• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Bar at the End of the World

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
There is a place that cannot be found, a place that one finds themselves in without any recollection of how that came to be. It is the bar at the end of the world, a nameless bar that exists nowhere and everywhere all at once. It looks like someplace so familiar, yet at the same time fantastical, subtly changing all the time without any of its patrons truly noticing. It could have existed since the beginning of time, or just built the day before yesterday. The wood and chairs are comfortably worn from years of use, yet nowhere is there signs of mistreatment or damage of any sort, and dust seems to vanish from the air before ever finding the time to settle. It is lit by a flickering light that can hypnotize if peered at too closely, electric or flame or something else entirely no one can say. There are tables and chairs all about, too many nooks and corners that make one question the manner of space this place occupies, and a short hallway filled with too many doors, one or two of which should lead to the bathrooms, if the one in need should be lucky. But what your eyes are drawn to upon wandering into this place is the bar itself. It stretches far into the distance, or just a few feet, with seats open for you to sit if that's your wish. There is an out-of-place sign hanging on the wall behind the bar with this place's only rule: no violence. You can see that the bar is well-stocked with every kind of spirit, familiar and foreign, long-dead and to-be-born, and the man behind the bar asks what you'd like. He looks like no human man you've seen before. Well, he does look like a man, in some capacity. His skin is so pale and smooth, no creases forming as he speaks and moves, so as to give him the impression of a statue or doll come to life. His golden hair seems to be actual threads of precious metal, and his eyes of the same appearance seem to at the same time look through and into your very soul and directly at you in a way so free of predisposition and judgement that it's so unlike the gaze of another human. As you sit and are filled with your drink of choice and the strange atmosphere of this place, you find yourself opening up and telling this stranger about yourself. And he listens.

"Welcome friend. What'll it be?"
I wasn't, and am still not, quite sure where to put this idea, so I put it in realistic simply because this story will not involve a lot of interactive conflict or moving parts. This story is, put simply, just individuals talking. There is no action, no fighting, no larger plot. It's simply people from all kinds of places sitting down and talking about themselves and their lives. The purpose of this story is for those who participate to be able to explore the characters they've created in a different way than they're usually used. What if that angsty fighter sat down and talked about their past to someone who wouldn't judge them? What if that Mary Sue stopped for a while to consider their actions? That deplorable villain sat down with a drink and talked about why he did what he did, not as part of a mad monologue to the hero but simply talking to someone? I don't expect most people to be interested in the idea, but hopefully one or two lost souls stumble into the bar at the end of the world.

I want to keep the tone of the story more intimate, so myself and 1-2 participants will be the limit on who's in the bar at any one time. If more people are interested, I'll simply make a note of their name and message them when someone leaves. Any and all characters are allowed to find themselves in this bar, from any source and of any "power level", so long as they are your own creation. Hell, if you want you can have your self-insert wander in for a drink and a chat. I won't even be bothering with sheets, since the whole point of this is to explore the characters. All I ask is that those who join have the ability to handle thinking and writing about their own characters a little deeper than just a surface-level understanding. Short posts are fine, so long as they have meaningful content, but I will kick your character out if anything close to a one-liner pops up. Are you still interested?

Current Guests:
  1. Svisttt Svisttt | Ra'zir
  2. TerrorKitty TerrorKitty | Samantha Black

Future Guests:
  1. deathworm deathworm
  2. Noam Noam
  3. starfallen.txt starfallen.txt
  4. A A Bottle of Memories
  5. billthesomething billthesomething

Past Guests:
  1. Quinnigan Quinnigan | Eliaes Lokenen | Story Unfinished

Last edited:
I'm with Svisttt, this sounds like a bucket of fun! I'd love to be a part of this! I have a pretty well-developed writing style and I have several ideas I could potentially use for this. I'm so very VERY interested!!

I'm with Svisttt, this sounds like a bucket of fun! I'd love to be a part of this! I have a pretty well-developed writing style and I have several ideas I could potentially use for this. I'm so very VERY interested!!
Could we use already made characters we've used in other RPs? Or would we make brand new ones?
Either is perfectly fine. So long as they have some thoughts or story to share once the drink starts flowing, you can use whoever or whatever you wish. The bar is accessible from any time, place, or dimension, so there is no limit to who can show up.

Since the idea isn't a complete flop, I'll get something up soon and I'll let you both know when the light's green.

Okay, the main thread is up. I've mentioned the folks who showed interest in the OOC, and the IC is open for the first two who responded.

Whats the requirement for replies because I'm about to go out now
There are none, so long as each is well-written and contributes to the scene/conversation. That said, one-liners are not welcome.

The RP is limited to 2 participants (in addition to myself) at any one point, to keep the setting more intimate. Currently deathworm is at the top of the queue, with you next after them.

There are none, so long as each is well-written and contributes to the scene/conversation. That said, one-liners are not welcome.

The RP is limited to 2 participants (in addition to myself) at any one point, to keep the setting more intimate. Currently deathworm is at the top of the queue, with you next after them.
Well I'm In

I wanted to make an personal OC for myself a character from scratch that is mine alone. I think this would be great for the purpose. Made from scratch.

I'd like to reserve a spot for my character when one becomes available!

I'd like to reserve a spot for my character when one becomes available!
i am so 100% interested! count me in for a future guest ♡
I'll add both of you to the list then, and I'll let you know when a seat at the bar opens up.

When it's your turn and I tag you to join. However, since the person ahead of you in the queue has not responded, that means it is indeed your turn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back