• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Beginning of a New (IC, Always Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Kharn sat stunned at what Seraphim had said to him, it wasn't in his nature to be spiteful, or jealous. It was unsettling to say the least. He walked over to Charity. He sat down next to her and proceeded to act in a non-chalant fashion. He put his feet up on the table and leaned back in his chair. He leaned over to her and whispered "Something's wrong with Seraphim, I need to talk with you in private." He made it look like he dropped something as he said it, he didn't need Serena throwing a fit about him talking to another woman. Something was definitely wrong here, He had let go of Serena, at least in his mind, and Seraphim seemed to have fallen for her. If anything Seraphim would make the same mistake he did. He would fight for Serena. This was potentially worse than Kharn fighting Pride, Seraphim had never had the instability that Kharn knew, hell Kharn made his instability stable from all the years he had to fight to control himself. But Seraphim, that would be a disaster, all it would take was for pride to keep pushing, goading, insulting. Seraphim put up a charade, Azazel and Kharn both knew it. Under all that humility and honor was a broken man, the loss of his wife and son had unraveled him. Although Kharn had a reputation of swinging first and asking questions later, he was quite proficent at reading people.

As he thought of the consequences of the possible interactions of the people in the meeting, he let his eyes wander to Godric and his daughter, Asha. He flashed back to the battle of the Durn plains. It was a rather bloody one, he had admired the ferocity and courage of the Astargorn volunteers, Kharn's own forces were bound to win anyways. Then Corvis, Corvis was Sloths son, the reason why the odds were stacked against Kharn. Corvis was brave in his challenge, the man had killed some of Kharn's best, but when he made the challenge he had sealed his fate. Kharn wasn't alawys a bloodthirsty force of destruction on the battlefield, he fought beside his men that day, leading them toward victory. Corvis challenged him from the front of the vanguard, challenging him to his face. Kharn alawys gave the option before a duel for his opponent to walk away, there was no dishonor in it, and Kharn wouldn't hold it against them. But Corvis was a stubborn one. He denied his offer and took up his sword. It was over in a matter of seconds. The records on both sides usually got the accounts wrong, Kharn didn't take his true form and he didn't set Hellbender alight. He dispatched Corvis cleanly, with one quick slash. It would have killed many normal men seconds afterward, but Corvis was no mere man, he was the son of a sin. Corvis spoke to Kharn with his dying breath's, imploring him not to end the war by the sword, but with words. As custom in Kaldorian tradition, the fallen leaders forces were free to retreat without harassment and the loser of the duel was sent back with honor.

As he watched them he felt a rare occurrence of remorse. His eyes softened for a second. If I had just let him go none of this would have happened. Sloth hated him, he knew it, Kharn understood what it was like to lose something close to you like a child, he knew more than Sloth could ever know. It seems pain is the only thing I'm capable of feeling, I have nothing but pain. His inner pain wasn't reflected in his attitude, Posture, or personality, but if you looked into his eyes you could see it. The sadness, the anger, the pain.

Ryoko Lee Ryoko Lee KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa CaptainMcNoob CaptainMcNoob

She sighed slightly at the request to catch wrath up, as Charity and Wrath weren't the most compatable souls to communicate with. However, Lust was actually making use of herself that didn't involve in opening her legs, and she seemed valiant even, going to her country to take care of some issues- it was more than what Charity could do- she didn't have issues like that, in a land that always prospered. There was hardly hate, just the occasional argument between whether a goat was worth more than a pig, and vice versa.

"Wrath, well... People fought, wars were almost waged. Pride was being pride, Lust was being Lust, and so was everyone else. Gluttony was a cute little pig. So darling! Also, what else- that's about it. I promised whoever would agree to peace to have eternal charity and good will in their land, their crops would prosper- the usual." Her voice was soft yet endearing, her hair falling in glowing, golden waves down her back. She had changed her appearance slightly, she seemed a little more earthier, more natural- which was understanding. Charity's appearance altered based on her counties's prosperity and overall mood. Her country was doing more cropping and livestock, so it was only natural she'd seem a little more rooted.

"Seems like Lust has her hands full." She said, and snapped her fingers.
"Now, she should have more produce from her land- steel, mining, crops, building- should go a little faster. I do hope she handles it all right." Charity said, anxious to leave this meeting- it had literally been 72 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pride had fallen asleep. It wasn't dignifying at all, but this meeting was terrible, as he couldn't speak about himself at this point- what was more interesting then him? Nothing. And this meeting was dreary, he wanted to fight monsters or do something- even continue war because it gave him something to do. He watched with dull interest, until Lust stood up, making a scene, about her country. He smiled a sleepy smile- how beautiful she was. The only one worthy of Pride.
(GUESS WHO IS BACK- BIG DADDY RYOKO)

1524887196226-png.433330

Serena sucked a breath in between her teeth. Great. This woman was no help. Did she not understand that sending a representative was a horrible idea? Literally. That was why most Sins and Virtues didn't bring bodyguards, their children, or really anyone mortal. They simply could not stand up to the emotions and auras going on, on top of that..it looked like they simply did not care. As a diplomatic woman herself, Serena was surprised she even thought to say something like that. Then again, it was astounding that she was even able to hold up against everyone here, but perhaps she was starting to crack? Yes. That's what Serena would write this off as. A shame, as she seemed to be doing really well for such a young and fine woman. "Very funny, but watch as it can be easily done." She said, her tone slightly playful, making it seem as if Serena didn't have more important matters, but was more or less bored with the meeting. Leaving Asha's side, Serena walked to the center of the room, though on her way she made sure to walk past Pride and lightly pull on his hair to wake him up. That was just easier, or so she hoped. Once in the middle of the cathedral, Serena set her face forward, eyes unreadable. "Look, we are all extremely tired of being here, am I wrong? Of course not. So let's end all this discussion. All in favor of Sloth's daughter's idea say 'aye', those opposed say 'nay' and give your reason why." She paused for a moment, her eyes growing dark, "And it better be a good reason." She threatened before releasing the look and grinning ear to ear.

This was it, this was going to be the end of this damned discussion, then tomorrow they could meet once more and resolve the details of Sloth's daughter's idea, whatever they may be. Inwardly, Serena hoped this world work, hoped that she could actually end this discussion and move on. Still..how would she return to Zodia? She didn't have the time for a day and a half flight. There had to be some way..some..kind of way she could reach her homeland. She had to. They were counting on her. Gods forbid the cultists opened that damned realm..if they did..then..Serena couldn't think about that now. She couldn't spare the thought about the devastation that would cause..the lives that would be lost. It almost made her tear up, if it weren't for the fact that she had put on the nearly perfect mask, though there was the underlying emotion in her eyes that only Ottos would recognize, perhaps Seraphim too..if he wasn't lost in his own world of darkness. Oh how Serena wished that she could solve this all..her heart ached for an end to all her stress and woes of the people she cared for, but..there was nothing she could do right now. Right now the most important thing was ending this war and peace talk, then..then she would have to go from there. "Let the voting commence. All in favor?" She spoke, her voice booming in the cathedral as it bounded off the stone walls. Perhaps she was acting out of character, taking the lead and trying to end this..but it could not be helped. Any questions that would come after this she would handle later, by simply lying. She could tell no one the truth, but for now..she had to wait. Hopefully the decision would be unanimous.

August August Ryoko Lee Ryoko Lee CaptainMcNoob CaptainMcNoob Midrick Midrick Probably George Probably George Rexcaliburr Rexcaliburr Ilry the Dark Sage Ilry the Dark Sage

The cute little pig Ottos was not having it. Even though Serena had told him of food being saved for him, it was so far away . . . Charity was here talking about how if they agreed, she would share her prosperous aura with the other kingdoms yet she didn't even bother to feed them. This had to be a sin on it's own, but he refrained from letting the hunger pains get to him. When Serena had started to speak, he got up and waddled back over to her as his own way of saying what his answer was. Clearly he would side with her since he also wanted this ordeal to be over with. Of course his reasons weren't as good as hers . . .
Ottos glanced upwards at his lady, looking past her bosom to catch a familiar look in her eyes. Seeing this distracted him from his hunger pains as he mentally swore to get her out of here so she could save her kingdom. He was glad he didn't visit her dragon on the way here, since his taste buds so lovingly remembered the flavor of dragon meat, and she would definitely need that dragon to return as soon as possible.
In hopes of getting things started so they could roast whoever dared to disagree, Ottos raised his head and dully declared, "Aye" as Serena had said before plopping back down on the ground and taking interest in his front pig foot. As subtly as he could, he began to gnaw at it lightly . . . Pork was always good.

Last edited:
"Aye" Seraphim called. He was ready for all this to end so he could get to work. All this war was gonna work him to the bone.

Coming from the entrance, a man doned in decorated armor came in. "Hello? I'm looking for Seraphim. My name is Nephalim Kuils." Serpahim couldn't believe his words. He started approaching the man. Half way through the walk, he noticed it, that face was just like his own. "Son..." Seraphim picked up speed and the two collided, holding eachother tightly as they both started crying "My boy, where have you been?" He mumbled through his words. Nephalim replied "I was venturing to see Lady Lust when I got trapped in Ashnod... I thought I'd never see you again, father." Their knees were weak, would it not be for eachother's support, then would have fallen onto their knees.

Sepharim turned to the others. "My apologies. Let's finish this." They took up seats next to eachother. Nephalim gave a small gesture to the rest, as he knew some of them personally. The two whispered to eachother, as Seraphim explained all that was going on with the war. One thing shocked him the most. "Greed is dead? Wait, then that means you guys aren't immortal..." Nephalim's voice picked up a bit. "I'll explain the rest later. We have to get this over with." Seraphim turned to the table and cleared his throat. "For the proposal on the table; aye."

Charity sighed.
"Aye." Better not go against lust when she had that look in her eyes, because if looks could kill... This would be easier, and she agreed. With that, she got up and stretched, pushing in her chair- and she noticed Gluttony was eating his own foot.
Poor thing, she thought, to always be hungry no matter what you ate, never being satisfied. Her heart ached- but it wasn't as if she could wave her hand and give him a 8-course meal- that wasn't in her job description.

Pride too, agreed. He knew well if the war ended, he could think more about himself, and do as such. And, agreeing to ppeace could win Lust's favor once more. He cast a glance at all the others, and raised his hand.
"Aye, I suppose." He said, putting his hair up in a ponytail; it helped expose his rugged, beautiful features.
still have no idea as to what we're agreeing too, so pardon the lack of words

Kharn thought for a moment, it would change everything for the people he had fought with and defended back home. If Pride and his allies got their way, he would most likely be shackled away somewhere where no one could ever find him, and his nation would be crushed and subjugated by whoever decided they wanted to have it. No, Kharn wasn't just going to lie down and take it, he needed to let them know that he wasn't some warmonger who liked waving a sword around, no... he was someone to be feared by those soft weaklings, they never knew true pain, suffering, or hatred like he had. He brought a kingdom to its knees single handedly, he wasn't some dog you kick when it starts bitting. They needed to remember who they were dealing with.

He started, but then stopped again, wasn't him trying to assert his dominance what started this war in the first place, him trying to prove he was the best. If he was going try and leave the past behind, he needed to start with control, controlling himself. He still hurt from the way Serena had just left him. Even though she helped him fight against Pride didn't help, she didn't choose him because she loved him, to her he alawys was,and probably still
is just a toy. He supposed that hurt would never go away, he would just become numb to it. She had tried to reach out to him during the war, but he alawys refused, it only made him resent her more because of it. He finally made up his mind about the decision about the vote. They all thought he was just a mindless killer, something that swept the board clean for no other reason then to do it, we'll they were wrong. "I'll do it, but listen hard and listen good. Blame me all you want, I probably deserve it, but be warned, I didn't do this for anyone here except one person... me. I made a promise to someone I killed during this war that I'd end it with words not a sword. But if any of you ever try and come for me and again, I'll make you wish that you never knew my name." He kept his voice soft, there was no need to yell, all of them knew he kept his promises, for better or for worse. He swept all of them with his gaze as he spoke, ending on Serena, she was the one who ruined him, caused him so much grief, and he would be damned if he let her do it again.

KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa Probably George Probably George CaptainMcNoob CaptainMcNoob

Last edited:
eutemia-i.italic.png

11949853051162234570break_carlos_katastrofsk_.svg.hi.png

Asha wasn't sure what the Lady Lust was attempting to do because it wasn't made clear which part, if either or even both, were being voted and agreed on. It was maddening as she hadn't even summed up, exactly, what was being voted on before calling the vote merely 'what she said', and still hadn't bothered to learn her name despite being told it. It was like a child who had no idea what they were doing but were just trying to get it over with as soon as possible and damn the consequences. The worst part is these people thought ground was being gained, that anything was being settled. It was almost enough to make her want to scream in frustration and the speech given by the Murderer flew in the face of the entire premise of establishing a grounds for fair and neutral conversation.

They were just chanting whatever seemed easiest to get them out, it... Never, in her entire lifetime, would she figure her Father would have been one of the smarter and more reasonable of the Fourteen, but it seemed life still had much to teach her. But she didn't bother to correct them, to attempt to clarify the situation, it was best to let them think they had managed something so when they left, Asha could reach out to various people of power in the nations and work out the finer details, the ones these beings couldn't seem to wrap their minds around either from the lack of ability or a simple, childish, refusal not to.​

"Perhaps you all need an outside perspective." A tall woman donned in regal armour of golds and bronzes marched into the hall, a small train of soldiers at her back. "The eyes of the onlooker are the most keen."

Rhea's ship had sailed for weeks to arrive here, a long and tiresome journey for her now, at last, to see an end to things, though her ship had not travelled alone. Gaius had strongly advised against this course of action, as his gaze had settled on Rhea overly long - she could see him watching, until at last he turned his sight to the fading glass window - she knew why he opposed it, but there was only one way this war ended.

"Unlike your kind, my lands and my people share not your powers of... influence and impact. Truth be, the whole world sits about you, awaiting your next move with bated breath - mothers and fathers lie in fear at night, wondering when the great Gods will rain fire and death upon their children and themselves in your war of beings far greater than they."

The Empress moved her way around the table alone, her guards remaining behind, as she brushed her fringe behind an ear, looking about at these... things. "It is all we can do. Wait for the end; for we are mortal, bound by death. You may think the words of a human unworthy of your ears, but if any of you care for the future of this world, I bid you listen to them."

At last she stood before an empty seat, though remained standing behind it, a hand resting firmly on its back. "This war has lasted long before I was born into this world, even before that of the generation before me. We live in a time where most living creatures have known only this war, your war, their entire lives." She paused, looking around at the fourteen. Were she not well used to this, Rhea would be trembling by now, to be speaking in front of these things she so despised.

"The world needs time to heal, and the people need time to revive their faith in their gods," She swallowed the bitterness in her mouth, "But the world cannot heal while you all continue to exert yourselves over it." Her gaze dropped for just a second, almost as if she hesitated continuing, before returning to her steely expression, "What happens when one of you dies?" She looked about once more, "In time you are reborn into this earth, or so the tales imply; perhaps in a year, or ten, or one hundred... but you return. I hope you will consider this well, because the world needs time, and there is only one way to provide it."

She placed both hands against the chair, gripping tightly, for these could be the last words she utters, "Forfeit your lives. Leave this world until your eventual return, and allow it to rebuild itself once more."

Well, that was it. Rhea had told them all to kill themselves... let's hope they have a sense of necessity... or at least a sense of humour. Though there was always the alternative.

Nephalim was shocked by Rhea's words. Kill themselves?! He shot up from his chair "You hold your tongue!" Seraphim grabbed his wrist "Nephalim, sit down, we don't-" Nephalim wasn't done. "If you're to say the rest of the fourteen should just kill over, why don't you start with yourself?!" Seraphim jumped up next to him. "Nephalim! Leave your feelings at the door! Now you sit and speak up when you're wanted!" Seraphim got serious. It was very rare for him to have a "dad" moment like this.

Seraphim cleared his throat. "We apologize. But my son has a point... Rhea I believe? I believe we've met before. As a human yourself, it's not possible for you to understand our curicum stances and general... being. I've talked with everyone at this table. I know their pasts. We have all felt pain, to the point where we felt like death was the only option left. But we didn't succumb. And know look at us. Most of us are leading kingdoms, bringing homes to families. And you'd wish to tear us from our thrones which we give from, just because of a war that you don't understand? Like I said, my boy is right. As empress, you know how devastating it would be if your kingdom lost you. So if you expect us to take our own lives, then you commit first."

Seraphim wasn't just going to let some Nobel human make her way in, uninvited, and prance her words around the place. He kept the thought to himself, but no one gave a damn she was here. She wasn't important to the war. So none of this involved her. The only reason she was let in by the guards was because of her being empress. Seraphim would have a word with the guards in a second, telling them to contact him before letting anyone else in.

Rhea threatened an eye roll at the pair, but restrained herself reluctantly. "Leading kingdoms?" She scoffed, "Are you so ignorant of your own transgressions? There's only one thing to understand about war - it perverts us, makes us cruel; in war we do things we never quite thought we could, all in the name of victory - perhaps for the 'greater good', be that your blindness consoles you that it is indeed the greater." The human scoffed, pulling the chair roughly and casting a quick glance to her guardsmen. One of the rear soldiers departed from the room alone, and Rhea seated herself calmly as she looked over at her opposer.

"No doubt all of you find yourselves conflicted with power. One man’s saviour is another’s enemy, and forever we're caught in this circle of whom to sacrifice and who to save. We, as individuals with agency in this world, must be responsible but cautious." She sniffed, looking about at the room of supposed ancient and wisened beings as though she was the greater among them, ever the regal figure. "We may all die," She chuckled dryly, for that wasn't entirely correct, "But we can choose to do greatness before we do. You can war until the end of time , and the world will remember you. But what will you regret as you die? At what cost will you continue to cling to life?”

“We Humans are very conscious of our death, our lives are fleeting, meaningful. They are filled with the joys and sadness that plague the world. The Beast-folk live by the moons and find solace dying beneath them. The Elves have a romantic connection to nature, and returning to is a tentative but natural end. Some haunted individuals hang on to life as Vampires and 'Gods'," She took a breath, "And will someday die as well."

The Empress' glare was deathly as she looked up at the one whom spoke to her, the Father of this Nephalim, "I understand this war far better than any at this table. I have spent every moment of my life a part of this war, and yet apart from it. I too, as so many others, have lived with the fear of knowing that one day the war will reach my border, and I shall be powerless to stop it - so do NOT say that I cannot understand your circumstances because it is you, fiend, that cannot understand mine!"

Rhea leaned back in her seat, relaxing her taut posture that she had not noticed had grown tight with anger, "I do not fret that my country should lose me, I fear that my country will lose itself - to a fight that is not even their own. Look beyond yourselves," She at last addressed the others in the hall once more, "Your war, for whatever reason it started, is no longer about you. It is about everything and everyone around you."

She sighed, lacing her fingers together coldly, "I have no desire to 'tear you from your thrones' - I wish to see the world recover from the wounds that you have dealt it. What ills have I brought? What devastation? What threat? You request that I in turn sacrifice myself for your wrongs because you have already closed your mind to the simple fact that this world cannot thrive in your presence."

The room was filled with beings beyond comprehensible strength and power, creatures that could level kingdoms with the wave of a hand, she was right - they had grown selfish in their high thrones, oblivious to the people beneath them. They had forgotten that not everyone could live forever... what must we suffer in our lives for their contentment?

"Imbalance - that is what your existence means. The balance of power is what maintains the stability of the world, and the sanctity of its people. The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they lack the means of self-defence. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside.... horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them... the weak will become prey." She quirked an eyebrow at them, "You understand what I'm telling you? There are only two means by which peace can be maintained - if all the world was balanced in power, or if all the world was rid of it."

She cracked open an unkind smile, "And since you've exhausted the former to the point we now sit at, only the latter remains available to us. To you. Don't disregard the option just because you don't like it - sacrifice is necessary. Any leader should know that." The Empress was really stepping on toes now, but she almost didn't care. She hated these creatures, but more importantly... she was right about them.

1524887196226-png.433330

So much had just transpired in a mere amount of seconds. Serena watched as Seraphim's son entered, a man..no longer the small boy she once saw him as many years ago. It seems he had finally grown up, but where? Where had he been all these years? She remember the day he went missing..he was actually traveling to her lands..but he was so young..just a little squirt back then. A soft smile crossed her face as she watched the two rejoice over seeing each other once again. Truly, it was a happy moment; one she was glad she got to witness. Serena would never come to understand the love of a parent, as her's had perhaps never truly loved her..and she did not care to have children of her own. It was an interesting thought, but Serena knew she was not cut out to be a mother by any means, her reasoning being one she kept to herself. Then there was Kharn's words and the look in his eyes when they finally met her's. Her chest felt like it had been hit, her heart on fire like it had been stabbed by actual weapons rather than words. She knew it..she always had. Kharn hated her for everything that had happened..and she would find no forgiveness from him..as that was expected. Kharn..she had truly lost him..and there was no one to blame but herself. In the end, she was the blame for everything that had transpired. Serena knew this and she alone would bare the burden for all that was to come, it would always be her eternal punishment. The blood of so many rested in her hands, and her hands alone. Slowly the smile on her face faded as she turned from Kharn's eyes and swept them over the crowd. Everyone had agreed. Finally..peace was coming..finally the nations could rejoice..finally the people were free. It say this day made her heart sing would be an understatement, as there were no words for how jubilant she was that the war she had started one hundred years ago was finally over. Of course there would still be radicals, slayers, warriors, and so much more trying to prevent peace, but so long as they all held true to their word..peace would last. Serena had finally ended it. Was this what Seraphim meant when he said she could end the war? Perhaps, but she would debate that at a later time, now was the time that she should act. Now was the time to move forward.

Or so she thought. In burst a woman clad in armor, soldiers at her back. The human empress. Her name escaped Serena at this moment, but her next move was one that Serena had yet to anticipate. Kill themselves? An interesting thought that even Serena had debated for a long time. To die and end the suffering of so many. Yes..this was a thought Serena had many times before this meeting, at one point..no. Serena would not think about this, not now when she should be rejoicing for the peace that would sweep the lands. This woman..she had quite the pair on her. Then spoke the young Nephalim, his words were so strong but cut off by his father who also spoke his opinion. A shame, but her words rang in Serena's mind as she sighed deeply. "Enough." She said, her words strong as the bounded off the stone walls of the cathedral. "Rhea was it? You come into our meeting bearing armor and soldiers..you bring about the mere idea of us sacrificing ourselves.." She paused as she walked forward, arms extended as if she was embracing everyone in the room, the soft glow of the sun behind her peaking in from the stained glass windows, her long wavy purple hair flowing behind her as she continued to walk. "Each and every person in this cathedral as made a sacrifice. Each one of us have endured hardships. This war was my fault and I alone bare that burden. Each of these lovely people had no reason to die. Each one of us were born into this world for whatever reason, not even I or the Grand Wizards of Zodia have yet to dissolve the mysteries of our birth." She paused to take a small breath as she lowered her arms. "You speak of power imbalance, yet..each of us are balanced. We are no gods, we are simply people. The people we govern and rule know us as gods because they will it to be so, were they to lose us it would cause world wide chaos. Do you truly think all of us dying right here would heal the world? Because if so then you are truly naive. I have seen things beyond this realm, and I assure you that humans like you are no match for them. We are the only being that could perhaps withstand the rage of what lies out of the realm. We are what protects this world, unlike you who does not come near the power it would take to balance the realms. I ask but a simple question, what were you to do should your nation fall to a power you could not fathom? Something far greater than us?" Serena asked, her deep red eyes serious. Did this woman not understand what the fourteen's purpose was? It was to protect this realm from the rest, but then again..it was likely that she had not even fathomed that there were other realms out there. It would be laughable to her were it not for the fact that Serena fought day in and day out to protect Zodia. She risked her life to save those who could not withstand the power of the shadow realm. In fact, Serena was going to do so now. Protecting this realm was the one thing that kept her here, the one thing that had always prevented her from sacrificing herself. She knew the others likely had no idea what she spoke of, but it came from the heart. As much as Serena did not like to show her true self, sometimes it was necessary. Perhaps Serena could show this woman the other realm. Show her the horrors that awaited this realm should the fourteen ever fall.

August August Probably George Probably George CaptainMcNoob CaptainMcNoob Ryoko Lee Ryoko Lee Midrick Midrick Wackadoodle0987 Wackadoodle0987

Rhea laughed, audibly, in the face of this 'woman'. It wasn't an amused laugh, it was a mockery, a blatant and obvious insult that echoed around the room with bitter disbelief.

"Your words are empty." Her face turned sour, grimacing at them, "Lovely people? Protection? Sacrifice?" The Empress spat, her narrowed eyes pinned on this liar, "Yes, indeed. Just how many people have you sacrificed in your war? And for what?" She seethed, "Answer me!" Rhea slammed her hand down hard enough to hurt, "For what?!" Her voice almost broke as she shouted, filled with rage and accusation, "A hundred years of war, and do you even remember why it was you were fighting? Was it worth it?"

She scoffed, glaring around at those about them, "These people you supposedly protect, apparently provide for; they give you their sons and daughters, their fathers and their mothers and their loved ones to fight and kill and die for you, while you sit here in your high thrones, cup of wine in one hand and your mountain of well-lived life at your back. What the fuck do you know about sacrifice?" She roared, eyes aflame with an unparalleled hate.

"How many of you have died for them? How many of you have sacrificed your lives to see this war ended? Your immortality has only served to strengthen your blind and witless actions into instinct, so you cannot even see your wrongful actions as they are." Rhea's tone was losing its anger, filled only now with contempt, "Now you want to frighten me with bedtime stories of monsters children fear at night?" Rhea's face contorted, her voice dry and cruel, "You are the monsters I fear. You are threat I pray every night won't come and take from me what little I have left - won't take the lives from my people as you have so many your own."

Rhea's gaze turned back to the woman, "You ask what I would do if I faced unfathomable power? Well here I am, facing it, telling it that it is the greatest threat I know, and I will do everything to protect my country from it."

Last edited:
For the first time in forever, Ottos ceased to appease his hunger pangs and listened to Rhea's words. Although she was telling them to off themselves, he was starstruck by her appearance even though she meant more trouble for the group. She made some valid points for a mortal, something that Ottos could admire but at the same time her demands only endangered the people after her. It was quite the conundrum actually, something that he would certainly think about at night when he lay awake in his bed. Assuming he made it to a bed.
Lowering his head towards Serena, and muttering something about forgiveness, Ottos opened his mouth. He only meant to bite off a small piece of her dress at the end, but he seemed to have gotten a bit greedy in his bite so the rip at the bottom of her dress was very noticeable. Munching on the fabric with as much grace a hungry pig could muster, he swallowed what he hoped would be enough to sustain him for just a little while longer. The eating of her dress wasn't exactly a surprise, Ottos had gotten into her wardrobe more than once during one of his hungry fits. No, it was the puff of smoke that engulfed the pig form that would be a surprise.
It was a quick puff that concealed his entire form, and dissipated in just a mere seconds. In place of the small pig that was just moments ago gnawing at his own foot, was a man. This was the form Ottos preferred using outside of his pig form, a simple young man of blue eyes who was dressed in average traveling garments. Nothing as fancy as the dress Ottos had just taken a bit of, not even close. He wanted to be more presentable to Rhea, and talk to her eye to eye rather than looking up from her feet.
Still, he was feeling rather ravenous now, more so than when he was in his pig form. Wrapping his arms around himself in a small attempt to hold himself together, Ottos stepped up from Serena's side, placing himself in front of her.
"I'm always so hungry, more so like this . . ." He sighed as he glanced over at Charity, who he caught staring at him moments ago when he was in his pig form, "I really don't fancy the idea of making a mess here, so if you would so kindly provide some food," He took another deep breath and added, "Please."
Now that he had that out of the way, he held himself as he prepared himself to speak.
"You're not wrong. Our existence is questionable at best, and it is true that we hold what could possibly be the greatest threat to you and your people . . . Of course your solution is flawed. The ideal isn't wrong in itself, having us out of the picture for the world to heal would eliminate the possibility of the 14 causing anymore damage, but that also means you would have to convince us to off ourselves seeing as we hold more power than you. Right now, no offense to you, it seems that you're angering everyone rather than convincing them with your words." Ottos paused to let that hang over in her head for a bit as he gripped himself tighter, the waves of hunger increasing with every breath.
Mind over matter, he kept telling himself, If I don't think about it, it won't bother me as much. Another deep breath to calm himself was enough for him to finish,

"If you want to protect your people, settle down before you ignite a fire that'll consume us all. You know as much as all of us here if not more what happens the 14 is riled up, no matter how ridiculous it is. Pardon my demands, but if you would indulge in civilized conversation, I am sure that at least some of us here would reach a common understanding rather than lash out at each other with raw emotions."
The lady was harsh in her reasoning, but her fear was justified. Even if she spoke in harsh tones, it piqued his curiosity as he had always been a sucker to hear the voices of the other side. Turning to the others to properly address them before he returned to his usual silence, "That goes for all of us. Yes, she is saying things that might not sit right with you, but understand her place in all this. This is what happens when we make mistakes. So instead of meeting her anger with your own anger, remember the suffering we have all brought to these people over things we acted upon impulse."
Another hunger wave hit him, and he found himself clutching at himself in a rather ungraceful manner. I really should have packed more food for this.
KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa , Wackadoodle0987 Wackadoodle0987 , Midrick Midrick , Probably George Probably George , Ryoko Lee Ryoko Lee , CaptainMcNoob CaptainMcNoob

Kharn had heard enough of this 'Rhea' he was tired of all this, the bickering, the arguments, he never thought he would say or think it but he had unknowingly agreed with what Asha was thinking. They were al, trying to take the easiest way out to end the talks about ending this war. It stupified Kharn to think that after hundreds of years worth of fighting had gone on and they were all just trying to do the quickest job like a couple of kids who had been told to do some yard work. And this uninvited guest was only making it worse by telling them to off themselves. What Serena said had been true, there was a threat looming in the distance, Kharn had saw it vaguely in dreams, saw the things that came from it, they were too similar to what he looked like in his true form, but that was a matter for another day. He had an idea of what to do with this woman... and it wasn't exactly what Charity would appreciate, but it would shut her up. He had two choices of what he was thinking about, throw her out, literally, or let cooler heads prevail. He was leaning towards the entire grab her by the collar and chuck her, but that wouldn't quite be smiled upon.

As he was deliberating his choices then Ottos had spoken up, it suprised Kharn, he hadn't expected Gluttony to show up. Kharn thought he would be gorging himself somewhere. If Kharn took pity on anyone it was him, to be living in a constant state of hunger, never being fufilled, that was true pain. Maybe him and Kharn had more in common than he thought. Then that Rhea bitch started yelling, if there was anything that Kharn hated it was someone yelling while he was thinking. His irritation was beginning to make itself evident, he started looking for someone to get her out. He looked toward Seraphim and his son, he would just do his entire middle of the road 'I'm not on anyone's side' and then go into a monolog. Serena just tried and it failed, Ottos would probably get the same results as she did. Neveah wouldn't let Kharn do his thing. Azazel would probably just start bragging about how perfect he was. It seemed as if the entire meeting had just descended into madness, again. So seeing as his options were quite limited Kharn did the simple thing he got up, went to the door, opened it, and left. He wasn't going to get an earful about how he shouldn't fight on Neveah's lands. Before he left to go sit on the steps leading to the main doors he looked toward Asha, what he was about to do would either be bad or turn out really bad. He wouldn't be suprised if Godric decided to make an appointment with his fist to go into Kharn's face. He walked over in a hushed tone he asked her "Could you enlighten me about your plan to fix this mess of a war? Preferably outside where there isn't a shouting match going on." as he asked he was waiting for the afformentioned fist to destroy his nose. But while he was waiting he thought about the way Serena had looked after he delivered his entire 'don't fuck with me' speech. She looked like he hurt her. Bad. It went against his better judgment but he would talk to her, he hoped, no, prayed he wouldn't make the same mistakes as last time.

KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa CaptainMcNoob CaptainMcNoob

1524887196226-png.433330

Serena did not have time for the woman and her game of words. The more time she wasted here the more time that she risked her nation falling to ruin, and it was clear to Serena that this woman cared not for what she had to say. Just as Serena was going to leave, Ottos, in his little piggy form, took a bite of her dress. He was starving, that much was evident when he transformed. She knew the more he was human, the longer he would lose himself to the hunger..to the beast within him..she had to get him out of here. Serena watched as he stepped before her, no longer a pig but man and spoke to this woman, his sanity hanging in the balance. Once he finished, Serena shook her head softly before lightly placing her pale hand upon his shoulder. "Ottos, enough. We must go now before things get worse." She warned him, the look in her deep red eyes showing a deep care she had for him, the only man who perhaps ever understood her in ways most others did not. Ottos and Serena had known each other for many many years, one could perhaps say that they grew up together, and right now she understood just how much her beloved friend was suffering. Ottos of course would know that her words were not only for her country, but for worry of him as well. She cared not for the clothing he had ripped, hell he could of ate the whole thing and she would not of minded, he had a hunger that needed to be sated immediately. Serena's eyes moved to the woman, Rhea, as they filled with anger. "I would suggest you watch yourself human." She spoke, her words hard and strained before she lowered her hand from Ottos, then proceeded to pick him up princess style and carry him away, her eyes set forward, her face straight and her lips pressed into a thin line.

As she passed Kharn, she didn't say a word to him or look in his direction, as he had the right idea. It was far better to leave than to sit here and listen to what this woman had to say. There were lives at risk and if this woman did not wish to believe they were real..then that was her problem, Zodia would not come to her rescue if she ever called. Once outside, Serena whistled a small tune, one she used to summon Drakora. "You're going to be just fine." She whispered to Ottos before looking down at him with a small smile, her eyes soft. Yes. He was going to be fine so long as she had a say in it. She would not let the beast consume him, she would not allow him to wreak havoc where she had made peace. No. Shortly after her whistle, Drakora's mighty roar would be heard above them as the giant dragon landed before his master. Looking to the dragon, Serena walked to his side and gently placed Ottos upon the saddle before she dug into one of the saddle bags and pulled out a rather decently sized bag, handing it to Ottos before she boarded Drakora. "Eat. Those should last you quite a while, I made them myself." She said, giving him a bright smile before she looked toward Kharn, the smile now fading as she called to him, "Kharn, we shall return as soon as we can, please inform the others the urgent matters have arose in Zodia." She said, her voice hard once more before Drakora ascended to the sky. "To Zodia Drakora, quickly. We haven't the time to delay." She said and he took off, flying faster than he had before, as he could feel the urgency between their bond. They had no time to waste, the longer it took..the more lives were lost to that damned cultists 'greater god'. She would not allow this! They thought they had seen her angry before, but that was only a mere taste to what they would receive today. She was going to show their 'god' just what it meant when you messed with her kingdom. She was going to show whatever this 'god' was that she meant business. Serena was no longer playing around with them, not anymore. Today they would face the true power of one of the fourteen. "Ottos darling, I know you probably didn't want to return after coming all this way..but I'm afraid I need you. Okay?" This time when she spoke, she did not look back at him, instead she only faced the wind, her long purple hair blowing out behind her as they flew.

Midrick Midrick August August

As some began to leave, out of anger, frustration or irritation, Rhea kept her steely expression, but inside she was grinning widely. It seemed the first step was easier than she had expected.
-----
Several weeks prior.

"Your Grace, this is reckless. You can't-"

"Rhea," The Empress snapped, "How many times must I remind you Gaius? When we are alone, you are my friend before you are my advisor."

"Then as your friend," The soldier pleaded, "Don't continue with this plan. It's impossible, you cannot kill a member of the Fourteen, let alone all of them."

She laughed, drumming her fingers rhythmically against the long-table, "You only say that because no one ever has. I don't fancy these tales of beings incapable of death," Rhea looked up with sinister eyes, "Everything dies."

Gaius approached the table, leaning in with a lowered tone, "Be that as it may, we still lack the strength or the means by which to defeat them. It is a war we cannot win."

"Quite right!" The Royal grinned childishly, "And when faced with an enemy you cannot defeat in battle... how do you beat them?"

A silence hung in the air for a few moments, Gaius was caught between trying to work it out, and suffering through thoughtless disbelief at Rhea's unfounded confidence. "Rhea," He breathed, "You won't win this fi-"

"Terrorism, Gaius," She scowled, "You force the people to lose faith in the protection of their leaders, without a country they are powerless. You sew mistrust between them, force them to just consider, just wonder who is to blame - they will be torn, ripe for the picking." Rhea's fingers stilled as one cold eye glanced over to her Protector, "And then you crush what remains."
-----
Present
"Is this the quality of the company I've heard spoken of in legend? They strop like children, so offended by the truth." Rhea's fiery gaze drifted, "Are there any others too weak to bear the burden of shame?"

Soon her men would be ready, soon she would commence.

Last edited:
Seraphim was tired of this. The mad empress kept spouting nonsense like a child talking about sword fighting. She knew nothing of what she spoke of. Seraphim lifted himself from hisseat. "This has gone on long enough. You all have my answer on whether to end this or not. Come, son, let's make our way." He thought to help Lust, as both an apology, and so Nephalim could talk to her again. Regardless of the issues he had with her, she was still kin. It would be hard of her to make him truly hate her. "Where are we going?" Nephalim asked. He just arrived and now he's leaving? They started moving out"Ser-" He paused, cringing a bit. "Lust might need some help. There's a band of cultists that have been operating somewhere near her city, and with how distraught she seemed, it's likely they're making a move. Plus you never got a proper hello." "Gone for 182 years and you're already putting me to work." He lightly scoffed with a small laugh included.

The two set off, Seraphim carrying Nephalim as he flew. Shortly in the distance, they saw Lust's dragon flying ahead of them. Best keep distance, as dragons are known to be territorial of the skies. "I can't remember the last time I saw the world from so high up. It's beautiful. Wait, we're going to Zodia? That's a really far travel, wouldn't it be easier to ask Lust to ride on the dragon with her? It wouldn't be good for you to arrive there fatigued, especially with that wound that's soaking into my back." "Lust and I had... a falling out. I said and did somethings that I'm sure made her resent me very much. It's rough, son. The life of... for lack of better words, a god, is very rough. You'd think after knowing her for almost a thousand years, you'd think I would know exactly how to talk to her. But even I have a temper. Albeit one that can be reached very easily by some people. She might allow you on, but I don't think she want my presence around her beast. I wouldn't be surprised if she ordered it to bite me out of the sky" Seraphim was only half serious. He thought to himself; now that Nephalim had fully matured, he could easily develop feelings for Lust. A "childhood friend" love. His wife had explained a similar scenario that she went through, so Seraphim thought it was very likely. He just feared Nephalim's heart being broken if he did admit feelings to her. But he was a man now, so Seraphim had to let Nephalim make his own decisions.

Ottos really wanted to carry out this conversation with Rhea, but he didn't exactly have a choice nor did he have the strength to resist Serena as she carried him away. Being this way was more of a curse than an actual power of the gods, and if it wasn't for the goddess of trouble herself saving him, he would have lost it. As he was carried off, he gripped himself tightly as he controlled his breathing, focusing on keeping it at bay while Serena carried him away. In between his drifting thoughts and hunger pangs, he couldn't help but hope he'd see Rhea again so they could have a proper talk. Maybe he'd learn more than he did as a pig listening in on commoners, and maybe he'll find out she is an excellent cook. Food again, think of anything other than food . . . He scolded himself, tightening his grip as his vision started to blur.
Anything would be good. He'd take anything he could if only the emptiness would stop clawing at him from within, spreading to the very depths of his soul and pulling him down. "You're going to be just fine", kept echoing in his head, disconnected and lost to a void almost taunting him with how close it was. Then the smell hit him.
Anything would be good. If he could just fill himself up, anything would be fine . . .

"Okay?"
Ottos's eyes snapped open, the world around him much brighter. Frantically he looked around, finding himself suddenly behind Serena on her dragon, and him halfway into a bag of an aroma that sang to his nose that it was made by Serena. Normally he'd complain about Serena's lovely locks blowing into his face, but he was honestly just relieved to have something good to fill him up. He was fine, she had made sure of it as always. Wiping his hand clean as much as he could, he used it to push her hair aside to peer forward. A welcomed breath of fresh air after the earlier atmosphere, even if they would be heading somewhere much darker. Now that his hunger wasn't threatening to overwhelm him, Ottos remembered of the situation back at home that Serena was fighting so hard against. Leaning forward so she could him over the roaring of the wind as they flew,
"By godspeed m'lady, it'll be the first you come first."

eutemia-i.italic.png

11949853051162234570break_carlos_katastrofsk_.svg.hi.png

Things were progressing... oddly. With them agreeing to something that they didn't understand or comprehend which only made her aggravated at the situation and at their blatant, and willful, ignorance. They didn't care what happened so long as they could be somewhere, anywhere, else, and it was that blatant disregard for everything that dragged them to this place and cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of people and it was all the more curse that such beings could never die, being able to be reborn and so cheating Asha of even wishful musings. Then an uninvited party decided to show up, the Empress of Celebrant, or perhaps Empress of the Isles? In truth, Asha wasn't sure which it was, had entered and began insulting all the parties present. Of course, the fact that she asked people to kill themselves for peace never really seemed to register with the woman as, hands down, the worst way Asha had ever considered establishing a peace with and it only got worse as the woman who, as far as Asha knew, had never really taken part in the war and it all merely seemed like a strained envy of an immortality she wanted but could never obtain, it was childish and considering how badly the leaders present had agreed to a 'peace' they didn't understand, Asha's patience was at her limit.

To her astonishment, confusion and more then a healthy dose of rage and fear, Wrath, Kharn, approached her to hear more about her idea, the only one who seemed to have even attempted to listen and consider her words. It was a rush of emotion that traveled through her, gratitude that someone managed to listen, for once, anger that the being would dare approach her after taking away his brother that was, by and far, the strongest of the emotions and was threatening to burn the rest away, it was something she had to deal with, she knew that before entering, but it was quite another to face it in person, "Do you have a representative that you trust to speak in your place," Asha asked keeping her tone neutral. Peace or not, her ambitions or not, if she could avoid speaking with her brother's killer, she would prefer it.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back