• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Asylum **CLOSED**

JustAlexandra

Mother of Tiny Lions
The Asylum
YC was once just a normal person, living their mundane life - or less than mundane, if so be it. All until one day, something changed inside of you. You realized you could do more than you could do before, something the people around you couldn’t. It played on the news every day since, those like you being captured and taken somewhere. “The Asylum” was the shorthand for it that everyone knew, but the real name of it was burned into your brain, “Devin Marque’s Asylum for the Damned”.

They called them “Damned.” Literally.

While the use of the name was a topic itself of hot debate, most people were happy such a place existed. In the three months since people had started changing, no one ever admitted had escaped, and people didn’t care to see what happened to them either. As long as they were out of their hair, it was someone else's problem that they could just ignore.

That didn’t keep people from rioting, looting, buying guns, locking their doors with heavier locks, etc. The world was chaos with fear, even though people pretended it wasn’t.

-------

Hello!!!!!
It’s been a minute since I’ve hosted another RP, so I’d like to get back into it :)

As said above, your character has gained some special power and been captured into this Asylum. The RP will take place inside of the Asylum (at least at first) so your character MUST have been caught already, although how that happened is completely up to you.

This will take place in our current time, so 2022. Three months will have passed since the first ‘damned’ person had been caught, but your character can either be just caught as the RP is starting or one who has been in the Asylum for X amount of time.

The way I like to do my roleplays is I usually take on a sort of “Narrator” role (sometimes a character as well, it just depends) to push the RP forward. I won’t force you to do or not do something, but I will be there to make ‘world events’ happen, how to react to said world events is up to you. There is always ‘downtime’ where you can do whatever you’d like as well.

As far as the powers go, you’re free to decide your own. I mostly just won’t allow something like “Can look at another person and melt their brain instantly” because frankly that’s just a little too OP, lol.

Last thing - I do consider this a semi-advanced roleplay. Therefore, a minimum of 1 paragraph is expected for each post (but I'd prefer more on the average, I know how things are sometimes though). NO one liners.

Anyway, message me with any questions, and I’ll make a character sheet once a few people are interested!​

apolla apolla
taliaangeni taliaangeni
Walnutt Walnutt
Circe Circe
Went ahead and made the CS since y'all were interested faster than I anticipated haha.

I also made a discord link for OOC purposes. Let me know if any of you don't have discord and I'll make a regular OOC chat thread too.

Hi!!

i'd like to drop off an app if you still accepting? Cuz demons...!

Oh and I'mma be part of the 'No Discord' crowd too lol

Hi!!

Apps are on a supernatural theme so far lol:
  • Vampire Guy - Energy Stealer
  • Ice Queen - Winter Manipulator
  • Animal Girl - Shapeshifter
  • Hellion - Hellfire Manipulator
  • Cthulhu - Tentacled Horror

just finished mine.

Angry Jesus - redemption through death. not of the redeemed, just fake jesus. who if you call fake jesus, will get pissed. no gods, no masters.

spaghettimonster spaghettimonster
Sleepless_Dreamer Sleepless_Dreamer
It is still open! I am about to close it, because I am going to post the starter-post for the IC tonight. You're free to join, though, as long as you can get your character made and a starter post up in a reasonable amount of time (before we get too far away from the 'beginning')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back