• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Amnesia Games

Yuffie Kisaragi

Materia Thief
You awake in an unfamiliar place. Many others are around you, also waking up for the first time. You know nothing except for your name and your goal. Suddenly, a voice echoes all around you.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Boys and Girls,

Welcome to the Amnesia Games!

You have been allowed to remember three things

Your name

Your goal in life

And your skills in combat

I have brought you here

From all over the omniverse

You each have an interesting story

But none of you know it

Because I have taken your memories

And the only way you will get it back,

Is if you play my game

So have fun

I'll be in touch.

~~~~

This is the Amnesia Games, a mysterious competition that has drawn together heroes and... others from across the multiverse, and then taken their memories. They must journey together to retrieve them.

Of course, this alone is pretty boring. But, I've a couple more elements to make it a bit more fun. For one, these characters, stolen from across the multiverse are none other than... Your favorite RP characters! All those characters that you had in a game that was then completed, and you would give anything to have them once more? They're welcome to return! From any setting, from any story, allowed to be here. Now that's cool right?

Now, the characters won't be memoryless the entire time... What a way to just completely destroy any kind of character development right? Rather, I will grant individual memories at certain points. Which memory they receive is up to you, and they can go completely out of order. Whatever you wish! Throw off their character arc all you want, make their tale of redemption go backwards! The character is like brand new again.

I will also have a story altering system known as Choice!

Basically, I will set up a point where a character will have to make a choice. This choice has circumstances and consequences especially made for that character.

Have a character that is too villainous to really jive with the cooperation aspect of these Games? I have a limited amount of villain slots available to be the Watcher's personal attack dogs and terrorists for the dear competitors. Once sign-ups go up, just PM me with the request and I'll see about it.

Have a character that's dead but related to an already submitted character? I may also have a place for them! Once sign-ups go up, PM me with this request, and I will look into it.

One final thing to add is the PVP that everyone enjoys. Periodically, several characters will go at it in a battle royale known as Memory Battles, competing for a single memory. Because fighting is the most fun right?

In any case, those are the basics. As for rules... Well, you know them. But let's go over them once more for clarification's sake.

1. All RPNation rules apply, especially those regarding more sensitive material
  2. No Godmodding, such as completely broken characters, autohitting, metagaming, controlling other character's actions, etc.
  3. Try to make posts at least 4 lines long. Shorter ones are of course okay occasionally, but really, 4 lines isn't too much to ask for.
  4. I'd prefer your characters to be from an RP. But you are allowed to take a character that is from a piece of media, such as a book, game, or movie. The RP doesn't have to be finished if you really want to use the character, just try and give them a completed arc by making something up. Alternatively, you can also create an entirely new OC for this RP if you are lacking in the character department.

More Rules Because I Screwed Up The Bullets And I'm Lazy:

1. As many characters as you can handle are allowed. No limits.
  2. No killing or controlling other people's characters without their permission.
  3. I am GM, so I can do what I want, and I can judge other things to be fair or not. I will be doing a bit of godmodding myself when attempting to move plot stuff forwards, but I'll make it as non-intrusive as possible. And when my actual characters are engaging in PVP, I swear to not do so.
  4. On the topic of PVP, there is no formal combat system here. Freeform combat is the game here. There is also no requirement to work out the outcome of the match beforehand. If that makes you more comfortable, then that is fine, but personally, I see it as a limitation. Writing is spontaneous, not planned! Whatever happens happens, but keep it fair. If I find it becoming outrageous or see some kind of powerplaying/godmodding, I'll ask you to tone it down, and should things get bad, end it. If this is a repeated occurrence, the member will be banned.
  5. Please, have as much fun as possible!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back