• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Adventure World of Pangea - Accepting

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Zane Tri-Heart

Odd Chainbunckle

Ariel Obsidian

Interacting with: Sittra ( Alisutte Alisutte ), Kirara ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ), Caster ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )

• Once they were all inside, Zane, Odd, and Ariel were all huddled in a corner. Zane was looking over the two. "Are you both okay?", asked Zane. To which both Odd and Ariel nodded to him. "Good", said Zane. He then directed his eyes at Ariel. "Now, what is this about you getting married to Odd?", asked Odd. Ariel looked up at him. She was not shaking anymore as she was able to recover from her experience with Barnabas. "It was my brother's idea. He wanted me to marry Odd because ever since Father died he became paranoid of the threats beyond the Great Divide. Since you know that Barnabas is an invader from beyond the Great Divide", said Ariel. Zane looked at her. There were rumors of the current King becoming eradicated and unhinged ever since the death of his Father. The reason was that the Kingdom of Obsidian was attacked by invaders from beyond the Great Divide. One of those invaders was Barnabas. "What does that have to do with Odd? His family owns a shipbuilding company", said Odd. It was at this point that Odd spoke up. "It's probably because my parents have the brightest shipwrights under their employment. The King can give his resources to my family in order for my family to build warships to protect against any future threats" said Odd. To which Zane responded to him, "Then why not enter into a government contract with your family then? This still does not provide enough reason for you and Ariel to get married", said Zane. "Your right, Zane. My brother can just enter into a government contract with Odd's family. But there is a secret to Odd's family. Odd, you are aware that your family, your great great grandfather was an adventurer right?" Ariel asked Odd. Odd nodded. "Yes, he is. That's the reason why I want to become an adventurer just like my great-great-grandfather", said Odd proudly.

"Well, the descendants of the Obsidian family were a companion of your great-great grandfather. And they traveled with him. It is rumored that my family and your family traveled all of Pangea and have created a map of the entire world. But my brother believes that map is with your family. Hence, my brother is hoping to marry me off to you so that he can have access to that map" said Ariel.

Korie Obsidian

Interacting with: Kan (@RandomBlobMan), Gamila ( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ), Misha ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ), Rheo ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune ), George

Korie nodded to Kan. "Thanks, I appreciate it. It will be better if I spoke to the King in private. I also don't want to bring any strangers to him. Not to offend you, but I can't completely trust you especially when it comes to the safety of the King", she informed Kan. As she was talking to Kan, three other individuals appeared. They showed up unexpectedly. It appears they overheard their conversation with Kan and also learned about the incident. It appears they all want to get involved. A herbalist, a Goliath, and another race that turned from a dove into a humanoid. Similar to the other race that went with Zane but instead of a dove, she had turned into a fox.

"I appreciate all your help but I cannot ask strangers to assist in an investigation particularly one that endangers the Royal Family", said Korie. She was an Obsidian Knight and hence under the employment of the Royal Family. Not only that but she was also related to the Royal Family. Even though she is not the direct heir to the family. "Either way, I will need to speak to the King but I must talk to him privately. I cannot ask strangers to come with me to see the King as quite frankly I don't really know you all as we just met right now", said Korie.

But as Korie was about to turn them down, there was a large commotion. This caught Korie's attention as she walked back to the front of the tavern to see what was going on. As she came to the front, she saw a large entourage of people. There were guards protecting an elaborate wagon. "Announcing your King, King George the Third," said one of the royal officials. 'Guess there is no need for me to go to the palace. He came here", said Korie. Korie looked as her half-brother exited the wagon in his royal garments. He walked into the Drinks All Around Tavern. And as he did, Korie quickly made haste to go inside as well. It was after her duty to protect the King. It was also that she needed to talk to him as well. When Korie entered the tavern with everyone inside, the King looked around. He quietly spoke to one of the officials. "Get them whatever they need. Provide food, blankets as well as any medical attention", said George.

Kirara Genkei

"That... sounds like a complicated family relationship." Kirara raised both of her hands as if she's surrendering. She didn't want to get involved in it so she left them alone and to deal with Sittra's antics. She approached the other trio which seemed to be discussing more serious things. Kirara leaned forward but didn't say anything so she can listen to them.

"Ehh. You mean all of this, the marriage and the kidnapping happens because of a map??" Kirara winced at the thought.

"Is this map points to something very important? Like an interdimensional ancient weapon of mass destruction?" There's a hint of excitement on Kirara's voice despite saying something with dangerous implications. "Should we make sure the map is still in the safe hands then?"

VorpalSW VorpalSW DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Alisutte Alisutte

🦊JASPER KITLYN AND CASTER RUMERES🦊
INTERACTION: VorpalSW VorpalSW Alisutte Alisutte Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Jasper explained.

“On the topic of me being slow to welcome you guys, I do apologize. I just woke up when I heard Odd’s reunion outside. And for your other question, yes, I eat rats along with other small prey and yes, it’s because of the Fox Spirit thing. You don’t have to call it ‘half fox spirit’. You can use any terminology you want in regards to referring to us as such, just as long as it isn’t insulting.”

There wasn’t any terminology for half spirits due to the overwhelming number of animals that do exist. And the other kinds of spirits as well. Though after seeing how he took Jasper’s explanation of the situation, he said,

“can I also ask if it’s too much for you guys to attempt to tolerate each other?”

Caster finally speaks up.

“Okay, I’ll try to tolerate him. Not that I have much of an issue, I just like picking on him—wait, where’s Kirara?”

Caster
saw Kirara talking with the princess, Odd and Zane. It was also easy to over hear the conversation for the siblings, it was at least.

“I’ll see you over there, Sittra. Jasper, any concerns about the discussion can be brought to attention when you feel like it. Assuming you can hear it too?”

He nodded. And explains to Sittra.

“Fox hearing’s a pain. But it can be useful sometimes. I don’t know if she told you but that’s why I speak quietly and I can only assume the same for her, since she’s the same species.”

Jasper
declines his offer of the berries.

“They are good for your health. I am not sick though. I’ve dealt with over usage before. At this point, I am just waiting for the fever to break. After that, I’ll just be a little weak the next few days.”

“Or for the next week!”

Yells Caster as she joins the other four.

“And also, yes, they grow outside obsidians outskirts! And my teacher taught me how to find the good ones. He’s a Dove Spirit. He’s the one who taught me to sword fight among other things as well.”

He points to a sword left on the wall. There also seemed to be an origami dove next to it.

“That’s his. Oh…and he forgot his origami paper thing as well. I’ll return it when I get the chance if he doesn’t pop by. He’s been a bit busy recently.”

Jasper
lays his head down listening.

“I’ll sit here. Go join them if you want to.”

——-

Caster’s way of entering the discussion was by saying.

“Regardless of what it’s for, we still need to find it. Every adventurer has a different map. If we need to, we can replace it with one of my old maps of the unknown. Nothing on it that’s important.”

She then adds

“But that’s if the person holding it isn’t trustable. Was the map left in capable hands?…but the thing is, it sounds like it’s a mere rumor and less a possibility. Is the map perhaps lost?”

She wasn’t going to question the choices of another adventurer. But people also can’t see the future.

Last edited:

Zane Tri-Heart

Odd Chainbunckle

Ariel Obsidian

Interacting with: Sittra ( Alisutte Alisutte ), Kirara ( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ), Caster ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )

• It seems that their conversation was overheard by the others in the group. But it was to be expected. The house didn't provide for much privacy plus Zane caught some of what Jasper said in the background about how an animal spirit's hearing is better at detecting noise than most other species. However, it doesn't matter. This map that belonged to Odd's family was something that Barnabas was after. The others question what the map might be about. Odd went on to explain. "The map that my ancestors created was the map of the entire world of Pangea. Not sure what the map points to but it is rumored according to my great-great grandfather's journal that it is the master map of Pangea. Meaning that map can help you find whatever you are looking for within the world of Pangea. Material, items, specific people. And it can also allow you to travel to different specific points anywhere in Pangea" explained Odd. He looked to the others. "If you think that this is just a piece of parchment, you are very mistaken. But as to the whereabouts of this map of Pangea, I have no clue where it is", explained Odd. "My parents don't believe such a thing exists and it is just a fictional story", said Odd.

"But you don't believe it to be a story right?", asked Ariel. Odd looked at her and nodded to her. "Yea, I believe it is real. But I never went looking for it. One day, I will travel to all of Pangea but I don't want to do it using that map. To me, using that map is cheating and I think the thrill of the adventure is boring. Even if that map exists, I will never use it. I want to create my own map of Pangea", said Odd as he explained his reason for never searching for the map. "But Barnabas and George want to get this map though. Odd, if what you say is true about the map, then in the wrong hands it can be deadly", said Zane. "But what does George want with the map? If Barnabas and George are really working together, what are their reasons? If Barnabas is still going after what he came here for three years ago, then I understand why he needs the map. But what about George?", asked Odd.

This is where Ariel spoke up. "This is just my theory but I think it may have to do with the events of what happened three years ago", said Ariel.

Sittra Aesop
Konachan.com - 212403 all_male blonde_hair cropped glasses haikyuu!! headphones male scarf swo...jpg
Location: Jasper's cabin in the woods on the outskirsts of Obsidian
With: Jasper, Caster DarkKitsune DarkKitsune and Kirara Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread and Odd, Ariel, Zane VorpalSW VorpalSW

Sittra's eyes narrowed slightly as he listened in on what the fox-man was saying. He took another mouthful of the berries in his mouth before he looked over Caster to his right, and then Kirara who was beside him, thoughtfully. The others he noticed were talking in faint tones in a corner of the small room. Who knew what they were talking about? Maybe discussing how to slaughter them or maybe discussing some other private matter, Sittra frankly had no idea. He turned back to eye Jasper again. Nodding, he said, "I see. How do you think 'half-human animal' would sound to you then?" with a slight smirk. He chewed another mouthful of berries, before he put the bowl down. He turned to the trio in the corner of the house, as he strained his ears to listen. He could hear some outlines of the words, but not much, despite the small size of the house. He moved his eyes to the man before him again, as he look with a face that had it's eyes mockingly narrowed. "It's not too much and I frankly have nothing to tolerate in Caster. I was simply expressing my amazement at her hypocrisy, you know, Jasper? She is a fine woman, right?" He trailed off. He shook his head in reply to Caster, who got up to travel far and wide to scout the aforementioned corner. "No, damn you, I can hear very little." He stood up, and adopted an decisive face. "Fine, I'll go with you, who knows what magic they are discussing over there? Wouldn't want them to bewitch us. Right?" However, he paused, as he stood and watched Caster walk away. He was looking at Jasper attentively, as he folded his arms. His face lit up, as he said, "Oh, I see. That's how it is then, eh, Jasper? I thought, I recon these two talk like that for the sake of some style, maybe there's some sort of cult that only speaks quietly, ya know? You never know what people come up with, especially in this part of the world." He shook his head. His face was calm. "This makes more sense. Though, doesn't this also mean that other people talking make you uncomfortable if you hear them talk normally?", he said. After his offer to Jasper to get some berries was refused, the blond appeared to merely shrug in response, as he smiled at him. "Suit yourself, I guess. My point was, that you should get better after good food or something right? Though if this 'overusage' you mentioned is part of your vodoo magic, I guess you should know better. Huh." He hummed as he turned and followed Caster, and he also noted that Kirara joined them, as she was listening attentively, he could tell by her face as he walked closer. It seemed that Jasper was still talking, so he paused again and turned, sitting himself on another chair. "My bad, I really want to hear what these four are talking about so furtively." His eyes followed Jasper's hand as he turned and looked at the wall. Aside from random stuff on it, he saw the pointed out sword and a paper thingie that was apparently called origami. His eyebrows were raised as he looked over Jasper, testing to see whether the man was joking. "Another spirit, dove this time? So, like, you have, spider spirits, I bet, and maybe even pigeon spirits?" He then laughed suddenly. "Maybe you even know some algae spirits?" he said after his laugh. He then looked at the teen with a smile, "Sorry, sorry. It's hard to listen to this stuff, it's quite bizarre." He nodded at him, and stood up, turning around and, folding his arms, walked by the five people talking about random stuff. Namely, some sort of a map. "Ding ding, sounds like a biggest privacy issue there is. I won't ask how this 'magical' map can do that if it's real. And who is George? And I heard Korie said that, wait, this cyan haired girl's name was Korie, right? She said something about training for three years to kill Barnabas and stuff. Certainly hope she succeeds, by the way..." He shook his head. His expression was serious. "Anyway, if this map is actually just as real as turning into a fox is, then I wouldn't want it to fall into some Barnabas' hands, I mean, I don't really get why would he come after me, but, maybe this is some sort of a custom of these lands? 'If you try and kill people left and right and someone tries to prevent you from doing that, you will find anyone who did that even they are just harmless to you' thing? Makes no sense but what else does? So, yeah, let's make sure Barnabas doesn't get this map."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back