• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic CLOSED

I love cyberpunk and have a huge passion for it due to my Shadowrun campaign having reached a sad ending, which caused a persistant thirst for more. I do not require guns blazing and spaceships and usually play hackers with a ton of trauma.
However I do have a totally outlandish character concept... :-_-lines:

I love cyberpunk and have a huge passion for it due to my Shadowrun campaign having reached a sad ending, which caused a persistant thirst for more. I do not require guns blazing and spaceships and usually play hackers with a ton of trauma.
However I do have a totally outlandish character concept... :-_-lines:

Well...I prefer my cyberpunk to stay more realistic and to not involve fantasy elements, but so long as said outlandish concept doesn't involve dragons and magic I can hear it out in DMs. ;D

Mobile Friendly/Most recent
...It probably goes against my better judgment, but I want to open this again. Already. Espionage plots, anyone?

EDIT: Closed again already. That was fast. Thanks, folks.

To expedite this process and save us both time, please check out the 'Expectations' tab first. This is a lot of information and I don't want to make you read through all of it, get your hopes up, and then fall into the all-too-often trap of figuring out we aren't actually compatible.

Once you've read through everything and have decided if you're interested or not, I would appreciate it if you sent me an introduction, your character (just a brief summary will do, no character sheet necessary), any story or plot ideas, and a writing sample if you feel inclined. I will provide samples of my own on request. I just don't really have too much room to do that here - they're pretty thick.

I'm looking for one long-term partner to pick up a traditional cyberpunk setting with. By traditional, I'm referring to your retro setting like the original '20 Night City, Neuromancer, Technobabylon. I'd prefer to stay away from new age cyberpunk that focuses more on tiddies, guns, and explosions than it does the dystopian themes and exploration into a society at unrest. If you're unsure of what that entails, it more or less just means that I would like to avoid introducing the more futuristic elements that are commonly seen in cyberpunk today (sentient AI, synthetics/androids, space travel) and keep things on a down-to-earth level. Literally and story-wise. (;

My preferred setting location would be the quintessential, stereotypical Japan-centric story. Most of my preexisting cyberpunk characters are from there or live in the region, and I find its social culture lends itself well to the whole dystopian thing. My experience with the cyberpunk setting as a whole is still in its infancy stages, so I would prefer to make the rest of the big background/lore ideas with my partner. I'm quite flexible and can work with almost anything, so if there's an outlandish (or not) idea you want to try, just shout.

I am particularly interested in exploring the biotech area of cyberpunk, as I feel it's an often underappreciated and overlooked aspect of the genre that holds a lot of potential for interesting ideas.

And because people are absolutely obsessed with it, I should clarify this early: I'm not looking specifically for a romantic plot and am not interested in tailoring a story just to smash two characters' faces together. If it happens, it happens, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make it happen.

My idea of a compatible partner is someone who:

is fine with a longer waiting period for posts; around one large post a week, sometimes more or sometimes less

shares the workload; contributes through side plots, NPCs, world building or otherwise helps to direct the plot

can keep up the pace with me and not get overwhelmed by detailed posts

can provide an average of at least 6-700 words

friendly; interested in making RP more than just a transactional partnership and doesn't mind chatting outside of writing posts

comfortable with LGBT+ characters

doesn't take themselves and our RP way too seriously

I'm enrolled full time in college, and am pretty much always grinding away. As I'm currently enrolled in a summer semester, I don't have infinite bouts of time, but I have enough-ish. I'm a pretty slow writer because I like to dedicate a lot of investment and passion into my hobbies. (: I put almost as much effort into it as I do my frogs, mad scientist cooking, and scary amounts of WoW. Currently, I'm dealing with some major medical diagnoses and may be a little slower than usual due to nonstop appointments and changes in medication. I consider myself relatively transparent, however, and always try to keep partners updated. You might just need to give me a push every now and then.

My average post ranges from 1500 words and up, and focuses on introspection/character narrative, grimdark themes and undertones, an unhealthy amount of sarcasm, and exploration into the setting and world around our characters. I have over 8 years of experience in storytelling and consider myself to be a fairly well-versed writer with a dynamic cast. I view RP in a long term spread; days and weeks are nothing in the grand scheme of a story to be told over the course of years, and breaks or pauses are natural - if not periodically welcomed. As such, I encourage you to step away or lighten the load whenever you need to. If you want to vanish from thin air, I will still be here and ready to continue when you return. I'm about as chill as they come. There are no obligations with me.

I enjoy a healthy OOC relationship with my partners, as I find that compatible writing is less than 10% of what makes an RP work. I sound pretty formal, but that's all it is, formalities for a...formal post? Or something. I prefer holding off on exchanging discord handles until we're well established, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind having an OOC thread for us to shit talk, shit post, heckle our characters, or whatever else your heart fancies.

I do not write with individuals who use stolen or uncredited art for their characters. This is a major problem among the sci-fi RP community and I don't enjoy how hand-wavey everyone's gotten about it. I will take a stock photo or written description any day over stolen google art. This includes edits you've slapped over another artist's work - coloring their hair yellow doesn't make it yours.

Important: I cannot do posts that are of small text, inaccessible coding, or that have flashing neon/high contrast colors. I will only warn you once for not respecting this boundary before I drop you. Please understand that this is a medical requirement, not a preference. I will get sick and not have a fun time.

Last edited:
.MAELSTROM. .MAELSTROM. I am less keen on cyberpunk, but if you are open to modern, historical, or fantasy feel free to message. I can see you put a lot of work into posts, and to me that is more valuable in a long-term writer than a pre-established storyline. Happy to brainstorm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back