• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Age of Inkopolis

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Morzone

The Known Stranger
Welcome to inkopolis, the great metropolis of inklings and (recently) octolings! news of attacks on the city have come up recently, along with rumors of a legendary "New squidbeak platoon." It's been about 2 weeks since then though. No one really knows who they are or where they came from, but they saved the city. Rumors say they're secretly among us, living day to day life playing turf war and ranked battles. Anyway it's been pretty safe around inkopolis for a while. The inklings and octolings get along fine, and there's a splatfest coming up! All and all things are great! Or so they seems... A new threat is approaching inkopolis. Can the agents protect inkopolis again? Can they do it without revealing their agent identities to their friends? Will they be able to do it alone or will more agents be needed? Let's take a trip down an ink covered lane..

The agents of the new squidbeak platoon, now all returned home to inkopolis, have to try and fit in with normal society once again while still continuing their agent work in secret. Some may struggle with the changes, others may fit in fine. but theirs isn't the only story. Octolings continue to come up to the surface, splitting the octarian empire between those awakened by the inkantation and those still loyal to octavio. With the addition of new X rank levels to the turf war system, top squids are bustling to be labelled the top of the top. grizz co. is expanding and sending squids and octos farther and farther into salmon territory in search of eggs. And the sanitized octolings under the defeated tartar's rule may not be as gone as they seem.

Current stages:
Turf War
- starfish main-stage - Snapper canal
Ranked - Tower control - inkblot art academy - Port Mackerel
League - Clam Blitz - Blackbelly Skatepark - Manta Maria​

Last edited:
'BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-' Aiden's hand shot out, smashing down on the alarm clocks 'cancel' button to end its infernal raging. He groggily sat up, hand smoothing his tentacles. 'Time for yet another 5 hours of Turf Wars.' he thought, grimacing at the thought of doing the same routine again. He got out of bed, ate breakfast (If you love food you must know how to cook), and, after taking a long, hot shower, he looked in the mirror. His tentacles were drooping from his lack of sleep, he had bags under his eyes, and his eyes oh his eyes. It was what he hated most about himself, they made him always look dead inside. Aiden looked away, and continued to get ready. After he put on stealth goggles to hide his eyes, he walked out the door and headed to the Turf War lobby, whistling the tune that always seemed to get stuck in his head when something bad was about to happen.

Although it was early, Waverly was already awake. He wasn’t quite used to how bright Inkopolis was yet, and had a tendency to wake early due to that. Not that he minded- it was far better than his previous home. He loved it here, and he’d never go back there for anything. He decided to head to the Turf War lobby, reasoning that it should help him get into the culture of Inkopolis.

Cira had just woken up and already the day seemed different. Or well it was. She had been planning on visiting all her friends back home. Cira for a bit fretted over what to wear. It was a trivial problem, but at the same time, was it. Probably was, but Cira wasn't going to get caught as a octarian secret agent plotting the downfall of Inkopolis because she was wearing suspicious clothes. And then there was the other possibility if someone realizes that her glasses are real, not the ones inkling's wear to look 'fresh'. It was probably useless worry, but in the end Cira decided on her casual gear, but her Kensa Glooga Dualies instead of the Bloblobber she'd been using recently. Cira headed for the manhole that leads to octo canyon, trying her very best to sneak her way their as she did.

Aiden stepped out into Inkopolis Square, breathing in the fresh air and generally being exhausted and depressed. So what if he cried himself to sleep last night and many other nights? He's fine...

No he's not. He shouldn't lie to himself.

Aiden strode towards Ammo Knights, glancing briefly at an octoling that was sneaking towards a manhole, and retrieved his newly repaired Enperry Splat Dualies. 'Good to have these back.' he thought as he spun one on his finger. He waved goodbye to Sheldon and left, arriving at his final destination, the Turf War lobby. He signed up for the next match, and sat down, getting on his phone to wait for others without teams to come.

Jason Miles
Salmon Run Lobby
Affected RP'ers: N/a

Jason rubbed at his eyes, trying to spell away the haze of tiredness that hung over him. He hadn't been able to sleep, and had decided to put some work in rather than toss around in his bed for hours with an agitated mind. Doing turf wars had been out of the question, fighting other squids and octolings stressed him out too much. The salmonoids didn't bother him so much, and the extra money he was earning meant he could keep affording his apartment at flounder heights.

Unfortunately, Grizz Co. regularly closed at various times so Grizz could do what ever he does with the eggs that get collected. Jason didn't really care what happened to the eggs, but he wished he could have kept working. Partly because he'd been promoting his position fairly rapidly and would have liked another pay raise, but mainly he wanted something to keep his mind busy. He didn't like being alone with his thoughts, they'd been very poor company as of late. Still, it was what he had at the moment, sitting on the steps outside the entrance to Grizz Co. looking out over Inkopolis Square.

Olivia Hellest
Turf War Lobby
Affected rp'ers: Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe

Olivia hands rose, her fingers laced, high into the sky as she stretched in the early morning light. Repressing a yawn, she looked around Inkopolis square. She'd arrived early to play with some inklings she'd made friends with recently, but wasn't in too much of a rush to get up to the tower lobby. The square was its usual buzz of energy, even in the early morning. Inklings and octolings sat around eating food and talking. Other went in and out of the shops, buying clothes and checking out new weapons. If she listened carefully, Olivia could just make out Sheldon excitedly rambling on about his wares. Grizz co. seemed to have just closed, there were an inkling or two sitting outside its closed gate but otherwise didn't seem too active.

Making her way up the square, Olivia headed into the Turf war lobby. She quite liked turf war. At first she hadn't been sure about it, worried that it would remind her too much of old training and fighting, but the environment was so different it hadn't proven a problem at all. When she relaxed and didn't worry too much, she could have a ton of fun.

After a quick stop at the sign-in desk, where she put her name down for the next turf war, the octoling looked around for anyone she knew. In a moment she spotted Aiden sitting and waiting. He seemed pretty engrossed in his phone, so it wasn't too difficult to sneak up beside him quietly and poke him in the side of the head. "Hi Aiden!" She said, laughing slightly.

As Aiden read on his phone, his eyes under his stealth goggles moving swiftly from line to line, he was unaware of someone sneaking up on him. Right up until he got poked in the head, that is. "Hi Aiden!" he heard the figure say as he looked up, slightly in annoyance. "Hey Olivia." Aiden sighed. Olivia was an octoling he had just met about two week ago, and she seemed very friendly. He had let her come in to his apartment during the rain, otherwise it would dissolve her, being freshwater. It was a law, after all. They became antiquated, and had ran into each other several other times. "I'm assuming your here for turf war, so you want to team up for now?" he asked.

Last edited:
Jason Miles
Inkopolis Square
Affected RP'ers: GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205

A movement caught Jason's eye. As he'd been brooding, his gaze had been set on the path toward Octo Canyon, and the sight of an octoling heading back through it made him take notice. Perhaps it was because he'd been thinking about the past two years, maybe something he hadn't immediately noticed set off a red flag, or maybe it was just habit for him at this point to be suspicious, but Jason stood up and started off down the same path himself. Keeping his distance so he wouldn't be noticed, Jason followed the octoling down the path they took. Why did it feel strange to see an octoling heading back toward Octo canyon? The only thing he could think of was merely that he'd never seen it before and as such couldn't imagine why an octoling would want to return underground. he only had his N-zap 89 on him at the moment, a far cry from his Agent uniform and hero shot, both optimized for dangerous situations, but it would have to do for now. He'd keep it safe just watch, his eyes trained hard on the distant figure of the octoling.

Olivia Hellest
Turf War Lobby
Affected Rp'ers: Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe

"Sure! Hope i don't hold you back too much, I haven't been at this very long." Olivia responded, smiling brightly. The octoling readjusted her position and plopped her down to sit next to Aiden as they waited. For a moment she stared around the lobby, looking over all the other tired but happy faces of the early morning turf war players. After a bit she looked back toward Aiden. "Do you always come here this early?" She asked, curious about how much he played.

Cira as she walked had kept looking back making sure no one was following her. The thing was, after a few glances she realized their might be. It was just a hunch, she kept seeing a inkling with the same hair, clothing and weapon far behind her every so often. There was no blatant proof he was following her and no proof against it either. With the simple possibility of an agent or someone else following behind her Cira found herself walking faster ever so slightly, until she made it to the manhole, squiding (octoing?) in without a moments notice. Once she popped out on the other side Cira immediately shook up a Fizzy Bomb, throwing it at the ground. She hid in the ink from the explosion, waiting to see if someone was following her.

Morzone Morzone

Last edited:
Mostly spacing out, Aiden was bleakly listening to the noise of the small group of people in the turf war lobby, when he heard Olivia say something and focused just fast enough to catch her last few words. When he realized what she asked, he almost barked out a laugh. He wanted to tell her, to scream out his frustrations about how depressed he was because of his damn daily schedule repeating, but there were no other options on how to make money, about how turf wars were draining his life. Instead, to not scare her away, he said, "Yeah, I do usually come here this early. My schedule is literally: wake up, play turf war for 5 hours or longer, and then free time until I go to bed."

A bell rung nearby 3 times. "Looks like we're up!" Aiden exclaimed, standing up and offering a hand to Olivia. "Let's go kick their ass, 'cause I need the money."

Jason Miles
Octo Canyon Entrance
Affected Rp'er: GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205

The trip to the entrance of Octo Canyon as uneventful. Apart from the occasional over the shoulder look, Jason's quarry didn't seem to be worried about being followed. Had they noticed him? If they had they certainly were keeping their cool. He gripped his N-zap tighter, thinking hard. Still, nothing meaningful happened until they reached the grate at the entrance of Oct-canyon. As his quarry slipped through, the unmistakable sound of an ink explosion sounded just outside the grate. So they had known they were being followed, or had a hunch and weren't taking chances. What had that explosion been about? Perhaps a warning not to continue? Perhaps they were going to use the ink from the explosion to hide and lose him. The bomb they'd used must have been one of the newer ones, he'd long ago memorized the sound of the original bombs: splat, suction, burst, and seeker, but hadn't been around the new turf war games to tell the new sub weapons apart. If he didn't recognize the sound it meant it was a new version, though that would be the extent of his knowledge. Either way, he knew how to deal with this. Jason had been around the block enough to know not to go rushing through a doorway where a wary enemy lay in wait.

Quietly sneaking up close to the grate in squid form, he slipped a single tentacle through the grate. In the quick second it was out, he tossed an auto bomb onto the ground. His tentacle vanishing back through the grate, Jason watched the auto bomb carefully. If his quarry was still nearby, lying in wait, the bomb's pinging radar would surely pick them up and show Jason exactly which direction they were hiding in.

Olivia Hellest
Turf war Lobby -> Snapper Canal
Affected RP'ers: Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe

For the briefest moment Olivia looked Aiden over, as if considering something about him. But A smile blossomed easily and she accepted Aiden's hand to help her to her feet. "One ass kicking, coming up!" she giggled, leading the way over to the teleporter. After a quick pause to make sure all their gear was in proper order, the transport powered up and the 8 inklings and octolings were transported to their starting spawns in the arena.

Opening her eyes, Olivia had a habit of keeping them closed during transport, she found they were standing in the back corner of Snapper canal. She remembered this stage to be fairly small compared to some of the others, though she was still learning the different arenas. The octoling glanced sideways. Good, Aiden and her had ended up on the same team after all. "Light blue then?" She noted, looking at the newly colored tentacles of her teammates.

Aiden nodded. "Light blue." His heart was pounding, his other side beginning to show. He was leaned down, ready to burst off at a moments notice. He spun one of his dualies.

The bell rung.

Aiden dashed off, spraying sky blue ink everywhere. "Come on!" He shouted to Olivia, not looking back to see if she followed. He ran out of ink and dove into some ink, just as a blaster shot from an enemy player exploded where he was just a second ago. He swam around him, weaving around blaster shots, and threw a curler at him then splatted him. "Hmph. Serves you right." After he covered the ink back up, he dashed off and chased after another enemy he spotted. He recieved a notification his special was ready. Aiden jumped and activated his special in midair, gaining a ink jetpack and two blasters. He flew around, blasting everything and everyone in sight.

At the first sight of the autobomb Cira swam away as fast as cephalopodly possible. She managed to get far enough away to not get splatted, but got caught by the splash of the explosion. Cira turned back into her kid form and turned towards the grate. Okay there was definitely someone following her. And it was probably an agent. Greeeeaaaaat.

"We both obviously know each other are here and armed, so could we just talk... I'd rather not splat someone. Not this early in the morning at least." Cira sighed, very very very very very much hoping that she wasn't just going to get splatted in a moment.

Morzone Morzone

Last edited:
Jason Miles
Octo Canyon Entrance
Affected Rp'ers: GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205

Jason's eyes followed the little robotic bomb as its ping successfully found someone and walked out of his line of site. So they were still around after all. They were at a stand off now. He knew they were there, and he really doubted the explosion had splatted them, meaning they knew he was there too. He just needed something to break the stalemate. To Jason's surprise however, the octoling spoke first. After hearing her request, he sighed quietly to himself.

Leaning against the wall of the tunnel -he wasn't about to show himself in case it was a trap- Jason spoke up and out of the grate. "Fairly presumptuous of you to assume you'd be the one doing the splatting. But I don't mind just talking it out. Why don't you tell me who you are, and why you're going back to Octo Canyon so early in the morning."

Olivia Hellest
Turf War - Snaper Canal

Olivia quickly followed Aiden's example, rushing forward and covering as much ground as possible. Unfortunately for her, things did not go so well. After about 30 seconds of battle in which she spent her time avoiding the middle and covering as much as possible, she was ambushed by an enemy inkling wielding an ink brush. Their sudden appearance left her no option but to flee and hope she could get into a position where she could turn around and fight back. This position did not materialize. What did materialize was a ledge, and a drop into water. Olivia still hadn't gotten used to the water, they hadn't really had to deal with it back in the underground, and she often forgot to jump over the watery gaps in maps.

A few seconds after being dissolved in the water, the octoling respawned. She grumbled to herself, annoyed she was still making the same mistake, and set out again.

Both the fact that whoever had been following her was still hiding and that the line that she had completely anticipated (and maybe a bit dreaded) made Cira roll her eyes and give a sigh of her own. "Cira Lochana and I'm just visiting some of my old friends," She told Jason as she glared at the grate. "And what about you? What are you doing following me for what seems to be simply a trip back home?"

Jason Miles
octo Canyon entrance

Jason could practically hear the glare in her voice. She sounded honest enough, but he could see the loophole. "A pleasure to meet you, Cira. Myself, I'm just somebody who works to keep inkopolis safe. So you're visiting your friends, huh? You know, I've been watching this passage for couple of weeks now, and no one has ever wanted to return before, not even for a temporary visit. Your 'friends' who've decided to stay in octo canyon, I wonder what kind of business you have with them?"

"Oh yeah, decided to stay," Cira scoffed. Was it really so suspicious she might be visiting friends in Octo Canyon? Sure she just happened to be plotting if not against Inkopolis, definitely against the Squidbeak Splatoon, but she definitely had innocent reasons to visit too. "It's totally not like there are some octarians who just maybe aren't exactly welcome in Inkopolis even if ones like me are."

Morzone Morzone

The turf war went on for several more minutes. The bell rung and it was declared Aiden and Olivia's team won.

While they were heading back, Aiden was thinking, 'I need a break from this. I have money saved up, I should be fine if I take a break for one day.' He looked around the inklings and octolings in the lobby talking, waiting, just doing whatever suits them. 'But what to do...' Aiden turned to Olivia and told her, "I think I'm going to take a break from turf wars today and find something else to do. If you want, you can come with me, but you don't have to." With that, Aiden turned and walked out of the lobby, wandering until something caught his eye.

Last edited:
Jason Miles
Entrance to Octo Canyon

Jason initially opened his mouth to make a retort, when a thought struck him and he paused. When he thought about it, the only octolings he'd ever seen come to inkopolis were the humanoid ones. Those little octarians, the ones that rode on those scooters or wore those helicopter hats, he'd never seen any of them come up to the surface. Did they think they weren't welcome? Jason couldn't imagine they'd be treated poorly. It wouldn't really be that different than hanging around with the Jellyfish, most likely. They might not have realized that below ground, and if that were true than stopping people who had experienced it from going back to octo canyon would only add to the problem.

Realizing his silent pause had stretched out for several moments, Jason made a start. "I can promise you that as long as there's no malicious intent, anyone is welcome in Inkopolis. You can tell your friends that, let them know that there isn't anything to fear from coming up to the surface." The inkling stood up from the wall he'd been leaning against and stretched as best her could in the tight space. "I'll keep an eye out for your return. Hopefully you won't hear from me again."

Olivia Hellest
Turf War -> Inkopolis Square

Olivia followed Aiden out of the turf war lobby, smiling after their victory. She figured she might as well keep hanging out with Aiden rather than go look for something else to do. The guy looked like he needed something to distract himself with anyway. The octoling tugged on her friend's arm and pointed over at the Squid Beatz 2 Dance arcade machine. "Why don't we try that for a bit? Its open now. Before its always been busy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back