• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Blight [Interest Check] (Still Searching!)

Yang Xiao Long

Sunny Little Dragon
The Blight
cbc-hpOYDodOH7xrsNl2FD-5yttvd7ED_MTp3GcC1Efu5kSnjUe-yeLGeAPpLCjV09Qsey13baR1k89WMw9OC_0ETJeCQDppfVpiIZg2_LLY1CYP1cxackZDNohigi8D9pTQNH8s

The SummaryThe Blight is an apocalyptic fantasy roleplay in which the survivors live within a walled city that protects them from mutants known as the Reavers. The Reavers are mindless drones who were once human and were transformed into their current form by a virus of unknown origins. Unbeknownst to our survivors, the virus was sent by something/someone and the Reavers are the foot soldiers of this enemy. Reavers are similar to zombies in all ways but one very important one, the Reavers aren't completely inept. They are strong and fast and can have moments of cleverness, especially when near a hive boss (the "alpha" Reavers who can think and command the lower Reavers.)

The RP is an open ended one, allowing players to follow differing pursuits. Which include but are not limited to:

1. An overarching plot in which every character will have a spot and a chance to shine.

2. Finding the origins of the virus

3. Character development, and general slice of life stuff.

4. Having a career in one of multiple factions available.

5. Bounty hunting, for when you want action. (I will have a mission board with available mission. Though I'm also open into missions suggested by players!

6. Exploring the ravaged world!

7. Telling your own stories!

The blight affected plants first, changing the DNA of most domesticated crops at the base level, killing the food sources of the human race one by one, driving humanity into starvation and desperation with each passing month. Everyone, from local farmers to scientists, both domestic and abroad worked tirelessly, searching for a cure, but the ever evolving nature of the virus stumped the combined efforts of humanity and soon a new reality had come with the dying of the final few crops. A reality dominated by hunger and death, where the lucky half who lived survived on sustenance bars made of processed insects and synthetic fats made in factories, where fresh food was a delicacy for the super rich, where dust storms raged as a result of topsoil displacement, where there was no hope.

Those who survived the initial wave of famine, approximately half of all people that is, continued on in the depressing reality that was the world. Many feared a collapse was imminent, that world war was assured, but against expectations, the conditions remained the same for the time being, but all was soon to change.

In the year 2042, seven years after the beginning of the famine, the blight evolved into something greater, something more deadly. The virus began to affect people in the same way that it had affected plants, regarding genetic mutation that is, but unlike the changes in plants, which had been deadly to the host, the changes in humans created the Reavers.

The Reavers, also known as Roamers and Manics, have conquered much of the world at this point in the timeline. The airborne strand of the Blight is deadly to all but 10% of the human population, and it is this ten percent that survive within small settlements scattered about the world, hiding from and fighting against the endless hordes of Reavers who have taken the world.

You may think that this is another zombie story, but unlike the zombies that we have grown to know in our fiction, these are not mindless creatures. The Reavers are more than beasts hungering for flesh, they are foot soldiers. They are the invasion force.

"For who?" You might ask.

In time, you will know.
The city of Pleasanton pictured below

2nAE5pir1owxt0C4l4YXVKD4uq1p4R9xdnrfBGQpNj6xeZqxgALhaM6Lxm_fNckMTkIRCweVSQhaarzqonzG3apucTVZzqzbwTrWau9bXKiptamBz31URTuB3mIQb1Ngl9ksmsmu
leNewcK4k5LXVXxaT5DKOPY5iBQe_KZ0BgSsRUGN04QfaLkqbff6GNmRE6KqQKeDKF_v_FQeHdFSDs9rdyP5C0b0PhIEkV0wc2iHsVSNjJK3rXXNlLkUb_hhvsoYUj5xBG1fZUl7

1jkoT60Jjc3j5K0ccJhMaEVOvYg5BUczx_k1zJmVEU4jfXM3TE_uNpi9VYs3j_DB3wFyeN1Ls8s4hGSkGiDzVoK7kCsrZUnVXvl1fh8zVHJWxBxNUnVCIsUdQhfuyTiL60BUtlp_

1DHoCYkW0i4d7caqcryX67Sbk3gAiFqjXniAiFIGT0MLBPPEyjHFLiYXTzMfZrDv-ul6Jyjoi66e-NRgqildE_hZTCClSUSp8TIVip4cDZfzXTpW2Rn923Ld36Dc7Qvqha-0Ej0i

IYGZdhCicTmG_36NEJNoBpdWlr2W5kreAW5GSrXRBe4teRw5PvxTul8h9DXI7bIS2b7YAT5AsoIFS0UVL8IITRyo9b1qfcZfrPTkNKCDyzrsyQmlohIrmBYVdIRCPSVaJWoGYoGX

CthYvbkS9XJjKh8V1xNnb6Kdx7Ql4s44-XTSxeRZks4qqSazxRE7BVatXRmn5sGUAk9tj-SrNKn9xREP5h9wZCJmoLzOR4_WuYNWCIybc3XF-QOG8zFn44qW2Di5P_v4xrECzwqm

The city of Pleasanton is, ironically, far from pleasant. Sure, it's a far better deal than most places outside of the walls, but that doesn't make it a great place to be. Petty crime is a constant and the claps of gunfire come from the walls as much as the slums, a further irony considering that the Reavers are a near constant threat on the perimeter.

There are however, many amenities that one wouldn't find elsewhere. These include.

• Power
  • Running water (in certain places)
  • A small cinema that plays old movies
  • Community sports teams
  • A well stocked marketplace

While it's rough around the edges (and on the surface as well) the city harbors a great treasure, this treasure is nicknamed The Capsule.

underground_city_by_nkabuto-d46lfu4.jpg

The capsule is an underground facility that had been built during the early days of the blight. Within the capsule are thousands of non infected seeds. Not only that, there are cloning facilities that had been built in order to repopulate the decimated species of domestic animals. The capsule provides electricity and clean water to the residence of the town above while also serving as a bastion of hope and scientific progress.

The capsule also provides a steady stream of fresh produce to the city, courtesy of the sealed system it operates in and the hydroponic farms within.

The capsule is also where most Raiders (see below) are trained and equipped, and generally speaking, this is where any new tech is developed.

As for who your character is on a personal level I am open to almost anything! Have fun, come up with awesome ideas!

But in order to really experience this RP, you're going to have to be a member of one of the listed factions. As each faction will have their own stories, and overarching theme.

You can find more information here
Important Links:

The Blight [Chapter 1: The Calm Between]

Futuristic - The Blight [Information]

Futuristic - The Blight [Characters]

Our primary OCC: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

The Blight [A Soldier of the Wasteland]

A Quest running alongside the RP. Feel free to join in, as it may help expand your view of the world.

Credit to Uncultured Uncultured for the original roleplay, and idea. You’ll always have a spot here!

This roleplay is a reboot of a roleplay that happened back in 2015. It was one of my first Roleplays and it fell off due to people losing interest and just randomly never replying leaving people hanging who in turn lost interest. I have permission from Uncultured Uncultured (The original poster) to continue this RP and to hopefully have this reboot get to places the original never was able to. I'm looking forward to roleplaying with you all and hopefully we’ll have a great time!

Last edited:
Ayyyy shoutout. Randomly hopped on the site for the first time in like a year to see if there were any RPs I could pass the time with.

Thanks for crediting me in this!

Its an ambitious ass RP with a lot of detail but definately a rewarding journey if it goes the distance.

I might even hop in for the ride, who knows, but this definately your show now Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long

Edit

Just read through the RP thread, wow dude you really put in work. I like the additions you made, especially the militia being its own joinable faction, the cult (yo thats some heavy stuff) and all the added detail that you put into everything like the technology for instance. The formatting is top notch as well. If you really want to get super freak-detailed, I have a map that I made for the city thats still on my computer. It aint pretty but it gives some good perspective I think.

But yeah, this brings me back, happy to see that the Blight lives on!

Last edited:
Since you asked so nicely... PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back