• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Cosmo

Does Not Know Kung-fu
Roleplay Type(s)
george-johnstone-ruinedcastle.jpg

Welcome to the Border Princes, the graveyard of empires and fertile birthing ground of petty tyrants! This vast region within the Old World is trapped between the Black Mountains to the north and the Orc Badlands to the south. It is home to a multitude of petty kingdoms established by adventurers, political exiles, bandits, mercenaries, cut-throats, pirates and religious refugees all vying for dominance and control, seeking glory and wealth, prestige and renown. These tiny kingdoms rise and fall like the tides, rarely leaving a single mark of their passing. It has been thousands of years since last this land was united and few believe it could ever happen again, in fact, many doubt the stories of a past empire that claimed the border princes as its own as nothing more then a fable to lure and trap the ambitious into a never ending cycle of rising, and falling, petty kingdoms. Regardless of the truth, or lies, behind the legend, you find yourself in this land as the new ruler of a ruined keep and the small town that lay beyond its shattered walls. Did you kill the previous owner? Did you simply find it and claim it as your own? Perhaps you purchased the land? Perhaps it was a reward given for services rendered? Whatever the reason, you are now a Prince, or Princess, of the Border and you must lead your new people into the future, to glory.. Or to their doom.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Hello there! This is a RP I ran years and years ago, good lord I'm getting old, and always wanted to do again but always talked myself out of doing but I've recently received some push and encouragement so decided to start it up. This is a dice-based nation building RP where your character will be taking over a ruined keep and small province within the Border Princes to grow, expand and conqueror [and avoid being conquered]. This roleplay will be taking place in the Border Princes within the Warhammer Fantasy universe. I will be purely DMing this and acting as the world as well as many NPCs. Your fellow players will be starting off at the same point but on different locations on the map. Diplomacy, intrigue, alliances, betrayals abound as each seek to rise to the top. There will also be more roleplay based events such as balls, gatherings, etc where the player characters will be invited to mingle and engage in more... traditionally roleplaying, to help keep it fresh. I'm hoping to get 4-6 players, I don't want it to get too big as there is a lot of work I'll be doing on the backend to organize the resources of your princedom as well as organizing and keeping track of the various events, and event chains, that happen. Any, and all, events, and what kind of event, that happen to you, or other players, are all at random to ensure its as fair [and amusing] as possible. I hope this interest you and I'd love to have you!

1. Don't be a jerk to other people in OOC. We are all here to have fun, so keep it fun!
2. Don't metagame. This isn't about trying to game the system, this isn't a 'game' to beat. This RP was created with the sole intention of seeing how these characters handle fun situations and grow their lands. Don't be 'That Guy'. Nobody likes 'That Guy'.
3. DM rulings are final. If you have any questions or want to ask anything, suggest something or talk about anything, please PM me, but when push comes to shove, once something has been ruled on, that is it. Kinda has to work that way for this to work.
4. There is a lot of backend work, so I intend to get 'one round' of posting a week, so please be sure that, if you join, you are able to post at least once a week.
5. Try to have some good communication. I know this can be challenging, but this is a team effort and, especially, as a lot of your rping and interactions will just be with me, please be willing, and comfortable, with reaching out to fellow RPers in this RP to open up new avenues.
6. All rolls are final. If, say, your character is dueling another player's character, you two can talk to each other and decide what you want to happen, but if you can't come to terms, I will roll it out based on their stats. Whatever fate decides, whatever the Dice Gods decree, is final. The second the dice result is in, there is no redos, so keep that in mind.
7. Secrets and schemes behind the scenes, between player characters, is allowed and encouraged, however! For an action to count, the DM has to be made aware of it. This can be in the thread, on discord or in a PM, but before an 'action' can be completed in the RP [Be it an official alliance, a betrayal, etc], I kinda have to know about it.

100% not the correct fandom.
However, this gif says it all:
200.gif

I’m absolutely interested!

Sounds interesting, I have some ttrpg experience but haven't played anything on here before. I'd like to join if you still have openings

There are still openings, we still need two more players before this can start, but you are welcome to make a character and feel free to ask any questions about the world, the characters or how it all works!

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Would love to have you. You don't have to be familiar! I'm using it as a backdrop and a place to draw resources from. Only two things that would require some research is finding what nation your character is from and what, if any, deity they worship and people are more then welcome to PM me if they have questions on either.

The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard We are currently at 4 players and 6 was the max I was going to go to, so there are two slots open, so if you have the time, we'd be interested in having you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back