• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Blaze Zone | Post-Apocalypse, Mafia, and Looting Dice

The Chancellor

Those that ran away lost everything, but those that stayed suffered even worse a fate.
So how do you choose?

Welcome to The Blaze Zone! This is a post-apocalypse RP which (hopefully) has been developed enough to set it apart from other similarly-themed RPs.
Wait, wait, wait! Don't leave yet. I promise this isn't "just another zombie apocalypse RP".

The Blaze Zone - What happened?
In the year 2276, the Blaze happened. The Blaze was the consequence of the day the Earth finally got too close to the sun, scorching half the earth. A meteor hit another area of Earth, pushing Earth back away from the sun and preventing the other half from being burned in orbit. Countries used their nuclear weapons too, believing each other to be at fault for the scorched Earth. Many societies fell apart, people escaping underground at first, but finally daring to emerge fifteen years later. The sky had turned red and grey, the climates completely messed up.

The Blaze had turned the scorched half of the Earth into a massive radiation zone, and anyone still alive escaped to the safe zone. Those who stayed too long in the Blaze zone turned into mutated creatures of horror, very much like zombies. They were called "Blazed". The Blazed all look different with spikes, boils, sometimes something as innocuous as a simple rash... but they do share one thing in common: their zombie-like cannibalistic desire.

Crime runs rampant in the safe zone. Manhattan, one of the largest safe zones, is controlled by the mafia. Highly-addictive drugs are also now legal and manufactured in large amounts, especially one known as "Happiness", and people tend to hijack and kill for these shipments.

Golden Earth tries to be as normal as possible, but just how normal can life really be?

Where does the Blaze Zone take place?
This RP takes place in the largest safe zone city, downtown Manhattan. Most of it remains untouched except for the one time bandits got through and managed to loot and steal from one part of the city. Life is as normal as it can be here. People still work in their usual jobs, and a lot of people managed to stay without losing much. However, Manhattan is run by a vicious and unforgiving mafia known as "The Silver Dragons", who own the zone. They are violent and terrifying, and those who choose to disobey the rules they have set tend to disappear without a trace.

So how is this going to play out?
Beyond the story I've given you, how you want this to roll is entirely up to you (and the other people playing). There is currently no known cure, the mafia is violent and vicious, other safe zones are only rumours at this point, and outside, far away, the Blazed are looking for their next meal. The most important question you should ask yourself is, what do I want to achieve?
It is entirely up to you what you want to do. Fight back the mafia? Join them? Strike out? Are you prepared to do that?

Dice rolling?
A lot of dice RPs are very dice-heavy. Perception checks, charisma checks, all that. Not here. Here, your dice is used for two things, and I'm probably not even using dice right. Remember, this isn't D&D so I'm not using a D&D system.
You will roll for two things. If your character gets into a fight against an NPC (which will appear based on my rolls) and wins, you roll one D20 for Loot Check. A roll over 10 means your enemy can be looted and you will do your second roll.
Your second roll will be two D20s for Looting. Your first dice guarantees loot on a scale of usefulness, with 1 being not very useful, and 20 being anything from a brand new, fully stocked weapon, some fresh food, or other useful tools and items. Your second dice is a chance of getting a second item with a roll over 12 meaning you get a second item.

Once you get your loot, it's yours to keep and use unless you give it to someone else. All your rolls and results will be done in the Roll Log in extra pages.

Characters?
All characters will be humans without any unrealistic powers or features. Beyond that, your character can be anyone you want with any alliance. This includes the mafia.
If you're going to be Blazed, you may have to be extra careful due to physical symptoms branding you as Blazed and people will want you dead. I wouldn't recommend being a Blazed, but I won't stop you if you want to be one.​

Hiya chancellor!

Is this RP still in the works? Like, are you still holding out for sign ups? If so, I'd like to climb aboard, captain! :D Can I? :3

Our CS is now up!

Definitely seems really interesting, hope there's still room.

Edit: Just wanted to ask for a little more description of what the blazed look/act like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back