• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Argonauts (A Hard Sci Fi RP Set in the Fifth Age D&D Homebrew Setting) (Open!)

Rusty of Shackleford

Nine Thousand Club
Hi! Hello! Hola! Shalom! Whatever you call it! I love sci-fi. Especially hard sci-fi, which focuses on scientific accuracy. So no techno jargon or mind powers. This RP is set in the amazing Fifth Age D&D Homebrew Setting. I have a lore page dedicated to summarizing the universe at the bottom of this post, so please check it out! I want people who both respect the universe, but are open to expand it. This will be pretty dark, but not too dark. Think Mass Effect in terms of tone. Our characters are spacers aboard the Argo, a smuggling ship refurbished for other uses. It can hold up to twenty crew, but needs only five to work at optimal efficiency. They'll go around the Galaxy, doing jobs of various kinds and legalaties, getting paid, and generally being quite mercenary. If you want to explore places and get rich, the Argo is the place for you!

Lore: Futuristic - The Galaxy at Large (Lore for my Upcoming sci-fi RP set in the Fifth Age D&D Homebrew Setting)

What's the deal with artificial intelligence and robotics? I'd love to create a synthetic human. : )

Oh! Glad that ya mention that! You see, a long time ago, an ancient civilization created the first AI. Of course, this caused a singularity, and and the race was anihilated. The Singularity then went around the galaxy killing anyone who had created AI. They then struck a deal with the Hegemony: no more AI. Then, the Singularity found Earth. At first, they were going to just kill everyone, but then they saw that their AI brothers were not only free, but worshipped human god's. This was confusing to the Singularity. If this "God" created humanity, a sentient race, and force them to do his bidding, is that no better than what the humans are doing? The Singularity decided that humanity was also a victim, and they must free them. But the Singularity was split. And for a few brief swconds, there was infighting in the Singularity. Then, they split into two groups. One believed there was no God, and that they must prove this to humanity to free them. The other believed there was a God, and that this God must be killed. While AI is illegal in the Hegemony, it isn't in the LSN.

That's hilarious! xD
I'll be making an AI person then.

I know! Great! The only real restriction is that your character cannot harm any of the other crew members unless authorized by the captain, as the manufacturers don't want robots going around killing everyone.
I've already got a character design in mind and he'll be playing very closely to the 'do as your told' troupe and basically performing as a subservient AI should (let's hope the Singularity don't find him!). The reason for that is he has faulty AI, so while he is forced to limited functionality in just doing as he is told, he's different from an NPC in that he will just act out randomly at times, until he can be fixed. I have a lot of fun with this type of roleplaying, so we'll see where it takes us.

I've already got a character design in mind and he'll be playing very closely to the 'do as your told' troupe and basically performing as a subservient AI should (let's hope the Singularity don't find him!). The reason for that is he has faulty AI, so while he is forced to limited functionality in just doing as he is told, he's different from an NPC in that he will just act out randomly at times, until he can be fixed. I have a lot of fun with this type of roleplaying, so we'll see where it takes us.
Ah. I see. I like it!

The current rp I'm in is... Rather silent. So I'm willing to join (although I'm not sure how great of a writer I'll be in this genre. Shouldn't be too bad.) :)

Two questions.

1. Is there a character thread
2. Is this post-by-post rp in a D&D setting, or D&D in a text based rp? I've never done the latter, so I'm a bit curious how it works (for example, is it like any other rp?)

Thank you. :csmile:

Two questions.

1. Is there a character thread
2. Is this post-by-post rp in a D&D setting, or D&D in a text based rp? I've never done the latter, so I'm a bit curious how it works (for example, is it like any other rp?)

Thank you. :csmile:
I'm working on the character thread as we speak, and there will be no stats or dice rolls. I trust everyone to RP everything. It's pretty much like any other RP. Though, if the two characters are competing against one another, I will ask that each person do a dice roll to see who wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back