• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Pestilence: Has power over disease. Whomever this horseman touches will immediately become ill or it will take effect over time. Anyone can become ill by this horseman, even demons and angels including Lucifer.

When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come.” And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

War: This horseman's strength is almost unbeatable. This horseman can cause a battle between even the best of friends. If decided to, War can turn any emotions to anger and is the second hardest horseman to battle.

When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.”

Famine: Will cause starvation and drought. In any area where Famine is present, no crops will grow and any lake or pond will dry up within a time. You will notice the people in the area have suddenly become thinner and weaker, and this horseman has the power to consume any living creature, sucking them dry until they are weak with Famine.

When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Death: The final horseman, Death is the deadly combination of all the horseman and holds the fate of everything living in its hands. This is the one horseman that you cannot escape, for Death is everywhere and will always catch you. The single touch of Death is enough to stop the heart, and if Death were to touch an angel or demon then they would not die necessarily, but they will be wounded. This is the strongest horseman, and will ultimately decide if the end is fated to come or not.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************
The time has come
As predicted, the Apocalypse is upon us at last. A traitor has broken the seven seals and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have been released and now walk this Earth among us. Only the forces of the pure and mighty are able to fight this new threat. God has sent his angels to protect his children from the wicked intentions of his once beloved son Lucifer, to keep him from causing the deaths and extinctions of the humans race.
Which side shall you be on? Will you protect God's creatures, and fight the demons who dare interfere with life and change Fate, or will you be on the side of Lucifer, and fight for the death of every human being who walks this Earth. The fight has begun...

Name(s):
Biography:
For the Horsemen:Drink of choice:

(I encourage everyone to think outside of the box for this one! Biblical characters are more than welcome here, and I hope everyone enjoys!)

Attachments

• horsemen.jpg
    horsemen.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2
Alias/name: Death, the final Horseman of the Apocalypse

Species: Horseman

Gender: Does death have a gender? Oh fine, for this era Death has chosen a female form in this reincarnation

Appearance: Appears to human eye as a petite woman with very pale skin cold to the touch, icy blue eyes and hair as white as her skin.

Powers: The mere touch of the icy hand of Death is enough to stop the heart. her word is law, if it is fated that you shall perish, it is highly unlikely you can escape the icy grip of Death on your shoulder.

Bio:When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

— Revelation 6:7-8˄

Death is the final horseman of the Apocalypse, bringing Hades the keeper of the dead along with his rise, it shall be known that the moment Death walks this Earth...it shall be no more

Extra: In the human form, Death appears to be a very petite, very fragile looking young woman who moves with a deathly grace. Her skin is ice cold to the touch and a single touch of her hand upon the skin is enough to stop any beating heart.

Drink of choice: Red wine, merlot if you have it

Attachments

• Death2.jpg
    Death2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 0
Name(s): Sisceal Anderson
Species: Human prophet

Power(s): Forseeing possible future outcomes and some smaller miracle work of healing, fertility and growth. His own wounds heal unnaturally fast and he can take on the wounds of others if dire.

Appearance: A 6ft 5 lean and well built man. Silvery white hair often in a frumpy pompadour on the best days. His eyes are heterochromatic, with one being a deep lust red and the other a soft blue.
Many think he can see heaven in one and hell in the other. But its only a strange case of albinism as such with his hair color for his age.

Biography: In his younger years he trained diligently to become a priest in a smaller branch of the Vatican, but ultimately was stripped of all titles after being found having a trist in the church gardens, which just so happened to result in a child with the daughter of a highly notable man. Who proceeded to mar his name whenever he could. Not very hard with the unchecked vices of a rowdy young adult.
However, recent circumstances in the past few yeard have brought him right back into the church. As they have gotten wind of his abilities and look to extort it as much as they can for a leg up anywhere they can.
Drink of choice: whiskey generally but he's not picky.

Attachments

• 20181023_011903.jpg
    20181023_011903.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Name/alias: Wrath/the first cardinal sin

Species: demon

Power(s):
-can make a man go mad with rage with a single touch. If wrath dictates it, your mind belongs to him
-can breathe fire
-inhuman strength
Biography: Before the four horsemen ride, the seven deadly sins create chaos on earth, trying to draft as many people as they can according to their sin. Being in the very presence of wrath causes uncharacteristic anger in humans. The seven deadly sins are what make people go to hell and come judgment day many will because of them.

Drink of choice: vodka (although he often stays away from alcohol, too flammable.)

kskdksd.jpg
~~~~~~~~~
Name/alias: Pestilence, the first horseman

Species: horseman

Appearance:
93FBED88-AEB2-4D3D-8121-83806C4FBFEA.jpeg
Powers:
With a mere wave of his hand, cities could fall into disease and be wiped out within days. If it is his decision, you could fall ill to a disease that is incurable by modern medicine.

Bio: ‘Then I saw when the lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come." I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.’
-revelation 6:1-2
Pestilence is the first horseman of the apocalypse. When Pestilence rides, the human body will turn against its own occupant and tear it down from the inside...

Drink of choice: White wine, he isn’t the picky sort though.

Last edited:
Name/alias: Wrath/the first cardinal sin

Species: demon

Power(s):
-can make a man go mad with rage with a single touch. If wrath dictates it, your mind belongs to him
-can breathe fire
-inhuman strength
Biography: Before the four horsemen ride, the seven deadly sins create chaos on earth, trying to draft as many people as they can according to their sin. Being in the very presence of wrath causes uncharacteristic anger in humans. The seven deadly sins are what make people go to hell and come judgment day many will because of them.

Drink of choice: vodka (although he often stays away from alcohol, too flammable.)

View attachment 664875
accepted!

"Hush my child...it'll be over soon..."
The calm voice swept over the dying woman, wrapping her in a blanket of icy air as she lay there, dying in the street. Her blood was soaking the ground, her side nearly ripped open and glass shards inside the wound and on the ground beside her. She had been in an awful car wreck, thrown from her vehicle through the windshield and now she lay in a puddle of her own blood, grasping for life and gasping for every breath she could possibly take. But the icy voice that had sounded...was that just her imagination, or a hallucination? It had not been, it hadn't been either.
Soon a petite figure hovered over the dying woman, a pale icy hand reached out and smoothed a stray hair from the woman's face, and she understood now that she lay there, staring into the face of Death. The woman who stood above her with that calming voice and soft touch had such a gentle expression on her pale face. Her eyes glowed a beautiful bright silver, her pure white hair whipped around her as the icy wind continued to blow, not that the woman felt it. This woman...she looked so calm and peaceful, when would she feel that way again. The hand that pushed the hair out of her face now hovered just above her cheek, and Death spoke again.
"You will be at peace now Sarah, just close your eyes and let me embrace you."
The woman did as she was told, and a peaceful smile graced her blue lips as she finally closed her eyes, and the moment she did, Death placed her icy hand to her cheek, and Sarah Humphrey's suffering had ended. The corpse now lay there, a frozen calm smile on its face, and Death reached out and caressed her features once more before standing and walking away from the body. Sarah had been fated to die that day, as had many others. Morana, as she would be called in this human state, would be visiting many more that night as their fates caught up to them. Many would fight it, much like Sarah had, but no one can ever run from Death.
She left the scene, hearing sirens and ambulances rushing to the scene, but it was far too late. Sarah had been claimed already, and so would many others. She knew that the end was near...and she would reap every soul that was fated to die on that fateful day. Being the bringer of demise, Death had no choice but to end the lives of the many...but she too feared that the end would bring so much more. Fate was such a gentle and delicate timeline, and those who tried cheating their destiny would meet death sooner than they ever expected.
The pale horseman looked back, those glowing silver eyes surveying the area, before she turned, another icy wind roared through, and she vanished without a trace, moving on to reap the next poor soul doomed to be touched by her icy hand..

GreedyBoy GreedyBoy Axeykins Axeykins

“Jeesus that took longer than the last one…desperate old bastards.. “ Sisceal sighed heavily to himself as he lit up a cigarette, asthma be damned, he needed a relaxer and needed it now. Leaning lackadaisically against the doorframe to one of the many grand looking cathedrals in town and took a very very long drag from it. Finally freed from another so called ‘prayer’ session or whatever it was. They all wanted for him to stay longer and simply ‘try harder’, ‘ dig and look in deeper’ somehow. He was too sober to deal with this shit anymore today. They only cared now that word of his own little gift had gotten out. Of course he was important and beloved now.

But it never worked as they wanted. Least not the visions. Never had and never would no matter how much they pushed him to his limits, screamed and pouted. No matter what lengthy prayer and meditation sessions or testing and experimentation they did it was all in vain. He could see things. A lot of things, different paths winding about and outcomes. Never upon command but more a sudden flooding downpour. Some clear as day others like looking through a muddy pond.

After taking another drag from the cigarette and a few more minutes to loiter he finally straightened himself up and parted ways with the old building. It was time for a treat after that. Pausing suddenly with a small gasp as he was about to cross the street, his eyes going wide. He pulled his foot back an inch or so, hesitating the next step forward as a vision painting the street red before him struck. Just in the nick of time to avoid a rush of emergency vehicles blaring by. Whipping his silvery white hair up in a flurry and his heart beating painfully against his ribcage with how close he’d come to them. He quickly dashed across the roadway in a stunned stupor. He was getting far too old for this level of so called excitement.

Wrath growled under his breath, walking through the darkened street. The only light came from the cigarette that he held between his sneering lips. His hands were shoved in his pockets. He paused and inhaled deeply. He knew that smell. It was a smell he knew all too well. Decay. A dead body. He smirked softly. It seemed death was at it again. He walked past a group of men, laughing and smoking outside a pub. One by one they each became overwhelmed with an odd feeling of anger. They began to shove each other, muttering in annoyance. It escalated into a all out brawl. Wrath simply kept walking.

He didn’t know how long he walked for or where he was going. Money wasn’t a problem. To a demon, money was simply particles strung together that humans used as currency. Greed maybe saw it as something more than that.
He passed a young couple, giggling and sitting on a staircase. He paused and smiled at the boy, ‘nice night out isn’t it?’ He ruffled the boy’s hair. It was all so fast. A scream of rage, a scream of terror, a neck snapping and a soft thud. His girlfriend lay there, in his lap, dead. The boy realised what he’d done and began to cry. Wrath crouched down, grabbing the boy’s face with his hand and forcing him to look up at him, ‘Do you want me to put you out of your misery?’ The boy looked up at him, eyes still blurry with rage. Before he knew what was happening, he slammed his own head into the wall, hitting it so hard, he just fell, dead. His head bloody. Wrath didn’t even have to do it. Well he did but he couldn’t make humans do anything they didn’t want to do. He continued walking. Ambulances and police cars sped by him. He didn’t have much to do. He wasn’t meeting any of the sins tonight. He might as well see what they had done now. He wandered down the street. To anyone else he might have seemed like your average man going out for a calm evening stroll. This couldn’t be more different. This wasn’t a man at all. This was a writhing, screaming mass of pure rage condensed into a human body.
His blood red eyes glimmered in the streetlight as he watched the scene before him. The ambulances, the horribly mangled car and the equally mangled woman. Wrath sighed in annoyance. If only death had let him get here first. Then the woman would go to hell. Well that depended on who the woman was in life- he stopped himself. Overthinking again. He looked around but death had already moved on. He flicked the cigarette on the floor and lit a new one with a single breath. The flame lit up his harsh face and his eternal sneer of anger for just a moment before dying.

"You are worse than my brother."

A fog slowly began to settle in the area, surrounding the first responders and humans along to the side, watching as they failed again and again to revive the woman laying on the ground. Irritation gleamed within their eyes, flashlights and phone began to illuminate the area, all from desperate bystanders and technicians desperate to see what was going on. To the humans, it was just a late night mist, however none could hear the whisper of the voice as it traveled to the demon of sin before it. No human could hear Death's voice as it demanded an audience with Wrath himself.

"My my...seems a Sin in the flesh is loose again. Tell me, do you enjoy making our work more difficult?"The sneer came with a ghostly laugh, and finally those sharp icy blue eyes appeared before him, and slowly Death began to materialize in front of the demon. No expression on her icy face, as she eyed him intently. Her eyes remained blank and void of emotion, her white hair whipping around her as if she herself were a spirit rather than the primordial being all living creatures feared in the end. "War has not begun his rampage through this world yet. Wrath, the original Sin, born of anger between brothers, why are you here?" She questioned, already knowing the answer, but curiosity plagued the being.

Along with the demon. Death sensed another creature, this one human. But this human...intelligent. She would have to be careful in her ventures now. She had planned to move along with the humans, never seen. If she was seen by one, well...it would change a lot of things. She couldn't take that chance.

Axeykins Axeykins GreedyBoy GreedyBoy

Flicking his cigarette butt to the side Sisceal continued down the sidewalk towards his preferred post preaching watering hole. Now that his pulse was back to normal. It was several blocks down when he spotted it. Laying upon his usual path to the bar was a horribly gruesome sight to behold. A young man and young woman laying dead. One in a pool of blood and the other with their neck snapped in an unnatural position. The Hell had even happened? There was no sign of a struggle or fight beforehand. No scrapes or bruises or disheveled clothing. It sent a shiver down his spine. He would never be able to catch a glimpse of anything in the past no matter how hard he focused but he could tell something was off about this scene. Something more than a sudden madness striking these two.
Heaving our a heavy solemn sigh he knelt down beside them. Giving the police a quick call before performing some last rights. The very faintest light green ethereal glow of healing and comfort coming from his hands as he focused. Hoping for forgiveness and salvation for these two souls. Probably a moot point coming from an excommunicated priest but it was something, right? He always kept a hope that the gesture could win some favor from the big guy above and save someone in some way. It was the least he could do in this situation.

The sin of Wrath simply watched as the fog began to curl and coil around his feet. If the fire of rage didn’t constantly burn within him, death’s voice may have sent a shiver down his spine, ‘Oh death, course I do.’ He smirked slightly, ‘I’m not exactly here in aid of you. I’m simply doing what I’ve been told to do.m Wrath simply blew smoke out his nose. Whether it came from the cigarette or the sin himself was hard to tell, ‘and you know that I am well occupied before war rides. My brothers and sisters in arms are all...occupied.’ He showed no fear in the face of death himself mainly because he was incapable of feeling such an emotion. He took the cigarette from his lips, however, as a weak show of respect for the horseman, ‘We must send as many humans as we can to,’ he paused, ‘the boss.’ He was, of course, referring to the devil himself.

The sin looked at the scene before him, ‘y’know,’ he mused, ‘I haven’t seen your brother recently.’ He raised the cigarette to his lips and blew smoke out his nose once again, ‘War and I really do work well together.’ He paused, burning eyes flicking back to meet Death’s cold ones, ‘Have you claimed those poor bastards back there?’ He nodded his head towards where he had come from, ‘snapped his own lover’s neck.’ He smirked and his ruby eyes flashed at the thought, ‘how terrible. Wish I could’ve done something about it.’

Death remained cold and emotionless as the demon taunted her, and watched the red flash across his eyes. It seemed as though bloodlust simply lived in this being, and that is something she could not tolerate. "I am not my brother Wrath," she began, and a single dainty eyebrow raised as she walked around the demon, eyeing him carefully as she took in his human form. Nothing seemingly threatening, he blended in well. Perhaps she could take advice from this, maybe be able to walk among the humans easier if she too took a less...corporeal form. Though she knew within an instant, that Wrath was lying to her, also something she did not tolerate in the least.

"Of course you know of the humans deceased, you're the one who corrupted them." Her voice traveled around, still like a whisper as the fog and mist held high in the air. "I do not tolerate lying demon, in any way. Those humans were innocent, barely out of their youth. They didn't have the tolerance to deal with your power yet." She accused, and then stood in front of him once more, those icy blues eyes settling in a low stare, one could even say you could sense a mild irritation within the being, from the blatant disrespect that Wrath showed her. "You will not continue to kill these humans before my brothers are raised. That is not your place. You will leave them be, or you will deal with me directly."

Wrath stood his ground as she circled him. He let out a low chuckle, ‘oh come now death I’ve known you for millennia yet you still can’t take a joke.’ He held her gaze still, ‘you know I have nothing but the upmost respect for you.’ His voice could only be described as angry. It was odd. He constantly sounded angry, as was to be expected, but it was like he was constantly on the edge of completely losing it. Wrath, despite his name, never seemed to lose control often. When he did, the world trembled. Now however, he was as calm as he could be. Death had the element of calm around her that he never did.
When she threatened him, Wrath only let out another amused chuckle, ‘and what? Upset the balance completely?’ He blew smoke out the side of his mouth as to not get it in her face, ‘Death I’m certainly not worth a few, insignificant souls.’ He grinned cockily, ‘I’m worth a lot more than that. If I cause an entire county to turn against each other without your brother here, you have every reason to throw back to hell from whence I came.’ He flicked the burnt out cigarette onto the floor, ‘but a few souls really isn’t worth it.’ He put his hands in his pockets, ‘besides I can’t start a war without your brother to carry it on.’ He shrugged.

If Death had been able to feel emotion, she would've felt pure annoyance. This demon tested her, damned if not worse than her brothers did constantly. He was correct, a handful of souls wouldn't cause a major shift in the balance, however she couldn't take that risk, not now at least. Since the 7 seals had been broken, she knew not by who yet, her and her brothers would soon have to march across the land. But perhaps they didn't.

"You will respect the balance Wrath. Two souls will not tip, but you tend to get...out of control." Even worse than War even at times. The sins had been banished from roaming the Earth due their major influence on the creatures, but Wrath was the most dangerous. While he himself could control his own anger, it was his power. Humans were weak,and even being the presence of a Sin could tear them apart. Literally. "Humans are weak darling demon, shouldn't you be back under, doing the bidding of your so called Master?" It would've been the obvious choice to assume Lucifer himself had broken the seals...but perhaps not. That is what she had yet to discover. "Perhaps it is time for you to return to the pits."

It took what felt like an eternity but he was able to clear things up with police enough to be allowed to leave. He truly hadn't seen or heard a single thing, only happened upon it. Sighing in relief he stuffed his hands in his pockets an sauntered on. Damn what a day and a far too long one at that. It was a hard toss up between which would strike first in knocking him out, the whiskey or pure exhaustion.

On his continued path down the sidewalk he spied two figures in front of him. Looked like they were in the midst of a conversation. Not unusual in the city but something about them piqued his curiosity. He wound up staring at them for the longest time trying to deduce what it was that was so....wrong as he moved forward absentmindedly. Drawn forward by pure instinct. They both looked normal to him at first glance but there was a feeling in the pit of his stomach. Made his stomach churn uneasily. And only growing even worse the closer he got. With anxious shaky hands he quickly decided to pull out another cigarette. Force his eyes away and pretend like nothing was happening as he approached. He heard nothing and he saw nothing. Only glancing up at the two of them for a second as he passed. Which in all was a bad move, though not particularly. intentional. The second his eyes looked at them he was hit with a torrent of several brief flashes of visions. All of horrific scenes, he didn't need long at all to comprehend that much. They didn't go on for long either but were enough of a shock to damn near make him inhale his cigarette with the gasp of air he took in. "S'cuse me, sorry." He wheezed painfully as he pushed his way past even faster.

north_by_wlop_d8rdtjk-fullview.jpgJophiel landed on the top of one of the skyscrapers that overlooked the entire city. She quickly took in her surroundings. The city itself was beautiful. Humans could make marvelous structures and invent things that were nothing short of amazing. But now wasn't the time for the Archangel to sit and be awestruck. She was here for another reason. Jophiel tracked something here. An evil presence. She couldn't stop the seals from being broken but God had showed her another purpose.

Keep humanity from destruction. It was one of her primary duties Jophiel took on once human kind stepped foot on Earth. Many angels detested humans. Didn't like the fact that God favored them above the angels. But many of the angels didn't observe the humans either. Sure, there were bad deeds many could do but it paled in comparison to the good humanity had done over the millennia of their existence. Jophiel had been amongst the humans since day one of their conception. And she was with them now in the time of great peril.

She could sense two ancient powers. One was very familiar and existed before even Jophiel, herself. The other was almost a stench that was overpowering. The angel looked down towards the source and saw Wrath and Death conversing. Jophiel didn't like the look of it. In an instant Jophiel was on the ground next to the two. A man with a curious aura was walking away and Jophiel made a note to possibly keep an eye on him in the future. There weren't many humans that possessed that type spirit. At least not in this country. Jophiel turned her attention to the two immortal beings before her.

"I second that notion." Jophiel replied adding onto the last phrase Death said. "I guess the seal being broken has made demons think they are free to explore the land above their realm?"

The demon sin eyed the man as he walked away. Something was odd about him. He brushed the thought away. He'd take care of him later.
He instead turned his attention to the angelic being before him.
It was common knowledge that demons weren't supposed to like angels. It came with the job and the horns, really. So the appearance of the Archangel unsettled the demon.
Wrath scoffed at her, ‘oh please. I’m not going under until all of humanity goes under with me.’ He growled, ‘Me and my fellow sins have worked far too hard to see humanity fall only to be pushed to the side when the time comes. Believe me, I will be there when you ride and assist your brother during it. After that,’ he ran a hand through his hair, ‘I will finally rest.’ He paused, eyeing Death carefully, 'and who's to say I'm not doing my master's bidding up here?' He gestured around. He paused and eyes the two beings, carefully, ‘my brothers and sisters in arms have been allowed to roam since the seals have been opened so long as we keep the balance.’ He thought for a moment and turned back to death, ‘are you aware of if any of your brothers have been released yet?’ He was clearly wondering if war had. To say War and Wrath simply got along was an understatement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back