The Adventurer's Guild

Hearing the news that the boar Vita planned to give a burial to was instead going to be the nights dinner Chimer knew that it would likely be what pushed the distraught elven healer into tears even with the attempt to explain that at least it's body wasn't going to waste or that it was an invasive species.

Watching Vita run off crying the Kenku bard couldn't help but feel partially responsible. If only he had acted quicker and not hesitated he could have been out there to help stop the horde and maybe things could have been different. But what is done is done and Chimer respected Vita's request for some time alone. Maybe he could take a song request from her later on when she returned so she could listen to music that could cheer her up.

Then the dark elf gave his opinion on the whole situation.

Turning to face Mavndrus, Chimer looked clearly annoyed at the man. “What is wrong with you?” He asked confused how someone could be so apathetic. “I just hope you enjoy your dinner, because it came at the cost of being the reason a guild member ran off in tears and making yourself look even more full of yourself than Milby” he ranted before leaving to the training grounds as to not let the dark elf reply.

Last edited:
[class=bg] padding: 50px 0; width: 100%; background-image: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nxxh8as88lz0nrx/00.Lines.png'); background-color: #f6f6f6; font-size: initial; [/class] [class=right] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0 auto; padding: 50px; width: 100%; max-width: 800px; background: #ffffff; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; [/class] [class=basicimagewrap] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 350px; [/class] [class=focuswrap2] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 350px; [/class] [class=leftfocus2] float: left; display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: space-between; margin-left: 1px; width: 50px; height: 350px; [/class] [class=rightfocus2] float: right; display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: space-between; margin-right: 1px; width: 50px; height: 350px; [/class] [class=focuscolumn2] width: 50px; height: 50px; [/class] [class=basicimage] display: inline-block; margin: 25px; width: calc(100% - 50px); height: 300px; background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bmevy4ahppxap83/Khiriel04.jpg') no-repeat center; background-size: 900px 300px; opacity: .8; [/class] [class=header] width: 100%; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; font-weight: bold; text-transform: lowercase; font-variant-caps: normal; font-size: 2.0em; line-height: 80%; color: #444444; text-align: center; [/class] [class=subheader] margin-top: 4px; width: 100%; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 0.7em; line-height: 80%; color: #999999; text-align: center; [/class] [class=box] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 50px; padding: 25px 20px; width: 100%; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: .9em; line-height: 125%; color: #444444; text-align: justify; [/class] [div class=bg] [div class=right] [div class=contentwrap] [div class=basicimagewrap] [div class=focuswrap2] [div class=leftfocus2] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [/div] [div class=rightfocus2] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=basicimage] [/div] [/div]
[div class=header] khiriel;
[div class=subheader] human × magic marksman × iron rank [/div] [/div] [div class=basicsR] [div class=box] The dirt path remained tranquil with the occasional whistle of a light breeze, and the sun above showered the earth with a gentle warmth. Anyone could wholeheartedly agree that the weather was just right and the day, beautiful. However, even the mellifluous chattering of birds did little to encourage a certain marksman to admire the gifts that nature had graced the day with.

“The leftover funds amount to...urk.” Khiriel’s ramblings littered the surrounding atmosphere with a negative aura. His most recent trip had been to the next three towns over as to pick up the repair parts for his gun. Without a doubt, he could have left the order with Oleda, but it simply felt distasteful to pile more work on the already overworked guild clerk. As someone who had been subjected to similar exasperating treatment in the past (courtesy of Elise), he somehow sympathized with the lass.

That said, it wasn’t the journey had that bothered him. Not in the least (besides he had had other business to attend to in that town as well). Rather, it was the cost of materials that had left his finances staggering. Though the construction of the gun was fair enough for Khiriel to have designed it himself, the materials were rather costly as a result of requiring certain extra durable alloys that were a bit difficult to come by. He was still far from dipping into the red, but if he didn’t manage his budget carefully for the next month, it was going to be difficult for him to avoid withdrawing funds from the money he had set aside for gathering intel on that incident.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), his arrival at the guild’s doorstep promptly pulled his thoughts away from his budgeting issues.

First came an elf(?) who stormed out the door. Soon after, a Kenku exited the guild halls in a similar fashion. Huh, strange. He hadn’t recalled seeing either of their faces in these parts before. Could they have been new potential recruits? But what had set them off?

Though he had opened the door with caution, the thick tension in the air and the questionable smell of roasted meat stopped him in his tracks regardless. An awkward five seconds followed as Khiriel attempted to process the information with a blank expression.

Now...would probably not be good timing to make light of the situation with a joke.

Spotting the most reliable recounter of whatever had just happened, Khiriel made his way towards the witch in question in a placid fashion that ignored the odd tension.

“Good morning, Miss Oleda,” he greeted. “Would I be better off not prying into whatever just occurred?” He half-expected an explanation, but if the guild clerk waved it off, then it was likely better off to keep his nose out of it. It wasn’t as if he were particularly curious, anyway. Wait. But wasn’t there something else?

“Ah,” he said, “that’s right. Have there been multiple new recruits these past few days? I feel that the number of unfamiliar faces have multiplied.” The thought triggered a playful smile from the man. More members often meant more stress for certain individuals, but it was always fun to meet new people. They were typically the easiest to (subtly) poke fun at. [/div] [/div] [/div]
#oleda kalyre
[/div] [/div]

Mavndrus Favehari
There was no pity in Mavndrus eyes has another member scolded the prince for his actions, he guessed he was a friend of the elf as he was very defensive while speaking to Mavndrus "Watch your tone bird." he said to Chimer as he walked.

Now that things had settled down and people started to make there way out of the lobby to other areas of the guild hall, Mavndrus wasn't in such a rush to leave anymore. He found a table a good distance away from where he previously stood crossing his legs as he sat down. He sighed heavily brushing is hair back and intertwining his arms across his chest. Everyday he debated more and more his decision on joining this guild, it has only brought him stress and irritation, besides the usual fun he gets from quest. Being a prince he had the right to be full of himself, He was a step above majority of the people who walked through the guild doors hoping for money and adventure. The guild itself should've been ecstatic when he offered to join knowing there fame would rise having Mavndrus in the ranks. These thoughts crossed through Mavndrus mind as they usually did, each giving him an excuse to act the way he does. Mavndrus slightly titled his head up as someone else entered the guild, at first he thought it would be another new annoyance coming to join the guild but as the human got closer he realized it was someone he'd seen before, a fellow iron rank, but still no one of interest so he went back into his own mind replaying the events that just unfolded.

elfvita_by_mad__machine-dciva9k.png

[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]

[class=tabsv] background-color: #344040; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 20px auto; width: 60%; min-width: 350px; line-height: 1; border-radius: 5px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=tabv] display: inline-block; width: 20%; font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px; color: #FFF; border-radius: 5px; padding: 10px 0; transition: 0.2s; [/class] [div class=tabsv style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabv]'Vita'
Pulchra
[/div][div class=tabv]Elven
Healer
[/div][div class=tabv]Interactions:
Mavndrus
[/div][div class=tabv]Location:
Forest- Guild Hall
[/div] [/div]

Eventually, after singing the song a few times her vocals felt fried. As much as she enjoyed the little smiling faces looking up at her, she had to politely excuse herself and find a way back to the guild hall. It didn't seem much of a task now, her vision of most of the forest had returned now that her mental state was refined. Though, with the entire view clear to her she also felt a location that she should visit first. So, she began walking in that direction as the tiredness of the earlier actions set in.

Vita eventually arrived at the spot the initial boar was mercilessly slaughtered, the guild hall was far off but still in sight from here. Of course the guild-master would take any chance to have a feast, especially if it was just outside her dwelling. Even though a feast would benefit the reckless guild members it still hurt that poor creature, but there was one boar and an entire guild. As she was taught in her village, majority rules. Always. Her expression went sour once more as she looked at the spot where she had attempted to keep the corpse wrapped in her vines to keep it safe until she could return to it. The vines seemed to be removed overall from what she could tell.

She sighed as she bent over, maneuvering her hands around the area. A large flower grew from the initial spot, of different hues and shades, the size almost as large and great as the boar itself. She smiled to herself, even if the creature was violent it didn't mean it didn't deserve sympathy. Then she thought of the slaughterer. He was vile and cruel, but that didn't mean he wasn't worth her time. So that's when the decision was made, she was going to become the prince's [ probably first ] friend.

Vita silently came in the guild-hall, looking around for a moment. She then saw the dark elf, and she walked over with that small smile still plastered on her face. " Greetings again, your highness. I was wondering If I may sit with you? "

"Ah... a boar, was it?" Sen had heard about those boars. Somewhat easy to subdue by higher level adventurers, they were known to kill quite a few who underestimated them.

And the situation was over quickly, the elf coming back in reporting her leading away most of the horde.

And then... the one that was killed, the guildmaster went ahead and started to cook it.

When he healer went outside and back in, looking as if she had just cried, Sen wanted to go over and ask what was wrong. And then he remembered that he was new here. He couldn't be too friendly with the other guild members to ask what was wrong with them! That's reserved for closer friends, right?

Though in his stories the heroes would often make friends quickly with others. That is not how it is in reality.

Nevermind that, he had to earn some money!

When he went back to ask Oleda for any quests he could do on his own for some money, he found her speaking to another man, one with a gun!

Now those were rare. Out of the many requests he had helped out his father with at the forge, gun parts definitely had been one of the lowest requests.

It looked as if she was busy, so he can bother her later. Ah, but the guildmaster said something about a quest board, did she not? Perhaps he'll take a look at that. Though, where was it...? Oh! There it is, off to the side!

And... it's sparse.

Perhaps Oleda has not gotten to it yet?

That's right! She is overworked after all. Luckily he has enough money for a few days' stay at an inn.

Well, he is not able to complete his first thing to do, so what was next? Ah, he'll talk a little with that monk-merchant. John, was it?

Spotting the man attempting to talk to another monk, Sen went over and greeted the monk. "Hey John, seems there's not many quests up right now. What did you want to talk about?"

Perhaps his travels? He'd love to hear about them! Or maybe a labor deal? He does need money, but he can wait a bit.

Name: Sen
Human Knight
Interactions: John

johndoe johndoe

"Ah! The young knight, I'd love to talk with you, I was just going to ask you if you'd like too partner up, my brain and your brawn would work very well together, and I feel I can teach you a lot of things about this world." John said "I figure we could head out and walk while talking, I'm bored of this place."

"This is excellent.' He thought "This boy and I can work well together and I will gain his trust."

Jaedin Jaedin

Mavndrus Favehari
Mavndrus rubbed his chin still in deep thought I should've killed more, my father told me to never play with my food its not the mannerism of a prince. Mavndrus scoffed as he thought about his father, even though he despised him his father did nurture him and raised him correctly, Cruel but loving. Sighing Mavndrus looked up phasing back into reality as someone approached his table. It was the elf... For goodness sake I thought I've already gotten rid of her what does want now. Mavndrus switched his leg placement as his left keg began to lose circulation from him having his legs crossed from that long.

"If you are here to persuade me once more that my deeds were wrong then no I had enough of your babble, But if you are here to ask for forgiveness or anything of the sort I will listen but you must stand you haven't earned the privilege to be seated at a table with me." Looking down at the table and chairs only moving his eyes downward, Mavndrus felt kind of foolish, they were of wooden material and not in the best condition either. If someone wanted to sit he had no jurisdiction to say they couldn't but usually he would just get up and move. Looking back up at her "Well what is it, get it over with I'm a busy man yah know." SoftSmile SoftSmile

Last edited:

[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]

[class=tabsv] background-color: #344040; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 20px auto; width: 60%; min-width: 350px; line-height: 1; border-radius: 5px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=tabv] display: inline-block; width: 20%; font-weight: bold; font-size: 18px; color: #FFF; border-radius: 5px; padding: 10px 0; transition: 0.2s; [/class] [div class=tabsv style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabv]'Vita'
Pulchra
Healer
Mavndrus
Guild Hall
[/div] [/div]

She gave him a sweet, innocent smile as he said he would listen -- Despite the fact she had to explain her intentions while standing. " Thank you, I very much appreciate it. I was wondering if perhaps you would like to go on a quest with me soon? I know how bad you must feel being a lowly iron when obviously your standing is much higher. " She was clearly buttering him up, but she didn't try to hide it or deceive him. " I thought perhaps since I am a healer, that if you were hypothetically to get a small injury I could immediately assist so you could always be in your top condition. "

She spoke more confidently the more she explained, even though her tone stayed in her usual soft and calm demeanor. " Would you accept my proposal, your highness? " After her initial speech, she stood there with that same naive closed smile that she always wore. She had her hands placed in front of her, holding them together much like the stature of a castle maid or other servant. She just had a servant vibe, maybe?

"Ah! The young knight, I'd love to talk with you, I was just going to ask you if you'd like too partner up, my brain and your brawn would work very well together, and I feel I can teach you a lot of things about this world." John said "I figure we could head out and walk while talking, I'm bored of this place."

"This is excellent.' He thought "This boy and I can work well together and I will gain his trust."
And there were his intentions, his interests. So he really was looking for cheap labor!

Sen didn't know what partnering up with another person entailed, but he just met the man!

Sen didn't think he was that strong either. And he did have brains! He worked on his magic for years! But he didn't let that drag him down. Sen tried to stay cheerful. His heart is forged of steel, after all!

But to partner up with someone he just met in return for him 'teaching' him... rubbed him the wrong way.

So with an apologetic expression, Sen clapped his hands together and said, "Sorry. I just met you and don't know how partnerships work. I'd like to talk to the other guild members here as well so I'll be staying here."

Perhaps he'll talk to that dragon!

Name: Sen
Human Knight
Interactions: John
johndoe johndoe

Mavndrus Favehari
Mavndrus stared at the girl looking her once over, taking in her posture and mannerism, Mavndrus thought to himself, Now this it more like it. She has obviously realized her wrong doing and wishes to make it up to me by pledging her allegiance to me, I love when things work out in my favor. Mavndrus fixes his hair and gives the elf a little smile "You have intrigued my interest,.. My rank in no manner mirrors my power, but if I must live with it now I shall make it work in my favor." He gestures to Vita to have a seat, now that they were talking business Mavndrus opened up a little more. "If I must work in teams, It would be favorable to have my own selection. A personal healer would be of course a priority."

He looked her over once again. She isnt the most skilled healer in the guild but she will suffice for now "Alright I shall accept your request, We can call this you repaying me for getting in my way earlier." SoftSmile SoftSmile

[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]

Pulchra
Healer
Mavndrus
Guild Hall
[/div] [/div]

" Thank you very much, sire. " She gave a slight curtsy of gratitude before sitting down beside him, with her back upright and proper -- It was normal for her, but she thought it would help her make a good impression, even though it wasn't the first one. " I am glad to hear you are interested, and of course rank will never symbolize your true power. " Of course, that was also a comment for Vita herself. After all, not all coppers can just causally deal with an entire horde of boars and come back without a scratch. Though that was a conversation to be had when they were better acquainted.

" Of course, I'd be glad to heal anyone of the guild, especially my newest ally. " She smiled sweetly again, making a small giggling noise as she referred to him as an ally. She didn't exactly like having enemies, though with her nature of course a few wrote her off as naive and weak. That made her a weak-link in most teams, but she was sure she could prove that she was as strong as any other class or race.

" I'm glad you accept. I hope to be working with you on many quests, I hope I can make them easier for you. " She added politely. She couldn't keep the large grin off her face, she looked very happy. Though, she tried to hide this by looking down at the table, letting stray hairs mask some of her expression.

‘Watch your tone bird’ was what he heard from the dark elf before he got too far from the man. Who did this guy think he was? He thought to himself before remembering Mavndrus had mentioned earlier his status as royalty of some place he had never heard of. While Chimer was not sure if the claim was true or not he did think it was a viable enough explanation for why the dark elf acted the way he did.

Approaching the spit roast in the center of the training grounds Chimer looked over the dead boar that was the catalyst for the argument that had transpired. “Well at least a dinner came out of all this...I suppose that's pretty good” he said to himself as the more cheerful mood around the training grounds washed over him. It was likely that he would bump heads again with the dark elf in the future if his warning to watch his tone was any indicator of what to expect when he questioned the mans attitude, but for now Chimer was determined to relax and just enjoy the food once it was done. Taking a seat on a log that was likely put in place as a makeshift bench Chimer spotted Vita returning to the guild hall from wherever it had been she ran off to. He hoped that she was feeling better and that things didn't escalate any further when she got in the hall.

"Any song requests?" he asked hoping to get an answer from one of the various guild members that were starting to gather around for dinner.

[class name=root] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; background-image: url(http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/1/2/0/1096291-large-hd-wallpapers-fantasy-1920x1080.jpg); background-color: rgb(218, 212, 218); background-blend-mode: multiply; overflow: hidden; --image-w: 739; --image-h: 1374; [/class] [class name=flex] width: 100%; height: auto; position: relative; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: start; [/class] [class name=image] height: 82vh; width: calc( var(--image-w)/var(--image-h) * 82vh); background-image: url(https://strangerwall.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/wpid-warrior_guy-wallpaper-9816717.jpg); background-size: contain; background-position: center bottom; [/class] [class name=name] height: 3.5vh; width: 100%; position: absolute; top: calc(82vh - 3.5vh + 1px); left: 0; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgb(76, 102, 138) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 30%, rgba(218, 212, 218, .5) 50%, #313253 50%); background-position: bottom; background-size: 100% 3.5vh; background-repeat: no-repeat; z-index: 5; [/class] [class name=nameinside] position: absolute; bottom: 0; right: 1vw; height: auto; max-width: 100%; z-index: 6; font-size: 13.25vh; font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: .77; padding-bottom: 3.5vh; text-align: right; color: transparent; background-clip: text; -webkit-background-clip: text; background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #13243f, #2b5291, #2e69c9, #5495ff); [/class] [class name=container] min-height: 500px; height: 65vh; min-width: 300px; position: relative; flex: 1; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: stretch; align-items: stretch; [/class] [class name=tabs] position: relative; margin-top: 5vmin; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: flex-end; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=tab] position: relative; margin-right: 1.5vw; font-size: calc(1em + 3vh); font-family: 'Cormorant Upright'; line-height: 1; cursor: pointer; color: white; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=selected] color: #5482ce; pointer-events: none; [/class] [class name=divide] width: 100%; height: 5px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: -10%; padding-left: 10%; background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(76, 102, 138, 0), rgb(76, 102, 138) 20%); [/class] [class name=contentholder] position: relative; margin: 0 15px; flex: 1; [/class] [class name=content] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; font-size: initial; [/class] [class name=scroll] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100%; padding-right: 250px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; font-family: 'Philosopher'; font-size: 1.1em; color: black; [/class] [script=tab] hide content show Post [/script] [script class=tab version=2 on=click] (removeClass "selected" "tab") (addClass "selected") (fadeOut 1000 "content") (fadeIn 1000 (getText)) [/script] [div class=root] [div class=name][div class=nameinside]Mavndrus Favehari[/div][/div] [div class=flex] [div class=image][/div] [div class=container] [div class=tabs] [div class="tab selected"]Post[/div][div class=tab]Extra[/div] [/div] [div class=divide][/div] [div class=contentholder] [div class="content Post"][div class=scroll] Mavndrus was happy with the outcome of the day, He managed to purge one of the boar as sort of an offering to the Guild master. Along with that he managed to even get an unlikely ally an elven healer with a light affinity, The girl wasn't exactly at his level but with some work she might turn into a very useful weapon. She could pick up the slack where Mavndrus lacked. She could heal when he needed if someone managed to get close and if needed use her light affinity to ward off things his dark affinity couldn't. An unlikely but smart paring he thought to himself . "Well since that is handled, The more the merrier, we shall create an unstoppable team within the guild and rank up as quick as possible." Mavndrus started to get excited, the idea of working with these peasants wasn't favorable for his reputation. But it did have its advantages, The guild master would see that he could possibly work with others giving him an upper hand and plus even though he was very powerful a few lowly warriors being meat shields wouldn't hurt when it comes to quest. Mavndrus smiled as his planned developed in his head. "We have a mage and a healer, Lets go collect the rest of our "team" shall we?" He shouted as he stood up abruptly slamming his hands on the table [/div][/div] [div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll][/div][/div][div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll] SoftSmile SoftSmile [/div][/div][div class="content Extra"][div class=scroll] [/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]

Pulchra
Healer
Mavndrus
Guild Hall
[/div] [/div]

Vita smiled graciously as she nodded in agreement about finding other team members. " Yes, I believe we should find some that aren't magic based to counter-act our shortcomings. " She politely suggested, hoping the dark elf would listen to her. She expected him to underestimate her, though she hoped he would listen to commonsense even though it came from the person who practically humiliated him with a single vine. Yes, even though it earned her a few moments of complete despair the look on his face that she didn't see was completely not worth it.

" I was actually hoping to speak with Cel about rising to an iron rank since I've been here for a week or so, I've completed three quests-- Though they were entertainment ones.. I suppose if I go on one that is combat based she'll let me? What do you think? " Vita then looked at Mavndrus with a concerned look. Of course she cared about where she laid in the guild, every one saw her as a weak-link rather than an asset at first just because of a stupid rank.

Eirzen spent the party standing still at a wall of the guild. She knew she should have probably been conversing however she didn't understand small talk. And so she stood there, still like a statue watching over the fellow adventurers enjoying the revelry. She stood vigilant towards any danger that could find its way into this party. Some may call it foolish, the unlikelihood of such an incident, however those some were the ones who fell prey to such incidents. And she was a construct, designed to keep vigil when mortals would fail at the task from such weaknesses as sleep.

Severynd Whinstek
Monk
Guild Hall
Interactions: Cel(?) Sylph Sylph

Severynd would step inside the guild hall, wearing black robes with a big smile on his face. He was awfully excited, this being his first time in the city. There was so much food, scents, sights, and people! And everyone wasn't wearing the same robes with bald heads! Severynd had even grown his hair out to a messy style, just to blend in a bit more. His eyes traveled around the guild hall as he walked deeper inside. His mind raced with the wonders that awaited him and the roles he would fill. To think this all existed while he stayed secluded in a temple with old men that told him to be calm all the time. The curious boy would even peer at guild mates awkwardly just so he could try to understand them more. His black robes didn't demand authority, but they definitely stood out. They had art of a golden dragon laying across the right sleeve, and firm wrappings beneath it to prevent any awkward gusts of wind. As Severynd looked around, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit. He had no idea what he was doing, how exciting! He loved the change in style, and wanted to join as quickly as he could, not knowing what he would do or when he would do it, but he knew he wouldn't disappoint!​

(((Very sorry, went camping and it turns out there was no connection that was promised so I couldn't keep up on my writing.)))

Severynd Whinstek
Monk
Guild Hall
Oleda Sylph Sylph

The monk immediately picked up several pieces of wood along with some scraps, holding them in his arms as he saw that the woman was cleaning.

"J-Join, guild?"

He smiled despite the steady look of neutrality that Oleda gave him. People seemed tense around here, something he wasn't used to. He saw himself as a constant state of peace. He hoped helping her clean would relieve a bit of tension between the two. His robes swayed lightly as he set the pile of rubble he had accumulated on a table and began collecting more. This wasn't about sucking up as much as it was his beliefs. Monks from his temple tended to believe in karma, and that made pretty friendly people. His gold eyes matched the dragon on his sleeve well. Once he set a few more things on the table, he cleaned his hand on his robe and bowed lightly.

"N-Name, Severynd Whinstek. And y-you?"

It may have seemed silly, but this was simply how he was adjusted to society. He treated the guild like the temple, and everyone was to be respected within its walls. He would straighten and place his hands in their opposite sleeves. His English could use improvement, but he got his messages through to who he was talking to. His eyes blinked rarely, but never seemed dry either.

Noir Reignheart

It's been at least two weeks since he last stepped inside the Guild Hall. Noir's eyes were unable to stay open after his long journey back. Leaving during the night messed with bedtime schedule and his body was exhausted; you see, the mage went on a hunting trip deep inside the woods. Noir wanted to take a brief hiatus from quests and have some alone time. With excessive hunting and magic training, Noir just wanted to hit the books, possibly a normal bed. He put aside his thoughts and focused on the guild itself. Did anything happen while he was gone? Any new recruits? Any rank promotions? He was just outside the guild doors and wondered about his reputation. Noir believed he hadn't done anything note-worthy for the guild. Maybe he was known for his tricks or intelligence?

He sighed. Noir often did things by himself, even if they were quests. Reluctance was the only thing that had him team up with other members on quests. It may seem like he wants to be a lone wolf on purpose, but that's false. In all honesty, Noir wanted some friends whom he would call family but he didn't have the outgoing personality. Shaking his thoughts off before he dwells any deeper, Noir opened the guild doors. A familiar face and a not-so-familiar face came into Noir's line of sight. The guild was a mess with trash spread throughout the floor and such. Could there have been a celebration while he was gone?

He looked at the human whom he could trust, Oleda, and the newcomer. "Good morning!..." He tiredly greeted as he yawned and stretched. "I'm back from my trip. What happened to the guild while I was gone?" The clerk seemed over worked so like the helpful chap he should be, Noir grabbed some rubbish and threw it out. In doing so, he glanced at the newcomer, his face wrapped in bandages was a unique feature. Who was the fellow? A noble or a rookie?

[class=container] cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; position: relative; transform: scaleY(-1); position: relative; [/class] [class=cover] background-image: url(https://img00.deviantart.net/8f7e/i/2007/264/6/0/half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; background-color: rgb(169,167,168); background-size: 500px 500px; bottom: 0; left: 0; position: absolute; right: 0; top: 0; transform: scaleY(-1); [/class] [class=content] height: 450px; transform: scaleY(-1); width: 100%; position: relative; [/class] [script class=content on=click] slideDown 800 cover [/script] [script class=cover on=click] slideUp 800 [/script] [div class=container] [div class=content]
half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png
"A good fight is always preffered, but I ain't no stranger to sitting down for a chat and tea"
Mentions: Angela_Diz Angela_Diz
Mood: Focused
[div class=cover]
[/div]

"Teach you?" he asked as he looked at her "I'm not sure your body is right for my combat style" he said thoughtfully as he continued to observe her "Strength isn't great enough and your defense isn't any better, you'd die if you fought like me...but...I can teach you some of the sword forms I know" he scratched his head before shaking it "But not tonight, tomorrow morning. Tonight, we enjoy our food and the stars above!" he laughed as he grabbed the finished meat from the fire.

The morning found him standing in the center of the training area, waiting for her to wake up. He had a much smaller knife as he whittled a practice sword similar to her current ones. It was more for her safety than his own. The fact that she'd been carrying around weapons without knowing how to use them was already a bothersome idea. She could easily cut herself more than her opponent.
[/div]

[/div]

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

--Chalcedony--

Chalcedony agreed with what Vas'on's words. She physically wasn't as strong as he, but she wouldn't let that get in her way. She had sworn to get stronger and she would. Even if it took her years.

The next morning she dressed in her kimono with her swords strapped to her sides. Her resolve unwavering as she made her way to the training area where Vas'on waited for her. She kept her head high as she walked, posture screaming confidence. Her gaze landed on Vas'on as he twirled a smaller knife around the air. "I'm here!" She called to him.

--Chane--

The day before Chalcedony's training, the spirit had called a few other spirits over to ask them to help in a few pranks. That next day Chane floated with the others, going over their conversation from the day before. The plan was simple, move a few objects around to confuse the living patrons. When one was alone send objects flying or skid around the room. Basically just scare them for the time being.

Chimer Steelfeather
After the previous nights festivities in which the Kenku bard had spent his time playing various songs and enjoying the food and drink, Chimer had gotten up somewhat early with a slight headache and a goal in mind to accomplish. During the celebration he had heard stories of the places and things some of the guild members had seen and done while taking up quests and had gotten the encouragement needed to finally decide to accept a quest. Though what quests were even available? To figure that out was why Chimer had decided to get up early in the morning. If there was a new job on the quest board he had heard about then he wanted to be one of the first to know about it.

Making his way into the guild hall Chimer looked over the mess from last night's celebrations that Oleda now had the unfortunate job of cleaning up after. "Hello Oleda. Sorry about the mess, once the ale and wine came out things started to get a bit uh... I guess 'wild' would be the best word to describe it. Though it seems these two were nice enough to lend you hand" he said looking at the two individuals he didn't quite recognize. Perhaps they were new or maybe they had just returned from a lengthy quest. "Has anything new been posted to the quest board?" he asked curiously trying not to deviate too far from the reason he had gotten up early.

Eirzen sat in the training area, watching as the mage came to be trained by Vas'on. She was here for two reasons. The first was to get out of the way of those cleaning, Eirzen had tried cleaning before but that ended with her breaking a table in half. She wasn't accustomed to having light touches. The second reason was to make sure Vas'on didn't kill the poor mage. In her right hand Eirzen supported her huge halberd as she watched from the sidelines.
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Angela_Diz Angela_Diz

Chimer Steelfeather

Grabbing the paper Chimer began to carefully read over the listed details. "So something is causing trouble with their water supply and everyone that has investigated it thus far hasn't returned..." he said somewhat to himself as he thought over his decision. Whatever it was sure didn't want to share the water or was just extremely territorial and something as simple as a bucket entering its domain was enough to set it off. "I think I can see why you may usually reserve something like this for the higher ranks, I mean who knows what may be down in that cave? ...But, I think with the right team I can get this done" he said before hesitation could kick in, the Kenku bard was determined to start fulfilling the reason he joined the guild. "So, do I just leave this scroll with you for now? Or should I hold onto it?" he asked not certain what he should do with the parchment while he asked those he had in mind if they wanted to form a party and go on the quest together.

Noir Reignheart
Noir grew drowsy by the minute even if he didn’t want to sleep. He sat on the nearest chair and quietly meditated. While he succeeded in doing so, his ears took notice of a new quest happening. A quest... already?! He thought, squinting his closed eyes in annoyance. Noir was irritated with himself as if he should partake in the quest at the cost of his sleep. He sighed. He slowly got up and stretched his body again. Oleda seemed to be talking to a new rookie with her tutorial advice and going over the quest. From what Noir heard, the quest was supposedly challenging; just how he liked it. The rookie, surprisingly a bird person, read the details of the quest on a paper and thought out loud about it. Noir believed he was determined to do the quest despite his looks of hesitation.

He walked over towards the front counter to get some info from the quest. "Ah... A quest." Noir yawned once again, he leaned on the counter and kindly spoke again. "I suppose you need assistance on this quest, rookie. It'll be smart if you brought someone experienced with you. Would you mind if I assist him and Mr. Bandages on this quest, Miss Oleda?" Noir kindly, yet tiredly, smiled. Noir felt like he would have great connections with the bird-man and the golden-eyed boy. He hoped he didn't seem like an arrogant person with the way he spoke or acted. Noir did want to change his lone wolf actions and at least try to team up with others.

"If you have any doubts... Uh" Noir brought out his iron guild coin in his belt pocket. "I believe this'll be of proof of experience." He anticipated any sort of doubts from anyone, so he prepared himself for anything. Noir signaled the man with bandages on his face to kindly come over. He ended things off by offering a handshake to the bird person, having a kind expression and faint blush on his face.

Last edited:
Severynd Whinstek
Guild Hall
Monk
Oleda, Chimer, Noir Sylph Sylph NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer RatKing RatKing

Severynd wouldn't lose his confident smile as he nodded to Oleda.

"I-I am ready for this t-trial when you are, m-miss."

He wasn't sure why the lady didn't give her name, but immediately concluded that she was too busy talking to three people at once while cleaning. He would continue to help as he awaited her to be available for his trial. Severynd would watch as she spoke to the others, cleaning swiftly and silently. He would look to the bird and stare, not meaning to be impolite. He just had never seen an anthropomorphic animal before. He had a feeling he'd be seeing more as well. He listened to him as he spoke about the quest and chuckled. A first quest for the bird! How inspiring. He seemed to have a strong mind between his ears that didn't let him back down from a fight, which was admirable. He then looked to the tired mage meditating in... a chair surrounded by clutter. It's not that it was foolish or anything, just... not what Severynd would meditate in. Severynd would slowly lift a table with a single arm when Noir approached the three of them, raising a brow as he was called Mr. Bandages.

"I-I'm afraid you are mistaken, f-friend. I-I am not even a guild member y-yet! As f-for the quest, I'd love to j-join, but I will leave that d-decision to the holder after my t-trial."

He didn't exactly dislike Noir, but thought it was rather rude to assume people were already going on a quest together, then proceed to nestle his way in. Not to add the nickname. But maybe that's just how things were outside the temple! He would have to get used to it, he supposed. He turned back to Oleda and awaited his turn for her trial. What it was he wasn't sure, but he would perform to the best of his ability. He had cleaned up all the mess he could see as well, but if she requested he do more, then that would be acceptable as well. In the temple, they used to clean for hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back