• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Apsinthos-Idimmu Academy

OOC
Here

Maxx

A Faded Ghost
A sharp noise cut through Tsareena's dream, stirring her from her sleep. She opened her eyes and reached for the phone on the table beside her bed. An old demon, T really didn't understand much technology, but smartphones were something she had managed to work out a few years ago. She turned off the alarm and looked at the time. Why the hell was she awake at six in the morning?

As if to answer her question, there was a knock at the door, and one of the administration staff walked in. "Good, you're awake," she said. "I was just coming to check. Don't forget that you're supposed to greet the new students today. The bus should be arriving at about eight."

Ugh, that was why she was awake this early. She had totally forgotten.

"Oh, right, yeah. Who are we s'pose to be getting?" T asked.
"Four males, and three females. The males are two demons, an angel, and a human. And your new roommates are two angels and a human."
"Seriously?! I've got three complete losers for my new roommates? That hasn't happened in, like, a hundred years! There's always at least one demon-"
"Tsareena, I know you don't like angels and humans, but you know how it works."
"Yeah, yeah, I know." T sighed.
"I'll leave you to get ready."

An hour and a half later, Tsareena finished putting away a few things and grabbed her phone. She really weren't looking forward to this, but it was one of the things she had agreed to do in order to stay at the Academy indefinitely. Ugh. T put on a pair of sunglasses and headed outside to wait on the front steps for the newbies to turn up.

********​

Kaven woke up to Samuel basically trying to drag him out of bed. "Oi, stop it," he said, laughing, pushing the angel away. "You could have just woken me up normally. How did you even get in here?"
"I have my ways," Samuel said, grinning. "The bus is going to be at my house soon, you need to get ready. I've already been up and ready for, like, two hours."
"Of course you have." Kaven rolled his eyes. "Get out of my room so I can get dressed."
"I'll head back to my house and wait for you there."
"Okay. I won't be long."

Fifteen minutes later, Kaven grabbed a large backpack from his closet and left his house, walking the five minutes to Samuel's home. Of course his boyfriend had decided to wait outside, being the impatient person he was. Kaven found that cute, rather than annoying like a few people tended to. "Told you I wouldn't be long," he said.
"I know you wouldn't be," Samuel replied. "You never do take long to get ready. Just ages to wake up."
Kaven chuckled. "True, that is very true. When's this bus supposed to be getting here?"

Right on cue, an old-looking bus drove into view, the name of the Academy in large letters on its side. It pulled up near the two males and the doors opened.

"I guess that's it." Samuel grabbed Kaven's hand and the two got on the bus, taking seats right at the front. Neither cared about anyone else on the bus, they were just focused on talking to each other for the entire journey.

Lucius had woken up two hours before the bus was set to arrive. He lived alone, in downtown Los Angeles, but he was still the grandson of the literal most famous demon of all time. It meant that he had certain responsibilities to handle before he started his day. One would think that a Demon of his standing would probably enjoy chaos, hate 'goodness', and generally cause hatred and discontent to spread through everything he touched. Nope. These responsibilities were actually mostly paperwork. Political work in the most dull sense of the word. He absolutely hated it, but wasn't politics the absolute greatest way to spread evil, and maintain the empire that his grandfather had founded almost 4000 years before?

After he completed his paperwork, he dressed for school. A plain white undershirt with a red flannel shirt over it, and a pair of faded blue jeans would be his ensemble for the day. He could wear his official garb, and that would turn a few heads. The academy hadn't had someone like Lucius in attendance since his father had been young... But Lucius was more subtle than that. He wanted to scope the Academy out for a while before he made any grand gestures or power moves. He would... just not yet. In the next week or so, he was hoping to garnish the information he needed to make an actual plan... figure out who else in the Academy was capable of taking power, and either recruit them.... or destroy their reputation.

His father, a rather aggressive and violent demon, would advise him simply to kill any competition... but in Lucius' opinion, his father was, for lack of a better word... Outdated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dabria stood on the curb outside of her house, waiting for the bus. She was wearing a black hoodie, covering her long, blond hair, and some comfortably fitting black pants. Her curves were rendered invisible, which she preferred. She couldn't stand the idea of someone staring at her for them. She wasn't particularly interested in romance, mostly because of an understanding that ran in her family. Everything... and everyone dies. Her father usually presided over those deaths... And Dabria didn't want to think of the fact that she would one day take that job, and that if she fell in love... She would have to guide anyone she fell in love with through that absolutely terrifying and traumatic ordeal.

She wished she didn't think that way, but she couldn't help it. It was a natural part of life... and her father had had to go through that pain when Dabria's mother died in childbirth. See... An angel of Death isn't meant to create life, in any way. Her mother had died, essentially poisoned by the man she loved. She knew it was going to happen, but she didn't care. Dabria did, and if Dabria had a child, the same would happen to her that had happened to her father: The other parent would die. Invariably. Without exception. That's how it had always happened, and it was why no angel of Death had ever had any siblings.

When the bus arrived, she stepped onto it silently and sat as close to the back of the bus as she possibly could. At the next stop, which was in Los Angeles (not a very fitting name for such a dirty, crime-ridden city), Dabria watched with detached curiosity as a Demon dressed in red flannel and faded blue jeans entered the bus and sat in one of the middle seats, and simply began to observe the rest of the people on the bus. When his eyes landed on her own, Dabria looked away, suddenly afraid for some reason. Something about his gaze simply spoke of danger...

The day the letter came to the Tanda residence her mother cried for the first time in Aofie's life. It was such a strange thing to see that Aofie did not know what to do with herself. Her father was the first to comfort her crying mother by wrapping his arms around her and taking the letter from her hands. They spend the next few hours trying to figure out how this was possible or how to avoid this. The doting parents did not want to be separated from their beloved daughter, but it was the school or a ward where she would have to be medicated for the rest of her life. Feeling the weight of the situation Aofie wandered into the small kitchen humming a song from some kids show that had been playing earlier that day. She knew it would be tough on her parents and herself, but she had to be the rock in this chaotic time in their lives.

She opened the fridge and smiled at the assortment of Aofie's favorite foods and snacks that filled the cold shelves. She was not going to have this anymore. She would not be able to live in a world where her mother lovingly cook for her every day and her father praised her ever action. She gripped the door of the fridge tightly for a moment the smile on her face feeling tight as she tried to sort out her feeling. "It's alright! I'll just take some snacks!" She released the door and lightly letting her fingers walk across the top before letting it swoop in to grab a dumpling from last nights dinner. She let the door close and popped the dumpling in her mouth before walking back into the room with her parents.
"Mama, Papa! Can you pack me some snacks for the trip?" She beamed at them showing none of the worry that was balled in her stomach. It turned making her feel sick. She laughed. "Do you think I will need some new clothes? What do you think Angels and Demons wear?" She tugged at her shirt. "Should I wear leather? Or maybe feathers? OH! Mama can I get some horns? Or would that be offensive? This is going to be so exciting!" She nearly cheer the last part throwing her hands up in the air.

Her father gave a chuckle and patted his wife's shoulder. "Sugar Bear I think you should wear whatever you want." He got up and put his hand on top of Aofie's head and pulled her face into his chest. "As long as you are happy, that is all that matters." Aofie breathed in the scent of her father. It was one of the most comforting smells. He smelt of Irish Springs soap and the outside where he had been tending to the yard. He was warm and it touched her heart all at once. She choked back a sob. When would she be able to return to this? With her face hidden she was still for just moment before she pushed away from him and swatted his hand. Reaching up she smoothed her hair out trying to jokingly act annoyed. "Papa! My hair!" They laughed together. Then it was over.

The next day she stood out on by the road a duffel bag in one hand with a handful of key chains all off sizes hanging off one side. The bag had writing on it like some one had taken to it with a packet of multi-colored sharpies. On her shoulder was a worn book bag with key chains on every zipper end. She looked like a child going to summer camp for the first time. When the bus arrived she took a deep breath and without looking back to see if her parents were hiding some where stepped onto the bus. A loud upbeat song pulsed in her ears as she bounded onto the bus jumping to the top step. She beamed at the bus driver and waved. "Hi! I'm Aofie! Where are we going? I am so excited!" With that she waved again and tugged the backpack more onto her shoulder. She pasted by two boys that seemed to already be interested in some conversation so she passed by them only giving them a smile. She sat a few seats behind them then turned to look at the other two that were already on the bus. One looked like a mysterious guy with shady past or a farm? She tilted her head to the side and giggled at the thought of him with a bunch of animals around him. The other looked like a pretty girl. A little sad maybe? Maybe she was going through the same this as she was. She nodded coming to her own conclusion. That had to be the case.

When the bus started to move Aofie turned back facing forward. She pulled her bag off her shoulder and opened it taking out a small container. Opening it she grinned at the dumplings she swiped from the fridge before she left that morning. Grabbing one she put in her mouth and let out a loud "Mmm" savoring the flavor. Even though it was sad to leave home she was to excited about this new adventure to let it get her down.

Last edited:
Elia was lying in her bed peacefully, just beginning to come out of her sleeping state when her 5-year-old twin siblings ran into her room and jumped on top of her. Elia jumped up now wide awake.

"Exander? Melody? What on Earth are you doing?"

"You leave today." Melody pouted.

"We want to spend as much time with you as possible before you go," Exander said hugging her.

Elia chuckled and hugged her siblings, "Don't worry. I won't be gone forever. You two have to promise to behave while I'm gone though, okay?"

"Promise." They both said grinning.

"Alright, let's go help mom with breakfast." She got off of her bed and picked up Melody and put her on her hip and held Exanders hand all the way to the kitchen.

"There she is. Your bus will be here in an hour, have you packed everything?" Her dad asked taking Melody from her.

"Everything is packed and ready to go."

Her mom set their breakfast on the table and smiled sadly, "I can't believe you're leaving. My little girl is growing up so fast."

Her mom had been crying nonstop since Elia got her letter. She initially had no intention of going until she discovered her power. He father was supportive but apprehensive to send her away. She didn't want to leave her family behind but how else was she going to learn the full extent of her powers? If she can control them then she can get a job as a healer or something and help support her family. After breakfast, Elia took her time showering and getting ready to leave. She put on her favorite dress and double checked that she had packed everything that she would need. She looked in her mirror and sighed, she didn't want to leave.

"Ten minutes, Ellie!" Her mom called from downstairs.

'Time to go.' she thought taking a deep breath.

She grabbed her suitcase and made her way downstairs. Her family was stood around the front door waiting. The twins were bawling and her mom had tears in her eyes. She tried to comfort them but it only made it worse. When the bus pulled up they all hugged and said their goodbyes.

"I love you guys." She forced herself to hold back her tears as she made her way onto the bus.

She looked around to see a few people on board already. Five people sat scattered around the bus, with the exception of two boys conversing with one another. After a moment of deliberation, she sat in the front next to the window with her suitcase next to her.

'I can do this.'

Last edited:
Tsareena sighed, bored. She wasn't exactly the most patient person at times, especially on these days. The days when she had to welcome the new losers - uh, students - to the Academy. Waiting for people she weren't even going to get on with, when someone else could be doing this instead, wasn't exactly how she wanted to spend her time. But whatever. Nothing she could do about it.

A few minutes before the bus was supposed to arrive, T's phone buzzed. One of the reasons she had a phone was so that the Academy's staff could contact her quickly if needed. Not that they did so, they were much more likely to just find where she was anyway. At least the administration staff remembered the existence of her phone. She looked at the message and groaned. Slight error with the new students. Only three males, one human, one angel, one demon. And the females are two humans, one angel, not the other way round. Great. Just great. Why couldn't the staff just get things right?

She looked up from her phone, just in time to see the bus pulling into view. "Right," she muttered to herself, walking down the stairs to stand on the bottom step. "Time to get this over with."

Once the bus stopped and everyone got off, T gave her usual welcome. "Welcome to the Academy, everyone. I'm Tsareena, and-" she started, only to be interrupted by the sneering voice of Samuel.
"Tsareena? My mother told me all about you," he said. Tsareena simply raised an eyebrow as the boy continued. "She told me that your own parents just abandoned you here and disappeared. And that was nearly two centuries ago, you're too stupid to even graduate from this place. She warned me that you're a bully and a thief, using your age and status with the teachers to get away with whatever you want. You're the only reason my mother had reservations about me and Kaven coming here."
T yawned, unimpressed. Who did this kid think he was, trying to put her down as soon as he arrived? This was why she didn't like others. "And who is your oh-so-knowledgeable mother?" she asked drily.
Samuel answered as if it were some big thing. "Rachelle Cael."

The bored look in Tsareena's eye was replaced by an amused glint. "You're Rachelle's son? Seriously?" She laughed, walking up to the angel. "Tell me, Mr Cael, is your mother still as big a whore as she was when she was younger? More promiscuous than Lilith herself, that woman. Angels, humans, demons, she didn't care. She had a different guy or girl every hour. Even tried hooking up with me at one point."
Samuel glared down at T, clenching his jaw, clearly pissed off. "Shut up."
T grinned. "What's the matter, don't like what I'm saying?" The grin disappeared. "Good. Nothing gives you the right to start running your mouth the moment you get off the bus. You don't know a single thing about me, or anyone else in this school for that matter. You ain't better than anyone else here, so you better realize that soon. Start acting like a brat, and you'll regret it."

She turned and walked back to the step she had been standing on. "Now, as I was saying before the interruption," she said, addressing everyone again. "I'm Tsareena, and I'm the person you're supposed to come to if you have any problems with the school, classes, etcetera, etcetera." There was a bunch of stuff she was supposed to say, but she really couldn't be bothered. "Before I show you all around the Academy or whatever, does anyone have any questions?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back