• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Black Plague OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Or... I mean... it's december... We can just give them the benefit of the doubt and guess they are busy with holiday shit?

I think a general deadline would be nice to have. Maybe a set number of days (a week or less?) once it’s your turn to post, unless you state in the OOC you can’t make the deadline. That way people can move forward without the anxiety of waiting/pressuring others.

I think a general deadline would be nice to have. Maybe a set number of days (a week or less?) once it’s your turn to post, unless you state in the OOC you can’t make the deadline. That way people can move forward without the anxiety of waiting/pressuring others.
That'd honestly be better, since it doesn't require remapping the entire order for no reason other than one person not posting. It's december, this will happen. I'm down to skip a turn and let them post when they get back but until then... shrug.

I wasn't suggesting anything as crazy as reorganizing the posting order, I was merely suggesting tossing it out entirely.

I wasn't suggesting anything as crazy as reorganizing the posting order, I was merely suggesting tossing it out entirely.
That sounds like you're trying to insight anarchy.. which would make reactions to each other impossible.... AKA: A clusterfuck

The majority of RPs function perfectly fine without telling all but one person at any given time that they cannot respond.

Yeah, I meant we're going to skip their turn this rotation, my bad walteryosmite walteryosmite

I've also seen the free for all posting style not work. In fact, if you go to some of the first posts on my profile you'll see a dick head commenting on how I shouldn't have prepped cannons, this is in reference to a pirate rp I was in at the time. Since I didn't respond that instant, he did whatever damage he wanted, claimed victory, and sailed off. Also, due to my work schedule, ie night shift, not having to come back to a bunch of posts between two people helps me not grunt in dismay and skip over it all OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi , just giving you my mind set on it.

Yeah, I meant we're going to skip their turn this rotation, my bad walteryosmite walteryosmite

I've also seen the free for all posting style not work. In fact, if you go to some of the first posts on my profile you'll see a dick head commenting on how I shouldn't have prepped cannons, this is in reference to a pirate rp I was in at the time. Since I didn't respond that instant, he did whatever damage he wanted, claimed victory, and sailed off. Also, due to my work schedule, ie night shift, not having to come back to a bunch of posts between two people helps me not grunt in dismay and skip over it all OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi , just giving you my mind set on it.
I bet he uses meta armies in 40k

Yeah, I meant we're going to skip their turn this rotation, my bad @walteryosmite
I mean I knew that. I was saying what I said to Magi. They seem heavily geared towards free for all, which I'd go into a rp chatroom for that, since it turns into replying between those who are awake.

I also work night shifts so anarchy would really bite me too. I'm fine with skipping them now, since it's been a while. They can reply later, just so the rest of us can still participate.

To avoid this sort of thing happening again in the future, how about, when it's someone's turn, they have 24 hours to either put up a post or request an extension, otherwise their turn gets skipped?
That way we can keep things moving and not be stuck waiting on one person ^^"

Either 24 or 48 hours. Then again I suppose we could just say something if something happens.

OH! Sorry. I just got off work. My brain no work too good. I was so focused on replying to the whole "Magic lesson." thing that I forgot you had written stuff about introductions. XD I"m on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back