• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Best Questlog You Will Ever Join (Deadpool Questlog OOC)

*Whistles the theme of Xavier: Renegade Angel*

No, seriously, have you watched this show? It’s on Youtube. It’ worth watching at least once, even if (especially because) it’s so weird. Go on. Give it a try. I want to see your opinion on this.

*Whistles the theme of Xavier: Renegade Angel*

No, seriously, have you watched this show? It’s on Youtube. It’ worth watching at least once, even if (especially because) it’s so weird. Go on. Give it a try. I want to see your opinion on this.

It's soothing, Pry. I like it.

That’s generally not the first adjective that comes to minds about that show, but I agree. Not for those that don’t like philosophy or that can’t put logic aside for a while, though.

Last edited:
Hey! Double posting! Don’t care. Do you have advice for doing a good quest? Especially you, The Omen of Death The Omen of Death . There is something that I had in mind for some time and I just posted it but I don’t actually have a well-planed campaign in mind. I’m really excited and ideas are bumbling. But still, first quest.

Last edited:
Hey! Double posting! Don’t care. Do you have advice for doing a good quest? Especially you, The Omen of Death The Omen of Death . There is something that I had in mind for some time and I just posted it but I don’t actually have a well-planed campaign in mind. I’m really excited and ideas are bumbling. But still, first quest.

I never ran a quest before, but you can run your story by me.
I can be critical sometimes, but ah, I'm just trying to beat the idea into shape, so you gotta roll with the punches.

I mean, since you've already posted it, I could act as a consultant on it, that way you're not completely going in blind, and I could give some tips on the process as well.

Right now I am almost hellbound on trying to finish the first post today, because really the nature of this taking so long was that I didn't have a lot of time to devote to it, as I was taking an intensive philosophy course, and we were focused on discussion of Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra and had to make a 7 page essay analyzing a piece of it, and considering the short period of time it lasted, it took all my brain power to do it, it was rewarding and very interesting, but intensive. So now that things are becoming a bit more normal, things should be back on a somewhat more regular schedule, although disclaimer to the newer guys it does take me a while to make new posts, but it should NEVER be as long as what this was!

I will probably die a little on the inside if I can't finish it today... Seriously I can't apologize enough for this long absence...

Damn, that does seems fascinating. Zarathrustra’s religion is pretty advanced in ethics for the time period. Anyway, just have fun writing the post! You can do this!

Woohoo, I'm still alive and following this, haha. I just have a bad tendency to lurk and not post much in OOCs, sorry about that.

So Pryno Pryno , I don't really know anything about how to run quests as I've never tried so far, but I can tag along as a participant and try to give some feedback if I think of anything to say.

And The Omen of Death The Omen of Death , it's fine! That class sounds quite demanding (but interesting as well), and I know I have little energy for writing longer coherent texts when I'm busy, too. I am looking forward to the first post, of course, but don't stress yourself over it. :)

Fandom - The Best Questlog You Will Ever Join (Deadpool Questlog)

It is done! After a loooong time it is done! Come one, come all let's have some fun!

ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R Pryno Pryno Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Felis Felis D duegxybus Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Also here's a challenge if you want to take it on, from here on out, starting with this post I would love to see if you catch any references I make in any of my posts, count them up and state where they came from here! Thought this might be a fun way to keep communication and also share conversations among anyone who can see a reference.

I'd never tell you to change the story just because I didn't like it.
Or maybe I did but I can't remember!
Don't break into a side questlog; concentrate on the one that matters.
If you divide your attention, you'll end up hacking yourself to pieces. Focus.
In any case, while Deadpool's way of doing things aren't to my tastes, I'm willing to see this story to the end.
I want to see more of this Deadpool, not his face mind you but I want to see how he reacts to new situations.
We'll get more of that as the story goes on.

Behind all that ham, shitstains, drama, endless knowledge of pop culture and invincibility lies another sad soul in this world.
He's just like the rest of us, only much more exciting and awesome, but that tragedy he carries must be heavy indeed.
He jokes on, making a mockery of life and death and everything in between, but does he think his whole life is one big joke?
That God, the devil and all mankind have played one nasty trick that ripped his soul apart?
Ah, well, no, I don't think so. Deadpool's smarter and more mature than that.
The only people that think like that just like to blame everyone and everything around them for their sins.
Deadpool has to carry his own cross in this life, even he has to make lame puns until he finally makes it to his final destination: death.

And hey, actually, I'm curious, what other stories you got in mind? I might be able to help you with the ideas.
I'm good with that.

[GEEK MODE ACTIVATES]

That’s the joke. He can’t die. Thus shall never savor freely his love with Death and thus shall suffer forever. He may be relatively ok now, but he was suicidal for a long, long time. Until he found a way to make himself mortal, which in return gave him back his pretty appearance, which gave him back the will to live.

Then he died, met Death, both fell in love and another guy said « Wait, Deadpool being dead breaks the balance of the multiverse. I know he’s happy for the first time since a pretty long while, but nope, not gonna happen. ». DP was resurrected and only has the occasion to see Death once in a while (like in his video game. That shit was hilarious). He actually meets someone else after a while, but shut.

Also, yes, he is ridiculously overpowered. There are actually timelines when he tries (for some DP insane reason) to kill all the other heros of the license and succeed. He’s not only insane: when it comes to making plans (especially for killing people), he is a genius. Also, part of his insanity is just him breaking the fourth wall and therefore confusing all the other characters.

[GEEK MODE ACTIVATES]

That’s the joke. He can’t die. Thus shall never savor freely his love with Death and thus shall suffer forever. He may be relatively ok now, but he was suicidal for a long, long time. Until he found a way to make himself mortal, which in return gave him back his pretty appearance, which gave him back the will to live.

Then he died, met Death, both fell in love and another guy said « Wait, Deadpool being dead breaks the balance of the multiverse. I know he’s happy for the first time since a pretty long while, but nope, not gonna happen. ». DP was resurrected and only has the occasion to see Death once in a while (like in his video game. That shit was hilarious). He actually meets someone else after a while, but shut.

Also, yes, he is ridiculously overpowered. There are actually timelines when he tries (for some DP insane reason) to kill all the other heros of the license and succeed. He’s not only insane: when it comes to making plans (especially for killing people), he is a genius. Also, part of his insanity is just him breaking the fourth wall and therefore confusing all the other characters.
[OWN GEEK MODE ACTIVATES]

It’s true he was suicidal early on and tried killing himself on multiple occasions, but a lot of those developments are things that happened over a long time. Eventually he just takes life in stride, and while he hasn’t ever lost his love for Lady Death who showed up to him during the “Workshop” with Dr. Killebrew and Ajax AKA WHERE THE FUCK US FRANCIS?!?

He currently just lives life relatively naturally until he hits the day where he’ll die. Most recent death I can remember was when Earth 616 (this is the main marvel universe) and the other Marvel universe collided which ends up as the precursor to the modern reboot of Secret Wars. And then reappears once those events start.

It’s interesting because Deadpool doesn’t necessarily have a deathwish and isn’t being suicidal, because he holds many attachments to life, (some of which will be explored in this quest in time)

And of course he has moments where he has short lived happiness with people in the living, he’s had on again off again relationships with others, but right now Marvel is setting him back on the course of being a villain after Secret Empire (which was a disaster so I haven’t followed recent marvel events in a while now)

But those side stories are actually alternate universes of marvel, since marvel is a multiverse, and the Deadpool we all know and love isn’t the same as the one who killed the Marvel Universe (we call him “Dreadpool”) but yeah it should be said Deadpool isn’t dumb per say, but he’s extremely reckless and impulsive due to him becoming insane. And breaking the 4th wall was a side effect, and a lot of his humor is used as a coping mechanism for his trauma. Which is something I will again explore later on.

I have to give credit to Joe Kelly, he’s the one who really paved the way to making Deadpool the way he is today.

A cookie! *-*

There is nothing wrong with that. If you like something, you can talk about it.

Exactly! I can't really join the discussion because I'm not particularly knowledgeable about Deadpool or Marvel in general, but it's still interesting to read. :)

So how was the post guys? Was it hilarious, did any of you catch any references? Did it feel IC? Any constructive criticism? I really hope it was worth that long wait!

It was certainly worth the wait! It's a lot of fun to read, even though I'm sure the larger part of the references are flying right over my head, haha. I can't really say whether it's completely IC or not because see above, but it does convey the right tone, I think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back