• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Bargain

Rose234

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Searching for partners for plot listed below.

Taryn dropped to her knees, eyes brimming with tears as she gazed up at the male before her, fair skinned hands clasped so tightly together her knuckles had gone bone white. Ironic, with the situation she found herself in. Who would have ever thought the multi million dollar businessman that women drooled over and men wanted to be, was also death himself?

"You don't understand I-I-" she stumbled over her words, so many things to say that the words were all jamming together on the tip of her tongue. It felt like everything she could say was getting tangled in a big mess. "Please, this can't be how it ends. I have so much left to do-"

She was sure he had heard the same pleas over and over again, countless times. Someone as ageless as him would have heard it all by now surely. "I'll do anything. Please..." The words were soft, resigned even. She knew her fate was closing quickly around her like a vise.

In her blonde hair, a red rose was tucked into the curly tresses, wilting ever so slowly in his presence.

He seemed to be considering somehow, as if her offer actually was intriguing. Maybe it was. Or maybe he was just bored and needed a new soul to play with.

"Anything?" His voice sounded like smooth velvet, sleek and expensive all at once much like the finery he was dressed in.

Taryn nodded vigorously, head bobbing so enthusiastically the rose tumbled to the ground, petals falling loose and scattering. A slow grin spread across his lips, and he reached out a hand. Hope flared in her chest, quick and fierce.

"A bargain then." It wasn't a question, it sounded like pure command.

Foolishly, Taryn didn't question what the bargain was. Instead she slipped her hand into his icy one, seeing nothing but a chance in front of her. Any chance at life was better than for her life to cease completely.
A flash of something like lightning filled the air and then a stinging pain crawled up her wrist. Black spread from his hand up to hers, coiling around her wrist. Warmth spread and then white hot pain. Before she could scream the pain faded just as suddenly. Around her wrist was two snakes coiled, eating each others tails like a macabre bracelet. It looked like a tattoo of Ouroboros in the blackest of inks. Unlike a tattoo, It swirled around her wrist, like shadow or smoke.

She pulled her arm back in wonder, and then rose to her feet slowly. The bargain had left a physical mark on her. She looked up once again, a clear question written in crystalline blue eyes.

"You're to join me both here and in my realm. Rule by my side as queen for the next year. If you do well, you'll be released from our bargain, born again as an immortal."

"And if I fail?"

A smirk graced his lips. "Then your soul joins the others."

Fear and panic danced in her stomach, both feelings battling for dominance. This sounded as if it were a bargain the handsome male had made before. She wasn't surprised. Hadn't she heard the devil himself comes dressed not in fear, but as everything you ever dreamed?

((Okay! So we've all heard the Hades and Persephone myth! I wanted to give it a different spin, instead of god and goddess, this is a king of the underworld and a mortal woman desperate to escape dying. This will not be an immediate romance, in fact I want the characters to work against each other a bit at first. Now- I imagine this being modern times and death himself is some big business man, high up in the media and the public eye. So we'll be working in two 'worlds' per say. Ours, and the underworld. This will be advanced lit to novella.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back