Experiences The big list of overdone RP cliches.

Caffeine Freak

Two Thousand Club
Inspired by the SCP big list of cliches, I have congregated a list of tropes that everyone on any roleplay site (myself included) is guilty of doing at least once numerous times (and has since led me to delete and make several new accounts since I joined this site in an attempt to bury the painful memories).

In no particular order, we've got plenty of:

1) Characters what have small fightan skillz but make up for it wit SPESHAL POWERZ or SUPA SMART SKILLZ

2) Characters what have big fightan skillz nd are all gruff like.

3) Characters what look like characters from the Japanese cartoons.

4) Characters what are from the video games or from the Japanese cartoons or what are from the movies. We have a hole fandom forum thingy for that plz keep them in there.

5) Theme songs what are just your favrote song.

6) Teenage characters what have dead/missing/no(?) parentz.

7) Self inerts so u can be in da st0ry!

8) Antagonists what are INDESTRUKTIONABLE!

9) Characters what have backst0rys what are TO BE REFEELED IN DA RP which are not actually revealed in the rp ever.

10) Characters what are BICYLESEXUAL or SAUCEPANSEXUAL just cuz

11) NPCs what are just there 4 tha characters to show off there FIGHTAN SKILLZ.

12) Characters what r gud wit GUNS or SORDS nd carry around a speshel GUN or SORD

13) RPs what are set in the SCHOOLS. Bonus points if the RP has 'academy' in its title.

14) Characters what are under 21. COOL KIDZ AMIRITE?

15) Puttin gifs of ur character in tha RP. I think u took a wrong turn this is the place you were looking for.

16) Characters what have personalities what can be summed up in one word lyk 'angreee', 'stronge', or the 'bossy'

17) Characters what can CONTROL PEOPLEZ MINDZ but what get tired or something after.

18) Characters what are dicks for no reason except cuz it says so in their CS bio.

19) Characters what are VAMPIREZ or RPs what HAVE THE VAMPIREZ. they SUCK

20) Los caracteres que son cute, sensitive teenage boys >.< XD

21) 2 characters what fall in the love after knowing eachother for like three days.

22) Fandom OG characters that are nothing like the OGs

23) Characters what are actually just Sonic the Hedgehog.

24) Dumb shit.

25) Despacito.

26) "I have no idea what this list is about because it's written in some kind of alien tongue that no human could ever decipher"

//

Deez nuts only work if u reely smart so no do them unless u good at the write otherwise every1 is gon think u dumb dumb!11

Translation:

These ideas can still work fine with a little extra creativity or tweaking from experience, just keep in mind that they've been done hundreds of thousands of times before - and chances are, you're boring everybody else to death by repeating them.

Last edited:
6) Teenage characters what have dead/missing parentz.
11) NPCs what are just there 4 tha characters to show off there FIGHTAN SKILLZ.
13) RPs what are set in the SCHOOLS. Seriously. Like 90% of RPs take place in some academy.
14) Characters what are under 21.

What would you say if I told you that I've got all of these and more in an RP I run?

OH! And don't forget that ONE character who is the Token Good member of their EVUL family.

What would you say if I told you that I've got all of these and more in an RP I run?

OH! And don't forget that ONE character who is the Token Good member of their EVUL family.

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm pretty sure I've broken all of them in a single RP.

Dark times. Dark times.

Don't forget people who try to make their characters perfect in everything and always complain when the female characters don't fall in love with his character.

-Little Girls with Teddie Bears whom happen to be the most dangerous killing machine in the entire room because a 7 year old is clearly Qualified to Murder and Clearly has the Physiology to use her oversized weapon.

- Blind Warriors whom Technically have a better sense than Sight as Compensation for Blindness. super hearing and vibration sense are popular.

- Girls who Expect you to instantly fall in love with them because they showed you thier generic anime panties that are likely striped or something

- Girls who Swap Between Friendly and Abusive with minimal reason whom claim to be bipolar

-Little Girls with Teddie Bears whom happen to be the most dangerous killing machine in the entire room because a 7 year old is clearly Qualified to Murder and Clearly has the Physiology to use her oversized weapon.

- Blind Warriors whom Technically have a better sense than Sight as Compensation for Blindness. super hearing and vibration sense are popular.

- Girls who Expect you to instantly fall in love with them because they showed you thier generic anime panties that are likely striped or something

- Girls who Swap Between Friendly and Abusive with minimal reason whom claim to be bipolar

I think that's overdone anime cliches.

-Boys/men who are shy but became sociable quickly as soon as they meet with their true love.
-Girls/women who are tough but soft and tender toward her love interest.

I'll think up of more ROMANCE cliches, just give me time here.

Don't forget people who try to make their characters perfect in everything and always complain when the female characters don't fall in love with his character.

That's not a cliche. It's when people try to make their character perfect in everything then complain when both male and female characters don't fall in love with said character - chances are their character is bicyclesexual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back