• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Adventure World of Pangea - Accepting

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The Aspiring Alchemist

Kingdom of Obsidian, Obscure Alleyway

Making a stand against crooks brandishing their makeshift weaponry. It was only for a brief moment that something else had shown itself, something much larger than everyone in the alley. A multi-armed giant, a chill on her skin from their monstrous size. With just a flick of their wrist knocked the center crook off their feet with ease. To challenge such stature was a foolish move, crooks only hissed at the giant. "Freak! Damn!" Scurrying into the corner from whence they came. Never to be seen again.

The giant turns to the hooded woman. "I am fine." She replied rather bluntly. "Thank you for dealing with those no-gooders, *Sigh* I'll promise to be more careful next time." Brushing the dust off her white blouse, pocketing the iron dagger she had in hand. Despite their appearance, he didn't appear as a threat. "...Let's get out of here first before any more trouble pounces here." She awkwardly shuffles to the side, keeping her distance from the multi-armed man.

"Again, thank you. Although, correct me if my assumptions are false. You are not from around here... Are you?" Once outside to the bright open and with the presence of other people even if just pedestrians, her face had a less restrictive expression and easily warmed up as rays above. Before she could hear the answer first, a gushing sound was fading, just a swift second a woman was riding a wave in nature of magic given how it is impossible to do it on the dry ground she stood on. standing a bit farther from the surfing woman, she has not sprinkled a drop. There's a man with a peculiar physique following suite too, she had no response movement or expression but the giant can see in her eyes that she had curiosity over such a swift moment.

Interaction: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentioned: VorpalSW VorpalSW RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan

Zane Tri-Heart

Korie Obsidian

Interacting with: Kan ( RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan ), Sittra ( Alisutte Alisutte ), Kirara ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ), Caster ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )

• Zane watched the interaction between Sittra, Kirara, and Caster. It seems that the battle before had gotten them to be a little close or perhaps a little bit more acquainted. Well, it appears that these strangers were meeting each other for the first time and introducing each other. Once Zane had asked what happen, the green-eyed lady explained what happen. It looks like Odd was able to escape. It was also a surprise that Ariel was able to track him down here. Zane never really interacted with Ariel but he heard from Korie that she was intelligent and a strategist. Well, it was Ariel who sent Korie to him while she met with Odd. But why did Ariel want to meet with Odd? Is it really to talk about the marriage? But not only that but Barnabas is now involved again. After he killed the King, no one has seen him for three years. That was also the last time he saw him. "You guys did well to fend Barnabas off", said Zane. "I almost died when I faced him last time", said Zane as he seem to recount a memory from three years ago. "My apologies but my name is Zane Tri-Heart. I am just a friend of Odd", he explained to the group.

Zane could not sense Barnabas's willpower anymore. He must have slipped out with the crowd and gone into hiding. Should he pursue him or should he go to Odd first? Or perhaps he might be tracking him now and he may intentionally lead him to the princess. "I know you can't trust me. But can you allow me to come with you? In exchange, I will tell you about Barnabas", said Zane. He then looked over to Sittra. "I can also help you out as well. Since I know what it feels to be in a new world", he told Sittra.

Meanwhile, Korie surfed on the water until she was able to get to the Drinks All Around Tavern. Once she got to the vicinity, she gently landed her heels clicking as she hit the floor and the water dropped to the ground as she did. It was there she saw the royal guards have come. But it looks like whatever has transpired, it has now ended. Meaning that she didn't need to be on guard right now. It was at this moment that she decided to return her Zealantis. The water blade she held was suddenly engulfed in water and the water shrank around the sword until it disappeared from sight. If she needs to fight again, she will simply summon it back. Korie look to see if Kan was able to follow along as well. If he did, Korie will simply be walked to the royal guards. "What happened here?", asked Korie. The royal guard turned around and immediately recognize Korie. "Obsidian Knight Korie, yes it appears that Barnabas was sighted here at this tavern, and at the same time, the princess was here as well. It seemed some strangers inside were able to fend him off while the princess made her escape. Once she made her escape, it seemed Barnabas retreated for now". "Barnabas was here?", she said as a flash of anger filled her eyes. That man was responsible for the death of her father. He will never forgive him. "Ma'am, we do not know where the princess is. We are going to ask the strangers who defended Barnabas about her whereabouts," said the royal guard. "No, don't. I will ask them where the princess is", said Korie.

Korie marched onward into the tavern and there she saw Zane with the other strangers. "Zane, do you know where Ariel is", asked Korie as she interrupted the conversation that was happening. Zane turned and saw Korie. It seems she followed him all the way here. Instead of telling her where she is, Zane instead just let out his frustration on her. "I told you that Odd was in danger didn't I? But you didn't listen. Not only that Ariel was here as well. Did she put you put up to this? Korie, what is going on? Is Ariel really going to marry Odd?", asked Zane. "That's what Ariel wanted to talk to Odd about it. She told me it was not her intention to get married. She said that it is our brother who is arranging the marriage", Korie explained. "That is not the issue. The issue is that Barnabas was sighted. Zane, he is after my family again and I need to protect Ariel.", Korie said. Zane can understand. "That is why I am going to ask you a favor. Can you watch Ariel for me while I go and hunt down Barnabas?", asked Korie. Zane was shocked. "Korie, you can't hunt down Barnabas. You know how dangerous. If you don't remember, even with us two facing him we still lost and we barely escaped with our lives intact", said Zane. "I am not the same as before. I have been training myself so I can kill him," said Korie. "So please Zane, I need you to take care of my sister. Will you?", said Zane. "Fine", said Zane as he struggled to agree with Korie. "I will protect Ariel as well", said Zane. "Thank you", she said bowing to Zane.

Last edited:
🦊 CASTER RUMERES🦊
INTERACTION: VorpalSW VorpalSW Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Alisutte Alisutte RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan (I think?)

After Kirara declares the blonde known as ‘Sittra’ under her protection, Caster chuckles. She was adorable! Did this mean she liked him? Or was Caster misunderstanding it? Regardless, it was teasing material, Caster said.

“I don’t know what that possessive tone is about. But if you like him like that need not worry. I am not in anyway attracted to men.”

She then adds to the end of that.

“Hmmm A other worlder? I guess that explains his idiocy. It’s not idiocy, it’s just ignorance.”

She turns her head to Sittra and explains.

“You probably don’t believe it, do you? Well welcome to Pangea. Let me explain the run down of an animal spirit real quick then. Animal spirits are a kind of spirit whose main form is that of their respective animal. They have a human form certainly, but they can’t hide some of their animalistic features. Animal spirits have the same behaviors, senses and abilities as their animal counterparts as well as some sort of connection to magic, even if the connection is weak. Me and my brother are half fox spirits. Does that explain this better?”

Eventually, she moved her attention back towards Zane. At first she still couldn’t trust him, and she didn’t, at least not until Korie came in. She listened to their discussion. And something was obviously wrong. If the king thinks he can be corrupt and if Barnabus thinks he can get a hold of the princess, they are both dead wrong. Caster spoke up

“Zane won’t be the only one protecting the princess. I’ll keep her safe as well, Lady Korie. She will also be under an adventurer's protection. Zane tell me more about his abilities on our way to our destination. Sittra and Kirara I’ll discuss things with my brother about teaching you two how to fight better. Even if he disagrees, I’ll just instruct both of you. You are victims by proxy. You need to know how to fight. From this day until, I don’t know when Lady Ariel, Odd, Kirara and Sittra will be stuck with me till it’s safe otherwise.”

She could sense an adventure from a mile away. Regardless, people who shouldn’t be involved get involved anyway.

“Follow me. My brother's shadow link did fade away, meaning he either closed it or is unconscious. After seeing the condition he was in before they left, probably the second option."​

Last edited:

Odd Chainbunckle

Ariel Obsidian

People: Odd, Ariel, ???
With: Jasper DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

• Once Odd, Ariel, and Jasper entered the shadow portal, Odd found himself inside a cabin. He looked around the house and then he looked at Jasper who he was supporting when they made their escape. Jasper has been knocked out. "Ariel, are you okay?", he turned to ask. But when he looked over to the princess he saw that she was frozen still. She was paralyzed by fear. She trembling and was pretty shaken. Guess right now was not a great time to ask the princess why she was seeking him especially in private and why her brother want to marry her. Not only that but was Barnabas really under the employment of the King of the Obsidian Kingdom. And if this is the King's will, why does the King want Odd and Princess Ariel to get married?

"I am s...sorry...Odd...but give me a moment to re..collect my...self", she said. Odd nodded. "That's okay take your time. I think we are out of danger for now", he said. "I need to take care of Jasper anyway", said Odd. He looked around the cabin before he found a separate room. He walked over while dragging Jasper's unconscious body and found a bed in the room. "Perfect", Odd said. He would then walk into the room and lay Jasper on the bed. He placed his hand on his forehead and notice that it was hot. That other woman who claimed to know Jasper mentioned that he was maxed out in magic. So this was probably an overexertion of using his magical abilities. Odd figured that those shadow portals take a lot out of him. Odd then walked out of the room and began to look through the cabin for a cloth that he can use as well as any jar that contain water. It may not be cold but at least it was lukewarm and it was better than nothing.

He looked over and saw that Ariel was now sitting on the table. She was still rattled up from Barnabas and to be honest, so was Odd. He looked down and noticed that his hand was trembling. Actually, his entire body was still trembling. That fear-inducing command from Barnabas still echoed through his head and whenever his mind think about his body started to tremble more. He pushed through the thoughts of his fear and kept going. He had to take care of Jasper that was the only thing that he is forcing his mind to think about.

Odd came back to the room and placed the wet towel on his forehead. He then took a chair and sat down next to the bedside. "Man, I am weak. If Zane was there...", mumbled Odd.

Kirara Genkei

Ehh? Did she really sounded that possessive?? Kirara could sense her face becoming red hearing Sittra's and Caster's comment.

"I-I just want to help, stuupid. It must be the drinks that make me say weird things." Frantically looking around, Kirara grabbed a bottle of random liquor from the nearest table and chugged down all of its content to prove her point.

"See? I'm so drunk." She said soberly.

There's another stranger approaching them and then talks to Zane. It sounded like they had some history with the kidnapper but Kirara didn't really paid it too much of her mind. She didn't really mind if Zane want to tag along though, he had a matching clothes with the princess' future husband so they probably really know each other. Eventually, Caster concluded bystating that they would protect the princess, and also apparently teaches her and Sittra combat? Kirara raised one of her eyebrow looking a bit puzzled but she didn't say anything about it. Maybe later.

"Lead the way, cap. Let's make sure the princess is safe!"

VorpalSW VorpalSW DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Alisutte Alisutte

1684998517085.png

Misha zilano
interaction: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
"No no im from the mountains down south actually I'm a Goliath names misha lovely to meet you" he'd say with a small smile on his face now that the puffing out his chest rather proudly however the noise did tip him off there was some magic afoot it seemed rather interesting he wondered what a water mage was doing out here seemed a bit far form the ocean then again that was speculation the Goliath had never been near the ocean owing to his mountain existence. "Hmm should we go check that noise out prehaps miss? Better then staying here frankly"

Sittra Aesop
Konachan.com - 212403 all_male blonde_hair cropped glasses haikyuu!! headphones male scarf swo...jpg
Interactions: Kirara Genkei ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ) && Caster Rumeres ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune ) && Zane Tri-Heart, Korie Obsidian ( VorpalSW VorpalSW )
Mentions: Odd Chainbunkle, Barnabas ( VorpalSW VorpalSW )​

Sittra eyed Cas as he heard her chuckle. He rolled his eyes as Cas spoke about him being an overworlder and all that and changed her view of him from 'idiot' to 'ignorant', apparently.
"For your information, I am the smartest man alive", he said snipely as he gave her a stink eye. At her explanation, Sittra tried to listen attentively, as his mind shifted gears to listening mode. However, he merely scratched his head in puzzlement as he took his eyes off from the green-eyed woman, making a face. "Not really. Fox spirits? Half animal spirits? Pangea? Never heard of it" Sittra then moved his hand which he placed at the back of his head to now self-importantly fondle with his clean-shaven chin. "I suspect that I might have hit my head and now am in a coma. So, everything is possible in this coma world." he annouced, as he looked at Cas with a raised eyebrow quizzically.
As he saw Kirara about to guzzle down that bottle, he hastily moved to intercept her next move, as he snatched the bottle right out of her gulping mouth. He didn't manage to prevent her from consuming at least a half, though. He put the bottle on the table where he sat and laughed as he ate a random dish on the table. As he stopped laughing, he paused his eating. At the back of his mind he considered that this random soup he ate was probably left by one of the patrons. All the better. He looked at Kirara, saying, "Good grief, Kirara, good grief," as he shook his head three times with an entertained smile on his face as he observed the red-faced pink-haired woman with enjoyement at her antics.
He looked at the black-and-white-haired man and scoffed in derision of the idea that they fended Barnabas off.
"No, I wouldn't say we fended that guy off, more like he just left on his own accord because he felt like it."
At his introduction, Sittra nodded. "Odd?" he asked, realizing that this was apparently the name of the guy who was to be forced into marriage with Ariel. At Zane's next words he raised an eyebrow once again.
"Oh right. A new world, is it?" His tone was almost unbelievably and vigorously skeptical, as if he wasn't already introduced to the idea by Cas and Kirara previously. "Well, to be fair, I don't really care about Barnabas. This guy is kinda, how should I put it, these guys' problem, right?"
Sittra glanced at a person dressed in fancy shmancy clothes that looked like some sort of medieval knight or a guard. The man looked back at him, and Sittra smiled for a moment as he made eye contact with him. He was one of those people who came in after a while, Sittra supposed it was some sort of law enforcement, police even? He turned his attention to Zane. "Anyway," he said, as he stretched and yawned, feeling the exhaustion of the events past. "You're right, whatever this place is, I do need help. However," here he pointed an impudent finger at Tri-Heart, proclaiming, "I defer to Kirara's and Cas' judgement on that." Satisfied with himself, he almost continued to eat his appropriated soup, before he saw yet another person enter the tavern. He paused as he lifted a spoon to his mouth as he observed the woman walk in their direction. Her hair, of course, was some sort of a pale cyan color. Sittra simply let that fact flow through him as he listened as she begun a sudden discussion with Zane.
"Well, good luck, beautiful" he said, addressing Korie, his tone was laced with scepticism. "But this guy is really good with NLP, he can make you freeze and die just by looking, so I am sceptical of your ability to succeed, unless you thought of a trick to make yourself immune to his manipulations?" he asked curiously. Attention switching to self-proclaimed "half-fox spirit", he looked up at her from his position, listening to her words. He bristled at her idea of making him learn how to fight, he was law-abiding citizen, for God's sake! Well, not fully, but still. He voiced his objections outloud as he crossed his arms in irritation, frowning at Cas. "Hey, you! I am not gonna learm how to fight, I am not some punky thug who will be fighting left and right. This Barnabas guy doesn't care about us anyway, right?" He questioned, as he looked at Kirara, Cas and pointed a finger at himself. "His problem is with this Odd and Ariel characters. He is just an overly obsessed matchmaker, right?".
However, he sighed as he looked at Kirara's enthusiastic response at Cas' words. Reluctantly, he stood up and walked, moving his legs. He passed Zane, Korie and the guards as he seemed to be forcing his legs to move each step. "Fine, let's go or Barnabas will come to haunt you all." he mumbled as he exited the tavern. The fresh air immediately refreshed his mind as he looked around. He saw a bunch of spectating gawkers stand in some distance and more of these "police" people as he called them inside his mind. Realizing that he wasn't really sure where to go, he paused, and turned to look back at the entrance to Drink All Around and waved a quick hand.

Zane Tri-Heart

Korie Obsidian

Interacting with: Kan ( RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan ), Sittra ( Alisutte Alisutte ), Kirara ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ), Caster ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )

• The group is definitely a mixture of different personalities. Zane was observing them especially since he was the last to join the group. So he expects this group to be distrustful of him. The man named Sitra especially. He declared that he needed help but would refer to Kiaria's and Caster's guidance while pointing at him. Zane looked at him with a straight man face. He just simply nodded his head. "Hmm, sure", said Zane not bothering to argue with him. Sittra's trust in the two clearly indicated that Zane could not be trusted. However, the group's trust in him increase slightly when Korie came running in. After their exchange, and Zane agreed to protect the princess the group started to warm up to him. The woman named Caster has even agreed to assist Zane in protecting the princess.

As Korie started to walk away after Zane told her that he will protect the princess, Sittra spoke again but this time to Korie. He talked about Barnabas's ability to freeze and then kill them with just a look. Korie stopped walking and Zane also fell silent. They both remember back to that time three years ago when both Korie and Zane faced off against Barnabas. Finally, Korie spoke. "There is a way to overcome that. But that's not his greatest ability. From the looks of the battle that took place here, he didn't use his true ability. He didn't even lift a finger to fight did he?" asked Korie as he turned to Sittra and to the group. "If he did, then this building would not be here", said Korie.

Korie looked to the group and then at Zane. "I have to go but if you want to help Zane in protecting the princess then you should ask Zane what he is really capable of", said Korie as she pointed to Zane. After Korie had said that Sittra spoke up again saying how he doesn't want to learn to fight after Caster offered to teach him and Kirara. It was obviously clear that Sittra didn't want to be involved. Zane was about to say something to Sittra telling him he doesn't need to get involved but after Kiara agreed to learn how to fight, it was then that Sittra took action. He walked past him and Korie and went outside while saying to go. Zane smirked. This guy is really an interesting character. Zane walked up to Korie. "Is it okay if we can get a carriage from the royal guards?", asked Zane. Korie looked at him and nodded. "I will make the arrangements", she said as she walked out of the tavern and went to the Royal Guards to procure a carriage that will be able to carry them all to their location.

Zane also walked out now and followed after Korie and the Royal Guard who was now getting a wagon. After their ride has been arranged, Zane would sit down in order to direct and drive the horses to their destination. He would then turn to Korie. "Be careful. And don't take him on alone.", he said to Korie. Korie looked at him and smiled. "Don't worry I will be careful. Besides, I have been training the last three years just to take him down", said Korie. Zane nodded to her. He then looks over to the group. "Come on, our ride is ready", said Zane. Once everyone boarded, Zane would take off in the direction that Caster would tell him to go.

Last edited:
🦊CASTER RUMERES🦊
INTERACTION: VorpalSW VorpalSW Alisutte Alisutte Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan

1686159234452.jpeg

Caster was confused about the ‘punky thug’ comment. Mainly because it is normal to know how to fight, especially when being an adventurer, it’s also normal for people like her brother who aren’t a knight or an adventurer to know how as well. Or well, as far as she knew, anyway. She causally turned into a silver fox in front of everyone merely to spite Sittra for being a donkey’s butt. she let Sittra go through his 30 stages of confusion before she learned they were going by carriage. The ride shouldn’t be too awfully long especially when they’re going by carriage, so she figured she wouldn’t have too much trouble turning back once they arrived.

“Alright”

She explained

“They are at my brother’s house. I’ll direct us there.”

The thought also came across, considering she could use fox speed. She could possibly run there while they took the carriage. Then she remembered they needed someone to direct them and it was easy to lose her in the shadow of trees and what not. So she sat beside Zane and asked.

“Everyone in? Alright, we are going to the outskirts of obsidian. First we’ll go to that area in general, then we’ll have to abandon the carriage because it’s too big and can’t climb through trees.”

She stated that the last part should be obvious. Her brother didn’t live inside of obsidian because it was too crowded and most creatures tend to be too loud. Human Sittra felt like a prime example of that.

“There is a route there nearby. Zane do you know it or will I guide us along that route?”

(Fun fact about foxes! Red foxes and Silver foxes can run 31 miles an hour!)

Last edited:
Kan Argent

Mention: (everyone that had talked in the tavern when Korie arrived)
Directly talking to Korie( VorpalSW VorpalSW )

Kan, having silently tagged along the way, trying his best just to stay on Korie's tail. He followed her into a tavern that had few royal guards nearby to fill her in on what happened. He stood behind Korie with his arms crossed and mouth shut, trying his best to look like he just tagged along to assist Korie in the matter. He was here to help, after all.
Then, the woman engulfed her formidable weapon in water and had it disappear into thin air. It was probably a magic of some sort, a kind he was not familiar with. It sure did seem convenient, however- instead of carrying all that weight, she could have it stored elsewhere. To say he was not envious would've been a lie.
His moment of inner gawking was cut short when Korie asked a guard for a briefing. There seemed to have been an unpleasant encounter, judging by the knight's reaction to the mention of a name.

Involuntarily extending his period of silence due to the rush of information, Kan remained behind Korie throughout the exchange inside the tavern. There was much to process, and it seemed like a bad decision to interrupt any of the conversations going on for basic questions. He was better off gathering information in silence.
The fellow by the name of Zane as on his way to assist his friend in danger, who was not here anymore. There were some complications going on, like the guard back at the streets had stated, though the focus had moved on from that at the moment. ...Barnabas was the name of this figure of terror that seemed to have swept by. Whoever he was, he was exceptionally strong and most likely with ill intentions. Not to mention Korie seemed to have a personal score to settle with him.

Kan turned to look at the gathering of people depart to find this Ariel and Odd, departing on a carriage that Korie was kind enough to provide them with. The number of people gathered seemed enough to help out a couple of people- while Korie seemed to go off alone.

"...I know we didn't meet in best terms."
Kan finally opened his mouth to Korie.
"But I am willing to help."

Korie Obsidian

Interacting with: Kan ( RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan )

• Once Zane and the rest were on the carriage and were on their way to the unknown location of Odd and Ariel, Korie now had to think about what she had to do to track down Barnabas. She was alone in this facing against Barnabas. Truth be told, she didn't know if she even stood against him. But it was more dangerous to let him roam free. She has to stop him or at least know what he is up to. She look to the patron of the tavern that was now outside resting and calming down after being in that tragic event. Perhaps, it would be best to talk to those who were there. As she was making her way to them, she stopped when she heard Kan speaking to her. Kan explain to her that they didn't meet on the best terms but he was willing to help.

Korie appreciate the help but questions of a stranger wanting to help her when they were half an hour ago were enemies did bring doubt to Korie. Plus he will not get anything in return. "Why? Know that there won't be any reward for helping me. Plus, the person I am after is dangerous and you can very well lose your life. I also cannot protect you if you are in danger", she told him bluntly. She then turned around and began to walk away before stopping again to speak. "But it is your freedom to do as you please. Just don't get in my way", she would say. She then walked away from him allowing Kan to weigh his decisions and option and decide if helping her is what he really wants to do. No matter what he decides, Korie would approach the patron and began to speak to them.

After speaking with them, she will be told the narrative of what had happened through the eyes of the witness. The patron would explain how they were enjoying a drink one moment and then the next moment they were frozen unable to move. She spoke details of the group that stood up to Barnabas but how their attacks had no effect. Arrows, bottles, and a person charging at them all were completely stopped without Barnabas needing to lift a finger. But one of the patrons did hear something that Barnabas had said right after he placed his hold over all of them. He said: "I told the current King that I can handle this without help but he wanted to ensure that both Odd and Ariel are married." The current King? Her brother? Barnabas was working for him? How could he? He knows that Barnabas was the one who killed their father. But then again, could it be possible that her brother was behind the killing of their father? There were rumors of this, however, that her brother was behind the killing of the late father. But Ariel had investigated these rumors and she told Korie that it was not true. But could it be true?

"It looks like I will need to speak to my brother", said Korie under her breath. Before she can assume the worst, she needs to hear his side of the story.

Zane Tri-Heart

Interacting with: Sittra ( Alisutte Alisutte ), Kirara ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ), Caster ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )

• After everyone had boarded the wagon, Zane commanded the horses to take off now. As they were riding, Caster shifted into her fox animal form and sat next to Zane as he drove the wagon. He was asked by Caster if he knew the route once they reach the outskirts of Obsidian. "I am somewhat familiar with the area. I have done my training there. There is a temple that I use to stay at and where I used to train which is also located on the outskirts of Obsidian. But, I think it is better if you direct us on where to go when we have to leave the wagon" said Zane.

They were making record speeds as fast as they can to reach the outskirts of the Obsidian Kingdom. Zane was also going at a comfortable speed so that it would be comfortable for everyone who was inside the wagon. Because there was nothing for miles, Zane's mind started to wander. His thoughts went to Korie and her persistence to go after Barnabas. This caused Zane to worry. He knew that Korie would be fine after all she was a Knight of the Obsidian Order. And he had seen her in combat. But three years ago, they were completely overwhelmed by Barnabas. The former King fought beside them but he ended up getting killed in battle against Barnabas. However, thanks to the former King he was able to force Barnabas to retreat. Zane never really forgotten that day and he still replays the day's event in his mind.

After a while, the group finally made it to the outskirts of the Obsidian Kingdom. Eventually, Zane stopped the wagon at the area where they were supposed to get out and start walking and possibly they may have to climb trees to get to their location. He turned to Caster then. "Feel free to lead the way", said Zane to the fox.

🦊CASTER RUMERES🦊
INTERACTION: VorpalSW VorpalSW Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Alisutte Alisutte

“Alright, this way everyone!” She remained in her animal form and moved forward on the mushy grass. The bushes were prickly and you had to squeeze between the trees to get through. Eventually, after a roughly ten minute walk, there was a small house made out of oak wood in front of a smaller cave. If Caster were to guess, that was mostly like where her brother cached extra food. She decided to shift back into her human form, which was followed by a little bit of difficulty. She dusted off the skirt of her dress quickly before saying.

“Here we are. Small, but that’s to be expected from a 17-year-old boy who lives alone.”

She led them to the front door and knocked.

“Princess? Odd? Jasper? I’m here! Along with a guy named Zane, a pink-haired girl whose name is Kirara and A worlder named Sittra.”

She listened for movement. And she heard vague voices before knocking again.

“It’s Caster”

She did not hear her brother though. Which confirmed that he was out cold. The magic used took it’s toll.​

Sittra Aesop
Konachan.com - 212403 all_male blonde_hair cropped glasses haikyuu!! headphones male scarf swo...jpg
Location: From "Tavern Drinks all Around" to "In front of the house of Jasper"
Interactions: Kirara Genkei ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ) && Caster Rumeres ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune ) && Zane Tri-Heart ( VorpalSW VorpalSW )
Mentions: Kan Argent ( RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan )​

The last thing Sittra saw of the street was the person who came with Korie to the tavern, a tower of a man with an equally proportionate sword, before the door was closed and the green-eyed woman was rapidly replaced by a fox.
For a while Sittra could do nothing but look at the animal which replaced her. He was quite surprised, even though he already saw her brother Jasper do that earlier when he fought Barnabas' friends (he didn't want to recall how Barnabas killed his own allies, however) but he wasn't as surprised as he could be were he to encounter this just when he found himself in this place. He wasn't quite sure what to think of this still, if he was lying in a coma, maybe his drug usage caused a spontaneous stroke or something, then sure, why wouldn't such things be possible? Or maybe he is just having a dream. Sittra pinched his head just to be sure, but nothing seemed to have happened. There was no way he ended up "in another world", was there? Something like that was much less likely. He supposed there was nothing he could do now to find out the solution to his dilemma. His emotional space gave way to something different, as he observed the fox speak to Zane with Cas' voice, an urge to pet the creature reverberated through Sittra's mind, despite him not being exactly an animal person, though he liked humans well enough. For whatever reason, Sittra resisted the urge.
The streets of whatever town they were in were replaced after dozens of minutes into open fields. The man's eyes were glued to the view as they passed the voluminous spaces, it certainly wasn't something he saw everyday. As the carriage stopped, their unboarding destination apparently reached, Sittra jumped from it, and looked around at the forest before them. He inhaled the air as he looked around. He felt pretty good about this place, it looked green and relaxing. However, his good nature-induced mood was replaced by irritation as he made his way through the bushes and the crowded trees. "Why must", he said, as he pricked himself on a plant, "this place", another one, after which he asked, frustrated, "be so lame? Who builds a house in the middle of the forest anyway?"
He glared at Cas before what he was sure would be a smart-ass comment; Sittra decided to beat her to it, "foxes, right? Because you're 'foxes', who live in forests. Look at me, I am a 'fox'". He said the last part in a mocking tone as he parodied a walk of the fox, feeling unhappy about the path to this house. Apparently, a bit of inconvenience was enough to ruin Sittra's good mood.
Still, he looked the house over. Reluctantly, he admitted that the house was impressive in a historical way, which looked to him like depictions of these ancient wooden cabins.
"It's Caster."
At hearing Cas say that, Sittra became slightly interested.
He exclaimed with exaggerated surprise in his tone, "Wait, your name is Caster?!"
He didn't think much of it, hearing the dark-haired woman being addresed as Cas by her brother and assumed it was her name. Now that he heard her apparently call herself "Caster", he supposed this extremely unexpected development of Cas really being a nickname of sorts or short for Caster meant as much sense as anything in this world as he filed it away in his mind.
He felt irked at the fact that they had to wait even two seconds, but he nonetheless turned to Zane and called, "Zane, was it? What is it that Barnabas can do?"
While asking the question, Sittra felt a very good idea flash into his mind, and after asking his question, he turned his head away from Zane in the direction of the house and opened his mouth for a scream. "Hey, open up, it's me, Barnabas!" he did his best to imitate Barnabas' tone of voice. Why would Sittra decide to do that? Who knows. Perhaps he wanted to spook the people inside to open up quicker or avenge the two impatient seconds of his life during which the door was yet to be opened because of his sour mood. Or maybe he was just an asshole.

Last edited:

Zane Tri-Heart

Odd Chainbunckle

Interacting with: Sittra ( Alisutte Alisutte ), Kirara ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ), Caster ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )

• Once they disembark from the wagon, the group slowly made their way to the home of Jasper. According to the group, Jasper was the one who helped Odd and Ariel escaped when Barnabas had appeared. But why was Barnabas there in the first place? And how did he know Odd and Ariel will be there? But then again their pattern of behavior was pretty common if someone observed both him and Odd. Odd would make some trouble or get into trouble and he will get him out of his mess. Then once Zane dealt with the situation he would meet up with Odd at the Drinks All Around. But sounds like the trouble that Odd got himself into now is pretty serious especially if Barnabas was involved.

As Zane was thinking about these things, Zane was able to climb through the trail that Caster led them through until they find a small cabin. He could hear Sittra complaining the entire way obviously he was not used to this world and it will probably take some time for him to adjust. Well at the moment, Zane couldn't completely trust this group. It might be even possible that he might be leading Barnabas to Odd and Ariel's location. But at least he will be there.

Once they got to the door, Caster spoke up first telling Jaster that it was him. While they waited, Sittra turned to Zane and asked him what Barnabas can do. Zane was about to answer until Sittra spoke trying to imitate Barnabas as best as possible and trying to scare those who are inside who might already be traumatized by the event that occurred. Zane looked at Sittra with a displeased expression. Obviously, his respect went down considerably a lot for Sittra. Zane didn't say anything to him and he didn't even bother to answer his question. But Zane's expression said it all. He walked forward to the cabin. "Odd, it's me. I am here", he yelled.

Meanwhile, Odd, Ariel, and Jasper were inside the cabin. Ariel was tucked away at the corner of the house while Odd was taking care of Jasper. Odd was able to get some warm water and place a warm towel on his forehead to keep his fever down. He was watching him for a while. Maybe it was an hour or two before he heard a knock. Odd got up and Ariel also jumped to her feet. Odd came out of the room and glanced at Ariel who had a face of fear. Then Odd heard a voice outside saying 'It's Caster'. That voice, Odd recognize that it was the woman who stayed behind to fight against Barnabas. Odd was about to come and open the door before he heard a very rough imitation of Barnabas. Obviously, it wasn't Barnabas but someone thought it would be funny to scare the people inside. Which can be really messed up. Odd didn't care because he knew it was Barnabas but he looked over to Ariel who became even more scared than a moment ago. "Hey, it's okay", whispered Odd to Ariel.

But a few seconds later, he heard Zane's voice. "Zane!?" he yelled out from the other side of the door. But before Odd can reach to open the door, Ariel who had isolated herself to the corner of the room came rushing towards the door. She quickly opened the door and she leaped out of the cabin towards Zane. "ZANE!!", she cried happily as she came running out of the door and ran to him hugging him as she did. Zane took a few steps back from the sudden charge from Ariel but Zane stood his ground. He then can hear Ariel weeping. "I am so glad it's you. I am so glad that you are here", said Zane. It was obvious from Ariel's tone that she thought of Zane very highly. Odd then walked out of the cabin looking at Zane and then at the group that was there. Zane looked up to Odd and Odd looked to Zane. He just waved his hand in a gesture of hello to everyone there. Odd then looked to Ariel who is all over Zane now. "Hey, buddy hands of my fiancee", chuckled Odd as he was clearly making a joke out of it. Zane looked up at Odd and gave him an annoyed face. Zane sighed and he looked down to Ariel. "Yea, I am glad both you and Odd are okay," said Zane as he gently pulled Ariel off him. "I guess we should go inside", said Zane.

Korie Obsidian

• Once Zane and the rest were on the carriage and were on their way to the unknown location of Odd and Ariel, Korie now had to think about what she had to do to track down Barnabas. She was alone in this facing against Barnabas. Truth be told, she didn't know if she even stood against him. But it was more dangerous to let him roam free. She has to stop him or at least know what he is up to. She look to the patron of the tavern that was now outside resting and calming down after being in that tragic event. Perhaps, it would be best to talk to those who were there. As she was making her way to them, she stopped when she heard Kan speaking to her. Kan explain to her that they didn't meet on the best terms but he was willing to help.

Korie appreciate the help but questions of a stranger wanting to help her when they were half an hour ago were enemies did bring doubt to Korie. Plus he will not get anything in return. "Why? Know that there won't be any reward for helping me. Plus, the person I am after is dangerous and you can very well lose your life. I also cannot protect you if you are in danger", she told him bluntly. She then turned around and began to walk away before stopping again to speak. "But it is your freedom to do as you please. Just don't get in my way", she would say. She then walked away from him allowing Kan to weigh his decisions and option and decide if helping her is what he really wants to do. No matter what he decides, Korie would approach the patron and began to speak to them.

After speaking with them, she will be told the narrative of what had happened through the eyes of the witness. The patron would explain how they were enjoying a drink one moment and then the next moment they were frozen unable to move. She spoke details of the group that stood up to Barnabas but how their attacks had no effect. Arrows, bottles, and a person charging at them all were completely stopped without Barnabas needing to lift a finger. But one of the patrons did hear something that Barnabas had said right after he placed his hold over all of them. He said: "I told the current King that I can handle this without help but he wanted to ensure that both Odd and Ariel are married." The current King? Her brother? Barnabas was working for him? How could he? He knows that Barnabas was the one who killed their father. But then again, could it be possible that her brother was behind the killing of their father? There were rumors of this, however, that her brother was behind the killing of the late father. But Ariel had investigated these rumors and she told Korie that it was not true. But could it be true?

"It looks like I will need to speak to my brother", said Korie under her breath. Before she can assume the worst, she needs to hear his side of the story.

Kan Argent

Interaction: Korie ( VorpalSW VorpalSW )

"I'll keep that in mind."

Kan didn't seem to hesitate. Although his initial interference was from the spark of curiosity, after the set of events he went through Kan was genuinely willing to help. He caught up with Korie with little to no delay, making sure to walk a few steps behind instead of right beside her. Following the knight, he was able to get more insight on what happened before their arrival thanks to the patron's explanation. Having dealt with mostly dangerous monsters in the wild, this was some sorcery that Kan himself hardly got to witness. Sure, he's seen hunters capable of some magic that helped make the job easy, but nothing as grand as stopping an entire tavern of hostility without moving an inch. It made sense that Korie was willing to make no promise of safety.
But danger was what Kan lived with, most of the times. Even the home he found as relatively safe was always open to the danger of an angry wildlife monster storming in while most of them were asleep. He couldn't exactly measure the scale of threat that this Barnabas was, but it would be a good experience no matter the ending.

Korie, after assessing the situation, muttered something under her breath. Kan wasn't close enough to understand what she said but decided not to dig into her talking to herself. There were more important matters at hand, like getting more information on the enemy.
Kan was lucky enough to not see or hear of Barnabas in his life. Through his short speculation, it was mostly because he had nothing to do with the royal family or anyone related to them. Judging by the knight's reaction when she heard that fellow's name, there was some terrible happening in the past between the two. That was easy to see. But what mattered for now was what he was capable of, and how to overcome or avoid those threats. Like feeble men bringing down a giant armored lizard with bows and spears, maybe a well strategized hunt could bring down this terror of a man.
"...so. Do you mind me asking about this Barnabas? What he can do?"
He was careful to keep a cautious tone, not to sound too cocky or disrespectful of the knight before him. Last thing he wanted to do was provoke a colleague in a to be battle.

🦊JASPER KITLYN AND CASTER RUMERES🦊
INTERACTION: VorpalSW VorpalSW Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Alisutte Alisutte

When Jasper woke up, his head was hammering and he felt like he was sweating. At least it was a mix of some lukewarm water and sweat. He opened his eyes and his vision adjusted to his surroundings. He recognized the interior of his home. He was hoping to have adapted but his senses had woken up faster then his mind did. He jerked up to the sudden noises of people. He usually wasn’t one for visitors and this was one of the reasons why he jerked up suddenly. It took him a minute to process the voices.

‘I recognize them…or well, most of them’

He was familiar with Odd's voice, sort of. Same with the princess sorta kinda, as familiar as he could be considering it was, one conversation which was supposed to be a distraction. He also recognized the voice of the woman who claimed to be his sister, There were also some other voices he wasn’t familiar with. He sighed and got up. He stumbled his way out the door, his brain still felt heavy and things still felt cold, the dizziness was still in effect to boot. However, he made it in time to see the lovely reunion.

“So this is Zane? Odds mentioned you a number of times”

Then he asked, referring to the blonde and the pink-haired girl.

“Who are they? And why was he mimicking the man who could’ve if he hadn’t caused us trauma? And why does he seem to be acting like a child despite the fact he looks like he could be the oldest one here?”

Actually, now that Jasper thought about it, everyone here at least looked from early to late 20s. Caster replied for him.

“The blonde Jackass is Sittra and the pink-haired angel is Kirara! And that’s Zane.”

He nodded, then started coughing. He had to hold himself up with the door frame. After he caught himself, he decided to ask

“And you?”

Caster replies to her brother.

“Long story! Simply, mom likes humans too much. I’ll go into detail when you are better.”

He sighed. Were they actually siblings? He walked inside.

“Everyone’s welcome in. There’s some berries in the cupboard if you don’t like rodents or rabbit meat.”

It wasn’t that he was poor. It’s just that those were just in his diet from his spirit half. He takes no time to sit at the kitchen table. He rests his head on the table, noticing the letter from his father.

‘I forgot about that…’

Caster picked it up and read it.

“So your dad didn’t actually mention me?”

“No” he mutters.

Kirara Genkei

Ohhh, royal carriage. She never ride one before. Does this mean they're officially bodyguards for a royal now? The PPP, Princess Protection Party. Kirara merrily hopped into the wagon and enjoyed the scenery as they speeding up to the outskirt of the kingdom. On the way there she spotted a shocked face of her little brother and she flashed him a smug grin and a thumb up at him. Next time they bicker she would absolutely rubbed the fact that she protected the princess on his face, that surely would make him super jealous.

Kirara was more of a city person so didn't really enjoy trudging through the forest but she had no problem keeping up with the pace. She just wished she brought something like a machete or better, her chainsaw. It was still a prototye but she's confident it can make quick work of any bushes. Once they arrived in front of the house, she let out a sigh of relief. The house was much smaller than she thought but at this point she just want to put something between her and the forest. Sittra for some reason tried to impersonate the Barnabas and Kirara elbowed his ribs.

"Kirara Protection Service doesn't include any protection against getting impaled through a door for saying dumb things." She said.

The door opened and thankfully no one threw a spear at Sittra. The sickly looking Jasper greeted them and Caster quickly introduced them, seemed like her hair was the thing that stood out the most for Caster, huh. She also noticed something that puzzled her.

"Huh? I thought you two already know each other??" She asked both Caster and Jasper. So far caster spoke of him as if they're already familiar. Heck, she even know the location of this secret cabin. Though Jasper didn't seems to know her.

VorpalSW VorpalSW DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Alisutte Alisutte

🦊CASTER RUMERES AND JASPER KITLYN🦊
INTERACTION: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread VorpalSW VorpalSW Alisutte Alisutte

Caster replies to Kirara. Calling out to her from the kitchen table as well as the others.

“I should specify, we are half siblings. We share the same mom who just so happens to be the parent that’s a fox spirit. I learned about Jasper when I was 12 through a letter our mother took time to send me… I never went out of my way to meet him. Not until this morning. Everything I know about him his dad told me.”

Jasper Asks Caster

“And what made you go out of your way to meet me now exactly?”

Caster explains

“Originally, I came back into the kingdom because my exploration team disbanded and I thought, ‘Hey why not ask Jasper if he’d be interested in becoming, a adventurer? I am sure he’d make a great scout!’”

Jasper remarked quietly.

“Of course, you only get involved when you need something. Sounds like our mother alright.”

Caster was visibly hurt by that comment. But she still understood, he had a point.

“I won’t argue with that. I should’ve at least sent letters. I should’ve gotten in contact with you instead of your dad. I could’ve done a lot more than what I did. And my goal was never to make you agree. I came by earlier to ask and you were gone, so I decided to go get a drink at the tavern. Oh how fun that coincidence ended up being.”

This practically explained her story. Her reason for being there. How was she involved in the first place.

She then says

“But considering all that’s happened…it would probably be the perfect time for you and me to bond! If you are up for that?”

Jasper replies.

“We’ll see. We’re practically all stuck together considering Barnabus might be after all of us for being remotely involved. Nothing guaranteed or set in stone though.”

He kept his head resting on the counter. Jaspers' vision was still dancing a bit and he felt weak and achy.​

Last edited:

Korie Obsidian

Korie was lost in thought. It was probably a good idea to go see the current King. Already Barnabas said that he was under the orders of the current King. But Barnabas claiming to work for King John III and this sudden marriage proposal between Odd and Ariel, was this all a political ploy? Korie knew for a fact that there is a benefactor that is backing Barnabas and it might be someone within the royal family or who is serving the royal family. Yes, the best bet is to talk to King John III and get to the bottom of this issue. But as she was processing the information in her head that was when Kan approached Korie interrupting her train of thought. She looked at him as if he wanted to know information about Barnabas. A

If he was going to get himself involve in this situation, then it is better that Kan knows everything he needs to know about Barnabas. She then glanced at the victims from the Drinks All Around Tavern, she can still see some of them were shaken. She then looked back to Kan. "Barnabas has trained himself in how to exert his will over others. In other words, Barnabas is a Will Force practitioner", said Korie. Korie then proceeded to explain what a will-force practitioner is. "Everyone has free will and therefore everyone can make their own choices and act on their own", said Korie. "But Barnabas has trained himself in how to use his own willpower to override the will of others. It is akin to that between a predator and a prey. When prey is met with a predator, they are too scared to move because of the dominating presence of the predator. It is also possible that prey may die from the fear. Barnabas can do that at will and from the reports from the others he was able to command individuals to die and they did. Only those with a strong will can resist him.", explained Korie. She then looked to the victims of the patron. "From the looks of it, you are experienced in fighting. So I am pretty sure that Barnabas will not be able to exert his will over you. However, merely having a strong will is not enough to stand up to him. Not only can he exert his will on people but he can also exert his will on his environment such as increasing the air pressure around him to slow down attacks for example", said Korie.

"But that is not all he can do. He also has an ability. He has the power to produce and generate lightning and become lightning himself", said Korie. "After listening to the accounts of the other patron and the guards' reports, he didn't use it. I guess he didn't feel it was necessary to use it. But I am glad he didn't otherwise there probably would have been more casualty.", said Korie. Then suddenly something clicked in Korie's head. "Wait, lightning", said Korie. Korie then immediately rushed to the tavern but to the back. Perhaps Kan would follow after her as she was having this eureka moment. "I am pretty sure it is here somewhere", she said. She was looking at the ground when she saw a charred blackened area on the ground. "Yea, he was definitely here. Guess he used his ability and transformed into lightning and disappeared. Guess that's how he was able to evade us these past three years", said Korie. She then looked up to the sky. "I think I might have a lead. We have to talk to the current King, King John. Barnabas claims that he is working for him but I believe my brother John is not. But, I still want to see what he says", explained Korie.

Last edited:
Gamila

Obscure Alleyway > Drinks all around Tavern

With cue to move towards the wave rider, her boots jogged into the main cobblestone street. Her senses when it comes to something is off have been quite a talent sometimes. "It is great to meet you, Misha. I must admit, this is the first time I have seen a Goliath. Do Goliaths really have that many arms?" A minor small talk while crossing the streets. The moisture and the presence of magic were still strong to detect for the half-drow, the speeding wave rider didn't seem to have traveled far given that have seem to have been taking a few turns to take a shortcut to a popular place among locals. The face of the Alchemist had a hint of confidence, followed by a slight decline in jog speed.

"You don't happen to be an adventurer yourself, are you? Also please, It's just, Gamilla." Her reply to whatever answer the giant gives will be given later as she points ahead to a rather normal-looking bar. "The track stops there. Let us proceed with caution." Stopping at the door handle

Slowly opening to the new scenery, Gamilla's face became one of shock and confusion. The bar had a commotion not too long ago, some chairs flipped over, and drinks spilled. The most concerning was the patrons having this stiff posture and look of pure terror in their eyes. There were a few standing royal guards scattered in the tavern. Instinctually, she rushed over to the sitting patrons, trying to search for the most sober one. It wasn't a hard find as the most scared-looking was fidgeting in his seat.

"What happened here?" She asks in a demanding manner. Her hand holds onto the bald bearded man, and even with the gloves on the chill crept through her palm and fingers. The man eventually slowly explained the situation. Simply nodding to the explanation later on. Gamilla heads to the counter asking the Bartender to not serve the drinks briefly until further notice. "I wish I could brew the ingredients for their shakiness but I lack the ingredients for the moment, We must move forward, Misha." Motioning the giant to follow along.

Gamila's ears perked up to a mumbling conversation from around the corner. There she would see the backs of to individuals who appear to be investigating. Both having blades sheathed gives that the two have been sent to investigate, only one of them was familiar and who she is after. She only caught half of the explanation, but she was who the suspect caused this scene.

"Ahem, Pardon me, Madam. Are you two leading the investigation? I've heard from the locals that a man named Barnabas has recently made a scene here?" As soon the two would turn she'd nod as a brief bow in their presence.

"Greetings, I came to aid here soon as I heard of what has happened. I am Gamilla, I'm the Local Herbalist. I told the bartender to cease serving drinks as I don't who have inflicted this shaking side-effect until I heard the suspect's name, no patron should be drinking that state. Are the accounts here aligned to your investigation?" Folding her arms, looking to the blue-haired woman's accompanying warrior who didn't appear to be quite vocal but seemed his appearance speaks for himself.

Interaction: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 VorpalSW VorpalSW RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan

Last edited:
Sittra Aesop
Interactions: Kirara ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ) && Caster, Jasper ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune ) && Zane, Odd, Ariel ( VorpalSW VorpalSW )​

Sittra turned away from the cabin back to Zane and awaited for his response, but was surprised to see him don a grumpy face as the man stared at him. Sittra scratched the back of his head as he inspected Zane's face, before the other silently turned away without saying anything and called inside the house. What a strange guy, maybe he is shy or doesn't want to talk about that scary dude? Zane's behavior mystified him. His train of thought was interrupted by a elbow in the ribs. The man fell on the ground, groaning in pain. It was quite hard to tell if the elbow really inflicted such immense damage to the body of Sittra that caused such a reaction or whether the blonde man was merely pretending to be in as much pain as his heaped body on the grass indicated. "Seems like it doesn't include protecting against Kirara herself either. This service is corrupt as hell..." he uttered, dramatically gasping for breath between every couple of words and then he dropped his head in the grass as if these words were said on his last breath, as if now he was dead. He wanted to play dead for as long as possible but the excited exclamations he heard muffled through the grass was apparently sufficiently magical to revive his "dead" corpus and possibly turn him into a zombie. His upper body perked up as his blue eyes stared at the scene. His eyes narrowed immediately at Jasper's unjustified words as he jumped to his feet in alarm. "Well, first of all, it was a prank for making us wait! Dude, you might want to woman up a bit. Second of all, I am not acting like a child." with a heated face he raised a finger, pointing in in Jasper's direction to cement his point home. "I'm 29, in fact, just so you know!" he said, as he lied like a champ. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second, forcing himself to calm down from his excited state. It was enough time apparently for Caster to introduce him in the most insulting way possible, as his eyes opened wide. "Hey, you little fox! I resent that, just so you know," he said, the last sentence though he said calmly, unlike the first. "My name is Majestic King Sittra Aesop, thank you very much. Thanks", he said with a straight face as he followed through inside the cabin. It looked small but comfortable enough and he devised a devious plan to consume as much berries as he could stomach. Although that last part made him a bit nauseous. "Wait, you eat rats? That sounds pretty nasty", though an image of a fox popping into his mind prompted him to question, "Is that because you are a, how did Caster call it, 'half-fox spirit'? Man, this sounds so silly..." He positioned himself close to Caster and Jasper as Kirara asked the same question that he himself wanted to ask. Curiously and pryingly he moved a bit so he could read a letter straight from Caster's hands after she picked it up. The guy who wrote the letter seemed like a pretty decent guy, kinda reminded him of his own parents. Sittra quirked an eyebrow at that, but he didn't dwell on the thought about his parents any longer, it brought him fresh discomfort due to the events pertaining to before his appearance in here. He decided to consume some of the berries and begin his plan of "empty Jasper's cupboard" as he walked to it and took out some berries. His mind filled with a sense of schadenfreude as he cackled. "I gotta admit, that's a dick move, and yet you called me a jackass!" then he cackled some more as he returned to the table with a bunch of berries on a random wooden bowl which looked like it belonged to a museum, though it's condition wasn't exactly suitable for one, not worn-looking enough as he looked Caster in the eyes with laughter in his eyes. The berries were rich in his mouth as he closed his eyes in pure bliss. Who knew they could be such a voluminous and juicy joy? Feeling very gracious this moment, Sittra offered it to Jasper. "Here, you can have some. They're supposed to be good for your health? And are these like, natural organic raw forest berries or something? They're totally amazing. Not like the ones you could find in a market" He quickly took out his phone and took a bunch of pictures of these rich looking berries. In the back of his mind he worried that he would be unlikely to find a socket, nor even a charger in this place but memories were memories!
There was one thing Sittra didn't understand, as the man was too terrified to listen to what Barnabas was saying back there in Drinks All Around. Why exactly did he attack the place in the first place?

Last edited:

Korie Obsidian

Korie was lost in thought. It was probably a good idea to go see the current King. Already Barnabas said that he was under the orders of the current King. But Barnabas claiming to work for King John III and this sudden marriage proposal between Odd and Ariel, was this all a political ploy? Korie knew for a fact that there is a benefactor that is backing Barnabas and it might be someone within the royal family or who is serving the royal family. Yes, the best bet is to talk to King John III and get to the bottom of this issue. But as she was processing the information in her head that was when Kan approached Korie interrupting her train of thought. She looked at him as if he wanted to know information about Barnabas. A

If he was going to get himself involve in this situation, then it is better that Kan knows everything he needs to know about Barnabas. She then glanced at the victims from the Drinks All Around Tavern, she can still see some of them were shaken. She then looked back to Kan. "Barnabas has trained himself in how to exert his will over others. In other words, Barnabas is a Will Force practitioner", said Korie. Korie then proceeded to explain what a will-force practitioner is. "Everyone has free will and therefore everyone can make their own choices and act on their own", said Korie. "But Barnabas has trained himself in how to use his own willpower to override the will of others. It is akin to that between a predator and a prey. When prey is met with a predator, they are too scared to move because of the dominating presence of the predator. It is also possible that prey may die from the fear. Barnabas can do that at will and from the reports from the others he was able to command individuals to die and they did. Only those with a strong will can resist him.", explained Korie. She then looked to the victims of the patron. "From the looks of it, you are experienced in fighting. So I am pretty sure that Barnabas will not be able to exert his will over you. However, merely having a strong will is not enough to stand up to him. Not only can he exert his will on people but he can also exert his will on his environment such as increasing the air pressure around him to slow down attacks for example", said Korie.

"But that is not all he can do. He also has an ability. He has the power to produce and generate lightning and become lightning himself", said Korie. "After listening to the accounts of the other patron and the guards' reports, he didn't use it. I guess he didn't feel it was necessary to use it. But I am glad he didn't otherwise there probably would have been more casualty.", said Korie. Then suddenly something clicked in Korie's head. "Wait, lightning", said Korie. Korie then immediately rushed to the tavern but to the back. Perhaps Kan would follow after her as she was having this eureka moment. "I am pretty sure it is here somewhere", she said. She was looking at the ground when she saw a charred blackened area on the ground. "Yea, he was definitely here. Guess he used his ability and transformed into lightning and disappeared. Guess that's how he was able to evade us these past three years", said Korie. She then looked up to the sky. "I think I might have a lead. We have to talk to the current King, King John. Barnabas claims that he is working for him but I believe my brother John is not. But, I still want to see what he says", explained Korie.

Gamila

Obscure Alleyway > Drinks all around Tavern

With cue to move towards the wave rider, her boots jogged into the main cobblestone street. Her senses when it comes to something is off have been quite a talent sometimes. "It is great to meet you, Misha. I must admit, this is the first time I have seen a Goliath. Do Goliaths really have that many arms?" A minor small talk while crossing the streets. The moisture and the presence of magic were still strong to detect for the half-drow, the speeding wave rider didn't seem to have traveled far given that have seem to have been taking a few turns to take a shortcut to a popular place among locals. The face of the Alchemist had a hint of confidence, followed by a slight decline in jog speed.

"You don't happen to be an adventurer yourself, are you? Also please, It's just, Gamilla." Her reply to whatever answer the giant gives will be given later as she points ahead to a rather normal-looking bar. "The track stops there. Let us proceed with caution." Stopping at the door handle

Slowly opening to the new scenery, Gamilla's face became one of shock and confusion. The bar had a commotion not too long ago, some chairs flipped over, and drinks spilled. The most concerning was the patrons having this stiff posture and look of pure terror in their eyes. There were a few standing royal guards scattered in the tavern. Instinctually, she rushed over to the sitting patrons, trying to search for the most sober one. It wasn't a hard find as the most scared-looking was fidgeting in his seat.

"What happened here?" She asks in a demanding manner. Her hand holds onto the bald bearded man, and even with the gloves on the chill crept through her palm and fingers. The man eventually slowly explained the situation. Simply nodding to the explanation later on. Gamilla heads to the counter asking the Bartender to not serve the drinks briefly until further notice. "I wish I could brew the ingredients for their shakiness but I lack the ingredients for the moment, We must move forward, Misha." Motioning the giant to follow along.

Gamila's ears perked up to a mumbling conversation from around the corner. There she would see the backs of to individuals who appear to be investigating. Both having blades sheathed gives that the two have been sent to investigate, only one of them was familiar and who she is after. She only caught half of the explanation, but she was who the suspect caused this scene.

"Ahem, Pardon me, Madam. Are you two leading the investigation? I've heard from the locals that a man named Barnabas has recently made a scene here?" As soon the two would turn she'd nod as a brief bow in their presence.

"Greetings, I came to aid here soon as I heard of what has happened. I am Gamilla, I'm the Local Herbalist. I told the bartender to cease serving drinks as I don't who have inflicted this shaking side-effect until I heard the suspect's name, no patron should be drinking that state. Are the accounts here aligned to your investigation?" Folding her arms, looking to the blue-haired woman's accompanying warrior who didn't appear to be quite vocal but seemed his appearance speaks for himself.

Interaction: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 VorpalSW VorpalSW RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan

Kan Argent
Interactions: VorpalSW VorpalSW Korie, Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Gamila

Will Force. Turning into lightning. Barnabas was starting to sound like a fairytale monster. A bizarre creature that lurks among men, scares people just by growling, and hurls away in a storm of thunder and lightning. Surely a good scare to keep nasty children in check. And it was lucky that this freakish man did not release his full capacity in the middle of a bustling tavern, or the two would've arrived to a more uncomfortable sight.
Although Kan himself the whimsical ability to light his sword on fire, he was not familiar with this art of Will Force. But Korie's explanation of it and how Barnabas could use it was good enough to show how much of a threat their target was. At the same time, he was left wondering if he himself could learn this art himself. It was a refreshing experience, to hunt down a person- he had only done it once, and that was a long time ago. Here he was, about to do it again for a similar cause of preventing sinister outcomes.

Kan followed Korie in her moment of enlightenment. What the knight had found was a section of the street's floor charred, as if a ball of fire had landed on the spot. Or a bolt of lightning, as Korie pointed out. Having the feat of turning into a lightning to escape his pursuers was a big variable in the pursuit. Without a clear way to know how far Barnabas can go, and how frequently he can use the ability, tracking down the culprit would be a tough journey. Or that was what Kan thought, so far. Maybe there was a way to solve that problem.
"The king?"
He was evidently surprised when the knight made a sudden leap of thought.
"...if you need to consult him privately, I'd be better off waiting outside."

The two were interrupted by a hooded woman who introduced herself as a herbalist. One that decided to join in on investigating the Barnabas case. The more the merrier, especially if it was someone like a herbalist. But, seeing as Korie got to call the shots so far, he turned to the knight so that she could have the final say. Regardless of that decision, Kan turned to the new figure.
"We were investigating his possible whereabouts. Are you after him as well?"

🕊RHEO LIENIA🕊
INTERACTION: VorpalSW VorpalSW RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

As everyone was arriving on the scene. A dove flew to a tree, waiting. He saw the human and Waterrain, who lead the guards, begin handling things with everything being explained to the human. The Dove couldn’t help but over hear. He didn’t know who the human or drow were but he at least knew Korie was of royal blood and that her brother, the obsidian's current king was somehow involved. If this was a result of possible corruption or worse, he needed to know. Before the blue-haired woman got to respond, The Dove flew down to the ground and shifted into a more humanoid form. He couldn’t do much with his wings or talons and he left his sword at his students' residence. He walked up and asked.

“I am quite curious about what happened as well. I cannot offer medical care but I am sure the remaining victims are quite shaken up. I may be able to assist mentally.”

Rheo had experience with psychic magic, a power that focused on the mind. While The Dove spirit had a different mind set than those of humans or drows, he still had a basic understanding when it came to assisting with trauma, panic attacks and the like. Such are the things that came from that area of magic. He’d have to be careful about how he approached the situation.

1684998517085.png

Misha zilano
interaction: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
“Oh well I’d call myself a traveling adventurer yes or freelance wizard to a degree“ he’d say with a small hum as they headed towards the tavern “welp onwards to suppose hopefully there friendly!” He’d state with A small grin, as they entered the mood sowered he was towering behind the elf girl looking rather intimidating and flamboyant. “… hmm bad fight I suppose right then you lot if youve still got some fight I suggest avoiding it ok?” He’d say with his arms crossed annoyed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back