• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Araal Campaign - (High Fantasy, Always Open)

Xel

The Paladin
Alright, I'll start off by saying don't expect some fancy interest check. bbcode is hard yo.

Anyways, I'll start off by explaining my goals for the rp, or my desires I guess. Basically, I want a lot of freedom. It's a high fantasy setting that doesn't really lay out detailed magical systems, or races, or things like that. That's because I want you, the players, to have as much freedom to be as creative as possible. I want a roleplay where the player can use those concepts they never had a chance to in other settings. Where the player can go wild and have fun. Where the player can make use of any of the things they see and progress the story and their character with them. Now there are still limits, you still gotta fit the setting and overall atmosphere. So you can't be Master Chief running around or something like that. But I try to be as lax as possible because I want a diverse and unique cast of characters.

The other big point for me is that most every roleplay I join has a plot laid out. Every interest check is "Here's the overall plot/setting". I don't have a plot for this. What I want is to make plots based around your characters. So, as an example, if someone makes a Princess of a country then the plot would be relevant and influenced by that Princess. You see all these movies and shows and games with the plot being related to the character, and you often don't get that in RP.

So I've written up some lore explaining the general setting that you'll be fitting into. But I want to stress that I openly encourage those interested to add to it. That's why there's a lot of blank spaces in the lore section. If you make a race, I'll add it. But do keep in mind that unless specified as unique/one of a kind, your creations will be part of the world and other players can openly use them same as any other part of the world.

Here's the lore page

If you got any questions don't hesitate to ask, and if you got any ideas or desires, again don't hesitate to ask. And if you've gotten this far through my rambling congrats, and thank you. Never tried this kind of free-form RP on RPN before, so here's hoping it's successful.

Edit: Just realized I didn't specify some basics, this runs towards the more detailed side of roleplay. So ideally 1-2 paragraphs bare minimum per post. Activity is also nice so IDEALLY, once per day. But, y'know, life. So as long as you post a couple times a week to keep things flowing that's fine. I probably forgot more, but hey, that's what the edit button is for.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm super interested in this RP. I do have some questions, when you say Humanoid, can I create a species similar enough to live ad wrk in the same areas as the humans and utilize their tech?

Hey! I'm super interested in this RP. I do have some questions, when you say Humanoid, can I create a species similar enough to live ad wrk in the same areas as the humans and utilize their tech?

Generally that was meant to cover any species that, as you described, can live and work and utilize all the same stuff as normal humans. Such as all your typical fantasy races like dwarves or elves or what have you. Whereas other races are possible, like being a giant or a golem or an ent or whatever you want. But those would obviously have a hard time in a society built for humans.

So, in short, yes.

interested

Glad to have ya :O

Can I play as a medieval version of Masterchief, but he has futuristic equipment? Y’know, for that freedom.

Can I play as a medieval version of Masterchief, but he has futuristic equipment? Y’know, for that freedom.
iya-na-kao-sare-nagara-opantsu-anime-cover-01.jpg

I mean, you did say full creative freedom. If the setting is medieval/fantasy, there is nothing saying that the world doesn’t eventually advance to the point of time to travel, thus allowing me, a Masterchief cosplayer from the future, to travel back to this point in time. I can assure you I’ll balance myself to fit in, so no worries there. What do you say?

I mean, you did say full creative freedom. If the setting is medieval/fantasy, there is nothing saying that the world doesn’t eventually advance to the point of time to travel, thus allowing me, a Masterchief cosplayer from the future, to travel back to this point in time. I can assure you I’ll balance myself to fit in, so no worries there. What do you say?

That'd have to be a no from me partner.

Could you explain why? I pretty much have my heart set on this concept. : )

Mostly because I know you're not serious. I wont allow ports of canon characters from other settings, but an armored soldier is perfectly doable. But you're not actually interested in that. So, shoo.

Mostly because I know you're not serious. I wont allow ports of canon characters from other settings, but an armored soldier is perfectly doable. But you're not actually interested in that. So, shoo.
So you’re saying that a time travelling futuristic armoured soldier OC is perfectly fine in your fantasy setting, then?

I'd also be interested if there is still a slot open. I was thinking about a girl that comes from a human family that specialized in morphing magic into energy. So they are a mixture between mechanics and magicians.

Hmmm Xel Xel I have like 5 concepts floating around so I wanna narrow it down a bit
One of the concepts would be a high ranking figure of one of the religions either Airas or Hila but I'd like to know a tiny bit more if you have any notes on it yet

I'd also be interested if there is still a slot open. I was thinking about a girl that comes from a human family that specialized in morphing magic into energy. So they are a mixture between mechanics and magicians.

That sounds fine to me. Sounds like they'd specialize in some kinda magitek or something.

Hmmm Xel Xel I have like 5 concepts floating around so I wanna narrow it down a bit
One of the concepts would be a high ranking figure of one of the religions either Airas or Hila but I'd like to know a tiny bit more if you have any notes on it yet

What's written is what I got. Like every religion there's gonna be various interpretations n such, so you're free to expound on it as you want.

Well then. I put up an OOC thread (that'll probably largely go unused given discord) as well as the aforementioned discord server. Link to the OOC thread is.... Right Here (OOC)

And then the link to the discord is right here: Discord Invite

I just finished reading through the lore and I'm interested in joining this, if you're still open. Also, how do we go about submitting lore for approval? PM, discord, or post?

I just finished reading through the lore and I'm interested in joining this, if you're still open. Also, how do we go about submitting lore for approval? PM, discord, or post?

PM is fine, as is discord. Or you can include it in your CS if you so desire. Really depends what the lore is, if it's personal then just put it in your CS and I'll tell you if anything needs to be changed. If it's more large scale then just send it to me directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back