• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Brat’s With Potential {:Arc 1:}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Japanime

✧☽ 𝒹 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 ☾✧
Arc 1: Newcomer Arc

Inside a special glass frame sat a beautiful sword. The way the sun reflected off the blade gave it a powerful shine. The shine blocked a message that was engraved into it. The sword was unique and mysterious, yet mighty and overwhelming. There was a small message near the glass case that read: “In loving memory of...

Ayame Satsuki.”

Today marked the first day of many at Satsuki High School. It was the beginning of a new, long, exciting year and there were lots of freshman who were rolling in. This is where their story starts, we’ll have to see how it ends.

Mr. Imamura & Mr. Sterling
Interaction: Each other
Mentions: N/A

kouichi-shido-13452.jpg

leeyeoung-_-4thrider.jpg

A sharply dressed man stood in front of a window, admiring the gorgeous view. “Ahhh...” The sun was up shining directly onto the school. The sky was clear and blue. Leaves excitedly danced as the wind whisked it’s way through and tickled the branches. The man in a generic black and white suit chuckled and took a sip of his coffee. The man was revealed to be Mitsuoki Imamura. “Today will be a good day.” He said with a warm smile plastered on his face. “Maybe I’ll take my class outside today or something.” At that moment, the door to the teacher’s lounge opened and in came the beast of a teacher, Mr. Sterling.

Mr. Imamura turned to look at his fellow associate. “Good morning Alkestis.” Mr. Sterling looked up at Imamura and walked towards the coffee machine. “Morning.” The man in the suit followed. “How you feeling? Ready for today?” The man with red hair begin fixing himself some coffee. “I feel fine and of course I’m ready for today. It’s not like these incoming brats would surprise me anyways.” Mr. Imamura leaned against a nearby counter and continued sipping on his coffee. “Oh don’t say things like that Al.” A smirk spread across his face. A cross-shaped intersection of veins appeared on Mr. Sterling’s forehead. He hated that name.

“Don’t call me Al.” He managed to say through gritted teeth. “Awe. After all these years of being friends, you still won’t let me call you that... Al.” “What did I just say you four-eyed bafoon?!?! Stop calling me that!!” Mr. Imamura stopped leaning against the counter, laughing and placed his empty cup in the sink. “Oh I’m just messing, Alkestis.” He smiled and looked back outside. “Well. I should probably get going to my class. Good luck.” Mr. Imamura walked out of the lounge and to his classroom where his dear students awaited him. Back at the lounge, Mr. Sterling mumbled under his breath. “I don’t need any luck.”

Lazily parked in the second to last row of Mr. Sterlings's classroom was the amorphous blob of sweater, jeans, and bedhead named Myles Ashwell. The pale boy was face down on the desk, arms folded over his messenger bag in an attempt to use it as a makeshift pillow. His clothes slightly stunk of burnt coffee with a hint of cigarette smoke.

Myles always was early, if not the first, to his morning classes; having worked or stayed up the majority of the night and into the early dawn.
The sun that crept through the windows and blanketed the classroom had a sort of vampiric energy on the poor teen, a wave of exhaustion casually bleeding through his system. Simultaneously, a pit of guilt began to weigh in his gut. He hadn't had the time to stop and greet his new roommate, let alone have a half decent conversation.

A sigh hissed through his nose as he peeled his head off of the desk as the sound of footsteps began to rhythmically clamber through the hallway. Myles lethargically sat up, rolling the sleeves of his sweater to reveal his blackened forearms and hands, before deciding against any sort of decency and laying his head back down atop his bag.

Last edited:

Odette wasn't particularly nervous for the first day of class. It wasn't her first time in a new environment with people she was supposed to get to know while being looked after by an unknown authority figure. She knew there was a high chance she would be able to make at least one friend if not more.

Opening the door to the classroom, she was met with rows of empty seats at empty desks. Unsurprising, as she was often early to everything. As her mother would say, "Early is on time, and on time is late.". What was surprising however, was that someone had managed to beat her here, as Odette spotted the sleeping person curled up at their desk.

"Ah..." She started to speak before thinking better of it. If this person was this tired, she should probably leave them be to rest. Nodding to herself at her good idea, she quickly picked a seat in the middle of the furthest left row keeping her movements quiet so as not to disturb the other.

Last edited:
Mr. Imamura's Class

Rodney WierbowskiSeated in the second row from the front by the door, a composed young man opens a leather bound notebook on the desk and idly writes a few notes with a fountain pen. His handwriting is precise but difficult to decipher as he isn't writing English or Japanese. He's wearing a well ironed dress shirt with a black jacket and trousers. He brushes a lock of lavender colored hair out of his eyes as the other students enter the classroom, sparing each of them an appraising glance with his amethyst colored eyes, then turns back to jot another note.

Larissa WierbowskiSeated in the second row from the back by the window, a bored young woman leans back in the desk with her legs sprawling underneath the desk in front of her. Her hands are folded behind her curly lavender locks and she watches the new students enter the room with sharp amethyst colored eyes. Any who meet her gaze are rewarded with a lopsided grin and a wave.

Last edited:
James Luntz
Mr. Sterling's Class

James walked in with his backpack. His mind was whirling as he kept repeating his mantra over and over again.

'Okay, do I have my notes. Yes. Textbook. yes. Pens. Yes. Paper. Yes. Sword. yes.'

James glanced up at some of the students who had arrived before very many people. He tried to sit somewhat near the front so that he could hear what the teacher was saying in case he was quiet (he had nearly failed one class after sitting so far back he could hardly hear the teacher....) deciding to sit in the second row near the middle. Notes were required for him.

He had gone over the school map meticulously and tried to memorize as much as he could, which was admittedly not that much. It definitely took him a while to memorize things...Anyway, he tried to push those thoughts away as he sat down.

He was careful to avoid making to much noise though he was a little loud. He was the only person he could see who had brought a weapon or some kind of external gear. From what he gathered from reading, not many people with potential had external weapons. Nonetheless, he tried to avoid clanking as he carefully set his bag down to the side and leaned the sword on it so he could sit down and lean back comfortably. Instantly, he sat up and began mentally going over his options.

He could bring out his textbook, but that's bad form before the teachers arrived. Best to bring out, pens and pencils. He pulled those out, set them on his desk and sat straight thinking rapidly. Did he forget his keys? Nope.

Thankfully, his dad knew a mechanic in town who was willing to give him a second hand truck years ago which allowed him to drive to school and back to the mine. This also meant that it had a pepertual dulness to the paint due to being parked right outside of a coal mine so much. He had tried to get it washed before coming but it still looked very weathered and dirty.

He also hoped Mr. Sterling wouldn't be to harsh or talk to fast. He had a hard time catching everything sometimes which made him hate talking in class so that he could take notes. He often needed to go over them over and over again to get what it took others half the time to get. He had no great hopes that this would change in potential school. So once again, taking notes on everything was required. Thankfully, he had become good at filtering out odd stories or side trails but it required a fair bit of concentration.

He sighed again, glanced at the clock and tried to keep his gaze forward as he nervously began twirling his pen. Normally he would be reading a history book or studying before class, but once again poor form on your first day. Anyway, he could only hope mr. Sterling turned out to be a good teacher......and that no one stole his truck.....

Last edited:
Alexandros Cvetkovski

A tall, tanned boy wearing a white t-shirt and beige jeans walked before the door, on his chest a small necklace with a cross was showing. He was looking at the small leaflet in his hand checking the number on the piece of paper and looking at the number near the door "Mr. Sterling's class should be here, Thank the lord I managed to find it." he muttered to himself before placing the leaflet into his duffle bag.​

In it was the items he was going to use for school and the equipment he prepared for after the class, some gym cloths, some candles and a large, sturdy book. This was Alexandros' (Note: For the future I'll just use Alexi as a nickname) first day within this school, his family applied him here and flew him all the way from Macedonia to learn how to hone the powers he had, even if they weren't all that powerful but whatever, hard work and diligence will get him far. "Man I really should stop wondering to myself and enter." he thought as he opened the door and in his accent said "Good morning!" whilst entering.

There where only three people, a boy who's head was resting on a bag on his desk, a girl who was quietly trying to not disturb the other two and another boy who was nervously twirling his pens seeming to be stressed about something. Alexandros thought for a moment before tossing his bag on a desk in the middle of the room, the bag making a thud before he turned to address the other three in a firm but enthusiastic voice "Pleasure to meet you all, I hope to get to know each other this year." before sitting on his desk and thinking to himself "Hopefully they enjoy hitting the gym! Man I must have made a good impression." He took out everything he would need for the class, pens, paper and other tools before diligently waiting for the teacher.

James Luntz
Mr. Sterling's Class

"Good morning!"

The loud greeting shocked him, making his twirl drop slightly as he turned to see a bag sailing cleanly towards a middle desk.

"Pleasure to meet you all, I hope to get to know each other this year."

He gave a slight wave as he sighed internally....Whew, he certainly looked like he could wrestle a horse. He was just glad he didn't feel the need to rough him up or anything just yet.

He turned forward so as not to attract to much attention and glanced again at the clock. He also subconsciously wiped his cheek with his arm. He had gotten into the habit to clear his face from all the coal dust that shot up when operating the drillers. Thankfully, he had checked before he got here to see if he had any coal on him. Somehow, he always managed to look a little dirty. Just the nature of living and working where he lived and worked he supposed. Thankfully, be now he was leaning back and twirling his pen slowly while the other hand rested protectively on his sword. Never leave home without or and keep it on hand and in hand as often as possible his father had said. He took the advice to heart and also made sure to wake up at four just like always did with his father to drink some morning tea. Thankfully, no chores this morning as he basically just got ready for school and headed in.

He breathed in again and glanced around. He caught a girl looking slightly nervous and disjointed. He could only grin at her and then go back to facing forward and waiting. All he could do really.....

The sudden exclamation of 'good morning' from one of the students started Myles, his head shooting up off of his bag. Bringing a blackened hand up, he wiped his eyes before stretching both arms over his head in an arching stress, a yawn pouring from his mouth.

He glanced around, odd golden eyes bouncing between the handful of bodies slowly populating the room. None of them appeared to be his roommate. Myles reached over and grabbed his messenger bag, pulling out a bottle of water, before slinging it over the back of his chair and facing the front.
Taking a swig of his drink, Myles offered a soft grin to anyone who caught his gaze.

"Good to know we have morning birds in the class. Help keep the rest of us awake."

he offered with a rough, yet gentle voice.
He placed his water at the top of his desk, before neatly folding his arms and resting back on top of the table.​

Elliot Belemon

Elliot walked towards her class, she nodded politely to anyone she met but her gaze was sharp as if she was trying to be intimidating, in truth she was just nervous but she was never good with expressing her emotion. She wore a formal attire consisted of white shirt topped with dark blue suit and black skirt. However, her backpack broke all those formal impression as its bloated and excessively large size was something that people wouldn't expect to be brought into school. Not only that but a small teddy bear occasionally peeked out from the inside and glanced at its surrounding before disappearing back deep into the backpack, just like a baby kangoroo.

She scanned her classroom, not much student yet but she noticed a particular twin sitting in front of each other. Elliot approached the rear most seat right next to the window, behind the female twin. Her most favorite spot was the one where she can observe the entire class and this seat was perfect.

She sat on the chair and pulled a lunchbox from her backpack. Her morning was very rushed since she was the only one in the house who had a habit of waking up early so she must prepare for both the breakfast and her departure to her new school. Now that she would live in the dorm, she wonders if her family would be okay without her... Ah, but grandfather said they would be okay so she must trust them. She spent the rest of her free time eating a few pieces of sandwhiches silently.

Ly
Interaction: N/A

latest

Ly looked at the teacher's name that was posted outside the classroom next to the door only for it not to match the one that read where he was supposed to be. "Yo what?! Are you freaking kidding me?!" The white-haired boy looked around frantically. "Where the hell is this class at?" Looking at some more signs posted up around the school, he tried to figure it out. He switched between his paper and the signs. Ly started down another hall in hopes of finally locating his assigned class. There it was. The teacher tag read "Alkestis Sterling". "Finally." He opened the door to the class and noticed some other people that had gotten there earlier than him.

Probably because they didn't go to two of the wrong classes beforehand. Ly immediately headed for one of the seats in the back. When he got to one, he tossed his bag on the table and fell into the chair with a sigh. "Yeesh... If finding a class was this hard, I'd hate to have to go to the bathroom." He thought to himself before leaning back in his chair and propping both feet up on his desk. "Where's the teacher? All I know is that this school better not be lame."

David Moreno
Interaction: N/A

The door swung open once more, and from behind it yet another young man strode into the classroom. He walked amongst the rows of desks with confidence. With purpose. His head held high in a way that proclaimed his arrogance to the world. Yet there was also a subtle sort of nimbleness to his steps as he carefully avoided making contact with anything or anyone that crossed his path.

Disregarding that passive expression of his, however, there were signs that David was extremely nervous. You could see it in the white-knuckled grip he had on his bag. In the tension of his jaw. In the way his eyes flitted to and fro. Signs that were easily, almost expertly, hidden by the articles of clothing and accessories that adorned his figure.

Settling into the seat at the back corner of the room, he kicked back, took a book bound in leather out of his bag and waited.

1602738582183.png
Evan
interaction: teacher? Location: Mr. Sterling class​
Evan sat at his desk twirling his hair casually it was stupidly long for a boy and a silvery black sort of color oh there where also the set of horns protruding from his head, his outfit wasn’t somewhat odd consisting of a tight-fitting sleeveless shirt, though Evan had he reasons without being indecent he kinda needed some decent surface area so he could effectively use his potentials. At the moment the boy was just bored and overall glad to hear the sound of their teacher approaching. "morning sir" Evan would say cheerfully trying to make a good first impression.

Mr. Imamura's Class
Mention(s): Ace Cream Ace Cream

Larissa WierbowskiThe young woman with lavender hair tilts her head as the quiet new student enters the classroom and takes a seat behind her - the last one in the class. For a moment, her eyes meet those of her twin brother who had glanced back at the new student. A smirk crossed her face as he quickly turned back to his notebook. That's right. Face forward. Stay out of my business. She thinks with bitter satisfaction, You know what I'll do if you don't.

"Ughhhh... What a snooze!" She says loudly as she stretches out her arms and arches her back, then she sits up and pivots around so she's sitting sidewise in her chair. Propping a foot up on the chair across the aisle, she turns to look at the new student, "I'm Larissa! What's your name?" She grins widely as she sees the lunchbox, "Oh, good idea! I should have brought some munchies too!"

Rodney WierbowskiOn the opposite corner of the classroom, the well dressed young man had watched as the new student walked in without comment. He glanced back to see where she would sit and was unhappy to meet his sister's gaze. He sighs despite himself as he turns back to his notepad and starts to write another line... His writing trails off mid-word as he thinks bitterly, Why are we in the same class again. He knew it had been a foolish hope considering their shared potential but he seethed with resentment knowing that that monster was sitting back there watching him. Waiting to pounce. It's still worth it. This school might teach me how to control my potential...and then I can turn this link off. He looks down at the growing spot of ink on the notebook, the result of his moment of distraction, and groans as he lifts the fountain pen.

Last edited:
Elliot Belemon

Elliot was still enjoying her breakfast when the student who sat in front of her decided to greet her. She wasn't prepared for social interaction so she accidentally send a glare towards the other girl. Elliot knows that she already made a promise to become a more approachable person so she tried to put up a smile, albeit what she displayed was an awkward one.

"Elliot." She replied with short answer. The teddy bear from her backpack peeked outside and stared at Larissa, based on its flapping ears it seems to be interested in Larissa but wouldn't dare to come out of the backpack yet. Meanwhile Elliot pulled another lunchbox from her backpack and gave Larissa an offer.

"Do you want some? I have lots of extra."

Kaihaku Kaihaku

Mr. Imamura's Class
Mention(s): Ace Cream Ace Cream

Larissa WierbowskiLarissa shows no outward sign of noticing the glare, she'd half expected it given the circumstances, weathering it with the same lopsided grin. She does however blink as the teddy bear peeks at her, it's movement catching her off guard.

Did that just move or I am imagining it... No, those ears are definitely moving! She thinks in the few seconds before her grin falters in complete surprise as Elliot offers her food. She'd been expecting the usual social niceties, not generosity. Larissa swallows as she scrambles to think of the right response. I don't want her to think I'm stuck up... But I don't want her to think I'm a pig.... And I just said munchies were a good idea. Crap. In the background she's aware of her twin brother's contemptuous delight in her moment of anxiety. Her resulting urge to beat him to death with a chair was enough to center her.

"Thanks Ellie! That's cool of you - what's on the menu anyway?" Larissa says as her carefree grin returns to full strength and she leans to the side to get a closer look a the teddy bear, "And what's up with, uh, your friend there? It's adorabearle. Get it? Adorabearle? Because it's a cute bear. She laughs loudly at her wordplay. As usual, her fallback plan was to distract from any awkwardness with a dumb joke.

Last edited:
James Luntz
Mr. Sterling's Class

......Actually, now that he thought about it. There was another option. He definitely wasn't normally like this, but this was a new start. And he had a few moments before class so nothing like trying something new.

He turned to the guy who had been loud earlier....time to try being friendly. He turned and tried to catch his eye and grinned slightly.

"Good morning. I don't think I caught your name earlier. My name's James and its great to see you."

Here he reached out his hand for a handshake and grinned slightly.

Interactions
SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Alexandros Cvetkovski

Hearing the voice Alexandros quickly turned to face the owner eyes brimming with excitement, it was the boy who was nervously fiddling with his pen earlier, the kid was extending his hand towards him. Alexandros firmly shook the hand enthusiastically saying in his thick accent "Alexandros Cvetkovski, but you can call me Alexi. It's a pleasure to meet you James!" He released his grip and smiled, "The guy might be a little bit dirty but he wasn't light of courage, good on him" Alexi thought to himself, he understood how stressful it must be to start up conversation with completely new people on the first day, he did so himself after all.

Mentions:
startergomer startergomer

James Luntz
Mr. Sterling's Class

"Alexandros Cvetkovski, but you can call me Alexi. It's a pleasure to meet you James!" He released his grip and smiled.

James grinned back, 'whew that went better than expected', he was also glad he didn't mention his last name. While traditional, he had gotten a lot of bellitling these past few years for it....

"Great to meet you as well. Definitely excited to be here this year. Have you attended the school before? This is my first year here myself, but the campus is definitely large."

He hoped that no one noticed his awkwardness as he tried to think of things to say and how to act. 'Practice makes perfect' he thought. 'Can never get better at this without making a few flubs.'

Interactions
SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Elliot Belemon

"The teddy? That's not my friend... it's me, sort of. My potential allows me to posses things. I don't have friend so I posses a teddy bear so I can have someone to talk..." Elliot glanced at the teddy bear on her backpack, which was now was covering its face with both hands as if it was embarassed. The teddy slowly retreated into the backpack.

"That sounds pathetic."

Elliot muttered to herself after she realized what she just said. She fight the urge to scream and flee to the restroom but she could feel her face blushing from embarassment. D-distraction, she needs distraction! Elliot stared outside of the window in a desperate attempt to change the topic.

"The weather is nice." Genius.

Kaihaku Kaihaku

Odette Savanoss

Watching every newcomer with her chin in her hand and a gentle smile on her face, Odette calmly observed the class grow. So far it was pretty easy to tell, there weren't any bad seeds in the bunch. Though she did note, she hadn't seen another girl yet. Would she not be in the same class as her dorm mates? She hadn't thought to ask when she met them.

She felt bad when the student who had appeared to be sleeping was disturbed, but it didn't last long when he said he was glad to have someone help keep him awake. Moving on to the others, she watched what appeared to be a budding friendship grow between the boys who introduced themselves as James and Alexi. That was nice.

Well, she had probably done enough observing for now. This was a new class after all! Potential friends were everywhere! Now that the boy she had first seen was awake, Odette decided to approach him.

"Hi! I'm Odette. I was surprised to see someone had gotten here before me. Are you usually this early to things?"

Interactions: ghostcoffee ghostcoffee

Mr. Sterling
Interaction: startergomer startergomer SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Ineptitude Ineptitude ghostcoffee ghostcoffee Regynleif Regynleif @

4bbf2af2d9a0caa26c14b1e56784ec00.jpg

The heavy footsteps of Alkestis echoed throughout the halls. His red cloak fluttered behind him in an elegant manner. The man approached his classroom door and opened it to find his class nearly full. Without saying a word Alkestis walked over to his desk and scanned the room of students. Some were chattering while others appeared to be resting. "I need everybody in their seats when I speak." His voice was deep and his mere presence was boiling.

(Sorry it's so short.)

Odette Savanoss
Mildly startled by the entrance of a very large man with a substantial presence, Odette gave an apologetic smile to the boy she was trying to introduce herself to. She gave him a small wave before quickly returning to her desk.

It would seem class was about to begin.

James Luntz
Mr. Sterling's Classroom

Once again tense, James gave a slight nod to Alexi and turned to face forward picking up his pen in the process. He geared up for whatever the teacher would want ready to spring into action retrieving his books from his bag or taking a quick note. He also had kept a hand on his sword. Wouldn't do for it to fall and cause a ruckus.

As he saw Mr. Sterling enter, he was certainly surprised. With a large head of red hair, and a large build, Mr. Sterling certainly looked the part of having potential. Indeed, he had the build of a warrior of old. Nonetheless, he nodded to the teacher and quieted his mind, he hasn't chastised anyone overtly yet. Let's just hope everthing goes well...

David Moreno
Interaction: Japanime Japanime

Shutting his book closed with a gentle thump, black eyes could be seen peering over slightly skewed sunglasses. A gloved hand soon pushed them back up the bridge of his nose. He took his feet off his desk and tucked the novel back into his bag. Going by the wear and tear of the cover, the title of the tome purposefully hidden from curious gazes, he'd have likely read this one dozens of times over.

David rested his chin on his palm, the picture of a uninterested student. His other hand tapped the rhythm of a song only he could hear. He looked like he'd rather be anywhere else and frankly, that was exactly how he felt. Knowing what he was capable of, it was little wonder as to why he was repelled by the idea of attending an institution filled with people.

Mr. Sterling
Interaction: startergomer startergomer Ineptitude Ineptitude Regynleif Regynleif SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ghostcoffee ghostcoffee

142869.jpg

Alkestis looked throughout the classroom once more. This time he noticed a kid in the back with his feet propped up. He walked back to the white-haired boy and towered over him like a massive skyscaper. The man opened up a folder that held files on every student in the class. He looked for a profile that matched the boy in front of him. When he found it he pulled it out and looked it over. "Lysandros Heiron." He frowned at the boy. "Get your feet off the table." The rest of the students weren't off the hook just yet either.

Like a robot, Alkestis scanned the room for anybody else partaking in rebellious or inappropriate behavior. When he didn't see anything, he put Ly's file back in the folder and began slowly walking back towards his desk in the front. "You're not at home, so don't act like it." Once he reached the front he turned to look at everyone. "This school is different from any ordinary school. You won't get any free passes here. I will help and guide you however I can but I will not baby you." He began pacing side to side. "We're not gonna sing the alphabet here." The redhead turned and pointed at the class with a smirk "You all are gonna get strong. You're gonna push your limits here." His arm fell to his side. "Now, everybody listen very closely to my directions because if you mess up or fail to follow them correctly you will be punished." He glared at the class. It was almost as if there was an intense fire crackling in his irises.

"We're all gonna go outside to the training field. When I dismiss you, go change into your gym clothes and make your way out to the east side of the field. I expect you to go straight there so if you need to go to the bathroom, get water, etc. Let me know right now, or else I'll assume you're skipping my class." Alkestis looked at the clock that was hanging up behind him. "You have 20 minutes. If you're not there by then, I'll assume you're skipping my class. Don't be late." He placed down the folder full of student files on his desk and sat down. "Just to remind you all, class has started and this is your first assignment. Let's see if you have the potential to handle this. Go." With those last words, he dismissed the class and started the mental timer. While they changed and relocated, he studied student files and sorted them in his cabinets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back