Experiences The big list of overdone RP cliches.

a Psychopath could never get far as an assassin, they just are not empathetic enough for the job. a huge part of assassination is being able to blend in as well as being able to interact with and understand normal people, a psychopath doesn't have the understanding to do that. they could be a serial killer, but they would never get very far.

You're mixing psycopaths and sociopaths. Psycopaths would be great for the job because their daily life consists of blending in already. Unlike Hollywood would make you believe though, psycopathy isn't an endless thrist for murder, but rather lack of empathy. In fact, a lot of people who look and act like normal people are psycopaths, but they don't have any interest in killing and instead "act out" the emotions they lack so that they can have a normal life.

1) Making a character who's insane or crazy so you can evade having to develop a unique or interesting personality.

2) People who mistake unique or interesting back stories with tragedy.

Just because their parents died, doesn't make your character exciting or enticing.

Bonus: Instead of coming up with cool or thoughtful names for futuristic technology, throw 'exo', 'plasma', 'neo', or a Greek Letter in front of the name of the none futuristic thing that your tech is based off of.

Last edited:
Guy: *Blushes*
Girl: *Blushes*
Guy: S-s-s-s-oo..
Girl: Y-y-yes..?
Guy: Wanna Bang get married?

God has left the forum.

there's this one OP as shit character that can wipe out everything. One weakness- doesn't give a shit about shit

This post makes me happy that 'can I haz cheeseburgers' speech died in 2009. Let's keep it like that, please?

It's too late. The mere mention of that dark part of internet history has revived it. Prepare to relive that tragedy, and weep.

You know, this thread makes me appreciate my younger self for deciding to hold off on roleplaying until my embarrassing "I'm a shitty writer who wants to insert myself into a fictional universe so that the most embarrassing parts of my personality can infect another world" phase ended.

I feel like the overdone cliché that I've seen for most RPs is the brother/sister character duo. I admit, I do this too, but it's only because I enjoy the duo. The only reason I say it's overdone is because in the majority of my RPs (4), it's in two of them, which are actually my own group RPs. I'll actually comment about another cliché.

The lone wolf character is pretty overdone, or the I'm smarter than you aka the arrogant, silent character. I've seen at least one in all four roleplays that I'm in. I even made one myself, but I don't roleplay him anymore.

It's ok to use a few cliches. But if you use more than 1-2 for a character and it's really obvious then you need your head examined. Unless your new to RP. Than you have a 6 month mercy rule.
Otherwise mine has to be
- You haven't seen my final form *20 the whole fight.
-People who just won't understand that katana's are infact NOT the best sword in history. Infact it is pretty weak against other historical swords. since armour is a thing that existed.
-(i use this one every once in a while because love this one) the survivalist Russian, because both fit perfectly. Also works.with Canadian.
- People who use nothing but anime things for their apparence..
Like. I have to make a rule for this stuff it's so bad.
May I point out that actually katanas weren't really used to slice people off (maybe bad katana fighters would do that) but at a higher level it was used as a chirurgical weapon. it means that the wielder knew all vital points and armour weaknesses and used them. which means they could reach that tiny breach in your armour (armpit/ neck / knee) and target it. The art of katana wielding has never been about slicing people from top to bottom. so though it was not the best weapon (obviously) it was not as dum as you made it to be ( Also, now you seem like the one who doesn't know anything about katana D: )

PS: Chill, I just wanted to point that fact out, no offense intended at all !

Of course but you see a katana blade is actually much finner than many other blade and really well designed for that purpose. But I am actually not an expert when it comes to any other blade really, so I guess you're right.

But I somewhat interrupted the fun of the plot so I'll say (maybe someone has already said that tho)

Isn't it fun when you go through all the trouble of choosing a plausible, detailed setting for a plot, and suddenly your rp partner (Does he/she finds it fun ? We will never know! ) destroys everything by presenting their character who's actually a copy-paste of one they used in another roleplay and it Doesn't Fit at all in the setting that has been defined ?
And you don't know how to tell them that really it won't work...
Well it's really so much fun !

The shy nerd character that occasionally chews on her pencil but turns out to be a lesbian when approached by a male character.
I personally haven't seen this kind of character anywhere... but, you know. I'm sure it's a cliche. Hehe.

The shy nerd character that occasionally chews on her pencil but turns out to be a lesbian when approached by a male character.
I personally haven't seen this kind of character anywhere... but, you know. I'm sure it's a cliche. Hehe.
Mhm. Suuure.

*Looks at profile picture* mmmmmhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.
df88f5bc-73aa-45b2-a803-8a99c61a4fe4.png
Okay, I'm done now.

Mhm. Suuure.

*Looks at profile picture* mmmmmhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.
View attachment 345527
Okay, I'm done now.
Fortunately for me. I strategically held back taking a sip of my chocolate milk before reading your comment, preventing me from spitting chocolate milk everywhere before reading your reply. Your attempt at messing up my screen has been thwarted.
(What did I just type please help I'm so tired)

Fortunately for me. I strategically held back taking a sip of my chocolate milk before reading your comment, preventing me from spitting chocolate milk everywhere before reading your reply. Your attempt at messing up my screen has been thwarted.
(What did I just type please help I'm so tired)
Capture+_2017-06-26-22-38-21.png

Of course but you see a katana blade is actually much finner than many other blade and really well designed for that purpose. But I am actually not an expert when it comes to any other blade really, so I guess you're right.

There are much more finer blades out there now a days. Even then, most swords weren't that sharp, you could pass your hand through the blade without cutting yourself, unlike movies would make you believe. They were mainly used for stabbing, since shoving the end of a sword into an opening is much easier than trying to go for a slice.

All of my characters are bikesexual and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me!! cackles evilly into the night

jkjk Most of my characters are either gay or straight. I have a decent amount of bisexuals tho, being bi meself.

Als, sign me tf up for that gay cinnamon roll antagonist. Right up my alley tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back