• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Age of Inkopolis - OOC - (always accepting new people)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Morzone

The Known Stranger
Welcome to inkopolis, the great metropolis of inklings and (recently) octolings! news of attacks on the city have come up recently, along with rumors of a legendary "New squidbeak platoon." It's been about 2 weeks since then though. No one really knows who they are or where they came from, but they saved the city. Rumors say they're secretly among us, living day to day life playing turf war and ranked battles. Anyway it's been pretty safe around inkopolis for a while. The inklings and octolings get along fine, and there's a splatfest coming up! All and all things are great! Or so they seems... A new threat is approaching inkopolis. Can the agents protect inkopolis again? Can they do it without revealing their agent identities to their friends? Will they be able to do it alone or will more agents be needed? Let's take a trip down an ink covered lane..

The agents of the new squidbeak platoon, now all returned home to inkopolis, have to try and fit in with normal society once again while still continuing their agent work in secret. Some may struggle with the changes, others may fit in fine. but theirs isn't the only story. Octolings continue to come up to the surface, splitting the octarian empire between those awakened by the inkantation and those still loyal to octavio. With the addition of new X rank levels to the turf war system, top squids are bustling to be labelled the top of the top. grizz co. is expanding and sending squids and octos farther and farther into salmon territory in search of eggs. And the sanitized octolings under the defeated tartar's rule may not be as gone as they seem.

- Note that when the agents are fighting in the field, it is a splat or be splatted situation. Depending on the situation and location you may or may not have (limited) respawn available and enemies you splat are essentially killed, or "permanently splatted." Getting splatted in inkopolis will auto-respawn you in public respawn points, these are unlimited though you might get in trouble for fighting outside turf wars.

Here's a useful link to the Splatoon wiki: Inkipedia

The OOC is open for any idle chat between RP members :)

I don't think Sea dragons exist in the Splatoon world. At least, not in the same way Inklings and Octolings do.

What did you have in mind for your character?
Every aquatic species seems to be a sapient race in splatoon to some degree.

Every aquatic species seems to be a sapient race in splatoon to some degree.

That's True, but not every species evolved with the same capabilities. The Jellyfish for instance, don't play turf wars because they don't have the same ability to produce Ink. That's why I asked what you had in mind for your character, since there isn't one actually seen in the splatoon games. what kinds of attributes does the species have?

That's True, but not every species evolved with the same capabilities. The Jellyfish for instance, don't play turf wars because they don't have the same ability to produce Ink. That's why I asked what you had in mind for your character, since there isn't one actually seen in the splatoon games. what kinds of attributes does the species have?
They can change colors in real life, so I figured it would make sense for one in-universe to be able to participate in turf war.

And the idea of turf war being cephalopods only just doesn't make much sense if you think about it long enough.

The ability to create ink is more the central concern, since its not created through any mechanical means. Anyway, these are the essentials in terms of info I need:

Can they produce their own ink? (or something close enough to be substituted)
Can they change form?
How do these evolved species compare to the sea creature they're based off of? (In terms of appearance)
Can they swim in water without getting splatted?

I'm gonna say that he can do all of the stuff inklings can to keep it simple. Including dissolution on contact with water.

Morzone Morzone About the water, how are we doing it? Do they just have a natural aversion to it and can't swim, so they would have to submerge slowly to be in it? Or do they literally dissolve in water? Remember, how are they taking showers and such?

I'm gonna say that he can do all of the stuff inklings can to keep it simple. Including dissolution on contact with water.

In that case go for it. I don't know if you're an artist or not, but if possible try to provide a good description of what they look like.

Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe Water is kind of like Fire. In small amounts you'll get minor burns that are more just a bother than anything else, in large amount is very damaging (And yes, they would dissolve). For everyday usage, what humans would use water for (Like showers) will generally be replaced by ink. We'll also assume, for simplicity, that you don't need to drink water to survive.

Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe Water is kind of like Fire. In small amounts you'll get minor burns that are more just a bother than anything else, in large amount is very damaging (And yes, they would dissolve). For everyday usage, what humans would use water for (Like showers) will generally be replaced by ink. We'll also assume, for simplicity, that you don't need to drink water to survive.
Or we could say that they can swim in certain kinds of water. I mean, there was the water slide splatfest from the first game, inkings drink juice, and precipitation isn't a natural disaster.

Or we could say that they can swim in certain kinds of water. I mean, there was the water slide splatfest from the first game, inkings drink juice, and precipitation isn't a natural disaster.

That is true. It probably aligns more along the lines of salt-water vs fresh water. A lot of Marine life (like squids) can't tolerate fresh water. The Lore suggests that Human society ended due to the rising Oceans (among other things) so its possible that the oceans became increasingly de-salted as Fresh water was added to it (Melting Ice caps, etc.) pushing marine life to evolve into land based animals to survive. In Modern Inkling society they can create water that emulates saltwater and is therefore safe to be in, which could then be used in showers, pools, etc.

There are of course fresh-water pools as well, for creatures like Jellyfish that needed freshwater and not saltwater. Turf wars war played in fresh-water locations to make sure the game stays on the ground.

I'll start working on my character tonight. It's a Octoling Boy yada yada.

Sorry for not being much activity recently, been busy with some issues but it'll surely take my time to get started with this.

I was wondering if I could join?

I know it says always open, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back