• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Thieves of Victoria (Magi-tech fantasy).

Wendji99

(The following is just a sample idea; we can use this setting for all kinds of different stories and characters, this is just one idea we could build on).

Aleister Shohbin descended. That familiar rush kicked in, but he had to focus. His Regalia glowed brightly; a familiar cyan. The glow spread to his fingertips and his right foot like a web of energy and grinded his body against the Pillar as he slid downward. His momentum slowed until he jumped onto one of the lower levels of Victoria, level 6. The slums, as they were affectionately called.

Victoria, like many cities, was a massive metropolis that supported itself on several hundred atlas-like pillars that supported entire streets and sections of the city. These were separated into several different Levels that were suspended at different elevations. The lowest 3 levels were the first initial ones to have been built by the City Alchemists. Very few ventured down there anymore.

Victoria was about to celebrate it’s 1000th year of existence. This was undoubtedly an incredible feat, though admittedly sort of bittersweet. Victoria, and essentially every City-State that currently existed had only been built because of The Fog.

The record books had been vague on a lot of things regarding the initial wave of the Fog and the Shadows that came with it. The only thing that seemed sure was that it had come about due to the chaos of magic. Pure magic, in retrospect, had been a complete betrayal of the natural order of the world. The inherently chaotic nature of pure magic brought unintended consequences and inevitably unleashed unspeakable horrors. Unwordly creatures that had suddenly appeared with the Fog, both born from excess magic that had been left unnoticed.

Some theorized the Shadows were creatures of instinct. There were records of people that believed these Shadows sometimes whispered things to them as they slept. Or visited them in their dreams.

In any case, nothing could stop the unrelenting horde. The only way they could escape were the Pillars. The use of pure magic only created more chaos and fueled the beasts, thus Mages had been forced to have their magic work hand and hand with the natural order of the world rather than defy it. This new magic was called Alchemy and it was used to create thousands of cities like Victoria.

Soon, few were old enough to remember the world below that they’d abandoned, and eventually there was no one left who’d even seen the Lower World with their own eyes.

Aleister’s steps were light as he made his way through the cracked brick streets of Level 6 and eventually to the Thieves Den, as his brother Jacob often like calling it. He touched the Regalia on the back of his hand to the crest in the middle of the large circular door. It slowly spun counter clockwise until it opened and revealed a thing metal pole.

Closing the door behind him, Aleister touched his hand to the pole. His hand clung tightly to the pole as if it had a mind of its own and it slid upward with a startling speed. His entire body rapidly shot up to the top floor of the Den, the lounge.

It was an incredible large and spacious room, and yet it had a sort of cozy atmosphere to it. His companions were all scattered around the room off doing their own tasks. Some stood around a map of Victoria and came up with strategies, some worked on various vehicles or Alchemic devices, and some simply rested. Jacob was looking out the massive one-way window with his silver telescope.

Aleister ignored his brother and simply strode last him as he noticed Agnis. She was out of her Artifice. Agnis was hardly dangerous as she was, but it still posed a potential threat that made some of the thieves a bit wary of her when she was out the large metal Alchemically made suit she normally wore.

She stared off into the distance as her body shone softly and crackled gently. She was a victim of Pure Magic, it had taken every single bit of physical matter in his body and converted it into a hot energy resembling fire. One that took her years to control properly. She’d only resorted to using Pure Magic to get back at the Nobility, it was something they could all at least empathize with.

And there was anyone of them who had a justified grudge against the elite ruling class of Victoria, it was her.

“Hey, there.” He lightly said to get her attention. Her expression suddenly changed to a forced smile as she regarded him.

“Hey, yourself. Ready for tonight?” She asked. God, the heist. It never got easier, did it? Or less nerve racking.

“Of course. We’ll likely have to deal with Terra and the Noble Guard this time, you know that right?”

Agnis offered a sincere grin this time and her entire body shone brighter and more intense as her flames grew slightly.

“Can’t wait.”

————————

9E28C24E-FC57-40C2-9A57-0C14D2AE7B56.jpeg

7EEEED31-14CA-4DD4-9126-EC5B3A3A64D5.jpeg

Hello everyone! This is an idea that I’ve been really craving to explore and flesh out with someone who loves worldbuilding just as much as I do! I left things a bit open so we can decide things together, and everything is also up to change if you have your own ideas! I’d really love to contribute to this world equally with someone and conjure up a setting and story that’ll really set our imaginations on fire!

The general idea that we’re part of a group of rebels/thieves that fight against the fascistic elite ruling class of the Alchemy-powered sky city Victoria! Whether we start at the beginning of this group’s existence or somewhere else along the line is one of the many things we’ll decide together!

I’d also LOVE for this to have an ensemble cast, I love having multiple character types working off of each other and trying out different dynamics. Obviously we’d still have mains that we focus on, though.

The initial idea is inspired by an image you can see in the stickied posts on my profile! It fired up my imagination and I knew I just had to do something with it!

General Requirements:

•Be an adult. Preferably 20+. The roleplay will be sfw, but I’m pretty uncomfortable with writing with someone who’s not an adult.

•Be interested in conversing and discussing the roleplay, as well as mutual collaboration. Collaborating and brainstorming together makes the rp so much more fun! OOC chatter is also appreciated.

•Be detailed and multi para. I generally average 4+ well sized paragraphs because I write a lot, but you obviously don’t have to match me exactly.

•Be willing to write multiple characters, I will do the same. We’ll have mains, but I love having side characters and stuff to make the world and story feel more three dimensional and fleshed out.

And that’s it!

DM me and we can discuss the plot and characters! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Hey. Honestly I might be interested in this. Lmk if you wanna do it, and you can even send me a PM so we can discuss the details.

Oh man... I could pull out my old fire emblem sprites for the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back