• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital The art of a Fish (requests CLOSED... for now)

Hello, FishFin!

I love your art style, but I also want to give you some tips, artist to artist.

Instead of using markers for the outline, why not try fine liners? To get the brush effect, just get a brush tip! I use fine liners or multi liners to outline my pieces, and they look really good! And they don't even leak through the page, which I assume happens to the maker outline. Here's an amazon link if you want some yourself! https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Pen-Fi...F8&qid=1544656870&sr=1-8&keywords=fine+liners
These are the ones I use!

And to color, I personally love watercolors! I know watercolors aren't exactly the go-to for most artists, but I simply love the fun of painting the characters and using water to activate pigments. The pigments are so gorgeous, and I adore my watercolors! I'm not really a colored pencil expert, so I can't really give tips on that besides coloring in the same direction, but I believe you already do that.

Well, see you next time!

Hello, FishFin!

I love your art style, but I also want to give you some tips, artist to artist.

Instead of using markers for the outline, why not try fine liners? To get the brush effect, just get a brush tip! I use fine liners or multi liners to outline my pieces, and they look really good! And they don't even leak through the page, which I assume happens to the maker outline. Here's an amazon link if you want some yourself! https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Pen-Fi...F8&qid=1544656870&sr=1-8&keywords=fine+liners
These are the ones I use!

And to color, I personally love watercolors! I know watercolors aren't exactly the go-to for most artists, but I simply love the fun of painting the characters and using water to activate pigments. The pigments are so gorgeous, and I adore my watercolors! I'm not really a colored pencil expert, so I can't really give tips on that besides coloring in the same direction, but I believe you already do that.

Well, see you next time!
I'll have to give these a try! Thanks so much for checking me out!

Also, about the watercolors, I love the look of a finished watercolor peice, but I'm absolutely hopeless with a brush D':
However, I have been looking at watercolor markers. Here is a link to the ones that I have been looking at.
https://www.amazon.com/Winsor-Newto...ocphy=9023910&hvtargid=pla-314591300549&psc=1
Oof! I believe you can practice using brushes to get better! After all, practice doesn't really make perfect, it just makes you close to perfect!
Also, watercolor markers? Wow.. I've heard of watercolored pencils, but not markers. These would be great to try out, since I'm a huge watercolor fan, but I'm currently broke. Better save up for these bad boys!

Oof! I believe you can practice using brushes to get better! After all, practice doesn't really make perfect, it just makes you close to perfect!
Also, watercolor markers? Wow.. I've heard of watercolored pencils, but not markers. These would be great to try out, since I'm a huge watercolor fan, but I'm currently broke. Better save up for these bad boys!
Well, thanks for the advice! Have a good rest of your day!

Hiya! So it's been a fat minute since I went into "exile" to learn some things regarding digital work. Good news is, I have a couple finished pieces to share! They are both headshots, but I will be drawing bodies soon!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!

v4yUcL.jpg

mr9Wpo.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone! So it's been a while and I'd like to share some art from the past couple of months! First up is a character design that I literally perfected today. She doesn't have a name yet, but I thought maybe Jackie or Tayen. If you hav suggestion for a name, I'd love to hear it!
full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back