• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Apartment (YA Slice of Life)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Mistlethwaite Manor

PixieDust

Ten Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

The Apartment, Summer Season: Afternoon Tea

Julians-Park-EXT-MAIN_406143101_732639552.jpg

If there was one thing anyone could be sure of when it came to Count and Countess Mistlethwaite, it was that they could always be counted on to throw a well organised, aesthetically pleasing and tastefully lavish party.

Though, the pair were not deeply acquainted with the friends of their daughter Anthea (and rarely agreed on anything at all these days), they had insisted on celebrating the acquisition of their youngest daughter’s first shared apartment of adult life with gusto.

The sprawling grounds of the Mistlethwaite estate had been decked with monochrome banners that said ’Happy Housewarming’ and balloons with the very same colour scheme.

On the lawn, a few round tables sat under a crisp white marquee for the obligatory afternoon tea, at which guests could mingle somewhat freely until the main event in the evening. Along with this, a game of lawn bowls had been set out on the impeccable lawn so as to amuse younger partygoers.

Countess Camilla Mistlethwaite had kindly arranged for all of Anthea’s friends to be driven to Mistlethwaite Manor in a Rolls Royce and had instructed Anthea to inform them that formal evening wear would be required. Anthea had been more than eager to help anyone who asked with choosing an outfit even if she did find the party somewhat excessive and fussy….

Now is the time for guests to start arriving for the afternoon tea. The rays of the sun beam down on the country estate as though formally blessing the festivities. It is quite the spectacle as guests begin arriving in their sleek vehicles, shaking hands, curtsying or bowing in greeting to the Count and Countess. Anthea is not here just yet, fashionably late most likely.

The faint din of classical music fills the air. It is clear that all of this is some sort of upper class formality. The evening is when the real party would begin…​

Zane is in the flower garden admiring the different kinds of flowers and vegtables and so on. He gets his drawing pad out and starts to draw the garden. 'He then remembers his dad loving gardens before he was killed by a drunk driver' he says to outloud "well dad i made a name for self on the path i wanted for my self". He continues to draw the garden his smile a mix between happy and slightly lonely. He gently hums to himself as the picture starts to take shape.

Last edited:

tumblr_n8vz9vmyFn1rbeiz4o6_250.gif

'For my sake, don't wear anything Mum and Dad will call 'gauche' Thea.' The pretty blonde nodded absently as she let her elder sister prattle on over the phone. She was far too busy picking out a pair of swarovski crystal encrusted open-toe heels to really pay attention.

'Are you listening to me, Anthea?'

'Yah of course I am, Poppy. I won't wear anything mummy and daddy call 'gauche', 'gaudy' or 'tacky' I promise. Now what do you think, hair up or hair down?' She mused, tilting her head to one side as she looked over her appearance in the mirror and tried to form her hair into an up-do. Anthea made a face and shook her head. 'Ugh, definitely down,' she said without waiting for Poppy's answer. 'Now Millie I'll see you later at the party. Don’t be too late else daddy will have a cow!'

She blew a kiss down the phone and hung up before Poppy could protest at all. Hitting play on her 'Pre-party Playlist', she continued riffling through her vast collection of clothes to find a dress for the party, humming along to a Calvin Harris track as she did so.

As she thumbed through the luxurious materials, Anthea thought of the friends whom she would now be spending the majority of her life with. She hadn’t seen them since they had graduated. She had pretty much left for a month-long trip to Calais with Thierry soon after that day…

Anthea eventually decided on her dress; floor length ball gown, shoulders bare, shocking pink with just a hint of midriff showing. After inspecting her final appearance in the vanity mirror, the blonde was soon exiting her room at Mistlethwaite Manor, this time for the last time.

Stepping out onto the lawn was breathtaking. Of course, Anthea had always known the grounds were beautiful, but seeing them decked out with the banners and a marquee was quite another thing.

She felt her mother’s arm wrap around her own as she tugged her between her and her father (most likely so that she no longer had to stand next to him).

‘Happy housewarming, darling,’ her mother whispered as the invitees clapped and cheered. In the sea of guests, Anthea could pick out her elder sister Poppy and her boyfriend. She managed to catch Poppy’s disapproving expression at the sight of her bright pink dress. Close to them stood her favourite cousin William who caught her glancing at him and offered a small smile and nod of acknowledgement.

She did not have time to scope out any of her friends before her father spoke, gaining the attention of the crowd.

‘Ah, speak of the devil in magenta and she shall appear!’ He jested, kissing her lightly on the forehead. This is not magenta, dad, Anthea thought, fighting not to roll her eyes.

‘Today is an incredibly special day in our Anthea’s life. Why it only seems like yesterday, she was toddling around and refusing to wear her nappies and now she is about to embark on her biggest adventure yet…learning to use a dish washer.’ A few people chuckled at this and even Anthea smiled up at her dad. Truth be told, she had been dreading that one…

‘We are excited for Anthea, of course, but we are also pleased for all of her friends. This is a journey that you are all taking together. My advice is for each of you to treasure it,’ her mother continued with a somewhat theatrical tone from her days of stage and screen.

Quite honestly, Anthea never liked how everything her parents said sounded like it had been staged and manufactured to fit their brand of a happy family. All she wanted was to celebrate with her friends. A couple of tequilas and some great music was all she wanted. Not this. Not when she hardly recognised anyone here.

Her mother gave her the encouraging nudge that it was now her turn to speak and Thea instantly straightened up with a large, warm smile.

‘Hi everyone. Mummy and daddy are terribly dramatic, sorry about that. I know you’re probably all welling up enough to water the grass,’ she quipped, waving effusively around at everyone, hardly ladylike. ‘Yah, no, but in all seriousness, thank you both for this. I really do appreciate it. And thanks everyone for coming. I’m hoping all eight of us will survive a year with each other to tell the tale. In any case, I know you’re only here for the free scones and tea, so I won’t babble on anymore.’ Anthea took a little bow and chuckled.

Thankfully, her father swiftly ended with a raise of his champagne glass, and the mingling could finally commence. Anthea disentangled herself. From her parents and set off to find her friends.

With: x Mentions: erzulie erzulie unstablepuddle unstablepuddle fairyfawn fairyfawn Leo Radomir Leo Radomir neverbackdown neverbackdown snazzyjae snazzyjae final girl. final girl. Mood: Excited Dress: x

Last edited:
He heard the speech but remained indiffetent, it wasn't long before he finished the drawing in black and white. He gets up and sees anthea then says" Ay anthea i want to give you this picture".
His casual yet dark blue suit has a little dirt on it but he quickly wipes it off. He gently smiles projecting an aura of calmness. PixieDust PixieDust

• filler

Wooo, a party! Otto hasn’t been to many parties before; mostly because otter prefers to go to Halloween parties where otter can eat candy and other sweet treats. But you know, he’ll go to this party. Hopefully there will be sweet treats there for Otto to snack on! Can you really blame Otto for having a sweet tooth? Sweets are great. Otto had the day off of work; and as much as he loved his job as a barista, he definitely deserved a break. Plus, it was quite tiresome at times.

Sharing an apartment with others was pretty great and apparently Anthea's parents were hosting the party. A housewarming party or something like that. Otter didn't have to bring anything right? As long as otter didn't have to bring anything then everything should be great!

What will he wear to the party? Otto rummaged through his messy closet; he should really clean his closet sometime. Otter pulled out one of otters dresses; a black ruffle dress with a belt around the waist area and a button up collar around the neck area. Will this be okay for the party? Otto hoped so. Otto began to get dressed for the party, putting the dress on before sitting on his bed to put shoes on. Otto got up and did a little twirl. He adjusted his glasses before carding his fingers through fluffy hair and he put his hair into a short ponytail. Okay, otter should be ready to go now!

Otto was going to be driven to the party? That's so kind! He couldn't wait!

When Otto got to the party, he began to take a look around the lawn where there were balloons and of course a giant banner. The scenery here is very pretty; otter had to admit that. He didn't care much for the speech at all. In fact, Otto was looking for something else to do rather than listen to a speech he found boring. Otto adjusted otters glasses once more before smoothing out otters dress a little.

There are so many people here and quite frankly, Otto does not know who any of these people are. Otter’ll have to stick with someone that otter knows. Otto looked around and he wandered away from the others. Where are the snacks at? Otto was more interested in finding out where the snacks and drinks were. Nonalcoholic drinks, mind you. And hanging out with otters apartment buddies too.

otto fischer

lower class guy

yooo what up

♡coded by uxie♡

It was summer, Alex’s favorite season. She woke up around ten am and ate pancakes made by their live-in maid, Lucia, who had been a part of their family since Fiona was pregnant with Alex. Lucia was a kind and hard worker.

“Good morning, Lucia! How are you doing?” Alex greeted her. “Good morning, Miss Collins, I’m well, and you?” she asked with a smile.
“Oh, I’m doing great! I have a party to go to and I'm going to see an old friend.” She responded.
“Ah, yes, very good!” Lucia agreed. Alex smiled and gave her a small nod then sat by her little sister, Sierra.

“So,Sisi, what do you think I should wear to my party?” Alex asked.
“Hm, what kind of party?” Sierra asked.
“It is a housewarming party, they said to wear formal evening attire.” Alex responded.
“Oh, then definitely a gown then. I think a long one would be best.” Sierra advised.
“Okay, yeah that sounds nice thanks a bunch! Love you!” Alex thanked her and then kissed her softly on the side of her head.

She went to her room after breakfast and took a shower. After her shower, she did her makeup and got dressed for the party. She dug in her closet until she found a long sleeve plum dress that went down to her feet. Alex chose to pair it with sleek black heels. She curled her hair with a curling iron then stuffed all her things in a tiny black purse. Finally, Alex is on her way with her nice new purple BMW. She listened to her favorite tunes to hype her up, sang along as she drove with the windows down and did not care what people might think.

Alex was excited for this party and seeing Anthea again. She still remembered their boarding school days. Alex missed her. It had been a while since Alex had been to a formal party like this. She arrived just in time for the big speech and greeted the people she knew. Alex listened attentively while Anthea’s mom spoke and was impressed by her speech. She got a glass of a non-alcoholic beverage, disappointed that there was no alcohol, then went to find Anthea. After about ten minutes, she found her. “Oh my gosh girl hey it's been so long! How are you? What have you been up to?” she smiled and extended her arms for a hug.

Zane watches this start playout he almost forgot girls and women are more like this than guys . After a couple of minutes he walks over with the picture. He then says" well someone is really excited, can say I'm fond of these kind of events as a rule but it's not so bad every so often".

Riley_tattooqueen

scroll

Riley did her best to hide the disbelief on her face when they arrived at the Mistlethwaite mansion. She had known Anthea's family was rich but, the mansion, the rolls royce to get them there, she never really realised how rich until this moment as she walked into the lavish and perfectly manicured garden. Everything was set to perfection, every banner straightened, the tablecloths without creases over the accurately laid out tables and chairs. It was impressive but almost too sterile for Riley's liking.

Riley was initially skeptical when Anthea first mentioned her family's plan, rathering the housewarming to be in their new apartment, with cheap booze and good music but she quickly came around to the idea after the confirmation of there being free food and drink. Having known the struggles of having nothing Riley was not the type to turn down anything free and so here she was wearing an uncomfortable fancy dress and heels at a sophisticated garden party with a ton of people she didn't know but as she finished her flute of champagne and found it immediately replaced with a new one she was reminded why this was all worth it.

Riley's attention was drawn towards the house as Anthea's began to give a speech to the crowd, a soft smile on her face as she listened to her friend speak but also a hint of amusement would be found on her features,

It's like being in Downton Abbey, Is this really how the upper class live?

Riley broke from her thoughts as the speech seemed to wrap her and she slightly raised her glass as to cheers Anthea. Riley watched as Anthea made her way down into the crowd and she quickly made her way towards her friend "Hey guys" she greeted as she gave Alex a hug, then Anthea in greeting "Your house is amazing, are you sure you want to leave" an amused smirk played on her lips before she slightly raised her glass "like if this is what its always like I volunteer to take you place" she laughed.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

-Gone with the wind (1939)

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Gio sees his friend and playfully hugs zane. He then says" that's not the only thing that is amazing you lady's look stuning". " sorry about my friend he's a bit to modest for his own good".

tumblr_n8vz9vmyFn1rbeiz4o6_250.gif

Anthea had managed to spot her old friend Alex arriving just as the speech began. She was easy to spot, being clad in a gorgeous plum gown. She would go and greet her, but first….a snap of the grounds for her Instagram stories. The blonde quickly held up her phone toward the celebratory scene and spun in a circle before changing the camera to face her, smiling angelically. ‘Just look at this! We are so gonna party tonight…just ditch the tea, darling,’ she joked before blowing a kiss to the camera and tapping send.

Anthea whirled round when she felt a tap on her shoulder to see her cousin Will smiling at her. ‘Hello, dear cousin. I’d like to see you try and survive apartment life. I give it a week.’

Thea rolled her eyes and shoved him playfully on the arm.
‘I’d like to see you at a party with a plus one for once.’
‘Yeah that’ll be a never, Anthea. Anyway, you know if you need me I’m always about. Just got a junior researcher job at the BBC actually.’

Anthea gasped with delight and flung her arms around her favourite cousin.
‘Oh my god, Will I’m so bloody proud of you. I’m going to call you tomorrow if I’m not hungover and you need to tell me everything. Ok love you, and for god’s sake have fun!’ She let go of him, winking and tilting her head indiscreetly toward one of her friends standing nearby chatting with Poppy. Then she set off once more and managed to hear him saying,
‘If you’re hungover? More like when…’

Soon Alex had spotted Anthea and had approached her with her usual bright smile. Nothing had changed since their school days, and yet so much had changed at the same time.

“Oh my gosh girl hey it's been so long! How are you? What have you been up to?”
Anthea hugged her friend close, before letting her go and responding.
‘Oh I’m great! Survived uni and had a one month holiday in heaven with my amazing beau, Thierry. Not literal heaven of course, just France…but anyway, don’t you look scrumptious in that plum dress! How’s Sierra? We will have all the time in the world to catch up now that we are living together-‘

Anthea had been about to continue at rapid speed when another of her friends approached them. One that towered above the both of them and indeed most other attendees.

Thea would recognise that red hair and tank-like build anywhere.
‘Well someone is really excited. Can’t say I'm fond of these kind of events as a rule but it's not so bad every so often.’

Anthea felt instantly calmer in the presence of Zane, almost as though being sensible might be a good idea. He had quite the grounding affect, and seeing the small smudges of dirt on his suit did even more for such grounding.

‘Hi Zane,’ she craned her neck to address him. ‘Did you get even taller?’ Then she noticed the paper in his hand and eyed it quizzically. She wouldn’t ask what it was, but she knew it was a drawing.
She looked from Zane to Alex again. ‘Have either of you seen the others?’

At that moment Riley came over looking quite formidable in her floor length, slinky black number. Anthea let out a playful whistle.
‘Well, well Riley I think I’m in love. Don’t you look like the vampire queen at a tea party…’
‘Your house is amazing, are you sure you want to leave?’
Thea chuckled and pushed her blonde hair over her shoulder.
‘It’s not all great. This is a listed historical building so absolutely no parties and (she put on her best snobby Queen’s English accent) one must always behave demurely.’

With: Riley, Zane and Alex Mentions: erzulie erzulie unstablepuddle unstablepuddle fairyfawn fairyfawn Leo Radomir Leo Radomir neverbackdown neverbackdown snazzyjae snazzyjae final girl. final girl. Mood: Excited Dress: x

Zane gently chuckles then says" just you lot so far, i was in the garden till farely recently". " i don't have much or anything in common with many of the guests so it's pretty awkward" He pauses for a few moments then says" before i forget yes my friend is right I'm dressed less formal than most, but yes your ladies are stunning I'm not just blowing hot air".
He then playfully says" that accident sounds weird coming from you but i can't say it's not amusing". He brings the picture up for all to see and it's a black and white picture of the garden. "This is the picture i want to give to you threa".

Alex was excited to see Anthea and happy she remembered so much. It was just like their boarding school days. She cherished Thea’s hug.
“Awww thank you so much! You look beautiful too, babes! Sierra is good, thanks for asking! Also congrats on your beau, I wish I had one of those.” She chuckles softly. She felt good about her dress choice. She got slightly jealous when Thea’s other friends crowded her but she tried to let it go and not show her jealousy. Alex didn’t have the opportunity to respond to Thea’s question about where everyone was. She saw Riley and overheard their conversation. Alex wondered if Riley was single because she thought she was smoking hot. Alex was happy to hear that Thea found love and she hoped she would too. Alex didn’t recognize Zane but she wasn’t overly interested in him, however, she was polite enough to say hello to him. She thought about flirting with Riley but she felt too nervous at first so instead, she decides to go socialize with some of the other guests. She walked around the crowd of people and introduced herself to anyone she thought was attractive. She actually managed to score a few numbers. She plugged them into her phone and She felt very confident after that so then she decides to go try to hit on Riley. She approached her with a confident walk and smile,
“Hey, cutie. I’m Alex, short for Alexandria, and you're Riley, right? How do you know Anthea?” she asked with anticipation for the answer.

• filler

Salted caramel, licorice, cookies, and more sweets. And coffee loaded with sugar, coffee creamer, peppermints, caramel, and whipped cream. Otto’s heaven. An iced coffee, or an iced drink in general, would be a good refreshment on a summer day like this. If Otto was going to be honest, otter’s going to hog all of the sweets for otterself. What do you mean otter has to share the sweets? Whoops, Otto’s getting distracted. Maybe Anthea would have a stash of sweets just for him! Anthea is very nice. Speaking of Anthea, where was she? Surely, she would know where they were keeping the snacks and drinks at.

Otto looked across the lawn, looking across the balloons and the banner and the many people that were here at the party. He weaved his way through the others, preferring to break off from the crowd of strangers whilst looking for his friends. It didn’t take long for Otto to spot Anthea and some of the other apartment buddies.

Friends!

Otto only briefly acknowledged the presence of the others that were with Thea. It’s nice to see his fellow apartment buddies here at the party. Though otter was more focused on getting some sweet treats, otter is very deserving of sweets. So he wasn’t that interested in chatting with the others. But hey, Otto was polite enough to acknowledge their presence though.

“Theaaaa!” Otto spoke enthusiastically and excitedly, making otters way over to the others. “Thea, do you have any sweets just for me? Do you?” Otto was bouncing with excitement and anticipation. Otter was hyper. Very hyper. Can you really blame Otto though? "Oh! And do you know where they're keeping the snacks and drinks at? The nonalcoholic drinks, though." There he goes with rambling again with a big smile on his face.

otto fischer

lower class guy

anthea

♡coded by uxie♡

leo martin

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

the glorious sons

everything is alright

Leo had been deliberating on her clothing choice for something like half an hour, and she still wasn't any closer to figuring out whether the dress she was holding was ‘formal’ or not. Everything Google had shown her had been, like, floor-length gowns that she was absolutely sure to wipe out in, so she'd decided to search her closet instead, only to find a grand total of three whole dresses. In the entire thing. She'd always known her (lack of) fashion choices would come back to bite her someday.

She'd picked out the most 'fancy'-looking one, which was probably an overstatement in itself; it was just a basic white dress with a blue floral pattern, and she honestly had no clue where she'd even obtained it in the first place. It probably didn't even count as formal, but by now she definitely didn't have enough time to go out and buy a new dress, so she supposed it would just have to work. Oh, god, she was probably going to look horrible. She should have taken Anthea up on her offer to help.

She paired it with some strappy darker blue heels-- very short ones, of course, Leo knew anything taller than half an inch would definitely cause more trouble than it was worth-- some very basic makeup, nude lipstick and mascara and a little bit of blue eyeshadow (which she had been slightly surprised to realize she owned), with a couple of slim silver rings and a necklace. Leaving her hair down loose, mostly because she hadn't a clue what else to do with it, the girl gave a slight sigh and sat down on her bed with a thump.

Oh, fuck, the clock! She was going to be late oh shit oh fuck oh no-- Leo bolted for the door, scrambling down the stairway with the desperation of someone absolutely convinced she was going to be late because her mom's car was shitty and only started half the time--
And was greeted with something that was definitely not her mother's 9-year-old used Ford Fiesta.

"Oh my god, thank you so much, I totally forgot she was sending a car,"
She blurted, sliding into the backseat without an ounce of preamble, searching for a seatbelt,
"What even is this, anyways, it's so fancy-- a Rolls-Royce, right? Wow-- oh, I should probably stop talking, I'm gonna distract you, sorry."
Leo, just as she'd said, very resolutely shut up and stared out the window for most of the remainder of the drive, looking slightly apprehensive.

That quickly faded to eagerness as they pulled up, however, and Leo stumbled out of the car, catching herself on the door before blurting out another quick
"Thank you!"
and setting off into the, honestly, rather intimidating garden party to look for her friends. There were so many people, holy shit-- and from what she could see everyone in a dress had a floor-length skirt, which meant that she had messed up the dress code, shit.

Her self-detrimental thoughts were stopped short, however, by the advent of-- a speech? Wow, this was definitely fancier than she'd expected, although she probably should have realized that just by looking around. To be honest, when the idea of a housewarming party was brought up, she'd expected some sort of little thing in the apartment, not a fancy garden party at Anthea's very rich parents' house. Which looked like a mansion, basically, Leo couldn't help thinking, even if it was something she'd been expecting. Like, wow. It was huge.

As the speech rounded to a close (and if she was going to continue her trend of being honest, she hadn't really been paying attention to most of it anyways), she spotted the 'lady of the ball' herself, Anthea, heading back out into the crowd, and set out after her. With some difficulty, because she was trying to avoid inconveniencing any of the slightly scary rich people, but she made it there after a minute or so-- and some of her other apartment friends had caught up with her, too!
"Thea, guys-- hi! Sorry if I look bad, probably should have asked for help about the dress code and stuff, but wow, this place is fancy-- oh, that was probably rude, sorry. Anyways. Hi!"

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Zane nods after being greeted, then says, " She's all over the place, it was clear she wasn't that interested in me, which is fine, but darting around like that is only going to tire her out sooner or later." "I was like that as a teen and learned the hard way". He then returns his attention to the group and says"That aside, it's nice to meet new people, and i hope some of us become friends".
Zane playfully ninja chops Otto's head, then says, You're going to lose your teeth at this rate, and no, I'm not looking for real teeth props". He pauses for a few moments then says, Don't even try enabling him thea ; I'm doing this for his own good in the long run, and no, I don't feel bad about putting my foot down on this issue". He then turns to Leo and says, No worries, I'm not exactly dressed to the nines, and it's not a regular thing for you, so I don't see it as a big deal". He pauses for a few moments then says, I'm not one for sugary things as a rule, but I wouldn't say no to some nice food, but it would be nicer if some of us ate together given that we haven't done so in a while". He looks around at the people and hopes that some will come with him so they can chat, eat, and drink at the same time. He isn't that interested in most of the people, but he would look like a right dick if he outright right snubs them, so he is trying to be nice' He then turns back to thea and then says" I almost forgot there is something else i want to talk to you about, but it can wait till later after all it is a party so i should do my best to socialize more".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back