• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Black Pearl Bay - OoC Thread

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

ApfelSeine

Murder by Numbers 🏳️‍🌈🖥️
Here is the official OoC Thread. Feel free to ask questions or post ideas here ^_^

We also have a Discord chat. Please PM me for the link <3

Last edited:
Thanks ^_^

I figured it would help to have a map. I'll add onto it if folks have ideas of what they'd like to see in the town.

So what manner of Merfolk would be found? All kinds? And if so, what would their common life be under the ocean? Were they more simple technology beings? Maybe what you would expect hundreds of years ago? When they are under the water that is.

Last edited:
I'm keeping it open to any type of sea creature. Freshwater fish are also an option. The idea behind the collective group at Black Pearl Bay is that it's a group of all sorts of different types of merfolk.

My current concept is that typically merfolk stick in groups of the same or similar type of sea creature, but the merfolk at the bay are an exception. Technology would be fairly simple under water, but they have access to any human technology, so I imagine they are able to use anything a human can if they're familiar enough with it. For the most part they likely rely on their own physical capabilities and tools, but having a tech savvy merperson is an option since waterproof technology exists.

Gotcha. And do we have some freedoms with the types of merfolk we can create? Say, something that looks far more fish than human until they change on land?

Yeah absolutely. It's up to you if you have a merperson who is more human in size/appearance, or who has more of their fishy characteristics.

Quick question, are there any restraints on the species of fish/aquatic animal that merfolk could be? Or is it just free reign? %100 not plotting something nope nope just a casual question ahah

It's free reign since I want y'all to be able to explore fun concepts ^_^

I'll leave it up to you what type of creature you want to derive a merperson species for. Anything based in the sea or freshwater is fair game. And it's up to you if you want to go with the classic half fish/half person, or create something your own.

By the way, I'm loving everyone's characters so far ^_^

It's free reign since I want y'all to be able to explore fun concepts ^_^

I'll leave it up to you what type of creature you want to derive a merperson species for. Anything based in the sea or freshwater is fair game. And it's up to you if you want to go with the classic half fish/half person, or create something your own.

By the way, I'm loving everyone's characters so far ^_^

Thank youu ^-^

AquaMarie AquaMarie , You can definitely expect Jules to be a frequent customer of Mari's cafe. Their and décor definitely match what he loves when it comes to environments.

AquaMarie AquaMarie , You can definitely expect Jules to be a frequent customer of Mari's cafe. Their and décor definitely match what he loves when it comes to environments.
Oh excellent she would love to have her frequent customers. So I woukd guess he could been a frequent customer from back when her grandparents were around.

Oh excellent she would love to have her frequent customers. So I woukd guess he could been a frequent customer from back when her grandparents were around.

Possibly. He would have been there for a long time if it lines up with lore properly. Would be cool to have them share that kind of small relationship. Coffee and a pastry before getting the pub ready for another day.

Possibly. He would have been there for a long time if it lines up with lore properly. Would be cool to have them share that kind of small relationship. Coffee and a pastry before getting the pub ready for another day.
I would see why not

The planned start of this roleplay is going to be at the end of this week ^_^

With that in mind, please let me know what your preference is for how we should kick things off. Either we can start things off slow with a general slice-of-life vibe, or I can introduce an event that will act as a catalyst for further mystery/adventure. I'd like to know folk's thoughts on this, or if you have any ideas for what you'd like to see :D

(Either way, the event will be introduced as a focal plot point, but the question is whether it would be more engaging to lead with it, or introduce it once characters have gotten the chance to get acquainted.)

I am happy with either path. Really I just know that things will be interesting no matter the path that the story begins.

Oooh my. There's so many people doing this I'm somewhat worried that mine wouldn't fit to well x3
Would I pm about what character I'd like to play and then get sworn in?

Oooh my. There's so many people doing this I'm somewhat worried that mine wouldn't fit to well x3
Would I pm about what character I'd like to play and then get sworn in?

Absolutely feel free to pm me about your character. ^_^ I'm happy to discuss any ideas you have. I like to build a storyline around the players' interests, so don't worry about not fitting in. There's for sure a place for you, so feel free to get creative.

I have some general information I like to see included, which you can check out in the Character Thread. You can post the character sheet yourself in whatever format you like. You'll probably see what we all use different structures ha ha. If there's any information you want to be included that you think would be best to keep secret from the other players, feel free to pm me that or put it under a spoiler. I'm happy to incorporate any secret backstories and stuff like that.

If there's anything you're unsure about, ask here or in pm. Whatever you're most comfortable with :D

I've posted a brief intro to set the scene. You can find the IC thread here:
Realistic or Modern - The Black Pearl Bay

Feel free to post what y'all's characters are doing in the morning. For those not ready to post yet, don't worry. Characters can be integrated in as things get going. ^_^

Meanwhile, I'm going to get to work on a Discord for this rp, since that's stated to be the preferred method of chatting. I'll be leaving this thread up as well and I'll still be following it, so you can all continue posting and chatting here as much as you like even after I finish setting up the Discord chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back