Experiences The big list of overdone RP cliches.

That actually sounds really cool! A lot of my favorite characters i've played are under 15, actually. I think that younger characters have a lot of potential, but it needs to be used carefully.

a younger warrior is generally quicker and likely has more stamina due to their youth. but doesn't yet have the strength to wear heavier armor. but they can be pretty quick in a silk gambeson with a shield and shortsword or shield and spear. they might not get much out of a longbow with their strength and size, but can get plenty of benefit from a shortbow, especially a mongolian shortbow.

a younger warrior is generally quicker and likely has more stamina due to their youth. but doesn't yet have the strength to wear heavier armor. but they can be pretty quick in a silk gambeson with a shield and shortsword or shield and spear. they might not get much out of a longbow with their strength and size, but can get plenty of benefit from a shortbow, especially a mongolian shortbow.

Someone in their 20s would be much better suited for physical tasks than a 15 year old. No matter how much training they got, they wouldn't be able to compete with an older person with the same abilities. Teenagers aren't fully developed physically nor mentally.

Someone in their 20s would be much better suited for physical tasks than a 15 year old. No matter how much training they got, they wouldn't be able to compete with an older person with the same abilities. Teenagers aren't fully developed physically nor mentally.

depending on the setting, especially in a medeival setting, the 20-something year old warrior would probably have battle scars and war wounds that probably hamper thier ability to fight, leading to most soldiers retiring to a non active combat job like trainer before 30.

Another thing to add: What about vampires that are hundreds of years old hiding in human society, but using their vampiric abilities with zero discretion, not to mention letting their roleplay partner find out immediately

Hmm... I've seen plenty of these:
-Edgy characters who swear way too much. Totally hot af.
-Friend group road trip

This thread is legendary.
Also bicyclesexual fuck I'm dying XD

Im sorry, i fucking lost it at "straight people exist too"

honey, we know.
you wont let us forget.

Im sorry, i fucking lost it at "straight people exist too"

honey, we know.
you wont let us forget.

If you're referring to real life, then yes, I agree that the "me too" narrative is overdone, but RPs really do not reflect the demographics a lot of the time.

A group of young men (all handsome and beautiful of course) went out camping in a beautiful day in Summer into a nature reserve where they are far from civilisation. Someone would be able to play guitar. No exception.

Bam! Thunder! Rainstorm! The cars stopped working. People went missing (if the group is big, a small group will get lost instead). Then someone (the adult if an adult tagged along) died. Huddle together for juicy confessions, rumours, and emotional drama! Gasp. A meeting with a murderer/magical creature/monster. Grab your weapons!

Hahaha I see this often but the prospect sounds good enough.

Normal people inexplicably have weapons even though they don’t own a gun license and swords are really ineffective against cops.

Katanas. Regardless of the culture. Just, katanas

Generic good-looking late teenage/young adult guy meets generic good-looking late teenage/young adult girl in some generic US city and they fall in love in a generic modern romance plot despite knowing each other for like five minutes and have some generic conflicts (probably a generic family dispute or some other generic thing) halfway through the plot and then generically resolve their differences and reconcile generically and live generically ever after.

A bunch of magical people go to school. The roleplay then subsequently dies after a few pages because everyone loses interest due to short attention spans and having done this whole routine before.

young woman grows up sheltered(keyword!), meets bad boy prince charming. some conflict makes sure they have to escape together/he has to babysit her and save her ass. they inevitably fall in love.
aka, "disney princess plot".

Character development? What's that?

Half animal people. Even in worlds without them. (I shamelessly do this trope but only when it's specifically stated that they exist.)

What do you mean this outfit isn't appropriate for a teenage character? (Aka the Nowi affect)

Extremely long names that are shortened into nicknames.

Really cool nicknames that other people totally gave them because it makes a lot of sense.

What are parents?

Evil characters who display no evil traits.

Draco(s) in leather pants.

Theme songs what are just your favrote song.
Almost all my theme songs are songs I like. Why? It's because they're the only one's I know.

The only time I really fell victim to this trope was when I made two characters themes Walking on Sunshine which I like to think of as my theme song. I did this because it fit one character (who turned into apollo) and it was ironic for another character (who was a gloomy guy who was very apathetic).

There are no laws. Everything we do is perfectly fine despite it being illegal. (aka the law of no laws)

Gratuitous swearing despite the fact that it's in no way applicable to this situation.

My character is a Rebel. They break all the rulez. They sneak out at night and partay.

Goth characters that are goth, dark, brooding, possibly vampires, and always describes as being totally hot (and likely getting their clothes from hot topic). (Aka the My Immortal Rule)

Basically a copy of a real character or person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back