Experiences The big list of overdone RP cliches.

Katanas, robes and capes blowing in the wind, hands in sleeves, vampires, werewolves, wolves, cats, dogs, goths, individuality to the point of alienation, anyone even remotely similar to that girl from Twilight (fluttering eyelids, just SO DARK, SO MANY EMOTIONS), back swords, Vincent Valentine aesthetic, Final Fantasy 7inspired anything, asian ninja chick, Im depressed and standoffish but Im a hero, unlikable protagonists, hypersexual villains, gun boys, bringing a gun to a sword fight, combat boots, face scars for the sake of badassedry, cargo pants, any kind of fantasy Rambo, different spooky eyes!!!

*reloads*

SEPHIROTH, WHITE HAIR, hair in your face, my parents are the worst, I dont have parents, my dark and troubled past is too dark and troubled to explain, pokemon, anime, stuttering nice guy finishes last, the libertine, the broody hotboy is too deep to approach, reluctant heroes, acciddental heroes, you found a secret magic object!!!!

Everyone has magical powers. The teens at the magical school, the unicorn in the corner even the postman. The school for the gifted. The damsel in distress always finding trouble. Vampires and werewolves.

I forgot one, the kid that knows all and has seen all before the age of 13 and by 16 can destroy worlds all while uncovering their past as a werewolf unicorn angel demon.

Katanas, robes and capes blowing in the wind, hands in sleeves, vampires, werewolves, wolves, cats, dogs, goths, individuality to the point of alienation, anyone even remotely similar to that girl from Twilight (fluttering eyelids, just SO DARK, SO MANY EMOTIONS), back swords, Vincent Valentine aesthetic, Final Fantasy 7inspired anything, asian ninja chick, Im depressed and standoffish but Im a hero, unlikable protagonists, hypersexual villains, gun boys, bringing a gun to a sword fight, combat boots, face scars for the sake of badassedry, cargo pants, any kind of fantasy Rambo, different spooky eyes!!!

*reloads*
SEPHIROTH, WHITE HAIR, hair in your face, my parents are the worst, I dont have parents, my dark and troubled past is too dark and troubled to explain, pokemon, anime, stuttering nice guy finishes last, the libertine, the broody hotboy is too deep to approach, reluctant heroes, acciddental heroes, you found a secret magic object!!!!
We covered most of these already.

But remember not everyone got a chance to read through the entire topic.
*reading entire articles on TVTropes* What? (That was a joke! Don't sue me!)

Anyway, back on topic.

Characters who are supposed to not speak english well but speak in perfect English (or, depending on the player, perfect acronym filled mispelled text speak english).

Characters who die and are replaced with characters that are exact copies of the previous one (this one's a big one for tabletop).

Characters who speak another language but it's clear that the player doesn't speak that language and is getting their translations from google translate ans has improper sentence structure.

Acronyms In Dialogue (or AID)

- Antagonist who are completely two-dimensional. I mean come on! They aren't just evil, because they are!

- Characters who show absolutely no mercy to the monsters/abominations/non-human race/enemy soldiers that they fight. Because, you know, they wouldn't actually have feelings

- Dark = Evil. Please. Just. Stop. Can we have a bad guy who's power is light please? And a good one.

- Oh I look (insert age 16-25) but I'm actually (insert any age over 100) aka the manakete syndrome.

Characters who show absolutely no mercy to the monsters/abominations/non-human race/enemy soldiers that they fight. Because, you know, they wouldn't actually have feelings
Good luck finding someone who doesn't do that.

I feel no remorse. Except when I'm playing Shadow of the Collosus. In which I admit that I am a horrible person but gleefully slaughter the colossi anyway.

The fact that a character must inspire pity by a sad biography is what I have seen most, sometimes, the character
uses this to excuse inappropriate words or actions..
, that and characters who are at least 2000 years old, the latter was often used to circumvent age problems associated with erotic RPs.

"Hey, my character have 2000 years, but look like they're 14-15-16-17 years".

girls with cat ears, with tragic backstory put in a verse randomnly.. not only do i find nekos off-topic, but i hate the fact that i have to feel pity for a character, my goal is not to be depressed but to have fun, so again, i can be alright with an OC, if the character is well put in a verse.

Also the "hey, i'm *insert character* child!* it's hard to deal with that if you stay true to the verse,
sometimes, the *child* pop out of nowhere, have very little to no backstory, no explanations at all, you just deal with a character you know nothing about, again, it's not what a call a good OC.

But here is also the "felling in love at the first sight" cliche, i can tell you that this one is annoying, even if you don't do romance RPs( wich is my case).

Last edited:
characters who are at least 2000 years old, the latter was often used to circumvent age problems associated with erotic RPs.
It's a good thing that erotic RPs are not allowed.

Also this reminds me of this comic

comic296_zps6463473c.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back