• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Breathtaking World Of Acheron (Interest Check)

StoneyJr

Lord Partridge 2nd
Acheron is a world like no other. A vast plane filled with beautiful cities and extraordinary beings. Alas, this is not a perfect world, but nowhere ever is. That, my friend, is where you come in. There is no plot to this story, no goal, no enemy. There is but one sure thing. The player.

Should you choose to be good, you could venture forth into the world, trying to make it a better place to live. You can fight creatures that were created in the deepest, darkest depths of your imagination. Or you could even stay in a city, or town. Buy a home. Raise the family you have always longed for.

Should you choose to be evil, you can spend your time working towards the domination of a nation. You could rampage through a small, innocent town. You could wage a war to enslave a city.

Anything could be possible in this wonderous world.

This RP has the possibility to become huge, the ability to grow, and flourish into something truly beautiful.

Rules -

1. 3 Line minimum in each post.

2. No Out Of Character talk in the In Character Sections.

3. No Mary Sues.

4. No God Modding.

5. RPNation Rules Apply.

6. If relations are made, please Fade To Black.

7. Please be respectful towards your fellow players, and admin.

8. Please try not to make any grammatical errors.

We hope you're interested in our RP! Thanks for stopping by!

What world? There's basically nothing here but 'do anything you want'.

You'll need to elaborate on Acheron, its inhabitants, and any magical/scientific curiosities.

Okay my dear. I think this is fabulous. Wonderful work on setting up the thread. Now just to see if other people beyond the two of us are interested in this.

Okay, this thread was more of a test run, and we obviously have some more details to add! So we'll try and make up a new thread, with a little more detail, and post it here when it's done!

Grey said:
What world? There's basically nothing here but 'do anything you want'.
You'll need to elaborate on Acheron, its inhabitants, and any magical/scientific curiosities.
Acheron gives the people the ability to wield magic that has classifications as follows:

Classes:

Elementalist (Earth, Fire, Water, Air Magic)

Warrior (Swords, Shields... etc)

Necromancer (Dark Magic/Undead Magic)

Guardian (Defensive Magic)

Ranger (Archer/Beast master)

Engineer (Machines/Advanced Weapons)

Thief/Assassin (Their Names Say It All)

Cleric (Warrior Monk)

Mesmer (Illusion Magic)

Bard (Musical Magic)

There are Professions in the World of Acheron, they offer the characters the ability to explore the world, work in this world and to live as a part of this world.

Armorsmith (Armors)

Weaponsmith (Weapons)

Huntsman (Leatherwork, Archery Supplies)

Chef/Baker (Foods)

Jeweler (Jewelery)

Mage (Magic Material/Enchantments)

Alchemist/Healer (Alchemical Potions/Or Healing Magics)

Tailor (Clothing)

Soldier (Military)

Diplomat (Diplomacy First)

Government (Works in the Governments)

Bard (Musical Entertainment)

The sentient races of Acheron vary immensely. The Continent of Styx is inhabited by beastmen, humanoids with distinct features of animals. Ranging from the proud and isolationist Avians to the big and bulky Ursine, to the loyal and cunning Canine.

Beastmen:

Avians (Birdlike)

Ursine (Bears)

Canine (Wolves Only)

Feline (Lions, Tigers, Jaguars, and Panthers Only)

Serpents (Snakes)

On the Continents of Albion, Aurora and Trinity the races are more varied as there are Humans and Elves, though each has subsets and classifications of their race. They are as follows:

Elves:

Snow Elves

Wild Elves (Think Ayleids from ES)

Sun Elves (Elves that live in the Deserts)

Dark Elves

Sylvan Elves (Tree Elves)

High Elves

Orcs (ES series)

Dwemer (Dwarves from ES series)

Sea Elves (Merfolk)

Humans:

Teiren -- Far Eastern Peoples (Japanese and Chinese)

Sindari -- Imperialists (Roman and Greek)

Joriin -- Desert Peoples (Egyptians and Ottoman Turks)

Nordari -- Nordic People (Vikings and Saxons)

The World of Acheron itself is set in the Renaissance era, though the continent of Trinity has basic steampunk technology in regards to steam, though because Trinity is isolationist this technology is not on the other three continents. Magic runs deep through the societies and cultures of Acheron, allowing its people to thrive under harsh circumstances. The Continent of Styx is dominated by the Beastmen, while Aurora and Albion are dominated by the Human and Elven races hearing only myths come from Styx. Trinity is... well special in that it is isolationist and rather uninterested in the greater world.

While the characters have the ability to live in this world and help shape it, ultimately the world continues to move on, as all worlds do. It is ever evolving, as politics and intrigue may force nations to go to war, your Bakery or Inn may get pillaged or burned to the ground or you may be summoned to do battle in the war. At the same time you may work your way up through the ranks of Government to become a trusted adviser, you may attempt to launch a coup to place yourself on the throne and lead the nation. The choices and opportunities are rather boundless so long as they are consistent and planned out. We hereby invite you to come and join us in the wonderful world that is Acheron!

4B3QbPe.png

And presumably the two of you will be arbitrating success and failure while managing the various persons, factions, and phenomena out of the control of most players?

I assume each Class, Profession, and Race will have more information available once you set the actual RP up, yes?

Grey said:
And presumably the two of you will be arbitrating success and failure while managing the various persons, factions, and phenomena out of the control of most players?
I assume each Class, Profession, and Race will have more information available once you set the actual RP up, yes?
Yes to the Class, Profession and Race having more information once this is set up. (Of course input from people is appreciated and welcome)

In regards to the regulation of the things out of the control of the players yes, again the two of us (though ideally a third person would be welcomed) would be regulating those instances that players would not be able to control.

Ok— I'm really not big on set races, but I am interested in this RP.

*any reptilian races other than snakes?*

Abyss said:
Ok— I'm really not big on set races, but I am interested in this RP.
*any reptilian races other than snakes?*
You are more than welcome to make your own race and submit them to us for review. Just make sure to include the name of the race, whether they would fit under Human, Elf or Beastmen if none then specify. We will need appearance, and maybe architecture, because they may get a nation to revolve around them.

Obnoxious said:
Sounds awesome! I'd love to join!
You would be more than welcome.

Thank you ^^

* also what is the character limit?*

Abyss said:
Thank you ^^
* also what is the character limit?*
Most likely two. Though that is not set in stone. We will require a "sample" RP post so as to understand your writing quality and if you are good then two would be allowed. This is to ensure quality of posts.

Sounds interesting. But why the only specific kinds of canines and felines for the beast folk?

MrMopp said:
Sounds interesting. But why the only specific kinds of canines and felines for the beast folk?
Well we have really only thought about those, others are welcome. Those are just the ones we really put effort into creating. :D

My my this stokes my interest. I'll be looking over this until it gets made. Everything looks good though!

Proxy said:
My my this stokes my interest. I'll be looking over this until it gets made. Everything looks good though!
Well if people are interested then all that really needs to be done is set up a thread... We were just checking for interest. As well as input.

Maven said:
Well if people are interested then all that really needs to be done is set up a thread... We were just checking for interest. As well as input.
I just have a little question.

Is this going to be a free world RP or will there be GM direction towards a goal?

Proxy said:
I just have a little question.
Is this going to be a free world RP or will there be GM direction towards a goal?
A free world RP, there won't be an end goal. We want this world to develop and thrive giving the players creative freedom so long as it fits for the most part. There will be events and other things that will happen done by myself and StoneyJr, as GM's but they will impact localized areas and in other times the continents or world as a whole. Events from Natural Disasters, Revolutions, Assassinations and what not. However this is not some Epic Journey with an end goal in mind. :)

Ok :) well I like the amount of creative freedom that is offered, but I seriously think it needs a central plot. I'm afraid that without structure and someplace interesting to go, it will end up becoming a bunch of adventures who sit around, talk, and eat crumpets and tea, which is fine until they get bored and either make thing chaotic as they try to pull drama out of nowhere, or just stop posting

MrMopp said:
Ok :) well I like the amount of creative freedom that is offered, but I seriously think it needs a central plot. I'm afraid that without structure and someplace interesting to go, it will end up becoming a bunch of adventures who sit around, talk, and eat crumpets and tea, which is fine until they get bored and either make thing chaotic as they try to pull drama out of nowhere, or just stop posting
That is a very good point. My fellow GM and I will definitely talk about this and likely implement that.

OH and Everyone, we will also be searching for a third person to join us in the Ranks of GM, because this will be a lot to handle so if you are up to it, please contact us and we will discuss that path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back