimming a good bit away from the shore. It was just approaching high tide and the wind was really kicking that day. Cate had completed a couple of laps already and was gearing up for just one more. She was maybe halfway to the distance goal when she was caught by a strong undertow and was pulled below the waves. Rather than feeling panic, Cate felt oddly relaxed. She wasn't being pulled out to sea, and she wasn't being pulled under anymore. Her mouth and nose were being covered by an air bubble. It felt like the white noise of the water was speaking to her, and she somehow understood what the sea wanted her to know.
Backstory: Named after her late grandmother, Cathleen was the first daughter of Ms.Piper Malloy. It was just the two of them for the first five years of Cate's life, and they managed alright. Piper had inherited her parent's home in Stonington, Maine, and they were doing okay for themselves. Piper ran a strict home, but Cathleen never doubted the fact that she was loved. It wasn't long after Cate turned five that her mom started dating again and local lobsterman Ben Anderson came into their lives. He was also a single parent and had a son, Liam, age 6, and a daughter, Nina, age 3. He was very good to Piper, and the kids took to this change rather well. Piper and Ben were married within a year of dating, they always said: "if you know, you know." Piper and Cate's small family had now doubled in size. There were some growing pains for the first 6 months or so, but the benefit of the kids being so young was that they were fairly adaptable. After being married for 2 years, Piper and Ben had another child, Cate's half-sister Molly.
When Cathleen was around nine or ten, she started to refer to Ben as her father but was always very aware that she was not biologically related to him. Whenever she pressed her mother for details about her biological dad, her mother would change the subject or blow the question off. One night after a holiday party at their home, Piper had a bit too much to drink and had told Cate that they had met abroad when she was in Ireland and that he'd never leave the sea. Cathleen took this to mean that he was either a fisherman or a sailor.
By the time Cate was a young teenager, it was obvious to anyone who had met the girl more than once that she was meant for the water. She was the strongest swimmer in her family, and her stamina was unmatched. She took to competitive sailing like a champ. She loved being out on the open water, relying only on herself and her equipment. Cate also took an intense interest in going out on the water with her stepdad and became a huge nudge about it until she was finally allowed. She was a natural on the ship. Once something was shown to her, she had no issue repeating the process. She was still fairly small so she was mostly relegated to easier tasks. It was around this time she came across her mother's antique sextant and began becoming interested in celestial navigation.
Things carried on without issue for a long time. Cate did alright in high school. She did slightly better than average when she put her all into it, but she wasn't at the top of the class. She split her summers working on her stepdad's boat with her stepdad and stepbrother, lifeguarding at the shore, and going on frequent camping trips with the whole family. It was a summer that felt no different from all the other ones when Cathleen had found out the truth about her lineage. The moment she had gotten home from the ordeal at work, she confronted her mother with her newfound information. Piper verified Cate's story. Cate sat on the information for a while before deciding that she wanted to go find some answers, and knew she'd get them at the school.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back