• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Albert Branch (Urban fantasy/Secret organisation RP)

The Mad Queen

Memento Mori. Unus Anus
231be468-1fba-4dd5-8240-e9b33e25f240

Welcome to the Albert Branch, a top secret part of MI5 with a very simple purpose: To be a peacekeeping force between the human world and the other beings that share our planet, those considered unearthly and/or supernatural creatures. It follows three simple goals, ranked in order of importance:

1. Protection: To defend the the world (and primarily) Britain from supernatural and unearthly threats both external and internal.
2. Preparation: To prepare the world (and primarily) Britain for coming supernatural and unearthly threats both external and internal.
3. Location: To keep a record of all supernatural and unearthly creatures, ensure they become upstanding members of British society and if necessary, re-locate them elsewhere.

Follow these steps and you'll do just fine, and remember employment in the Albert Branch is life plus ten years. Should you be killed on a mission or die of natural causes (lucky bastard) your zombified corpse (or what remains of it) will probably be used for testing or in records.

Batting supernatural horrors is one thing, but your other enemy will be bureaucracy as our rather under-equipped and under-funded department battles government cutbacks and austerity. Based on my experiences I'd rather face an actual Vampire than one of those money-grubbing, bloodsucking parasites and I'm sure you'll feel the same, eventually.
-
So for some actual OOC details, you'll be working from the first headquarters of the Albert Branch in Northern Ireland, a small yet chaotic county with a long history of supernatural and unearthly activity. Your characters, whether they be trained agents or people drafted after seeing too much will be tasked with enforcing PPL.

Examples of PPL:

1. Going on missions to track down and capture/kill rogue supernatural/unearthly threats, preventing the public from knowing about them ect.
2. Negotiating with appeasing some of these beings (especially those who could wipe out humanity), testing equipment and performing experiments in order to improve our defences for the seemingly inevitable apocalypse.
3. Keeping a record of all registered creatures, ensuring they find their place in society, making sure they don't do anything to expose themselves or sending them somewhere else (back to their own dimension or to another country).

Vampires, Werewolves, Mummies, Fey, Merpeople, Devils, extra-dimensional beings we can't even begin to comprehend, ect. They all exist in one manner or another. Some of them can be negotiated with (see Preparation or Location) but overall the first P comes first as you will be expected to put the protection of the United Kingdom before your own mortality.

Just to make things easier to manage, and given the nature of the RP (battling these threats as well as bureaucracy) I will be putting a cap on how many players can join, however you will be able to sign up as more than one character and even play as a registered supernatural/unearthly being. I will add details about them via the lore page as well as which ones can be played or not.

So... America has the Men in Black to deal with aliens. Britain has The Albert Branch to deal with the supernatural. Hm.

xD. So, from what I'm gathering, you're gonna try to keep this as close to realism and folklore as possible? No branching off into fantasy/anime conceptions? (You know.... Lord of the Rings? Rosario x Vampire?)

Oh, and Emad. I will huggle you.
Just because I like numbers. :P

So... America has the Men in Black to deal with aliens. Britain has The Albert Branch to deal with the supernatural. Hm.

xD. So, from what I'm gathering, you're gonna try to keep this as close to realism and folklore as possible? No branching off into fantasy/anime conceptions? (You know.... Lord of the Rings? Rosario x Vampire?)

Oh, and Emad. I will huggle you.
Just because I like numbers. :P

There's going to be some fantasy yes, but more so in the creatures the Albert Branch has to deal with. There are Fey involved, for instance and a few other fantasy races but it's less swords and sorcery or anime inspired and more as you said close to realism.
It's more a shadow war/organisation than you guys trying to stop say a dragon from burning down half of Belfast or an invasion of Orcs from sacking Bangor. The hostile creatures lurk in the shadows and you lot have to make sure it stays that way as you deal with them.

Funny you should mention America given other countries in this world do have their own organisations to deal with supernatural beings and potential threats. Who knows, you might end up working alongside another secret agency at some stage.
But that would be telling. ;)

This blew up pretty quick so I'm going to start working on expanding the lore and I should have things up and running within the week as I have a few days off and all of the groups I normally go to are off for Easter.

This sounds like exactly my cup of tea. I realize that this isn't finalized yet but would you be open to receiving a mock character bio? Just to really cement my interest :)

This sounds like exactly my cup of tea. I realize that this isn't finalized yet but would you be open to receiving a mock character bio? Just to really cement my interest :)

Just send me a PM of what you've got so far and sure you can tweak it a bit if needed once I get the official character sheets up.

Now open for sign-ups.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood . D O V E . D O V E Remembrance Remembrance Feywild Feywild darkborn darkborn LindsMagee LindsMagee Sylvio Sylvio Foster Foster Raven14 Raven14 GhastlySquash GhastlySquash BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

Last edited:
I have work in the morning but when I get back I'll go over any character sign-ups, as well as finish Vera.
Feel free to ask me any questions either here or in the OOC and I'll answer them tomorrow.

Ahhhh I love all the lore in this! I would def be interested in, tho I’ll need to think on character concepts and review what’s already been posted to see what sort of roles might be needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back