What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Adventurer's Guild

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
[div=
float:left;
margin: auto;
margin-left: 20px;
border-radius: 50%;
overflow:hidden;
background-color:#ffffff;
height:120px;
width:120px;
border: 3px solid #190F0A;]
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabsc]
background-color: #847465;
box-sizing: border-box;
margin: 20px auto;
width: 60%;
min-width: 350px;
line-height: 1;
border-radius: 5px;
text-align: center;
[/class]
[class=tabc]
display: inline-block;
width: 20%;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 18px;
color: #FFF;
padding: 10px 0;
transition: 0.2s;
[/class]

[div class=tabsc style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabc]Cel[br][/br]--[/div][div class=tabc]Human[br][/br]Guildmaster[/div][div class=tabc]Interactions:[br][/br]Chalcedony, Sen[/div][div class=tabc]Location:[br][/br]L[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]
The guildmaster nodded, eyes sharp as she examined the young man. The familiar voice of their resident monk drew her attention and she watched the exchange between them with thoughtful intensity. John's thoughts still unclear to her, though she was well aware something was going on behind that smile. The younger knight seemed unaware of alterior motive, and her eyes slid briefly shut at the thought of sending such hopeful earnestness into the dangerous world she resided.

Unexpected laughter followed a rather derisive snort. Cel blinked, raising a brow at the young woman who struggled, unsuccessfully, to contain her amusement. The apparition floating beside her looked his companion with surprise and perhaps a trace of awe. Cel quietly filed away the information. It made her aware, if nothing else, that there was a history behind the laugh. One that did not settle well with her.

The guildmaster exhaled, an irked huff as she shook her head. "I think you'll do just fine, Miss Chalcedony. Now Young Sen, I am unaware if you caught my previous explanation of the guild coins." She glanced to the side as another floated over to her palm. "But I expect you will soon be hearing about them at length, so do me a favour and take this while you still can." The small box pressed into the knight's grasp, a copper coin—engraved with the guild emblem—inside. "The same to you, Miss Chalcedony. You will need to run a sliver of magic through it in order to attune it to your soul. Best done quickly." Or else they might face more difficulty joining the guild. From across the hall she spied the accusatory eyes of her clerk, watching them flare at the sight of not one, but two copper coins in the grasp of strangers. And so it begins.

---Oleda Kalyre---
Interactions: Chalcedony, Sen, John, Vas'on
Her hand paused above the bubbling mixture, expression thoughtful as she listened to the growing revelry below. It had been a long time since she'd heard the guild so lively. New members arrived every now and then sure, and when the occasion arose they bonfire would light, the cellars would open and the off-key jaunteries would begin with the fading dusk. But the Adventurer's were long past their prime. Since the new dawn of guilds the need for relics of war faded. Along with it, the teachings of those like Cel.

It suited Oleda just fine. Magic had grown into a tool of practicality rather than weapon of combat. And though a permit was usually needed for those attempting magic craft, within the walls of the guild the kingdom wouldn't dare touch her.

Of course, the privilege came with issues of its own.

The back of the witch's neck tingled, years of experience attuning her to know just when the guildmaster was up to no good. A scowl shadowed her features in the flickering light. Blue torches cast the room in frosted cold, the fading sun obscuring behind various vines that choked the window. Waving her hand she snuffed out the deep red flame beneath the cauldron, replacing it with yet more blue to cool the sludge-like mixture. Fertiliser, as it happened to be. She knew from experience not to leave anything volatile unattended.

The stool scraped back as the woman stood, snatching her bag off the cluttered shelf as she turned to leave.

The hall below was warm and even busier than she expected. Faces, new and old, were scattered around various tables, chatting good-naturedly as the remains of what looked to be some kind of gathering broke up. She spied their two newest members, Chimer and Vita over by the window, conversing with a cat familiar that, as she watched, morphed smoothly into an equally familiar human. The witch blinked, looking vaguely defeated at the sight.

Her hand tightened around the strap of her bag as she tore her eyes away. The elusive male's registration could be properly processed another time. Her eyes scanned over the crowd before finally landing on the old bat, conversing with one- two strangers, the old monk and... Vas'on? The imposing figure of the half-breed fighter was unmistakable. Surprise flickered in her gaze, the tired haze lifting for just a moment. He was always a welcome sight if she was low on supplies.

Finally, her gaze zeroed in on the boxes clasped in the hands of the two randoms, and any remnant of friendliness disappeared into a livid scowl.

Impulsive old wretch-

Guild members all but leaped out of her way, something very dangerous storming in the air around her. "Are you even aware how much those things cost-" Oleda was already snarling before she reached the group, and Cel turned to smile pleasantly at her. "You very well know the kingdom only issues ten every double moon. What are you doing handing them out like pebble-stones?" The guildmaster didn't bother replying, and the witch didn't give her the chance as she raised a furious hand to count off the incidents. "You handed out three in the first moon, two more while I was away at the capital, and now these two strays-" Her eyes flickered shut, inhaling as she cast the duo an apologetic look. They increasingly seemed to regret their decision, which wasn't her intention. She had been an unknown brat herself when she first arrived. The guildmaster simply had the aggravating habit of doing things regardless of the consequences and letting Oleda clean up after.

"Sorry," she amended, turning to the new members. "I'm Oleda Kalyre, the greatly overworked guild clerk. It's a pleasure to meet you, whatever my demeanor implies. John, Eirzen-" she offered the two a brief nod. It hadn't been long since they'd last seen each other. "And Vas'on, it's good to have you back."

Cel hummed, seeming pleased as Oleda shot her another glare. "If there's anything at all you need, please ask. I handle most of the registrations around here."

Xio

Knight of yip
He could quit right now if he wanted. And he really did want to. He had fought a hard battle, and no one could claim that he hadn't put in his all. Steel weighed heavy on his back, hot blood surged through his body, his arms were on fire, and his lungs were fit to burst. No one would know he had failed if he turned back now. No one but him. That was one too many. This would be one of many battles to come, and he couldn't falter here. Meinrad pushed against the earth with everything he had, digging his fingers into the dirt. With a roar he rose up, "One hundred!"

Then he fell back down onto the grass. Quiet quickly returned to the forest as the tied bundle of armor plates he had been using as a weight slipped off of Meinrad's back. He had been so busy he had almost forgotten what birds sounded like. Maybe he had overdone it this time. But what else could he do? He was a recent addition to the Adventurer's Guild without a quest to his name, and without any coming in all he could do was prepare himself. What if he needed something else though? He had plenty of strength, but there had to be more to it than that. Practical experience would resolve that, but he should ask for some advice before he got eaten by a dragon or whatever. As soon as he could feel his arms again.

He laid down on the ground for a while, letting his strength return while enjoying the breeze passing through the trees. Meinrad could hear people coming and going through the guild hall's door around the corner. Lots of business today. Maybe that meant there would be work. That or more recruits to compete with. Either way it sounded like today was going to be interesting. After a few more minutes Meinrad pushed himself up, knocking his weight to the side. One he was standing the young man pulled up the bottom of his shirt to his face to wipe off the dirt and sweat. Once his face was 'clean' he turned around to a sword leaning against the wall. The old sword sat loose in it's sheathe, having worn down from time and use. It was no fashion statement, but the blade was sharpened, oiled, and ready. He'd have to replace it one day, but for now he picked it up by it's strap and slung it over his shoulder. Time to see what craziness today had brought.

Meinrad stepped around the corner towards the hall's doors. He took a deep breath and pushed open the doors. He had only been in the guild for a few days, and the sight of the hall still gave him goosebumps. In his village, it was the talk of the town whenever a dwarf or an elf traveled through. Here, though, the wild and outrageous was the norm. A bird-like bard, a strangely slender orc, a beautiful elven woman, even a dragon of all things. He honestly couldn't remember who was new and who wasn't. Though there was a familiar sight; the guild master was yelling at the members again, all the while trying to deal with what he could only assume were new members. "Ah, and here I hoping we had a job." Meinrad said aloud, mostly to himself. Not wanting to add to the old woman's stress, he simply leaned back against the wall by the door and listened. He could ask his question when they were finished.

A Not So Wonderful Story

Me? The Hero? Nahhh, that's ridiculous!
Severynd Whinstek
Monk
Guild Hall
Interactions: Cel(?) Chinchia Chinchia

Severynd would step inside the guild hall, wearing black robes with a big smile on his face. He was awfully excited, this being his first time in the city. There was so much food, scents, sights, and people! And everyone wasn't wearing the same robes with bald heads! Severynd had even grown his hair out to a messy style, just to blend in a bit more. His eyes traveled around the guild hall as he walked deeper inside. His mind raced with the wonders that awaited him and the roles he would fill. To think this all existed while he stayed secluded in a temple with old men that told him to be calm all the time. The curious boy would even peer at guild mates awkwardly just so he could try to understand them more. His black robes didn't demand authority, but they definitely stood out. They had art of a golden dragon laying across the right sleeve, and firm wrappings beneath it to prevent any awkward gusts of wind. As Severynd looked around, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit. He had no idea what he was doing, how exciting! He loved the change in style, and wanted to join as quickly as he could, not knowing what he would do or when he would do it, but he knew he wouldn't disappoint!​

johndoe

The unknown dead body
John watched the Guildmaster hand out the coins with a glint in his eyes and he smiled at the young knight to be. "The Guildmaster was quite generous, what are your plans now, young knight? Maybe I could join you and offer some advice, I may not be as fit as I once used to but, boy do I have some stories I could tell you." John rested his arms on his staff and yawned again. He then noticed some man wearing black robs. "Another monk, he looks a little incompetent but I'm sure he will be useful somehow." John thought to himself.

Senso

Magic Eight Ball
Interactions: Odela ( Chinchia Chinchia )

The library within the guilds base was an astounding one. Peaceful, beautiful, and posssessing a number of books that one could only dream. It was practically a heaven for scholars such as Cyke. A faint humming seemed to have been coming from the young lad as his eyes fixated a the literature in front of him. He had found this new book to be somewhat interesting containing the history of the Orc’s. Their battle tactics, diets, religion, and even their anatomy were descriptively put into long sentences causing Cyke to become more and more fascinated. “How interesting” he said to himself before placing a book marker on the page he had left off so he could attend to his duties. Rising from his chair he began to stretch out his body hearing the numerous pops that came with it. “Ah, so much better” he muttered before taking off exiting the library and eventually ventured towards where the guild clerk usually hung about.

“Going to ask if your new ingredients have come in yet?” Asked a familiar voice as Cyke’s head slightly turned to his left to see a spirit gently floating next to his side. “I see even the most obvious task still never gets passed you now does it Alistair?” The spirit simply laughed at the scholars remark as his weightless body carried itself a couple of feet in front of Cyke where he casually floated backwards seeing himself to attend Cyke’s little erand run. “Ah don’t be like that Cyke. You should know very how much your little experiments intrigue me. Since, after all, you’re making adjustments to the failed recipe that took my life so many years ago” he said as he eyed Cyke down his grin as wide as it could possibly be. As the two continued their path they eventually entered the guild hall where a number of familiar and unfamiliar faces seemed to have gathered. “Oh how lovely” said Alistair as his massless
hands clapped together as if surprised. “It seems you have new friends around you Cyke. Please behave yourself.” Cyke simply chuckled to himself at the spirit’s remark as the sight of Oleda came into his full view. Planting a friendly smile across his face he gave a simple head nod to those surrounding the woman as he turned his full attention to the clerk. “Why hello Oleda” He said in his usual casual tone. “I’m guessing you already know why I came to see you. Have my ingredients come in yet?” He asked as Alistair simply floated above his head awaiting her answer as eagerly as Cyke was.

Jaedin

The Newbie
Sen realized the urgent nature of his newly given task and the weight of it, considering how livid another member of the guild was. However, he was still welcomed into the guild. Perhaps she really was overworked like she said. Maybe he could help out? He had helped out at his father's smithy with the paperwork.

Still, since she was welcoming of him, so he proceeded to run a bit of mana through the copper coin engraved with an emblem inside the box he was given and turned to the guild master. "Thank you."

Then, he asked the newly dubbed Oleda, "What requests am I able to take as a copper... rank? Is there anything else I need to know before I start?"

He would talk to the seemingly kind monk a bit later even though he said he would talk to him after. After all, helping new people seemed to be this overworked lady's job!

Despite what he seemed like, he did see the hints of something else in the smile the monk wore. It reminded him of those merchants who wanted to make a contract with his father's smithy for a price not worthy of his goods. And he should know, considering that his father's smithy was better than some of the others he had seen during his small travels to nearby towns.

Quality has a price, and Sen did not think too highly of himself compared to the members of his new guild as well as those guards of the caravan he traveled alongside.

But, he will stay cheery! It's only to be expected not everyone could be like him and honest upfront! Even those heroes in the books he would read back at home would deceive others to accomplish their goals.

Perhaps the glint in the monk's eyes was not because he wanted to use him as cheap labor or others of the sort, but because he was interested in him in another way!

Unfortunately, he would have to decline his advances and reject the monk if it came down to that. Were monks fated to stay monkly? Certainly some were not, having left the monk way of life for other pastures. Or so he read. Perhaps he shouldn't trust everything he reads...

But that did not mean he could not be friends with the monk. He would have a lot of stories to tell as well as a travelling monk!

Just... After he gets his finances in order.

With that, he turned to the monk who seemed like one of those merchants and said, "I apologize. As much as I want to hear stories of your travels, I must get my finances in order first. Perhaps we could talk later?"

Ah, he slipped into his speech when talking to merchants. He shouldn't do that, this was his guild now.

It was just that he felt a little nervous. After all, he has just been accepted into a whole new world!

johndoe

The unknown dead body
John showed a strained smile and took a deep breath. "Of course, of course, if you ever want to talk, I'm usually around somewhere. Just know, you have great potential, oh young one."
John walked away and wondered over too the new monk. "Hello brother monk, may I be of assistance too you somehow?" He finished his words with a signature toothy grin.
"I always enjoy meeting fellow men of the cloth."
A Not So Wonderful Story A Not So Wonderful Story

Jaedin

The Newbie
At the strained smile, Sen felt his heart lurch a bit, twisting at making another person sad.

And then it was gone, brushed off. And he was back to being cheerful.

"Alright then, let's talk later!"

Though that comment about potential was an odd one. There's loads of more potential around him! Like that dragon, for one.

Especially that dragon.

Then the monk walked away and he was back to facing the overworked Oleda

Name: Sen
Human Knight
Interactions: Oleda

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
[div=padding: 10px; background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/66/1d/55/661d55b6d55c862ef5ca506a8f4233e9.jpg) fixed;]

[div=text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px white]

[/div]
[div=text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px white]

[nobr]
[class=container]
cursor: pointer;
position: relative;
transform: scaleY(-1);
[/class]

[class=cover]
background-image: url(https://img00.deviantart.net/8f7e/i/2007/264/6/0/half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center;
background-color: rgb(169,167,168);
background-size: 500px 500px;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
position: absolute;
right: 0;
top: 0;
[/class]

[class=content]
height: 450px;
width: 100%;
[/class]

[script class=content on=click]
slideDown 800 cover
[/script]

[script class=cover on=click]
slideUp 800
[/script]

[div class=container]
[div class=content]
[div=float:center;background-color:white;margin: auto;background-position: 50% 30%;border-radius: 50%;border: 0px solid white;height:100px;width: 100px;overflow:hidden;] [/div]
"A good fight is always preffered, but I ain't no stranger to sitting down for a chat and tea"

Mood: Amused

[/div]
[div class=cover]
[/div]

[/div]
[/nobr]

"Chalcedony eh?" the Elf-Orc said observing her "Yeah, I can show you around the guild, it has been some time since I was last here, I could use a refresher" he chuckled "If you are done here, we can head to the kitchen first, grab something to eat" Vas'On enjoyed food as much as the next Orc, though unlike them with their raw meat and bloody food, he enjoyed his food well cooked. He even carried a variety of spices with him when he went out exploring. The wilds could be a good kitchen if you had the right tools.

Of course, having a proper kitchen made things a lot better and the guild's food was number one in his book. Almost every time he came back, he'd first raid the kitchen, having someone else join him was a first, but it didn't make it any less fun.

"Oleda" he said when the woman strode up. She'd done a similar thing when he'd become a member, though he'd been a little impressed when she hadn't been scared to do so in front of him. An intimidating figure he was.
[/div]

[/div]

Chinchia Chinchia Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
--Chalcedony Red--

Interactions: Cel, Oleda, Vas'on

Chalcedony had recovered just in time to hear the older woman's instructions and had begun to meld some of her magic into the coins when the presence of something dark grew rapidly behind her. Instinctively she stiffened and shifted her feet in a discreet manner to prepare a quick counter attack. The woman that approached looked livid, a prickle of fear tickled the mage's spine at the hostility shown to her and the boy that had also come to join. When the new woman calmed enough to smile, Chal slowly dropped her guard and covered her fear with a small smile to return.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Oleda Kalyre, if I had known you were the clerk I would've come to you immediately." Chal bowed low in a show of apology and greeting before turning to the tall man named Vas'on.

"I believe I am done, and food does sound really nice. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a proper meal." She grinned sheepishly up at the man, her hand coming up to scratch at the back of her head.

--Chane Spirit--

Interactions: Cel

Chane finally approached the group, a bored expression dominating their expression. They didn't listen to the next words exchanged, worried more about the older woman who kept looking at them. "Hey, old hag, why do you keep looking at me?"

[div=background:url(http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/1/2/0/1096291-large-hd-wallpapers-fantasy-1920x1080.jpg);background-size:cover;border:5px #000000 double;color: #A9A9A9;padding:5px;]
Mavndrus Favehari
Mav let out a deep sigh, He stood arms crossed, head towards the floor, eyes nearly closed, leaning against a wooden post inside the guild house a good distance away from the commotion that enveloped the inside of the lobby. An apparent huge meet and greet between the new members and the guild master. Mav looked in the direction of the master laughing to himself a little as she handed out the copper coins to the new members like bread crumbs to ravens. Mavndrus continued to mind his own business and looking at the worn floor boards uninterested in chit chatting whatever mother nature and father time decided to drag in to this always changing guild. He reached into his pocket and fiddled with his coin that was now iron. Scrunching his face a little Mavndrus thought about his distain for the way rank was ran in the guild.

Upon arriving to the guild awhile back out of what he figured was mainly boredom, he strongly spoke his distaste in starting from the bottom to the guild master, Throwing his social status as a prince and his apparent magical skill. Copper just wouldnt suffice, Platinum was more like it, But of course the stubborn old hag hadn't paid him any attention shrugging off his request. Mavndrus had stop trying to convince her and just went along with it deciding to show off his skill in missions hoping it would get him up the ranks quick but that also bore no fruit as he had only been bumped up to Iron rank.

Mav scoffed releasing the coin to flail about in his pocket, Crossing his arms once again as to deter anyone from starting any unprecedented conversations with him, he pushed off the beam with the one leg he had propped on it to keep himself stable, the noise was starting to irritated the young prince so he proceeded towards the door. He was only there hoping there would be new quest up for grabs but since there weren't any he rather not hang around.
[/div]

Last edited:

Plannit

Bin Wizard
[div=
border: 3px solid #FFF;]
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabsn]
background-color: #4A423F;
[/class]
[class=tabn]
[/class]

[div class=tabsn style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabn]Narythus[br][/br]Grovedale[/div][div class=tabn]Human[br][/br]Rogue/Mage[/div][div class=tabn]Interactions:[br][/br]Vita and Chimer[/div][div class=tabn]Location:[br][/br]Guild Hall[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]
Narythus was surprised at the elf's sudden excitement, "I have only two forms-" He barely managed to get out as she asked another question, then another, and another... He couldn't answer them quickly enough, hardly able to think about one when when she asked another. "I joined a few weeks ago- but- Yes- I'm not sure." At this point the scruffy mage didn't know what he was even answering, losing track of the questions. His attention was caught by the bird as he greeted him, turning to the bard with an expression still confused from the torrent of questions he hesitated, but took his hand for the shake. Chimer, a fitting name for the odd fellow. Narythus nodded in greeting, "Narythus Grovedale." He introduced himself in return.

[div=
border: 3px solid #ffffff;]
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabs]
background-color: #2F3F3F;
[/class]
[class=tab]
[/class]

[div class=tabs style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tab]Renniuth[br][/br]Aldriusyllus[/div][div class=tab]Dragon[br][/br]Mage[/div][div class=tab]Interactions:[br][/br]Sen[/div][div class=tab]Location:[br][/br]Guild Hall[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]
The dragon had taken a nap when Milby ran off, he was tired and knew Cel would deal with the tiny knight should she become too rowdy or destructive- as she would. He rested his head in an upright position, though his eyes quickly opened as he felt the gaze of a stranger linger on him long. He turned to watch the human, red-haired and clad in similarly coloured cloth and iron armour, the boy seemed to have taken interest in him. Ren regarded him with a careful stare, the stranger seemed not to be aggressive, but he knew better than to trust one he had not met.

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
[div=
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabso]
background-color: #A2958C;
[/class]
[class=tabo]
[/class]

[div class=tabso style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabo]Oleda[br][/br]Kalyre[/div][div class=tabo]Human[br][/br]Guild Clerk[/div][div class=tabo]Interactions:[br][/br]Milby, Cyke[/div][div class=tabo]Location:[br][/br]Guild Hall[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]
Oleda paused at Vas'on's mention of the kitchen, while the chinchilla, who had finally recovered, stiffened. Cel sighed.

"About that..." the witch said, expression falling as turning her glare to the detestable fluff ball looking anywhere but them. "Due to some, unforseen, circumstances, the kitchen is currently out of service." And a long way off functioning again, given most of it was still a corded off, black rubble. "There was a mishap with- what was it again- a bread loaf?"

"...Flatcake?" Milby shrilled. Her fur prickled under the witch's placid smile.

"Of course," Oleda said. "How could I forget."

A heartbeat passed between the duo, outside chatter seeming to dim. Cel hummed, expression pleasant as she angled herself towards the new members. "Please do ignore these two. Oleda takes many of the guild's issues upon herself to fix. It's rather unhealthy, really."

The witch was the first to lunge, Milby shrieking as she pelted out of the way.

"I said I was sorry!"

"You nearly DESTROYED THE GUILD." Her hand closed on empty air, the ball of fur sailing over the edge of the table.

"It was one measly flatcake!" The chinchilla's voice faded as she disappeared underfoot, making her escape into the busying crowd. There really was no catching the creature, its arrogance outdone only by its agility. The witch inhaled, leaning against the table to recompose herself. Conniving little-

“Why hello Oleda." An undignified sound escaped the clerk, turning quickly only to pause at the sight of Cyke's casual grin. "...Have my ingredients come in yet?" Ingredients? Ingredients- oh.

"Uh, no... not exactly," she said, glancing away. When it came to experiments there were few in the guild who matched Oleda's devotion. Cyke was one. Though the male's focus tended to center on the theoretical, he ran more than his fair share of trials, keeping a near constant stream of materials on order. "There was an issue with the border patrols. Apparently they found some questionable items within the delivery...?" As an afterthought, the end of the statement pitched up into a query. Oleda had yet to uncover what project he was onto now, but the latest developments had her all the more curious.

"I'm planning a trip tomorrow to see what they're going to extort from us." A shadow of a scowl crossed her brow, before her expression smoothed and she returned her gaze to Cyke's reaction. "There are a few things of mine caught up in the order too."

[div=
border: 3px solid #190F0A;]
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabsc]
background-color: #847465;
[/class]
[class=tabc]
[/class]

[div class=tabsc style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabc]Cel[br][/br]--[/div][div class=tabc]Human[br][/br]Guildmaster[/div][div class=tabc]Interactions:[br][/br]P[/div][div class=tabc]Location:[br][/br]Guild Hall[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]
Cel glanced towards the door as yet another unfamiliar face entered--perhaps drawn by the revelries. Today truly was quite a remarkable one. It had panned nothing like how she'd expected it to go.

Her gaze wandered inevitably to the dark garb of the monk, noting the intricate dragon embroidered into the material, and watching John approach the new stranger with no small degree of apprehension. Absorbed as she was, it took a moment to register the nagging voice hovering beside her. A crooked brow arched as she turned her attention to the latest ethereal nuisance to haunt their guild.

"Debating if it is worth the effort of dismissing you," she grumbled. "I'd rather not banish companions of new members, but call me that insulting name again and I may reconsider." Her words to the ghost finished, she turned to face Sen, a pleasant smile smoothing her expression.

"Oleda is always in need of more materials. If you're interested then I may suggest checking the quest board. There are usually-"

---

Silence filled the guild at the piercing cry of a crow. What started as one lone call soon racketed into a cacophony, until the air was filled with the shrill cries of alarm. For any members around for some length of time, their attention drew immediately to the direction of the sound, knowing something was amiss.

Cel, too, was silent. Any words forgotten as her gaze grew far and her head angled towards the noise. It was a panicked sound. But from the training grounds rather than the front. Her eyes narrowed, turning to the rear door just before they burst open and a desperate member stumbled through.

"Guildmaster!" The adventurer's eyes scanned the crowd before landing upon her. "There's a whole horde!"

Difficulty: Iron
Attributes:
Strength: Excellent
Intelligence: Low
Agility: Average
Dexterity: Low
Constitution: High
Resilience: Average
Info:
An introduced species that infest the outer regions of the forest. They are highly territorial, and known to maul unlucky adventurers even on easier missions. A tough hide makes them extremely durable, but their attacks are often predictable, even to the more inexperienced of fighters.

SoftSmile

Placeholder Human
[div=
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabsv]
background-color: #344040;
[/class]
[class=tabv]
[/class]

[div class=tabsv style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabv]'Vita'[br][/br]Pulchra[/div][div class=tabv]Elven[br][/br]Healer[/div][div class=tabv]Interactions:[br][/br]Multiple[/div][div class=tabv]Location:[br][/br]Guild Hall[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]

" Oh my-- I apologize greatly for not introducing myself. Pulchra. " She said politely, adding onto it. " But, I prefer to be called Vita, if you will. " She gave a soft smile, hoping she did not intimidate the poor man. Though she appreciated Chimer's talents, she had quite a hard time remembering when she invited him over in what she dubbed ' Personal Space '. (Salty Vita) She couldn't help but put on a sour expression towards the Kenku.

Though, it quickly changed when she heard the screeching cries of the wild boar along with a yelling guild member claiming there was an entire horde of them. She could say for the very least it was true, the vibrations in the ground proved that correct. She looked around, panicking slightly as she waited silently for any one to act. The guild members would most likely attempt to kill or harm the boar just because they were doing what was in their nature. She made a slight whining noise before running off to the entrance of the guild hall hoping to get a better look at the horde.

[div=background:url(http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/1/2/0/1096291-large-hd-wallpapers-fantasy-1920x1080.jpg);background-size:cover;border:5px #000000 double;color: #A9A9A9;padding:5px;]
Mavndrus Favehari
As Mavndrus reached out for the door to exit, his muscles stiffened halting him in the midst of exiting the guild house. His elven ears twitched noticing the sudden change of commotion, the lobby was now quiet but the forest had taken upon itself to continue the ruckus. Mav turned his head towards the training grounds as the sound of multiple hooves hitting the ground outside the hall increased

Mav smirked a little, This wasn't exactly what he was looking for when he showed up to the guild house but it would suffice. The wild boar were simple enemies ones he wouldn't waste his time on in any other situation due to the lack of excitement when fighting them, But with a horde of them rushing to the guild house Mav saw this as an opportunity. One to show off to the new haflbaked companions that joined the guild today and to hopefully put a little show on for Cel hoping to make her regret the decision to make him start off as a measily copper. Although he knew the guild master wasn't one to be persuaded easily he decided to himself that he would do this for mere entertainment and leave as soon as this debacle gets handled. Mav intended to do that with haste.

Mavndrus whipped his rather flamboyant black cape behind him as he walked towards the training grounds. "Pay close attention newcomers, as you are lucky to be able to see my excellence in action on your first day. "Mavndrus said while brushing his hand through his hair and tilting his head up as too look down on anyone who may be looking his way now. A small dark glow crept up Mavndrus staff as if it were powering up for an attacked. [/div]

Last edited:

RatKing

Rodent Ruler
With introductions out of the way Chimer was about to invite Narythus to sit at the table he and Vita had been seated at so that the scruffy man wouldn’t have to watch the guildhall and its members from the distance in the form of a small animal. However, before he could put out the offer the piercing sound of a crow’s cry rung in the air which was followed by more and more cries as additional crows entered the hall one after another. While Chimer had little idea what had caused the sudden flock of crows to enter the hall and to start crowing it certainly gave off the impression that something outside had spooked the birds. Something that the guild members may have to deal with.

A moment after the cacophonous sound went up into the air a door in the back of the hall burst open and someone stepped out informing the guild master that there was a ‘whole horde’. “A horde of what?” he asked worried that a large number of something was approaching the guild hall that had the intention of harming its members or the building itself. Though before someone could answer the Kenku bard, a dark elf dressed in dark clothing stepped towards the back door boasting that the newcomers were lucky to witness the man's excellence. While Chimer was doubtful the man was some legendary hero here to single-handedly push back whatever horde was coming he also was interested to see just what this guild member was capable of. Maybe he could learn a thing or two from him so he too could have confidence when it came to defending himself from dangers.

SoftSmile

Placeholder Human
[div=
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabsv]
[/class]
[class=tabv]
[/class]

[div class=tabsv style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabv]'Vita'[br][/br]Pulchra[/div][div class=tabv]Elven[br][/br]Healer[/div][div class=tabv]Interactions:[br][/br]Mavndrus[/div][div class=tabv]Location:[br][/br]Outside Guild Hall[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]

" Wait! " The elven woman practically sprinted to the other elven. " Please, we can just lead them to another area-- So they won't harm anyone. " The eyes of the healer were already watering with the thought that an animal would be harmed, or even worse-- Killed. Hoping that the other guild members would agree with her plan, she looked back to the guild hall, voicing her plan once again--Or attempting to given her soft tone.

" T-They are just doing what's in their nature, if we work together we can just devoid their path! " She attempted to voice without getting choked up, she wasn't used to speaking to any kind of crowd, she could barely say she was uncomfortable with a chinchilla on her head, they probably weren't going to listen to the copper healer.

Mavndrus Favehari
Mavndrus grimaced as an elven girl raced to his side. She was rather too close for his liking so he sidestepped a little as to dissociate himself from her. From what he could tell she was the usual elf nature loving, warm hearted healer, Mav could already tell he didn't like her and her ideals. "Your suggesting we not defend the hall, they are mere beast and we are a guild of fighters not farmers. So if you excuse me peasant I would like to get on with my business and get rid these nuisances."

Mav was a little harsh on the girl but being a prince he was still adjusting to having to associate himself with commoners. Yes this was a decision he made on his own but he wasn't about to let any of these people believe they were on the same level as him.[/div]

SoftSmile

Placeholder Human
[div=
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabsv]
[/class]
[class=tabv]
[/class]

[div class=tabsv style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabv]'Vita'[br][/br]Pulchra[/div][div class=tabv]Elven[br][/br]Healer[/div][div class=tabv]Interactions:[br][/br]Marvdrus[/div][div class=tabv]Location:[br][/br]Outside Of Guild Hall; Forest[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]

Vita did not take kindly to this, tapping her foot lightly a vine happened to grow exactly where the dark elven was walking-- Most likely causing him to trip. " My deepest apologies! " She nervously got out before running off. She was practically racing towards the horde to find a vantage point and where she could lead them. She wasn't the exact person you'd expect to be running head first into a horde of giant boars, but it seems she was the only one to take immediate action.

Getting closer, she saw them approaching at what she saw as a rather fast speed. So, she looked around the forest for any openings where she could lead an entire horde. Of course in the thick bushels of trees there was no clear path, so stomping her foot she scanned the nearby forest area. She had a pretty good idea where she wanted them to go, so the thick vines and roots grew in front of her quickly, making a path diverging to the side of the forest--Away from the guild hall and the kingdom.

Jaedin

The Newbie
As the guildmaster was explaining to him what jobs could be completed and how to find them, he felt the guild go silent at the sound of crows, then suddenly, when the back of the hall opened up to someone yelling that there was a whole horde.

A whole horde of what? Beasts to slay?

Then a man dressed in all black stepped towards the rear door where the man reporting came out from, and said that we newcomers were lucky to see his excellence on the first day. That man... is he so arrogant to imply that he would take on the whole horde of whatever beasts are out there?

And his staff is glowing. Is he going to use a spell? Sen wasn't sure if that was the indication for a spell, focusing only on his Light and Spirit affinities but it sure looked like it! Perhaps he was preparing an amazing spell! Though it would be odd to do so inside the hall.

Then when an elven woman stepped out to plead that they divert the boars to another area, Sen felt a little shocked. The idea was odd. To lead whatever was coming here away?

Sen bit his lip. It's a novel idea, that's for sure. Not a day in a guild and he has already learned a different way of thinking. To lead a horde in a different direction to be free instead of wiping them out!

But... Wouldn't it be difficult to lead a horde of hostile... whatever was out there to another area when they seemed close to the area? By the sounds of it, they were coming in this direction or coming near it enough to shake an adventurer desperate. Wouldn't they seek to attack all the adventurers that attempt to lead them elsewhere?

Sen wanted to speak out his thoughts, with a smile to dispel the serious mood, but couldn't find it in himself to do so.

After all, he was new, was he not? He just barely started today, even! Would anyone take his words into account?

And when the mage dismissed her idea, Sen was a little displeased. Not because of the dismissal of the idea, but because of the tone and words he used to do so. Peasant? The man was a noble? He certainly seemed the part.

Sen was surprised when the woman went off on her own. She didn't seem the type that could fight a horde head on. Or would. Perhaps she would lead them all herself?

And there's still something he doesn't know.

Sen turned to the adventurer who barged in and reported that there was a horde, and asked cheerily uncharacteristic of the mood, "A horde of what?"

Perhaps it's an animal that Sen knows about! He's asked quite a bit about the beasts in the area from the caravan he traveled with.

Name: Sen
Human Knight
Interactions: The Adventurer who reported the horde

Mavndrus Favehari
As Mavndrus attempted to head out towards the boar what seemed to be a vine grew form the floor board near his feet. Catching him off guard as he wouldn't have expected the girl to attack him with such undermining tactics, he tumbled forward quickly catching himself with his staff before he hit the ground. Mavndrus was furious, the fact that the girl dare make a fool of him automatically reassured his distaste for wood elves. "You insolent brat! How dare!" Mavndrus quickly ran towards the girl and the wall of thick vines she grew most likely to deter the boar. At this point he didn't even care about killing the boar but now it was his mission to because the elven girl had disrespected him and Mav wasn't about to let her embarrass him like that without revenge.

Mavndrus jumped throwing his staff into the air over the wall, As he landed he seemingly disappeared into the shadow of the wall of vines. The staff could now be seen glowing, the aura around it getting bigger. As it landed on the other side of the wall the shadow of the staff seem to emerge form the ground. Mavndrus stepped out of that shadow smirking. "Since these boar are so dear to your heart I shall get rid of them, You shouldn't have played that dirty trick on me brat."

Mavndrus grabbed his staff and pointed it forward, a series of several hardened shadow spikes appeared in front of him and with speed he shot one towards the now redirected group of boar. A squeal could be heard as one spike pierced through a boars body. "One." Mav shouted playfully as his other spikes floated in the air as if waiting on his command to attack the pack. He wanted to toy with the girl. SoftSmile SoftSmile [/div]

SoftSmile

Placeholder Human
[div=
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabsv]
[/class]
[class=tabv]
[/class]

[div class=tabsv style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabv]'Vita'[br][/br]Pulchra[/div][div class=tabv]Elven[br][/br]Healer[/div][div class=tabv]Interactions:[br][/br]Mavndrus[/div][div class=tabv]Location:[br][/br]Forest[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]

The vines went back into the ground as the elven woman looked onto the body of one of the innocent boars. She let out a piercing shriek of distress, tears gracing her pale cheeks. How could someone be so vile? She knew not many guild members would agree with her--But he was outright attempting to get a reaction out of her. She clenched her fists, ready for this battle--Not against the boar, but against this insolent guild member.

She quickly acted, the vines and roots seemingly delivering the boar corpse farther off into the forest so it couldn't be seen, in her deepest respects. She pushed off the ground with amazing force, plants helping her getting her in the mid-air. She let the plants help her, as she wasn't as fast as she could be without them--But working with the forest, she was like a bullet, giving her smaller size.

She was quick when she went in, flipping in front of the dark elven's face--Seemingly like she was going to land in front of him. Hoping he was caught off-guard, she quickly kicked his face--And with her current speed it had enough force to break his nose.

[ If successful ]
She darted from his face to near one of the boars, grabbing it's tusk--Spinning to the side and landing. The boar was now looking to the direction she had originally intended, and she saw the rest of the horde follow. Except..They were all now facing her. Oops.

Mavndrus Favehari
Expecting the girl to react he wasn't caught off guard as she jumped towards him and attempted to kick off his face.Using the shadow of her leg he casted A hardened shadow that formed a few millimeters from his face blocking her foot not causing her to not get off balance but just a different placement of her foot instead of his face. Mav didn't flinch as he watched the girl land making herself a target of the boars her plan to redirect them back firing. "Ah now what will you do if the boars start to attack you, hug them, They aren't worth protecting and I'm starting believe you aren't either since you insist on continuously getting in my way" Mav huffed looking unamused, he flicked his hand sending a few more of his spikes towards the boar and the elf. [/div]

SoftSmile

Placeholder Human
[div=
[/div]
[class=Notes]
//Circular Emblem//
[/class]
[br][/br]

[nobr]
[class=tabsv]
[/class]
[class=tabv]
[/class]

[div class=tabsv style="margin-top: -75px; margin-left: -10px;"][div class=tabv]'Vita'[br][/br]Pulchra[/div][div class=tabv]Elven[br][/br]Healer[/div][div class=tabv]Interactions:[br][/br]Mavndrus[/div][div class=tabv]Location:[br][/br]Forest[/div]
[/div][/nobr][br][/br]

She knew she wouldn't be able to make a root thick enough to block all the spikes in time, so deciding there was no other option--She was going to use her light affinity, in a way that she rarely used it. She stuck her hand out, creating and orb of light, sending it to the upcoming spikes that weakened to it's touch. Even a few withered away. The weaker spikes broke when they came in contact with the boars.

Though, when they came in contact with the healer--It was an entirely different story. None pierced her skin harshly, though there were a few tears of cloth and many beads of blood daring to pour from her minor wounds. She looked to the boars, yes. They were monsters--But they didn't know any better. She wished she was a beast tamer so at least she could have some reason with them.

They were distracted by the spikes daring to penetrate them, but turned back to the elven woman as she yelped and held one of the worse wounds on her arm. Now she had an idea. She wasn't a beast tamer, but she understood them more than most, and she knew that they were attracted to blood. It was their hunting technique, their nature. Such as their nature to hunt in hordes.

So, in a last attempt, the elven pried the wound on her arm deeper, making blood practically pour from it--Getting her hand covered and lifting it up. " Come and get me! " She shouted with nothing but a smile on her face. The wound that was just pouring blood had already healed to a scab, along with her other wounds. Do not mess with a determined healer. Vita was able to out travel the boars who were practically on her tail by the way the forest assisted her with her escape to the outer-region forest. Away from people.

Mavndrus Favehari
Mavndrus was a little shocked as to how the girl handled his spikes. He expected her to just shoot up a wall of trees to block them all but instead she used what seem to be a light affinity. Mav frowned not only was she a nature loving freak but also a light user. There was no way he would ever get along with this guild member. Mavndrus watched as some of his spikes came In contact with the elven girl, nothing serious mainly scratches though. Mav was confused on why the girl was so content on protecting wild boars who have no purpose except to ravage and attack anything in site.

"You really don't want me to kill these simplistic animals." He said, the girl then used a wound that he given her as an advantage by useing it to lead the boar away from the guild, The boar began to follow her into the forest. He scoffed turning back towards the guild house, now fully uninterested in the boar, he had his fun. He fixed his hair and ruffled his cape now walking back into the hall head raised as to seem to be unphased by the recent event.[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread