• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Blue Caravan - A Mercantile Misadventure

Agent Of Dreams

djJiHCC.png
Greetings Traveler! Welcome to The Blue Caravan. Why don’t you stay beside our fire for tonight? There’s no need to be fearful. Though the road is long and full of danger, you can rest safe and easy here. Not that we’re always safe, nor the paths we take always easy. Great profit often requires great risk.

What is The Blue Caravan, you ask? Well, for those who seek fortune and the freedom of the open road, there’s no better place. This caravan has been around longer than most people have been alive. Though the people that make up the caravan come and go, as the whims take them, the caravan endures. We have a well deserved reputation of earning our travelers great fortunes, as we are not held by any one nation. Where there is money to be made, the caravan goes.

And where the caravan goes, adventure follows close behind. Will you travel with us?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Summary
Welcome to The Blue Caravan interest check! The Blue Caravan is a Medieval Fantasy role play that follows the adventures of The Blue Caravan, a merchant caravan that travels Albrind in search of the best markets, finest goods, and of course, as much money as they can get. While the caravan is considered a merchant caravan, it consists of more than just merchants. Bards, warriors, doctors, and many more, have all called the caravan home at one point. Anyone wanting to travel, and willing to pay the caravan fees, are welcome to join. Some have even found employ as part of the caravan. It's always in need of guards. For while the towns and cities in which business is done are safe and secure, the lands between them are often wild and dangerous. Misadventures plague the caravan because of this, and there are many a wanderer who consider it to be too dangerous to travel with. But there seems to be a certain magic surrounding and protecting the caravan, because they always manage to escape, often with more than they started with.

This role play is a soft reboot of a previous role play. Knowledge of any of the events that have happened before now is not required, as we are attempting to start fresh. The role play will be part sandbox, part GM driven story arc to guide the group. What I mean by this is the caravan will be travelling from location to location. At each location, there will be story arc to complete, which I will make apparent through either plot posts, or NPC posts. How your characters complete the story is entirely up to your characters. I consider it my duty and privilege to accommodate your characters actions into what I think might happen.

We accept characters from all walks of life. Your character doesn't have to be a merchant or a guard to be a part of the caravan. Anything you can think of would be a welcome member. Magic is common in the world of Albrind, and people are often born with certain magical gifts, such as the ability to manipulate a certain element, or even see briefly into the future. More powerful magic exists as well, but this sort of magic usually requires years of study and practice on a characters part before they can safely use them. Think The Witcher series. Creative freedom is encouraged and appreciated when thinking of magic your character might use, but try and keep it from being all powerful.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Background

7WZwZ17.png

Two years ago, the outbreak of the Oronian plague changed many things across Albrind. Refugees from Oronia, fleeing over the mountains into Westerwood, first brought word of a mysterious plague that had engulfed much of Oronia. Despite the clear danger, people took in many of these refugees, causing an outbreak in the southernmost parts of the kingdom. The king, fearing an epidemic, shut down all major routes out of the southern realms, allowing no one to enter or leave. It was not long after this that merchants returned over the Racluear in the east with news that the great desert kingdom of Shahrazad had closed its borders to all. While this caused panic among the merchant guilds in Westerwood, no one could blame them. Amidst all this turmoil, there was good news. The king's blockade of the southern realms had managed to stop the spread of the plague further north, and a year later, warlocks and healers in the employ of the king managed to develop a treatment that cured the disease. Now the southern realms have been reopened, but after numerous attempts to send aid into Oronia met with failure, the parties never returning to Westerwood as they were supposed to, Oronia remained closed. The plague still held sway there it seemed, and though no report returned from over the mountains, rumors were heard that the plague was even more deadly there.

And the desert kingdom remained closed to outsiders.

Though the southern realms were proclaimed safe, trade there had yet to fully resume, and there were no good markets to be found. So the caravan travels north, to the northern city Ironwood. While there have been strange and alarming stories coming out of Northernwood of late , it's also said the plague never reached there, and that Ironwood had turned into a major trade center with rich markets and even richer spenders. The caravan travels through the hilly terrain between Cliffrock and the great forests of Northernwood.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Rules

1. While we don't require posts everyday, we would like to keep the role play active, so we ask that you try and post at least once a week, and take no more then two weeks. We understand that life tends to get in the way, and if you see yourself not being able to post, let us know so we can decide what to do. But if you tend to join and then vanish into the ether with nary an explanation, please don't apply.
  2. You're encouraged to use all the creative freedom you want when creating characters. Make them interesting! But also keep them realistic. We don't want to see unstoppable demi-gods, nor perfect characters. Flaws and weakness are interesting!
  3. Players are allowed to have a maximum of two active characters at a time. Keep in mind that the posting frequency stands regardless of how many characters you have.
  4. We are a literate roleplay, and as such we ask for at least two paragraphs per post, good grammar, spelling, all that stuff. We also don't require a super fancy posting format, though we also don't forbid it.
  5. Follow Site ToS in all posts on the website. There, I said it. Move on to #6.
  6. Do not god mod other peoples characters.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Character Application

Profile Skeleton

Find below the profile Skeleton.

Code:
[SIZE=5][color=color1]Character name[/color]
[color=color2]Role/Occupation[/color][/SIZE]

[CENTER][SIZE=5][SIZE=5][IMG]http://Link Here[/IMG][/SIZE][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5][B][I]Song lyrics or quote[/I][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[color=color1]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=color2]Fact about characters age[/color]
[color=color1]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=color2]fact about hair and eye color[/color]
[color=color1]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=color2]magic? Do you have it, if so, what kind?[/color]
[color=color1]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=color2]why you're on the caravan/role[/color]
[color=color1]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=color2]general fact about character[/color]
[color=color1]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=color2]general fact about character[/color]
[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5][color=color1]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=color2]Height and Weight -- Please do not put anything like 'unknown' or 'variable.' This was added because we should know the sizes of the characters we're interacting with and sometimes it gets confusing.[/color][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=6][COLOR=color2]username[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/RIGHT]

Please DM all Sheets to me on RPN!

Last edited:
Absolutely love the merchant/ordinary life take on the fantasy genre. I’ll definitely keep an eye on this!

Absolutely love the merchant/ordinary life take on the fantasy genre. I’ll definitely keep an eye on this!

Yeah, most of the Rp tends to be everyone just living their best life, with a little sprinkle of "I'M JUST A MERCHANT, WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME!?" xD

Seems cool, am perhaps here for it.

Thank you for your interest! :D

I've added a character profile skeleton to the OP, as I didn't realize it wouldn't let me link to the thread where I put that. First time on this forum. :3

I’m interested! Do we post character profiles here?

This...

Looks...

SO GODDAMN AMAZING!

I would love to join, But when Summer hits, I'm going to Boot-Camp.

This...

Looks...

SO GODDAMN AMAZING!

I would love to join, But when Summer hits, I'm going to Boot-Camp.

Aw, thank you! :)

Army, or...?

Maybe you can join once you make it through? Though if what I've heard is true, it's pretty hectic for a while even after you finish Boot.

Aw, thank you! :)

Army, or...?

Maybe you can join once you make it through? Though if what I've heard is true, it's pretty hectic for a while even after you finish Boot.
Naw, Not even close.

I got in trouble at school so my dad is sending me there. Although, I do plan on trying out in the Army.

Seems interesting and I am thinking about tossing my hat into the ring. I have a character that I would use. He's a minotaur who is primarily a scribe and musician playing the lyre which is a sharp contrast with others in his clan, but he does know how to competently fight if the need arises. He is highly rated in the skill of grappling and in the use of a type of staff I've called a baxtrix staff. Normally it is a staff like any other but it is bisected in the middle so it can become two batons, one for each hand.

Just two snags though. I am trying to do canon wielding to find a way to insert him into the caravan. Also, I am trying to find an image to represent him because I have a hard time finding imagery for my characters that are suitable enough.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, definitely have a few characters ideas bounding about I wouldn't mind putting into this world.

Interested! I will see to make character soon.

Cool! I look forward too seeing it. :D

Seems interesting and I am thinking about tossing my hat into the ring. I have a character that I would use. He's a minotaur who is primarily a scribe and musician playing the lyre which is a sharp contrast with others in his clan, but he does know how to competently fight if the need arises. He is highly rated in the skill of grappling and in the use of a type of staff I've called a baxtrix staff. Normally it is a staff like any other but it is bisected in the middle so it can become two batons, one for each hand.

Just two snags though. I am trying to do canon wielding to find a way to insert him into the caravan. Also, I am trying to find an image to represent him because I have a hard time finding imagery for my characters that are suitable enough.

Unfortunately I don't think a minotaur quite fits with our Canon. We also already have a bard. I'm sorry. :(

Is there another character you might be interested in using?

Sounds interesting, definitely have a few characters ideas bounding about I wouldn't mind putting into this world.

Sure! If you have multiple, we can see which one might fit best for the caravan. Truthfully, we could use another merchant though.

Naw, Not even close.

I got in trouble at school so my dad is sending me there. Although, I do plan on trying out in the Army.

Oh, a ne'er do well huh? Well, if it helps, there was a whole semester in middle school where the school had to assign a TA to me where ever I went to make sure I didn't get into trouble. :P

just humans? or any other speices?

Mostly humans. The Rp has always been a fantasy setting dominated by humans. But I'm not opposed to letting a few other limited species in, though I would say they would have to be humanoid species. We can discuss what you'd like to do and see if we can make it work.

Last edited:
Mostly humans. The Rp has always been a fantasy setting dominated by humans. But I'm not opposed to letting a few other limited species in, though I would say they would have to be humanoid species. We can discuss what you'd like to do and see if we can make it work.
Kobold artificer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back