• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Astra Veda [Characters]

Lexielai

Cal Bear
CHARACTER SHEET

Welcome to the Astra Veda character sheet! Please make sure to check out THE CODEX in the links below and read the rules on the Introduction tab before you submit a character sheet. I place a lot of emphasis on characters defined by weaknesses and struggles, so I expect to see some of that! I will send you a PM to let you know if you are accepted or need work.

Astra Veda(IC)
Astra Veda (OOC)
The Codex (LORE)
Astra Veda (CS)
Discord Server

You are welcome to use the code for the CS below. If you decide to design your own CS, make sure you include ALL the same information.

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS
Lunara Taldarem - Astra of Ereshkigal, The Corrupted ( Terrabreak Terrabreak )
Astika Rimbaud - Astra of Takshaka, King of Snakes ( Graystone713 Graystone713 )
Orion Bolida - Astra of Artemis, The Huntsman ( SP3CT3R SP3CT3R )
Akshath - Astra of Ganesha, Remover of Obstacles ( Lucem Lucem )
Maia Ambrose - Astra of Hanuman, The Remover of Dangers ( Epiphany Epiphany )
Ace Mazdan - Astra of Vohu Manah, The Righteous ( BLUR BLUR )
Sade Carter - Astra of Persephone, The Paradox ( Bang Bang Bang Bang )

COACHES
Zoran - Astra of Vishvamitra, The Brahmarishi
Rissa - Astra of Radha, The Rebel

TEAM ZORAN (FULL)
Akshath
Maia
Ace
Sade

TEAM RISSA
Lunara
Astika?
Orion?

NPCS
Shakra - Astra of Indra, King of the Devas
Taryon - Astra of Agni, Messenger of the Devas
Artanian - Astra of Varuna, Lord of Truth and Order
Ida - Astra of Saraswati, Goddess of Wisdom
Elvira - Astra of Kali, The Black Night
Kalkin - Astra of Rama, Lord of All Lords
Aella - Astra of Durga, The Invincible
Dysen - Astra of Vritra, The River Dragon
Ophelia - Astra of Sekhmet, The Powerful One
Empress Vaila - ???

UNAVAILABLE AVATARS
Ravana
Tvastir
Arjuna
Raktabija
Radha
Shiva
Vishnu
Brahma
Devi

(NAME)Astra of (AVATAR, TITLE)

• Astra_Large3.png
    NAME:
    KNOWN ALIASES:
    AVATAR: (May be either based on mythology or entirely original)
    RACE: (Human/Manu, Asura, Deva, Half-Deva, or Half-Asura)
    HOME DISTRICT: (District and level. EX: North 76 / Kailasa 76)
    HAIR COLOR:
    EYE COLOR:
    HEIGHT:
    BLOOD TYPE:

I wonder what we should fit in all this space! Maybe a quick overview of your character? Something brief, like thoughts from an outside POV, or a dry description written by a bored worker to put in a secret national database.

Code by KaiaWolf

Code:
[bg=#E7E7E7][FONT=Exo 2]
[centerblock=97][sh][b](NAME)[/b][/sh]
[i]Astra of (AVATAR, TITLE)[/i][/centerblock]

[tabs]
[tab=OVERVIEW]
[imagefloat=right][IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i425/Chaosblader501/Astra_Large3.png[/IMG][/imagefloat]
[b]NAME:[/b]
[b]KNOWN ALIASES:[/b]
[b]AVATAR:[/b] (May be either based on mythology or entirely original)
[b]RACE:[/b] (Human/Manu, Asura, Deva, Half-Deva, or Half-Asura)
[b]GENDER:[/b]
[b]AGE:[/b] (Must be 17+)
[b]HOME DISTRICT:[/b] (District and level. EX: North 76 / Kailasa 76)
[b]HAIR COLOR:[/b]
[b]EYE COLOR:[/b]
[b]HEIGHT:[/b]
[b]BLOOD TYPE:[/b]

I wonder what we should fit in all this space! Maybe a quick overview of your character? Something brief, like thoughts from an outside POV, or a dry description written by a bored worker to put in a secret national database. 
[/tab]
[tab=CHARACTERISTICS]
[b]Mental Description:[/b] (Personality, interests, likes and dislikes, etc.)

[b]Physical Description:[/b] (Appearance, can be simple) [Optional if you have a picture]

The pics below are for any tattoos, marks or any significant distinguishing features. If N/A then just edit the whole code out. 
[row]
[column=span2]
[IMG]https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/images/test/placeholder-200x200[/IMG]
[/column]
[column=span1]
[/column]
[column=span2]
[IMG]https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/images/test/placeholder-200x200[/IMG]
[/column]
[column=span1]
[/column]
[column=span2]
[/column]
[/row]
[/tab]
[tab=ABILITIES]
[side=right][center][u]STATS[/u][/center]

Raw Power: 

Range: (1-3 is melee, 4-6 is short and 7-10 is long)

Precision: (How controlled or accurate they are)

Versatility: 

Durability:

(NOTE: Each category is out of 10. These are not absolute metrics, but rather an idea of strengths and weaknesses)
[/side]
[size=6][b]Special Power:[/b] (Physical or Supernatural)[/size]

[b]Known Abilities:[/b]

[b]Known Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Fighting Style:[/b] (General description of how everything is tied together)

(NOTE: This section pertains directly to combat abilities and martial skills ONLY)
[/tab]
[tab=PERSONAL LIFE]
[b]Motivations:[/b] (Why do they do what they do?)

[b]Fears:[/b] (You might be 8ft tall and shoot fireballs, but everyone's afraid of [i]something[/i])

[b]Relationships:[/b] (We encourage pre-written relationships! Plan with a friend! Plan with a stranger! Ask someone if their character could be a one-night-stand partner for yours, just to make things awkward later! If you want your character to be fresh and friendless like a newborn, that's fine too of course.)

[b]Background:[/b] (If your character has any secrets or parts of their past you'd rather keep in the dark, send it to [USER=7055]@Lexielai[/USER])
[/tab]
[/tabs]
[/FONT][RIGHT][SIZE=1]Code by KaiaWolf[/SIZE][/RIGHT]
[/bg]

Last edited:

Lunara Taldarem

Astra of ERESHKIGAL, The Corrupted

• neTInZs.jpg

NAME: Lunara Taldarem
    KNOWN ALIASES: Smile
    RACE: Half-Asura
    HOME DISTRICT: Arcadia 87
    HAIR COLOR: Black
    EYE COLOR: Red
    HEIGHT: 1,61m/ 5,2 ft
    BLOOD TYPE: B

“Have you seen that girl? She’s going to be a star, mark my words! That cute face, that always present tender smile, how she interacts with the fans, it’s as clear as it can be! Once she becomes a champion she’ll be the most popular out of all of them!.. Her performance? She fights well…I think.” Lunara’s fan, Arcadia district 95

“She’s quite the riot for sure. An ability like that isn’t found every day, strong on the defensive, versatile on the offense and with multiple ways of movement. I’m certain we have yet to see the extent of what that mud is capable off. She only needs to obtain more control over it and she will be good to go for quite some time. The fact that she is also able to defend herself using daggers means she understands that sometimes you can’t only rely on your main ability, this gives her many points in my book at least.” Ashvamedha announcer

Code by KaiaWolf

Last edited:

Astika RimbaudAstra of TAKSHAKA, King of snakes

• 4a5b094aa0813367e5d8821ffb835a0a.jpg
    NAME: Astika Rimbaud
    KNOWN ALIASES: Announcers sometimes call him Serpent. His family calls him Tiki, sometimes.
    AVATAR: Takshaka, king of snakes.
    HOME DISTRICT: Arcadia 5
    HAIR COLOR: Dark brown (not quite black, but close.)
    EYE COLOR: Green. Bright, unnatural green.
    HEIGHT: 5,9
    BLOOD TYPE: O

"He's a rookie, sure. But so was Kalkin, and everyone's still impressed with him. If you've seen Serpent fight, you know exactly what I mean. Quick on the draw, thinks on his feet, fights for his life. He's not perfect, and I don't think he'll ever be a Divya, but he's got potential to rise up. Maybe he'll face off with the champs someday." -A fan from the high end of Arcadia

"He's clearly positioning himself as the next Ophelia, or another Taryon. He's sociable, he runs charity events, and he's at least pretending to care about the poor, regardless of sector. But it has to be an act, some populist mask. He's a snake. And I can't believe for a moment that he's genuine." - A high-ranking Astra from the upper levels of Kailasa.

"Our own Astra don't show up often, and the couple that do are from around here, you know? But here he is, right here, cleaning up a park with the locals and the two Astra from 'round here that actually give a damn. And he's working for it! He's not just pretending, or doing the token stuff, he's getting in there. Maybe it's just the country boy instincts, but he's gettin' his hands dirty. Gotta respect that." - Citizen from the low levels of Ayodha.

Code by KaiaWolf

Last edited:

Orion BolidaAstra of Artemis, the Huntsman

• Astra_Large3.png
    NAME:
    KNOWN ALIASES: None
    AVATAR: Artemis (I know she's canonically female but give me a break)
    RACE: Deva
    HOME DISTRICT: Arcadia 92
    HAIR COLOR: Silver-blue
    EYE COLOR: Glowy
    HEIGHT: 6'0"
    BLOOD TYPE: AB-

"That kid is a marvel. It's no wonder he was given powers since birth; he puts 'em to use like nothing I've ever seen. He'd rise to the top in no time if he could show us what he's made of outside of the arena as well as he can inside."

• STATS

Raw Power: Varies

Range: 1

Precision: Varies

Versatility: 9

Durability: Varies

Special Power: Shapeshifting

Known Abilities: Orion has the ability to transform part or all of his body into that of an animal.

Known Weaknesses: Orion consumes more Tejas the more of his body is transformed up until the point where he turns into the animal completely. And when that happens, his Tejas isn't consumed, but he may be stuck in that form for a while. Also, he's limited to melee range and can't take most items with him when transforming, so weapons and armor aren't an option.

Fighting Style: Orion, due to having lots of practice with his power, is fairly versatile in combat. However, he generally prefers picking off stragglers in one-on-one fights.

Code by KaiaWolf

Last edited:

Tyler RaineAstra of Dyeus, Father of The Sky

• A64C5956-C446-4050-A10D-41D7199CB872.jpeg NAME: Tyler Raine
    KNOWN ALIASES: Blind Mystic, Sky Dancer, Young Prophet
    RACE: Half-Deva
    HOME DISTRICT: Kumbh 6
    HAIR COLOR: Blonde
    EYE COLOR: Unknown
    HEIGHT: 5’9”
    BLOOD TYPE: AB+

One of the youngest Astras to participate in the Ashvamedha, Tyler is a blind miracle child turned prophet who has accumulated quite a following over the past few months. He preaches for civility and peaceful discourse, and shows his followers how they can improve their dharma. As an Astra, thanks to his abilities, Tyler is super fast and there’s almost no attack he cannot evade or counter.

• STATS
    Raw Power: 3

Range: 1

Precision: 10

Versatility: 6

Durability: 3

Special Power: Levitation

Tyler manipulates the air particles under him to become very dense, enabling him to levitate. This is very useful for maneuvering around difficult terrain. Because of this ability to manipulate the air, Tyler has also grown very aware of his surroundings. Although he is still training, he is able to block or evade many attacks even though he is blind.

Known Abilities: Levitation

Known Weaknesses: Tyler was born blind. He is also severley asthmatic, so intense exercise is out of the question for him. Because of this, Tyler often falls behind on his training and isn’t as physically adept as his peers. Tyler also strongly relies on his abilities as an Astra, and taking them away from him would leave him practically helpless. As for his levitation, Tyler cannot travel any faster in the air the he can on land and levitation requires a lot of mental stability so a serious distraction or a concussing blow would make him fall to the ground immediately.

Fighting Style: Fast blocks and methodical counter strikes thrown with great force. Tyler Raine was taught from a young age by his Master, Zilian Shu. He taught him not the way of offence, but the way of careful planning and perfectly timed takedowns. Over the years, Master Shu made Tyler work his ass off, but the improvements he made in his muscular capacity and reflexes made it worth the effort.

Code by KaiaWolf

Last edited:

Coach ZoranAstra of Vishvamitra, the Brahmarishi

• jedi_master_by_zano-d7rmmdi.jpg
    NAME: Zoran
    KNOWN ALIASES: Coach
    HOME DISTRICT: Kumbh 14
    HAIR COLOR: N/A
    EYE COLOR: Gray
    HEIGHT: 6’6”
    BLOOD TYPE: A

“Zoran is an enigma. Nobody knows who this guy is or where he came from. He just sort of showed up on the scene out of nowhere. But the strange thing is...he’s good. Real good. Always seems to call the right play at the right time; it’s remarkable really. How the hell has nobody heard of this guy before?” - Announcer from the Eastern Ashvamedha

“I met Zoran when I was a kid. He helped me out of a tight spot with some gangsters once, and then set me straight for life. He's a good man, and a great teacher. He just kind of makes you feel like you can do anything, you know?...How much of a fighter was he? Well, I saw twenty men try to teach him a lesson once but, judging by the beating they got, it went the other way around.” - Citizen from Kumbh 16

Code by KaiaWolf

Last edited:

AkshathAstra of Ganesha, Remover of Obstacles

• downloadfile-2.jpeg NAME: Akshath
    HOME DISTRICT: Ayodhya 3
    EYE COLOR: Red
    HEIGHT: 6'3"
    BLOOD TYPE: O-

"That guy is a real monster. He's put half of my men out of comission, and the other half want him dead. Can't even touch him before you end up on the ground with your pockets empty. I'd almost want him for myself, but he crossed a line. If I ever catch him in my territory again, I'll kill him myself!"-
    Crime boss from Ayodhya 2

"He looks really scary, but he can be nice sometimes. He gave me and my sister some bread the other day."-
    Child from Ayodhya 3

"Squeak squeak squeak!"-
    Mouse from Ayodhya 3

Code by KaiaWolf

Last edited:

Coach RissaAstra of Radha, the Rebel

• Rissa.png
    NAME: Clarissa
    KNOWN ALIASES: Princess, Rissa
    RACE: Human
    HOME DISTRICT: Central 100
    HAIR COLOR: Red
    EYE COLOR: Gold
    HEIGHT: 5’4”
    BLOOD TYPE: O-

“My daughter...the day I took you in, all of Trinity stood still. The chilly, harsh winds of Kailasa became soft; the lively forests of Arcadia turned tranquil; the bustling, roaring hubs of Ayodhya were silenced; the ancient temples of Kumbh suspended their prayers; and the grand statues of Central stood in quiet rapture. All of Trinity whispered your name...Clarissa.” - Empress Vaila

"She has spunk, that's for certain. Most people are put off by her tough act, but the Rissa behind it is one of the most compassionate people around. I haven't met many people that care as much as she does...but don't piss her off. She can be just as passionate about kicking your ass." - Shakra, Divya Astra

Code by KaiaWolf

Ace MazdanAstra of Vohu Manah, The Righteous

• 2ngeicg.jpg
    NAME: Ace Mazdan
    RACE: Manu
    HOME DISTRICT: Ayodhya 24
    EYE COLOR: Blue
    HEIGHT: 6'1
    BLOOD TYPE: O

"When that dude shows up the rest of us are out man. No one's tryna pick a fight with him." -Gangster, Ayodhya 22.

"He is a passionate young man. I have rarely had a student so enamored of his studies. I think he can make a great scientist one day," -Professor of Biology at 24 Community College.

Code by KaiaWolf
[/tabs]

Last edited:

Maia AmbroseAstra of Hanuman, the Remover of Dangers

• kBahNry.jpg
    NAME: Maia Ambrose
    KNOWN ALIASES: Ayodhya 1 (A1)
    RACE: Manu
    HOME DISTRICT: Ayodhya 1
    HAIR COLOR: Red
    EYE COLOR: Blue
    HEIGHT: 5'5"
    BLOOD TYPE:

"Ayodhya 1? She's amazing! Have you seen her play? Yeah, yeah, there's lots of good players. Not a lot of Manu, though. And no one from one. You know, Ayodhya 1? Who even admits to being a grounder? But she's, like, proud of it or something. Astra's are like gods but when you see Ayodhya 1 after a game, or in an interview, she's one of us, you know? She don't forget where she's from." - Citizen from Ayodhya 5.

"Combining her prodigious strength and a tireless work ethic, Ayodhya 1 is poised to make waves in the Ashvamedha. What she lacks in experience in Astra-dominated Ashvamedha matches, she makes up for in marketability. Her common origins allow her to tap into and engage an audience traditionally underrepresented, giving her significantly higher viewing figures than a junior player normally sees. Ayodhya 1 may be an increasingly investible player in the years to come." - Ayodhya 1's Rookie Profile

Code by KaiaWolf

Last edited:

Behati PatelAstra of Rangda, The Witch Queen

• Astra_Large3.png
    NAME: Behati Patel
    KNOWN ALIASES: The Witch
    HOME DISTRICT: Ayodhya
    HAIR COLOR: Light Smokey Pink
    EYE COLOR: Deep Gray
    HEIGHT: 5'11"
    BLOOD TYPE: O+

“You’re perfect, you’re beautiful, you fight like Aella or Ophelia, you’re a model! Everything about you is perfect! Did you start those fires? Oh, you’re winning! They eat her up EVERY SINGLE TIME she’s in that damn arena. *aggressive gibberish* She could walk out there and not use a single fucking ability and they’d be like, “Behati! Your fighting is beautiful!” - some bitter Astra.

[tab=CHARACTERISTICS][/tab]
[tab=CHARACTERISTICS]

• STATS
    Raw Power: 7

Range: 9

Precision: 5

Versatility: 7

Durability: 2

Special Power: Witchfire

Known Abilities:
    Behati’s power manifests itself in a potent plasma that she calls “Witchfire.” Witch fire and most of its properties can be created and controlled by Behati. Though it generally manifests as a multi-colored flame with the majority of the flame being pink in color, with a temperature similar to that of a normal fire, Behati is able to control Witch Fire’s color and temperature. Behati is also able to control the size of her Witchfires, increasing their size to quickly spread them over a large area, or suppressing their size until they are killed.

Witchfire is a power with both strong mental and physical effects. Not only can it burn and spread like a normal fire, but Behati’s extended control of of witchfire allows her to conduct explosions, shoot directed darts of flame in decent accuracy, and paint the battlefield with barriers of witchfire, separating/grouping her enemies, effectively controlling the opposing team. Witchfire’s mental affliction also aids in her efforts to control her enemies, as it can synthesize feelings of fear, and even once before hallucinations. Behati isn’t completely sure what causes this, but she assumes it’s the fumes that Witchfire gives off.

Known Weaknesses:
    Behati is quite lacking when it comes to close-ranged combat. Because she typically sticks to one or more of her teammates, she can’t use her Witchfire to its full extent if an enemy comes to fight close range, as she doesn’t want to accidentally attack her own allies in the process. While she has picked up minor hand to hand combat skills, she can very easily be overtaken.

Fighting Style:
    Behati can best be described as a glass cannon disruptor, a terrifying destructive force, with a focus on controlling the enemy team while still dealing loads of damage. Behati is best when at a large distance from her enemies, directly inflicting great amounts of damage from where her enemies can not reach her, lighting up the battlefield to keep this distance.

Code by KaiaWolf
[/tab]
[tab=CHARACTERISTICS]

DM ◆ The Traveller || A Star Wars Adventure[/tab]

Last edited:

Sade CarterAstra of PERSEPHONE, Paradox (or: Fair Maiden, or: Dread Queen)

• tumblr_nat8po4OJ31r0bsjlo1_500.jpg
    NAME: Sade Carter
    KNOWN ALIASES: Ditch
    RACE: Hybrid, Half-somethin'
    HOME DISTRICT: Kailasa 32
    HAIR COLOR: Blonde
    EYE COLOR: Green
    HEIGHT: 6 ft 2 inches
    BLOOD TYPE: AB

"How the fuck did they even get in here?" - Most folk

"Wow, they must really be low on recruits this year." - Also a good many people.

"...I thought Astra were supposed to be, like, cool or something?" - His best friend, Rumi, upon their mutual learning of Sade's Astra status

• 777_by_riki_taki-d8i9fjo.png

d4ae306d1732f13488673c2e1dcde328.jpg

3fc0edb508b9ffccde69c1297e77396d.jpg

Code by KaiaWolf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back