• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The American Assembly Interest Check

HanShootsFirst

The years had not been kind to the once prosperous nation. War, famine, drought and plague had ravaged it for generations. Some tried to stick together in the beginning, they lasted for a while. Eventually they too fell. And generations passed as groups no larger than a few dozen roamed the wasteland of america. Cultures began to break down and the old myths were replace with new ones, the old husks that remained of the cities began to be used again, when they could.

Even more time passed, and these fledgling havens from the raiders, mutants, and savages that filled the world began to grow, and fight back. Ancient technologies began to be rediscovered. While only the richest of nations could afford them long forgotten modes of transportation once again saw the light of day, these are often kept secret though. The one thing that people have learned over the last several centuries is that if you have something, someone else always wants it.

Then something happened, something with the potential to bring peace, or destruction, to the fractured nation. A strange radio signal began being broadcast across the land. While the signal could only reach so far an event of this magnitude was spread just as quickly through word of mouth as it could be through the fractured radio stations that survived this long.

"Are we ready? It's on? Good," while the quality was terrible a woman's voice could be heard through the static, "I know there are others out there, others that, aren't raiders and savages. It's been hard here, as I'm sure it has been for all of you but, we have hope! We've heard rumors of other... groups, of people banding together, more than just a couple of dozen struggling to survive. Some have thousands even hundreds of thousands, We have no idea if they're real but we need to reach out. The past doomed us that much is obvious but maybe, just maybe we can bring it together. I don't know how far this message will reach but we're in the East. We've taken to calling our, nation you could call it, New Athens. The best I could tell it's outside the ancient city of Atlanta, but, we just call it The Heap. Watch yourselves coming through there, something... something bad happened there generations ago. We've hardly ever had anyone come back. We want to start over, meet the other civilizations to learn from each other. Work together. Please, if you can, send people to meet with us, it may be our last chance to-" the message cut off and only static resumed but the message was clear, all were welcome any that wished for peace and had grown tired of the horrifying lives in the wastes were welcomed to spread their ideas and commune with the others.

=============================================================

As you can see I'm trying to start a nation building rp revolving around large groups that have risen from the ashes of America the level of technology is pretty much standard firearms and weapons, rifles and pistols. However if people are interested in the idea we could use Fallout Lore as this was what I based this on to begin with. It's all up to you. The general idea would be the players will build a nation as well as create some leaders and/or delegates to represent them at the Assembly then the diplomacy will happen at the Assembly itself.cThank you so much for reading my post!

Last edited:
I'm not normally interested in the nation-building stuff, but this sounds pretty interesting. (Btw, not a huge fan of Fallout here. I mean the games are great but I never liked playing them. I know some about the lore, but no details)

I'm not normally interested in the nation-building stuff, but this sounds pretty interesting. (Btw, not a huge fan of Fallout here. I mean the games are great but I never liked playing them. I know some about the lore, but no details)

That's no problem if you're really interested feel free to PM me and I can provide more details this was just sticking my feet in the water so to speak.

I'd maybe be interested if this involves Fallout, or if additional details are revealed.

It seems like a generic apocalyptic or post apocalyptic roleplay. There might even be trouble for factions to actually communicate, trade, ect.

That's how it will start out ideally as the RP progresses and relationships build, or fail, the world will reflect that I would also love for some less than good factions not everyone will choose the "right path" in the apocalypse. The idea I was working with was a combination of Nuclear war and natural disasters led to the country being reduced to ruins

That's how it will start out ideally as the RP progresses and relationships build, or fail, the world will reflect that I would also love for some less than good factions not everyone will choose the "right path" in the apocalypse. The idea I was working with was a combination of Nuclear war and natural disasters led to the country being reduced to ruins
Yeah but you're suggesting a roleplay where a significant part of it will be about diplomacy and politics, and that'll be difficult if the former U S of A is a hellscape. It's interesting to start out that way, but basically someone in Oregon will never be able to interact with someone in Vermont.

Yeah but you're suggesting a roleplay where a significant part of it will be about diplomacy and politics, and that'll be difficult if the former U S of A is a hellscape. It's interesting to start out that way, but basically someone in Oregon will never be able to interact with someone in Vermont.

That's definitely part of the challenge I could limit it to east of the Rocky Mountains.

I would be intrested in making some radiation worshiping zealots praise atom

That's sounds amazing I feel like that would be welcome. I also came to a decision. I'm going to scale the Roleplay down to start with and it's going to stay east of the Mississippi River.

Alright guys so this is clearly getting some attention so I wanted to post the outline for the Faction and Character sheets. From my experience with these it's best to have at least two delegates that attend the assembly. I'm also willing to expand certain aspects of the Roleplay it's safe to assume that the technology level will be the near future, do with that what you will just be aware that if something feels too powerful or broken I will ask you to change it.

Factions

Name:

History:

Government:

Economy:

Culture:

Military:

Technology:

Religion:

Views on mutation:

Land occupied:

Population: