• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Caelkirk City Metahuman Collective

Nue

THE METAHUMAN COLLECTIVE
「superhero ∙ open ∙ 」

At about 3:41 am, on the morning of May the 19th, 2020, the first reports about the explosion begin rolling in.

In every single report, there are a few observable similarities. For one, despite them coming from areas all over the city, all claim that they heard it 'as if it was right behind them', 'as if it were inside their head', 'as if it were just outside'.

After this, they felt immediate fatigue and nausea. All posit that they did not technically see the explosion, only a flash of light, but are certain it occurred.

Most confusingly, only a select few appear to have experienced this - the following morning, the overwhelming majority of people seem unaware of the event. The local news discuss it, it becomes a short-lived internet mystery, and many seem shaken by it, but without any real explanation or even proof that it happens it quickly fades from the public's mind, dismissed as a strange case of folie à deux.

And then, footage surfaces on the internet of a young girl sailing through the air as if she were flying, seemingly without the use of any props. Just before this is dismissed as a hoax, reports come in of a man robbing a bank and threatening the tellers not with a gun, but fire - summoned directly from his hands. And it just keeps going: a child summoning electricity in the middle of a playground, a lanky teen picking up a car with his bare hands and tossing it across a street. No one knows exactly what is happening, but one thing is clear: this is no hoax.

There perhaps was an attempt to suppress this information, but the sudden outbreak of meta-humans in an otherwise unremarkable city is not something you can just keep shushed. Within mere days, the world is abuzz about the apparent surfacing of real, bonafide superheros. And, just like you'd see in the pages of a comic book, these meta-humans begin adopting anonymous, masked personas that become famous in their own right. Some form tight knit groups, sharing their identities only with those they trust. Some become lone wolves, not revealing themselves to any body. Some become 'protectors of justice', scaring off petty criminals, whilst others use their abilities to bend the law to their will. Some do nothing at all, scared of the power they wield and what it could do.

A few months in, a rumour begins to spread across these metahuman circles. A rumour that at a certain date, at a certain time, at a certain location, one metahuman is calling for all interested participants to come together and form a unified group. No need to demask right away, no need to make any huge promises, just turn up and meet your fellow 'superheros'. Some are wary, but with the general public somehow seemingly unaware of this rumour, many see this as a chance to connect and do something good.

And so with that in mind, on that day, they gather at the location, anxious to see what the meeting will bring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I know that was a long read!

The TLDR of this roleplay is that your characters are all imbued with individual superheros after an 'explosion' that only they appeared to have heard. In an effort to create some sort of superhero collective, an anonymous person invites all meta-humans to meet together and discuss this. They're in the early days of their superpowers, where this is still fun and novel, and not everyone has realised the possibility that them gaining these powers was a mistake that someone seeks to correct. But very soon, they will learn that banding together may be their best survival strategy.

the general rules -

◊ - There's no set rule for response length - ideally responses are 1-2 paragraphs, but if you're in a situation where you can't reach that, don't stress - just make sure your response in some way adds to or pushes the story forward a little.
◊ - 3 characters max.
◊ - If you want to use a face claim, any type is okay. I would say try to keep them on the realistic side of the spectrum though - even though we're playing superheros, their regular appearances are normal when they're not using their powers. (So you can use drawn, anime, ect. faceclaims, but just don't give them nekomimis and such lol)
◊ - Please try to be active, and communicate with the other players OOC as well.
◊ - If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them!

characters: Realistic or Modern - The Caelkirk City Metahuman Collective - Character Sheets
OOC: Realistic or Modern - The Caelkirk City Metahuman Collective - OOC

template by astraea

Last edited:
Sounds pretty neat. Might not join because I‘m on the busy side these days, but you certainly have my interest and my attention.

character sheets!
and
ooc!

◊ - If you want to use a face claim, any type is okay. I would say try to keep them on the realistic side of the spectrum though - even though we're playing superheros, their regular appearances are normal when they're not using their powers. (So you can use drawn, anime, ect. faceclaims, but just don't give them nekomimis and such lol)
Wait a minute, does this mean no physical mutations?

Wait a minute, does this mean no physical mutations?
I'm okay with physical mutations, I think just not ones that would give them away as a metahuman immediately (so maybe they have mutations that only occur whilst their power is active, or ones that are easily hidden). I say this only because, without spoiling too much, if you're visibly a metahuman and they can see your real identity you would get killed off pretty quickly.

I'm okay with physical mutations, I think just not ones that would give them away as a metahuman immediately (so maybe they have mutations that only occur whilst their power is active, or ones that are easily hidden). I say this only because, without spoiling too much, if you're visibly a metahuman and they can see your real identity you would get killed off pretty quickly.
If it's for plot reasons, I guess I can deal.

bump!!~
also those who are interested, don't forget to check out the character sheets thread and the ooc ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back