• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SilverDingo

Full Moon/Full Life
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

And the Angel pointed his sword towards the tree, which grew in the heart of the wasteland. “See that which still blooms even surrounded by death? That is the sign of The Lord’s covenant to establish a New Jerusalem.”
— Apocryphon of Eadwald 5:18

81wgoFW3TdL._AC_SX466_.jpg

This is intended to be a Cosmic Horror RP set in Medieval France around the time of the Third Crusade. Inspired by A Plague Tale: Innocence, Call of Cthulhu, Bloodborne, and The Talos Principle.

The Apocrypha of Eadwald is taken from The Talos Principle. I liked the title a lot, and so I borrowed it.

This roleplay will deal with some topics such as religion and death that might be considered heavy, but that's just because it's meant to be. If you feel uncomfortable, please let me know.

Please, feel free to ask me any questions!

• "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."
    - Matthew 10:34

image0.jpg

The fiefdom of Plaiciennes is located in the northeastern Duchy of Aquitaine in the shadow of the French Alps. This region is known for its wheat fields, Roman Ruins, and the Plaiciennes River that runs through it. It is considered a very peaceful and bountiful region. Ruled by the noble Lord Isembard, its people are peaceful and devout.

Recently, however, the region has been racked with chaos. The discovery of the writings of Eadwald, a Saxon Priest, has sent ripples through the region. Long ago deemed heretical by the church, they seek to destroy the book before any damage can be done. A copy has recently fallen into the hands of a collector living within Plaiciennes, leaving The Inquisition to deal with hunting down the heretical text. Burdened with thin numbers, the Church began calling soldiers from Crusade as well as recruiting peasants to assist them. Storms and blight have also come to the area, destroying crops and threatening the region's economy. Lastly, messengers have come from elsewhere, bringing rumor of a marching army on the horizon, sent by Isembard’s brother.

May God protect us and guide us in these turbulent times.

Religion and history? Oh, I'm definitely intrigued. I'm sick of the generic Medieval fantasy RP's so seeing something like this is refreshing.

Interested. Looking at playing an alchemist, drinking in the new wisdom coming out of the holy lands.
Be careful as the pursuit of knowledge may be your downfall.

Religion and history? Oh, I'm definitely intrigued. I'm sick of the generic Medieval fantasy RP's so seeing something like this is refreshing.
Ha ha, thank you. It's an idea I've tried before elsewhere but it didn't quite take off. It's also not really a subject I see tackled much in roleplay OR writing.

Ha ha, thank you. It's an idea I've tried before elsewhere but it didn't quite take off. It's also not really a subject I see tackled much in roleplay OR writing.

Religious orders are something I have long wanted to explore through writing so a monk or nun character could be interesting.

Thanks, btw where are we going to post the CSes (if there even is one yet)
Character sheets are listed under the Character Sheet Tab in the OP. However, I’m trying to decide if a sort of “Informational Wiki+characters” is the way to go or not, or whether to post them here.

Definitely interested in this. Provided that it doesn't lean too much into action horror/action fantasy re: Bloodborne, this is the kind of RP that I long for. Expect some kind of tradesman or clergy from me.

Man, that looks interesting! Thinking of making a huntsman, although with possible ties to the church.

this premise? this setting? yes. count me in (if you're still looking-). i'm thinking of perhaps playing as a tradesman; either as a jeweler (goldsmith, silversmith, etc.) or maybe an apothecary-herbalist of sorts. honestly, i could fit any of the others too if there's an imbalance in the group too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back