Experiences The big list of overdone RP cliches.

I do wonder though... Why don't people just say "No anime face claims please" if they aren't preferred in an RP? (Cause normally if that's the case I'll make a creature or machine, or just troll with a cosplay photo-

Also, tiny frame, giant damn sword.

a Cosplay Creature or Machine usually looks too silly for me, but it looks less silly as an Anime Character because Anime is the medium that can handle the type of Imagery. and well, most of the characters i play as have faceclaims that pretty much require anime, because small and youthful women are hard to find outside of anime cosplay, which is already one step behind anime to begin with.

if you have to resort to looking up people cosplaying as anime or video game characters to pick up a faceclaim. you might as well just use the actual image from the anime or video game in question. this is especially true for smaller framed or nonhuman characters, such as Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia or Ririchiyo Shirakiin for the first or some kind of Elf, Orc or Pixie for the second. i'd rather have people use animated faceclaims than steal some sexualized image of some random model or adult films actress that clearly breaks the ToS.

if you have to resort to looking up people cosplaying as anime or video game characters to pick up a faceclaim. you might as well just use the actual image from the anime or video game in question. this is especially true for smaller framed or nonhuman characters, such as Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia or Ririchiyo Shirakiin for the first or some kind of Elf, Orc or Pixie for the second. i'd rather have people use animated faceclaims than steal some sexualized image of some random model or adult films actress that clearly breaks the ToS.

Pffft
Perfect cosplays don't exi--

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2605.jpg

i guess i was proven wrong, you found an Aiice Margatroid Cosplayer that was cuter than the video game art.

825.gif

OP may as well simply be condensed into "young writers who haven't yet explored outside of their comfort zone".

People will make mistakes. Let them.

Sure, it doesn't make the ten millionth interest check for an anime academy any less infuriating. But they have just as much a right to do what they enjoy as I do.

Not to mention, while I spend dozens of hours looking for a thread I like only to have it die in five posts, they're already a hundred pages into a story and having fun. So who's really the fool here?

I'm going to go find the nearest high school roleplay and make this character.

It's ok to use a few cliches. But if you use more than 1-2 for a character and it's really obvious then you need your head examined. Unless your new to RP. Than you have a 6 month mercy rule.
Otherwise mine has to be
- You haven't seen my final form *20 the whole fight.
-People who just won't understand that katana's are infact NOT the best sword in history. Infact it is pretty weak against other historical swords. since armour is a thing that existed.
-(i use this one every once in a while because love this one) the survivalist Russian, because both fit perfectly. Also works.with Canadian.
- People who use nothing but anime things for their apparence..
Like. I have to make a rule for this stuff it's so bad.

So true, those things chipped easily striking other swords.

You do have to admit though, if a Katana slices someone unarmored, you can expect limbs to fly. And then you have the Nodachi, hoo boy may God have mercy on anyone who becomes the victim of THAT blade.
Even better than that is joining some bullshit loyal romance RP as either 1: a violent revolutionary or 2: a traitorous soldier both trying to put themselves in power by crushing the current monarchy. You will find that most of the time the PVP skills of the Rpers are totally inadequate but don' worry because there's gonna be some princesses who fight him off with impenetrable plot armor and magic that totally would have manifested either way and was not shoehorned in to be stupidly OP. That however is only the second best joke char to join as. The best? Literally just joining as Old Man Henderson.

My honorable katana is the best sword. It cuts through armor with its 10,000 time folded honor steel and the power of weeb nation behind my blows.

See also the "I'm a 16 year old girl but I can wield this nodachi with one god damn arm" cliché.

No, stop! This may become a cliché on its own. Actually. That would be the most ironic thing in the history of mankind, please let this become a cliché.
Ironic... He could use joke characters to fight other cliches.. But he couldn't stop becoming one himself"

Even better than that is joining some bullshit loyal romance RP as either 1: a violent revolutionary or 2: a traitorous soldier both trying to put themselves in power by crushing the current monarchy. You will find that most of the time the PVP skills of the Rpers are totally inadequate but don' worry because there's gonna be some princesses who fight him off with impenetrable plot armor and magic that totally would have manifested either way and was not shoehorned in to be stupidly OP. That however is only the second best joke char to join as. The best? Literally just joining as Old Man Henderson.

My honorable katana is the best sword. It cuts through armor with its 10,000 time folded honor steel and the power of weeb nation behind my blows.

See also the "I'm a 16 year old girl but I can wield this nodachi with one god damn arm" cliché.
What is a nodachi?

It's a "field sword" the katana is to the nodachi what the arming sword is to the greatsword (real greatswords not longsword) it's a huge katana I'd get a pic but I'm on mobile
In other words a sword you should not even try to wield with one hand.

As someone who owns alot of swords including a katana I can safely say that the katana is my least favorite. It has no weight behind it and bounces off anything not made out of flesh or light cloth. I prefer my swords that I made myself, a longsword that has a good center of balence and is able to be used to blungion using the gaurd. Or you can unscrew the hilt and end them rightly.

I stopped reading at
Saucepansexual

I am saucepansexual and this triggers me, pliz remove at once!

PS: This is clearly a tease on those characters, please don't ban me!

the Katana is pretty much useless outside of areas where people didn't wear armor. it can even be completely blocked by wearing a Gambeson and a Gambeson is just heavy layers of quilted cloth and barely better than leather armor. and sorry to bring up that 16 year old humans do not have the years of combat training required to become a decent footsoldier. most seasoned footsoldiers are in their thirties because it takes over a decade of surviving conflict to gain the skills required to be seasoned.

A gambeson is actually rather protective, several layers of cloth, which would likely be wool mixed with linen in a quilted pattern, this was used very commonly as it gave surprisingly great protection as the cloth would catch and soften blows. Do keep in mind this is roughly 5and up layers of cloth,thin but still Hardy enough to adequately give enough protection while being light.

It was used even with plates or chain mail to increase the protection granted but chain was seemingly more common. Leather I think may have been used in the same way, but that's conjecture.

So basically it's the same feeling of wearing several layers when it's cold. The gambeson also includes being rather warm for the colder climes in the area it was typically used.

On the topic of a katana cutting it, it would have the same trouble as say a long sword or falchion, the later being one common and similar to how a katana would cut. But is more like the bustard child of a safer and a axe.

Basically, put on some layers, and you'll be protected against most cutting weapons, being stabbed is a much different story but that's always the case with armors.

This has been a wandering history buff and arms and armor lover, signing off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back