• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Art of Survival (Currently Closed)

Characters
Here
Jason woke up earlier than he needed to to start his shift
Bailey walked around almost like her body was on autopilot while her mind was elsewhere. "Nothing here...good...stupid zombies...stupid life...stupid everything..." she whispered to herself. "I don't really know these people...but I don't want them to suffer...at least not more than they already have..."

Bailey walked around almost like her body was on autopilot while her mind was elsewhere. "Nothing here...good...stupid zombies...stupid life...stupid everything..." she whispered to herself. "I don't really know these people...but I don't want them to suffer...at least not more than they already have..."
He tapped her shoulders. "Go to bed." He said.

"Trouble sleeping." He said simply. "Too many nightmares."
Bailey nods. "I can relate to that. It'll take some time to adjust to all of this. Maybe if we can all get a clear mind, we can figure out some way to overcome this." She sighs. "Dare I ask what your nightmares have been about?"

Bailey nods. "I can relate to that. It'll take some time to adjust to all of this. Maybe if we can all get a clear mind, we can figure out some way to overcome this." She sighs. "Dare I ask what your nightmares have been about?"
"My parents never showed up to the temple when the breakout started. I...dream about what happened to them. Or might have happened." He said. "And I relive a horrible moment at the school. A classeoom full of turned children. Amd what I had to do to keep them from infecting others."

"My parents never showed up to the temple when the breakout started. I...dream about what happened to them. Or might have happened." He said. "And I relive a horrible moment at the school. A classeoom full of turned children. Amd what I had to do to keep them from infecting others."
"I see. I hope they're safe." She said. "I take it that horrible moment was killing a bunch of zombified kids. That...sounds painful, but you're putting too much blame on yourself. You did the right thing and you shouldn't feel bad about that. It may not feel like it, but you saved lives."

"I see. I hope they're safe." She said. "I take it that horrible moment was killing a bunch of zombified kids. That...sounds painful, but you're putting too much blame on yourself. You did the right thing and you shouldn't feel bad about that. It may not feel like it, but you saved lives."
"I know." He said. "I don't blame myself I just... I played lots of zombie games with friends in the academy. I watched a lot of zombie shows with my dad... It doesn't really prepare to see children like this."

"I know." He said. "I don't blame myself I just... I played lots of zombie games with friends in the academy. I watched a lot of zombie shows with my dad... It doesn't really prepare to see children like this."
"Nothing does." She said. "There are some things that no amount of training can prepare you for. Horrors that you can't escape from by turning off the television."

"Sounds like you have a little experience." He said.
She nods. "I'm a nurse. A lazy, selfish, cold-hearted, blah blah blah as I've been told, but a nurse nonetheless. I've seen gory things that you only find in horror movies and television shows. As such, I've saved and helped save a few lives...but there have also been times where there was nothing I could do but deliver the bad news. I've seen people take their last breaths as their loved ones cry a river of tears. Kids losing parents. Parents losing kids." Bailey looks at the sky. "You may not have reunited with your parents, but I did. I saw mine last night....and I killed them." She clenches her fists. "They were already zombies when I saw them, so good riddance. I tried to sleep it off once, but I had horrible nightmares, so I haven't slept since."

She nods. "I'm a nurse. A lazy, selfish, cold-hearted, blah blah blah as I've been told, but a nurse nonetheless. I've seen gory things that you only find in horror movies and television shows. As such, I've saved and helped save a few lives...but there have also been times where there was nothing I could do but deliver the bad news. I've seen people take their last breaths as their loved ones cry a river of tears. Kids losing parents. Parents losing kids." Bailey looks at the sky. "You may not have reunited with your parents, but I did. I saw mine last night....and I killed them." She clenches her fists. "They were already zombies when I saw them, so good riddance. I tried to sleep it off once, but I had horrible nightmares, so I haven't slept since."
He nodded. "Its not me I'm worried for anyway. Its rhe group. And most importantly Ali. She holds on to the hope that Mom and Dad made it out somehow."

He nodded. "You're real good at giving advice for someone who acts like ahe doesn't care about anything."
"It's a skill I possess." She said as she turned her attention towards him. "Bold of you to assume I'm acting. I can't afford to have emotions, so I leave that to you all."

Bailey nods and then she taps on Eugene's shoulder as she walks by him. "You should also sleep. I'll talk to you later if you're willing to listen. I haven't forgotten about earlier."
Taylor had slept for a couple hours before she woke up. She went to find Bailey wondering what she wanted to talk with her about.

"I...ummm..." she sighs. "You better not make fun of me for this....but I'm jealous of you. You have a mother that actually cares about you. What's that like? Does it hinder your decision making?"
Jason resisted the urge to laugh at such a blint question.

"I...ummm..." she sighs. "You better not make fun of me for this....but I'm jealous of you. You have a mother that actually cares about you. What's that like? Does it hinder your decision making?"
"What's it like? " Taylor smiled. "It can be annoying, frustrating and sometimes even sad. My mom can get on my case about my future alot and wanting me to get my head out of the clouds and books but it's just cause she wants the best for me. There are times we fight and I feel like I'm letting her down but that's just how it is. It's not all bad either. There are still a ton of times where we get along and stuff." She put her hands in her pockets as she looks up at the sky for a second before looking back at Bailey "I'm sure your asking me this cause of your parents right? I'm sure they cared about you but they might have shown it in different ways. No two people parent the exact same way."

Jason resisted the urge to laugh at such a blint question.

"What's it like? " Taylor smiled. "It can be annoying, frustrating and sometimes even sad. My mom can get on my case about my future alot and wanting me to get my head out of the clouds and books but it's just cause she wants the best for me. There are times we fight and I feel like I'm letting her down but that's just how it is. It's not all bad either. There are still a ton of times where we get along and stuff." She put her hands in her pockets as she looks up at the sky for a second before looking back at Bailey "I'm sure your asking me this cause of your parents right? I'm sure they cared about you but they might have shown it in different ways. No two people parent the exact same way."
Bailey took mental notes as she listened to Taylor's explanation. She then shakes her head when asked about her own parents. "No. They never cared about me.....and it didn't take long for me to feel the same way about them. They just wanted a successor to their businesses in case something happened to them. People tell me that parents are supposed to protect their children, but mine kept throwing me under the bus and stuff. I was just a pawn to them. Not a daughter, or even a human being." She stops herself. "Sorry. I shouldn't have let that out and killed the mood."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back