• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Beach (Modern Police RP)

Minyari

Information
Venice Beach, Los Angeles which receives millions of visitors a year, has been labeled as "a cultural hub known for its eccentricities" as well as a "global tourist destination. With those millions of people how does the law enforcement deal with such large crowds and narrow streets? The men and women of the Los Angeles Police Department's Bicycle Coordination Unit (BCU) take the challenging task head on! Tasked with several duties such as; patrol, rapid responses, gang suppression, narcotics enforcement, and much more! The BCU takes care of them all!

In this vibrant and exciting environment you will be roleplaying as a police officer of the Bicycle Coordination Unit or BCU for short! You are assigned specifically to the West Bureau, Pacific Division, BCU - 14 (Unit - 14) and are highly trained to accomplish any challenging task that may come across on the streets of Venice Beach! You may think riding a bike around the streets of one of the nicest beaches on the West Coast is a relaxing and laid back task. However, maneuvering through crowds on a hot summer day, all the while attempting to enforce the law is anything but relaxing!

Rules & Guidelines
Besides following and obeying the rules set by Roleplay Nation, I do have some specific rules that are quite simple I think!

RESPECT - Self explanatory, please do keep in mind of others. Being respectful and courteous is a must and when leaving the roleplay please do drop a message.

GRAMMAR - When typing any sort of text please do use proper grammar and English. I'm not an English teacher and neither do I plan to be but please do have the proper grammar when typing up a roleplay related text!

REALISM - Be reasonable. Don't have your character be some god-like character who can roam the streets shooting people at the random and now have any sort of consequence. A good balanced character should suffice so please do not be that "guy". Anime/animated/drawing pictures are not permitted. Use a picture that is at least some what modern!

DRAMA - No drama outside of the roleplay please and keep it IC!

OTHER - I do not require a lengthy paragraph for every roleplay text, just keep it minimal that allows others to roleplay off of it!

Roles
These are the ranks that we will be using in the roleplay:
The roman numerals stand for a higher pay grade and some what of a senior status.

Command Staff -
Lieutenant (I & II)
- Both Lieutenant I & II wear one silver bar.
Sergeant (I & II)
- Sergeant I has three silver chevrons; Sergeant II has three silver chevrons above a silver rocker.

Patrol Staff -
Police Officer (I, II, III, III+)
- Police Officer I & II have no insignia of rank; Police Officer III has two silver chevrons;
- Police Officer III's, who are in advanced pay grades (including Police Office III+I/Senior Lead Officer) have two silver chevrons above a silver star.

WATCH COMMANDER:
Lieutenant I/II (Lt.)
He/she is the face of the unit and it's commanding officer. Rarely patrols on cycle except on shortage of manpower or is required out in the field. Handles the blunt of the paperwork and reports. Field work is delegated to Assistant Watch Commander.
LAPD - BCU Lieutenant Uniform
Standard Issued Stapler, Pen, Paper, and Desk
Duty Belt:
  • Glock 19, 9mm (x1)
  • 10-Round 9mm Magazines (x2)
  • Taser X26 (x1)
  • Baton (x1)
  • Motorola Radio (x1)
  • Pelican Flashlight (x1)
  • Disposable Zip Ties (x2)
ASSISTANT WATCH COMMANDER:
Sergeant I/II (Sgt.)
The Assistant Watch Commander performs the field duties delegated from the Watch Commander and is the primary supervisor. He/she goes out on patrol and supervises the other officers. He/she also manages the personnel's schedule and patrol areas. Using his Lead Officers as his primary eyes on the areas of patrol, he is able to rapid respond to calls when needed.
LAPD - BCU Sergeant Uniform
Giant - Tough Road SLR Bicyle
Bicycle Helmet
Duty Belt:
  • Glock 19, 9mm (x1)
  • Taser X26 (x1)
  • Baton (x1)
  • Motorola Radio (x1)

SENIOR LEAD OFFICER: (0/1 Slots)
Police Officer III+ (SLO.)
The Senior Lead Officer is the most experienced patrol officer in the field, besides the Assistant Watch Commander. Usually tasked with the initial orientation and training of new patrol officers he/she acts as the second Assistant Watch Commander when required.
LAPD - BCU Senior Lead Officer Uniform
Bicycle Helmet
Duty Belt:
  • Glock 19, 9mm (x1)
  • Taser X26 (x1)
  • Baton (x1)
  • Motorola Radio (x1)

LEAD OFFICER: (0/2 Slots)
Police Officer III (LO.)
He/she partners up with patrol officers that have been recently assigned to the unit and is their mentor of the unit's methods in the field.
LAPD - BCU Lead Officer Uniform
Bicycle Helmet
Duty Belt:
  • Glock 19, 9mm (x1)
  • Taser X26 (x1)
  • Baton (x1)
  • Motorola Radio (x1)

PATROL OFFICER: (0/Unlimited Slots)
Police Officer I/II (PO.)
The primary officer in the field. Does the basic duties of a patrol officer and respond to calls. Either a newbie or semi-experienced officer.
LAPD - BCU Patrol Officer Uniform
Bicycle Helmet
Duty Belt:
  • Glock 19, 9mm (x1)
  • Taser X26 (x1)
  • Baton (x1)
  • Motorola Radio (x1)

DETECTIVE: (0/2)
Police Detective I (PD.)
If an investigation is required at a higher level the BCU has it's own detectives to investigate! They are trained in every sort of crime from narcotics to kidnappings!
LAPD - BCU Patrol Officer Uniform (Patrol) / Professional Suit Attire (Investigation)
Giant - Tough Road SLR Bicyle / LAPD - Unmarked Vehicle
Bicycle Helmet
Duty Belt:
  • Glock 19, 9mm (x1)
  • Taser X26 (x1)
  • Baton (x1)
  • Motorola Radio (x1)

code/design by Fable Fable

Last edited:
Hm. No questions, but I'd probably end up going with PATROL OFFICER. Seems like it is the most fluid role and will allow for some pretty cool RP!
Alrighty! I'll be putting up the character sheet by noon tomorrow. Hopefully we have a few more players join but I am fine with the people we have ^-^

My character sheet will be delayed because I'm meeting up with a friend at the weekend and I probably don't have much time free
Sorry

I’m interested by this, do you think i could play a detective? They work alongside police and patrol when there isn’t major investigations, and act as senior patrol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back