• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Ashes of Valmere

RaynieTaco

giphy.gif
In the city of Valmere, people are still picking up the pieces of what was left behind of their mundane lives. The war has torn the city into little more than dilapidated buildings and orphaned children. The fight for land, resources, and powers verberated through the cities all around the continent. A hesitant peace has settled throughout the lands but many fear it is only temporary. It has been several years, nearly twenty now since the last battles had been fought but for poor cities like Valmere, it could have been yesterday. Improvement was slow at first- the fatality rate for those who fell to the horrendous conditions was high and climbing every day. So when the government stepped in, the world power who smashed the Ashlatas who rebelled, it was like a prayer was answered. In those twenty years, they were able to get the city center back and running with markets, schools, and security. The homes were still in poor conditions, the crime rate was still high, and the wealthy watched from their ivory towers guarded by high walls and expensive weapons. Yet, somehow the government was able to twist the view into some sense of happiness and gratefulness to the cause. Little did they know that those people who offered up everything to help was truly up to unspeakable horrors.
The world power established a lot when they started to help the Valmere citizens pick up the pieces of their crowded hull of rubble and death. The cost of the rebuild was exponential but even so, they never asked the citizens for much. Loyalty, a small tax, and the law that stated they must send their orphans to the newly built training facility in the middle of the Barrens on the outskirts of their city. They would train those children who had no family, or often those children whose parents were unable to raise their babies, to be the next military force in any war to come. Desperation clouded the eyes of those distraught people and with that- those young souls who lost everything were to be trained to be soldiers in a war they didn't start. But it was much worse than they could have ever foreseen. Those kids were not just to be brainwashed vessels of the government, but also the superhumans that would change the way war would be fought for the rest of their days.
Upon getting to the facility that was surrounded by dangerous, unexplored woods soaked with radiation and death, the older children would be murdered if they did not comply with experimentation. Most did perish whether they conformed or not. They found the younger the child, the more susceptible they were to the alternation to their DNA. They were homebrewing mutants and cultivating the ones that survived to be loyal to their cause. Many of the orphans there didn't remember their lives outside the walls of the facility that held them captive. Most assumed the danger they were training to fight were real threats that needed to be combatted. Fear of the soldiers and doctors pushed them to be better than the ones before them. Desperation, much like the people of Valmere, cause them to be complacent to power. Until the tattered remains of the Ashlatas rose up like a phoenix and in their mix- a mutant who escaped from the clutches of those who made him. War is brimming at the surface, ready to explode. Those people at the facility will come to make a very difficult decision- to fight with the government who housed, protected, and enslaved them or fight alongside one of their brothers who seemingly turned his back on them. This is war- there is no time to cry.

TL : DR - First, I hope my lack of coding doesn't turn you away. I am not very skilled haha. You are a mutant who was experimented on by a government. Cliche, I know. You have only known this way of life- maybe a few have a little bit of a memory of the outside world but not much. You do know that you are mistreated but you also believe the outside world is terrifying. The government is trying to prepare you for it- making their enemies seem like yours. You are also aware of someone who escaped- though the chance is so slim of that happening it seemed impossible. It has been a while since that happened but it has resurfaced because the government is trying to tell you he will return and he is bringing the enemies to kill you all.

Or something like that. I am still working on everything but before I throw myself in this world-building (which you all can totally help)- I want to be sure there will actually be people interested in this idea. If not, I will cry elsewhere ;P

My vision is hazy on where I am leading this RP for the most part. I am so excited about this but I really want to take my time and develop the world, the characters, and my connections with you all. I expect that people who want to be involved will write AT LEAST one paragraph. Be creative. I want this to be an action pack, dramatic, terrifying, and sad roleplay. I want you all to want to be here writing your character's own moral dilemmas and desperations. I want to read about your successes and failures. I want you to fall in love with your fellow soldiers. Here are a few other things-
  1. I am thinking anime face claims 100%. I love some real faces but with the physics of powers and craziness, I would prefer anime.
  2. This won't always be a fast moving roleplay. I want people to think out their things but truly- I do not want to pressure you and I would hope I can get the same respect. I work full time and do a lot in real life so being able to post every day may not happen.
  3. I don't want to focus too hard on realism. Some people like to be very much - "realistically, this could never happen" but none of that. If you kind of explain it- I will accept it. Just don't be to nuts.
  4. I think this will be a fantasy roleplay but it will take place in a realistic setting- as in modern time. Weapons still exist and modern technology.
  5. Powers will be hard. I NEED everyone to not go crazy here. You can only have one power and I am pretty sure I will be making a list to pick from. Nothing too overpowered.
There are other things I am sure I am missing but I am hoping you will all ask about it if you are interested.

Okay! I added the powers. Character sheets are open. I will be making my characters asap just for reference.

Here is the link

Edit: I have started my characters! I hope they help. I am also adding lore for the Ashlatas and the man who left the facility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back