Experiences the age thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxrlyxo

you are my life now
as a minor in the RP world, i've had my fair share of good and bad experiences when it comes to the age thing. i will always be respectful of everyone's comfort, and never force anyone who does not want to interact with minors to do so. most of the time, people will kindly respond to a message asking about such thing with a, "sorry, no!" and more often than not wish me well on finding a partner within my age range/one that works for me. and that's awesome. i know that adults want nothing more than for us minors to be safe and still be able to enjoy things like RPing, but like i said, i've had both good and bad experiences, even some with fellow minors. there always seems to be some sort of debate going on. but what i love about this site in the two days that i've been on is the fact that, even if adults don't feel comfortable interacting with minors, they're so nice and respectful about it, and that makes for a good experience. sure, that person may not be a partner for you, but a kind response makes you feel as if you are welcomed anyway.

one of the sort of bad experiences i had was back in 2017. from what i remember, i had gotten back into RPing within the last 9 months or so, maybe more, maybe less. i was 14 at the time and the other person was also a minor, 16, i think. i'm sure i have the screenshots somewhere, but i just remember being scolded and told that i was 'too young' or something. i'm always honest about my age, and looking back maybe the content i was asking for wasn't suitable (again, i don't really remember much), but either way, the response i got was so aggressive, and it doesn't have to be. it stuck with me for a while. whether you're a minor or an adult looking out for someone on the internet, you need to handle it appropriately. understand that maybe they might be learning the ways of the internet (though i was not new to the internet at that point). don't scold them like you're their parent - instead, guide them. help them.

i don't know. what do you guys think? what experiences have you had? what's your stance? i'm curious to hear.

I don’t care about age (I think there was many two or three years in my early twenties when I asked for fellow college kids but it was a short window).

Honestly most of the sites I have been on it wasn’t super big deal. People didn’t really ask for age so there was never really an issue. If anything they were way more snobby about your post length than anything else.

This site is actually the first time I ever had people really request specific age range. I started in my late twenties so I haven’t really had someone say I am too young. Had a few partners who say I was too old but they were usually super nice about it.

Personally I don’t ask for ages so unless my partner mentions it.

you're never too old! if you enjoy something, you should do it!

i do a lot of my searching via Tumblr, and it's started to die out a little (either that or the majority of those advertising these days are 18+), but from what i can see age is kind of a big thing there. which is understandable. everyone just wants to be safe and comfortable, and the RP tags on there (especially ones related to Kik) can kinda be infested with.....ya know...

but one thing i hate is like... you'll get into talking about the RP and then when a certain theme or topic or whatever comes up and age comes up, the person will not wanna interact or RP with you because of age and then you'll have done all that for nothing lmao. that's a reason why i always try to make age come up sooner rather than later in the conversation. it's become a habit of mine regardless of if the person cares or not.

This thread is locked. There is already an age-gate discussion in this thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back