• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Academy of Beaufort: The Awakening (NOW OPEN & ACCEPTING)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[div class=container]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡
[div class=sidebar][div class=border1]
[/div][div class=name]Kamaria Aten[/div][div class=info style=display:none][div class=scroll2]location: Masquerade
interations: 0k_mang0 0k_mang0
mentions:
outfit: Dress & Hair, Mask
[/div][/div][div class=border2]
[/div][/div][div class=content][div class=scroll1]
Kamaria allowed a small smile to actually appear on her face. She had always had a love for cats, the culture that she’d been born into so long ago had worshipped the beings and held them in the highest esteem. She could remember how severely those who dare to mistreat or even kill one were punished. The feline before her was very different from her dear Majesty, where her own car lacked fur this one had plenty and it was wonderfully soft as well. Kamaria rubbed the spot that her own cat seemed to be fond of, a little place behind the ear.

Kamaria was pulled from her little slice of heaven when she heard someone speak. Finally she noticed the person beside her. Kamaria eyed him critically as she did with everyone else. She didn’t recognize him, had never seen him around the school before either or maybe she had and the mask was doing its job. She watched as he twisted the ring on his finger and assumed that it was a nervous habit. Her foul mood had been lifted, even if only a little, by his feline companion so she would play nice for now. She raised an arched eyebrow at him. “Boo…? She caught the look that Boo gave her. “That’s interesting...my lovely companion is back home. A Sphynx cat named Majesty.”

Kamaria continued to eye the person beside her. From what she could make out he seemed to be attractive, despite the crooked chin and nervous demeanor. Kamaria saw no fangs as he spoke so she ruled out the possibility of him being a vampire. Given the fact that she’d heard his car speak she was more than sure that he was a witch, weather half or full she had no idea. “I am Kamaria and you are?”
[/div][/div]
[/div]

[class=container] --bg-color-1:#000; --bg-color-2:#afaeae; --color-1: #4c4c4c; --color-2: #ff7caa; --t-color: #3d2427; --img-1: url('https://i.pinimg.com/736x/34/13/c8/3413c84ec38e5ddb995b3c5e719db049.jpg'); --img-2: url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d6/f0/1c/d6f01cb9bbdecd348358e05074131b6a.jpg'); height:320px; width:400px; margin:auto; position:relative; [/class] [class=sidebar] height:300px; width:160px; background-color: var(--bg-color-1); float:left; border-top-left-radius:3px; border-bottom-left-radius:3px; [/class] [class=content] height:284px; width:230px; background-color: var(--bg-color-2); float:left; border-top-right-radius:3px; border-bottom-right-radius:3px; padding:5px; padding-top:8px; padding-bottom:8px; overflow:hidden; text-align:justify; font-size:10px; [/class] [class=scroll1] height:100%; width:90%; overflow-y:auto; padding-right:40px; color: var(--t-color); margin-left:8px; [/class] [class=scroll2] height:100%; width:110%; overflow-y:auto; padding-right:40px; color: var(--t-color); [/class] [class=border1] height:95px; width:95px; border-radius:50%; border:1px solid var(--color-1); padding:5px; margin:auto; margin-top:15px; transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=border1 state=hover] transform: scale(1.05); transition:0.4s; [/class] [class=name] font-size:18px; color:white; text-shadow: 2px 2px var(--color-1); text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-top:2px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; [/class] [class=info] height:69px; width:124px; margin:auto; background-color: var(--bg-color-2); margin-top:5px; padding:3px; color: var(--t-color); font-size:10px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=border2] height:42px; width:42px; border-radius:50%; border:1px solid var(--color-1); padding:3px; margin:auto; margin-top:10px; transition:0.4s; position:relative; top:0px; [/class] [class name=border2 state=hover] transform: scale(1.05); transition:0.4s; cursor: pointer; [/class] [script class=border2 on=click] slideToggle 800 info [/script] [class=dialogue] display:inline-block; color: var(--color-1); [/class] [class=alt] display:inline-block; background-color:var(--color-2); min-height:20px; width: calc(100% - 10px); padding:5px; [/class]

Kamaria allowed a small smile to actually appear on her face. She had always had a love for cats, the culture that she’d been born into so long ago had worshipped the beings and held them in the highest esteem. She could remember how severely those who dare to mistreat or even kill one were punished. The feline before her was very different from her dear Majesty, where her own car lacked fur this one had plenty and it was wonderfully soft as well. Kamaria rubbed the spot that her own cat seemed to be fond of, a little place behind the ear.

Kamaria was pulled from her little slice of heaven when she heard someone speak. Finally she noticed the person beside her. Kamaria eyed him critically as she did with everyone else. She didn’t recognize him, had never seen him around the school before either or maybe she had and the mask was doing its job. She watched as he twisted the ring on his finger and assumed that it was a nervous habit. Her foul mood had been lifted, even if only a little, by his feline companion so she would play nice for now. She raised an arched eyebrow at him. “Boo…? She caught the look that Boo gave her. “That’s interesting...my lovely companion is back home. A Sphynx cat named Majesty.”

Kamaria continued to eye the person beside her. From what she could make out he seemed to be attractive, despite the crooked chin and nervous demeanor. Kamaria saw no fangs as he spoke so she ruled out the possibility of him being a vampire. Given the fact that she’d heard his car speak she was more than sure that he was a witch, weather half or full she had no idea. “I am Kamaria Aten, and you are?” Her last name was spoken with pride.

Interacting with: erzulie erzulie
Mention:
OUTFIT
& MASK

220px-Tyler_Posey_2%2C_2012.jpg

656ad989e7a900e532005793fdc01c12--weheartit-beautiful-eyes.jpg

Dante (and Boo the cat)
Boo emitted a low pleasant purr. The cat could've done something like this on her own, but Dante had always discouraged her from doing so, that her claws might slowly damage her own skin. Then again, having someone else do the work for her was so much better.

"A Sphynx, huh? I knew one of those hairless guys once, used to be neighbors," Boo the cat mused aloud, tilted her against the vampire's head more. "He had a klepto problem, though. I let him borrow my toys during our playdates, because I'm so nice, but he never bothers to return them! Wait... I think he might've been a Peterbald. I always get them confused."

Dante was sure the main reason he liked his cat was that she was always willing to talk to him when no one else would. But sometimes, it would get a bit too much. It probably explained why Boo and Aunt Aubrey got along so well, like they were each other's spirit animal, possibly almost literally. Throughout his entire life, Dante learned to just endure Boo's quirk like the rest of his family; even his late-father was patient with the cat. But sometimes, he would feel slightly concerned that whatever comes out of Boo's mouth might potentially be more embarrassing than hairballs.

Dante responded with a friendly small smile, ignoring Boo's little gossip. It was always nice to talk to someone else that wasn't just his family or cat. "My name's Dante. I'm new here - this is gonna be my first year." He intentionally left out his last name. He wasn't sure how the name Solomon would resonate in this school. Anywhere else, he could just be any Solomon. The name was almost as common as Smith; there were a bunch of other people that weren't witches or relatives in the world with the surname Solomon. But Uncle Nor often warned him that names have power, to not carelessly say them out loud. Dante had an odd suspicion that it might be the reason why his uncle had lost an eye many years ago.

"You have a cool name," Dante remarked. "It's Egyptian, right? Aten is the sun-disk connected to the ancient god Ra? I read something about it a long time ago somewhere."

Last edited:

Lilian (Lily) Stewart

17|bi|shapeshifting 'creature'|character sheet
Interacting W/:|Location: on her way to the ballroom|Tags: Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos | ballroom
outfit & mask!

Lily took an instant liking to Jen - the girl was great! Lily felt like she could be herself - her crazy, over excited, umm...interesting...self! And she'd only just met her!
Grinning even further, Lily tapped the necklace lightly with her right forefinger. Medusa began to uncurl, slowly changing colour until her shimmering silver metal became shiny, black viper scales. The adder began to grow in size, wrapping herself around Lily's left arm. The snake lifted her head and dipped it in courtesy to Jen.
Lily just grinned. "Hope you like snakes."

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

Lily took an instant liking to Jen - the girl was great! Lily felt like she could be herself - her crazy, over excited, umm...interesting...self! And she'd only just met her!
Grinning even further, Lily tapped the necklace lightly with her right forefinger. Medusa began to uncurl, slowly changing colour until her shimmering silver metal became shiny, black viper scales. The adder began to grow in size, wrapping herself around Lily's left arm. The snake lifted her head and dipped it in courtesy to Jen.
Lily just grinned. "Hope you like snakes."

[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #64d5f1; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #0c064e; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://images.pexels.com/photos/1123401/pexels-photo-1123401.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=2&h=750&w=1260') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #38acf4; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: white; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: #000000; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.publicdomainpictures.net%2Fpictures%2F230000%2Fvelka%2Flight-blue-background.jpg&f=1') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:320px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #38acf4; border-bottom: 3px solid #38acf4; border-top: 3px solid #64d5f1; border-right: 3px solid #64d5f1; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:305px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]
[div class=picbox][div class=locbox]Location: The Great Hall
Mentioned:
Interacting w/ Moonstar Moonstar
Outfit: Dress, hair, mask.
[/div][div class=name] Jennifer [/div]

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]
As the necklace started to move, Jen couldn't hide the surprise - this was definitely something she had never seen before. The snake slithered along Lily's hand, heading towards Jen, but she didn't feel scared - surely, if it was dangerous, nobody would just let it lose like that. As the color changed, Jennifer tried to identify the snake, but it wasn't easy. Truth to be told, she always thought most snakes looked the same, except those with very obvious features.

The snake nodded slightly, making Jen grin - it was the first time she had seen a snake who was polite. Not sure whether it was safe to touch it, Jen just nodded back at the snake until she turned her gaze to Lily.
- I love them! Whats his or her name? So cute! Jennifer sounded like she had just met a puppy or a baby, her voice being gentle and a little higher pitch. She struggled to contain her excitement and the urge to pet the snake. Hugging it might not be a good call, as the snake most likely wouldn't appreciate being squeezed by something much bigger.
[/div][/div]
Code by Woebegone Woebegone

Lilian (Lily) Stewart

Interacting W/:|Location: on her way to the ballroom|Tags: Jinx of Chaos Jinx of Chaos | ballroom
outfit & mask!

Medusa's P.O.V;
The viper eyed the creature stood in front of her. She flicked her tongue out, tasting Jen's auma. Hmm. Vampire. Jen spoke, and Medusa decided she was OK. The vampire was happy enough for Medusa to believe she had a good heart. The adder looked back at her 'mistress', giving a signal with her crimson eyes. Lily extended her arm further and took Jen's hand.
"Just let her do her thing, she won't - well, shouldn't - hurt you," Lily said.
Medusa uncurled from Lily's arm and wiggled onto Jen's. The snake look at Jen expectedly with her hypnotic red eyes. Why is she not stroking my head? She thought. Maybe Med had misjudged her character, maybe she was a rude little vampire! Medusa let out a mildly irritated hiss, causing Lily to laugh. The viper glared at her friend, hissing furiously - causing more laughter! THIS WASN'T FUNNY. Medusa watched her person explain the situation to Jen.
"She wants you to pet her head I think. Here," the creature smiled, demonstrating how to pet the small snake head. Medusa (still with her head turned back facing Lily) pushed her head back towards the oncoming palm. Lily lightly stroked the top of Med's head with the back of her fingers. The viper closed her eyes, enjoying the attention. "Now you try."
Med turned her head back to face Jen. Her eye expressed what she was thinking; well then? You going to give me well deserved attention? Lily continued to giggle a little, not at Jen, but at the diva curled around Jen's arm.

Medusa's P.O.V;
The viper eyed the creature stood in front of her. She flicked her tongue out, tasting Jen's auma. Hmm. Vampire. Jen spoke, and Medusa decided she was OK. The vampire was happy enough for Medusa to believe she had a good heart. The adder looked back at her 'mistress', giving a signal with her eyes. Lily extended her arm further and took Jen's hand.
"Just let her do her thing, she won't - well, shouldn't - hurt you," Lily said.
Medusa uncurled from Lily's arm and wiggled onto Jen's. The snake look at Jen expectedly. Why is she not stroking my head? She thought. Maybe Med had misjudged her character, maybe she was a rude little vampire! Medusa let out a mildly irritated hiss, causing Lily to laugh. The viper glared at her friend, hissing furiously - causing more laughter! THIS WASN'T FUNNY. Medusa watched her person explain the situation to Jen.
"She wants you to pet her head I think. Here," the creature smiled, demonstrating how to pet the small snake head. Medusa (still with her head turned back facing Lily) pushed her head back towards the oncoming palm. Lily lightly stroked the top of Med's head with the back of her fingers. The viper closed her eyes, enjoying the attention. "Now you try."
Med turned her head back to face Jen. Her eye expressed what she was thinking; well then? You going to give me well deserved attention? Lily continued to giggle a little, not at Jen, but at the diva curled around Jen's arm.

[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #64d5f1; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #0c064e; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://images.pexels.com/photos/1123401/pexels-photo-1123401.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=2&h=750&w=1260') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #38acf4; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: white; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: #000000; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.publicdomainpictures.net%2Fpictures%2F230000%2Fvelka%2Flight-blue-background.jpg&f=1') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:320px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #38acf4; border-bottom: 3px solid #38acf4; border-top: 3px solid #64d5f1; border-right: 3px solid #64d5f1; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:305px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]
Mentioned:

[/div]
Staring at the snake which now was curling around her arm, Jen felt a little uneasy - especially after Lily mentioned that the snake "shouldn't" hurt her. Sure, it was an animal and they could be unpredictable but would a vampire really seem tasty to a snake? She tried to remain as calm as possible, although the hissing made her want to grab the snake and - like Luna used to say - "throw it over the pacific ocean".

Lily was laughing, and it kind of eased Jen's mind a little - laughter had that kind of effect, it made situations less scary.
- She wants you to pet her head I think. Here. Jen watched as Lily proceeded to pet the snake, which clearly enjoyed the attention. It was surprisingly cute, almost like a puppy - a very skinny, legless, scaley puppy. As the hissing had stopped, Jen felt more relaxed and realized that this entire time she had a nervous smile on her face, which now started to loosen up a little.

- Now you try. Lily informed, and Jen glanced at her with a look that pretty much asked "are you sure?". However, she slowly lifted her other hand to gently pet the snakes head like Lily had done. It felt weird, but at the same time it was the coolest thing Jen had ever done.
- And here I was thinking that snakes really didn't care much for headpats. She tilted her head and let out a giggle. From what she had researched, snakes usually merely tolerated people handling them, rarely actually seeking out contact with anyone. But it was also clear that this was no regular snake, considering how it was a necklace just a moment ago.
[/div][/div]

tenor.gif
Interacting w/: first interaction
Mentioned:

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm..." he muttered to the fogged window before being jerked rather unceremoniously.

His father's detail stomped on the brakes with very little abandon, which allowed Leoric's head to it the window rather abruptly. The female, who's disposition labeled her more than her delicate outward features ever could, sharply hissed an apology. The dark, UV tinted glass accompanied with the time verified just what kind of creature she was. Apparently, she'd missed her O+ pill that morning, which probably wouldn't have helped anyway. Vampyres long feuded about the stipulations of their kind being outed. The controlled dosage of blood was said to be just enough for them to get by with their nutritional values not changing. Having your own Companion cost too much for most working class vamps, and the legal stipulations were through the roof.

The reason for Leo to be escorted by this many Vamps and Witchlings-- a term for lower level witches who used their powers to augment their base abilities, rather than warping the world around them-- was clear: Kassiopia must never get her hands on him. Ever.

He exited the vehicle and was immediately surrounded in a Hive charm, which meant all of his detail surrounded him both mentally and physically. As soon as he was past the gates, the charm broke, with him being left alone to his own devices. The beauty of this charm was the fact that the people using it could be in two places at the same time until otherwise needed. One of the Grand Wonders his father was able to bestow his Coven was new and inventful ways to use simple spell-casting.

"Well...Welcome to your life, Tiger." Leo chuckled to no one in particular. The Gates clanged closed loudly and as the man strode across the courtyard he heard the squeal of tires, marking the permanence of his stay. The ring on his finger hummed with power, drawing from the nearby well supply of energy that was well known to this place. As Leo came close to the massive oak doors of the main hall, he could make out rune-work that was as old as it was strong. His second sight almost blinded him for when he placed his ring hand on the door to open it, the runes started glowing brighter and brighter, ever increasingly. He shoved his bags and himself through the entry and felt the wood kick up a wind behind him with it's closing.

"Hello?!" he called out in the mostly empty hall. It was late in the day, a nuisance but a necessary pain to get Leoric in the place he needed to be. Hopefully, someone was close and could assist the young man, whose eyes gleamed both silver instead of the brown he'd been born with. After a bit, a steward of the school met him with his bags. He was promptly brought to his dormitory and reminded that there was to be a masquerade ball top attend.

With a quick shower and shave, Leoric was clad in his tuxedo and mask and began making his way to the festivities.

Last edited:
Korrigan Rossi

Outfit: x | Location: just arrived at the ball
Interacting with: it's free real estate bois | Mentions: n/a

Coming from a small rural town in Italy, Korrigan was surprised to have received an invitation to attend the prestigious school that was the Academy of Beaufort. She had applied to many different international schools and their scholarships, but the Academy had caught her eye even before she applied. The Academy had stood out to her because it emphasised a peaceful future between all, and Korrigan would like to be a part of that if she could. She didn't want to be like her neighbors: judgemental and ignornant. Anyways, there's just one problem, Korrigan forgot to tell her Mom about applying to international schools.

Fast-foward to when Korrigan arrived and first saw the school, she looked like the Pikachu meme. You know, the one where Pikachu has its mouth open. The school was so intimidating! She barely realized that her things were being taken care of by random staff member. "Oh thank you," she said in a thick Italian accent. Save to say, Korrigan was promptly ignored. Turning her attention back to the school, Korrigan spoke to herself in her native language. "I'm so going to get lost." Thanks to her strategy of following a large group of students, Korrigan didn't get lost and had safely arrived at the assembly. The girl took a random seat and listened to the speech. It was rather surprising that she didn't zone out. Her mother would be so proud of her.

It was now the night of the ball. Korrigan had been unpacking all day and setting up her room. It was rather odd that Korrigan hadn't run into her roommates. Were all students supposed to have roommates? She didn't remember. The girl shrugged and finished putting away the rest of her clothes. It was a shame that Korrigan was only able to bring one instrument. Maybe she could convince her mother to ship her guitar over? Or she could buy a new one? Too much money. Korrigan pouted and checked the time. I guess she should get ready now.

The dress she chose was a relatively plain black dress. She needed something that would match her turquoise hair, and black seemed like the obvious choice. At least in her edgy mind, it was. She picked out a dress that would emphasize her waist and show off her curvy chest. The poor girl was well endowed with curves and with back pain. She wasn't very good at makeup and since it was a masquerade ball, Korrigan only put on fake lashes and wore dark lipstick. "Hell yeah. Everyone better hold onto their wigs." The only thing Korrigan grabbed was her phone, she didn't bother to lock her door. As she walked, Korrigan slipped on a simple black mask.

When she arrived, Korrigan awkwardly stood by the door, trying to find someone that would be easy to approach. Hopefully she could make a new friend tonight by showing off her fortnite dance skills.
code by Ri.a

//this post is such a hot mess, i think it perfectly describes korrigan. also let me know if i messed something up like the roomates or speech or something.
feel free to approach her,, she's pretty iconic

Lilian (Lily) Stewart

outfit & mask!

Lily now had a smaller smile on, but it was full of 'yay, they're getting along'. Medusa looked like she was really enjoying herself, so her next move shocked Lily. The adder bolted her head up and away from Jen, hissing, practically jumping back to Lily. She wasn't showing her aggression to Jen, in fact, it looked like she was trying to protect BOTH the girls. But from what? Lily looked around, still confused. Nothing had changed...weird...Medusa rarely acted up...
"Sorry about that, umm, I'm actually not sure what happened...she does this when she senses danger but I don't see anything different...there's so many people though," she said, her voice lower and a little quieter.
Her magical companion's strange reaction had filled her with a little sense of suspicion - but weirdly, not for Jen (who'd be the person you'd expect, but Lily felt like she could trust her. She just seemed like that sort of person). Odd...
"Anyway, should we head over to the food? I'm starving, not sure I've eaten anything all day!"

Lily now had a smaller smile on, but it was full of 'yay, they're getting along'. Medusa looked like she was really enjoying herself, so her next move shocked Lily. The adder bolted her head up and away from Jen, hissing, practically jumping back to Lily. She wasn't showing her aggression to Jen, in fact, it looked like she was trying to protect BOTH the girls. But from what? Lily looked around, still confused. Nothing had changed...weird...Medusa rarely acted up...
"Sorry about that, umm, I'm actually not sure what happened...she does this when she senses danger but I don't see anything different...there's so many people though," she said, her voice lower and a little quieter.
Her magical companion's strange reaction had filled her with a little sense of suspicion - but weirdly, not for Jen (who'd be the person you'd expect, but Lily felt like she could trust her. She just seemed like that sort of person). Odd...
"Anyway, should we head over to the food? I'm starving, not sure I've eaten anything all day!"

Mentioned:

[/div]
Everything seemed to be going well - the adder seemed to enjoy her petting it, and Lily had an adorable smile on her face. Jen felt a sense of victory, but it was short-lived as the adder suddenly bolted to Lily, making Jen gasp. An apology from Lily followed right after.
- Oh, it's alright. Im sorry if I startled her! Jen smiled a little at both the creature in front of her and the dangernoodle dangling from her. The explanation made sense to Jen - of course a snake would bolt if it sensed danger, but the question was whether it perceived her as a danger or something else.
- Anyway, should we head over to the food? I'm starving, not sure I've eaten anything all day! Lily interrupted Jen's thoughts before they had even properly taken off. With a nod, Jen started to walk towards the large table with the food.
- You should eat properly everyday! Especially apples. An apple a day keeps the doctor away! A playful smile rose on Jen's lips, and she laid her eyes on the various pastries on the table. While trying to choose one, she started wondering how come Lily just ignored her adder's warning, but decided to shrug it off - maybe the adder just was a nervous sort that saw a lot of non-dangerous things as dangerous. Her hand landed on a croissant and she picked it up, taking a little bite of it.
- Yummy! The food is one of my favorite things about the events at the school! Jen mumbled after swallowing.
[/div][/div]

❝ FLEUR CARON. ❞
Fleur senses were overwhelmed by the whole atmosphere, her heart raced with excitement and nervousness. It wasn’t a normal thing for the witch to feel jittery, perhaps it was the pure adrenaline leaving her body from what had happened only a few moments ago, or maybe it was something else entirely; she couldn’t put her finger to it. The tip of her fingers itched fiercely while the heaviness from before was leaving her body with each exhale. Fleur’s mind wandered aimlessly, studying all the other outfits the students wore. It was like a sea of dimly lit colours, with mixes of shining gold and silver added on top, however Fleur felt bothered that she couldn’t find Kamaria, yet she had the feeling she was happily spending the night with her fiancee.

Her focus was stolen by a short and blunt answer from her roommate. Fleur didn’t know how to reply at the sudden shift in personality, was this suddenly a bad idea? Fleur studied his facial features behind the mask, trying to catch a glimpse of what the male was thinking. Before the words could form in her mouth, ready to offer to do something else, her roommate realigned himself and asked once more with a hand floating in-between the tiny space separating the two.

Fleur’s face only softened, her eyes catching the glow from the candles as her hand folded into his neatly, flashing a kind smile towards her roommate. “Of course, c’mon cherie.” She mused, deciding to take the lead once more as she found a place big enough for the two of them to dance. Closing the empty space between them, with her skirt delicately pressing against his leg, Fleur ignored her roommate as she lead his large hand to her hip, shaping it into the right position before interlacing her fingers with his effortlessly. There was no rush with her actions, instead the witch happily took her time with each movement.

Her hips began to sway calmly in time with the music, finally locking her brown eyes with her roommate as the softest chuckle rushed out of her painted lips. “Relax your shoulders, it’s not suppose to be so serious.” She grinned. Fleur couldn’t help herself but hum quietly along to the song, allowing the music to fill up the silence for them. Her hand was as tiny as a little mouse in comparison to his, but she didn’t mind. As her thoughts floated, her eyebrows knitted together as she giggled to herself once more.

It’s funny,” She hummed to herself before glancing towards her roommate, “I still don’t know your name.
tags @esthersilvers. • where ballroom. • outfit q + t.

Lilian (Lily) Stewart

outfit & mask!

What had just happened with Medusa? She wasn't showing it but fear started to grow in her mind. Even the effects of Jen's calming smile were beginning to wear off. She sighed, tapped her neck for Med to return to and faced the food again. Lily picked up an ornate silvery plate and began filling it with cakes, pastries, sandwiches, crisps, anything that she fancied. Soon it became a stack, and also there had been snacking in between. Lily still didn't shake the warning her snake gave...but why. Suddenly, she spotted something that torn her out of her head.
"Oh my GOD! LOOK AT THAT CAKE!"

What had just happened with Medusa? She wasn't showing it but fear started to grow in her mind. Even the effects of Jen's calming smile were beginning to wear off. She sighed, tapped her neck for Med to return to and faced the food again. Lily picked up an ornate silvery plate and began filling it with cakes, pastries, sandwiches, crisps, anything that she fancied. Soon it became a stack, and also there had been snacking in between. Lily still didn't shake the warning her snake gave...but why. Suddenly, she spotted something that torn her out of her head.
"Oh my GOD! LOOK AT THAT CAKE!"

Mentioned:

[/div]
Jen turned her gaze to the cake Lily was looking at, and let out a little squeel. It was magnificent - of course, nothing less would be expected, but it was impressive. The cake looked delicious, but part of Jennifer didn't want to touch it because it wouldn't look as beautiful anymore.
- It should be illegal for cakes to look that good. She laughed a little, her gaze still firmly on the cake. Despite the situation a moment earlier with the snake, Jen had completely forgotten about the whole thing about it warning about something. Currently the only thing occupying her mind was the cake, which reminded her of that one time she tried baking a cake - it hadn't turned out too good, given that she accidentally mixed salt in there instead of sugar. After that incident, Luna had to admit that maybe labeling the jars was the best way to go.

She took another bite of the croissant, a satisfied smile on her face - although she preferred blood, some human food wasn't off the table. Besides, she didn't think humans would exactly appreciate being in a school where vampires just freely fed off animals or humans.

Jennifer walked next to the cake.
- Look at all the beautiful details and decorations! She exclaimed as she stared at the cake. It fit the color scheme around them, having many golden and red decorations.
[/div][/div]

Lilian (Lily) Stewart

outfit & mask!

Jen started at it in awe, stating; "It should be illegal for cakes to look that good."
Lily nodded. "Agreed." She stepped closer to the masterpiece and picked up a little card (one of many) placed neatly on the table around it. There was a picture of the school's coat of arm on the front - which was odd, because barely anyone used the coat of arms anymore. Lily hadn't been going to this school longer than a week and even she knew that. It was to morbid. The image depicted - the schools (old) emblem - was a raven holding a wilting red rose in its beak. Except the rose wasn't wilting, it was bleeding. And the raven had its talons tightly closed around something spherical...and it was squishing under the crow's weight. It took a moment before Lily worked out what it was. The cupcake she'd eaten nearly reappeared, for the thing was an eyeball. The whole thing symbolised vampires, and death. Normally, and image like that wouldn't have been quite so...disturbing...to Lily, especially artwork, but this? This gave her an odd feeling in the pit of her chest. A thought struck her. The school stopped using this on everything. So why now? Maybe the staff hadn't...
Lily slowly opened the little card, and the inside wasn't much better. Dark red 'ink' had been carefully scribed to form these seemingly innocent words;
Don't despair, for I am here! The cake of dreams for all to share.
Right. O-kay... Odd how normal that was for what the card had shown her. She put the card back, and stepped away. She examined the cake.
Jen was right, it was stunning. So intricate. But the closer she stared, the more alarmed she became. It smelt...odd. A smell she hadn't tasted for a long time. And the icing, or at least, the dripped glaze, was the same red as the ink from the card. And the little roses around the bottom where white fondant icing, but they had spatters of that same red glaze all over the petals. What the holy hell...and that smell...
Lily stepped back, and gently pulled Jen to her side. "Look at it," she said in a really low, quiet tone. "Something isn't right..."

Jen started at it in awe, stating; "It should be illegal for cakes to look that good."
Lily nodded. "Agreed." She stepped closer to the masterpiece and picked up a little card (one of many) placed neatly on the table around it. There was a picture of the school's coat of arm on the front - which was odd, because barely anyone used the coat of arms anymore. Lily hadn't been going to this school longer than a week and even she knew that. It was to morbid. The image depicted - the schools (old) emblem - was a raven holding a wilting red rose in its beak. Except the rose wasn't wilting, it was bleeding. And the raven had its talons tightly closed around something spherical...and it was squishing under the crow's weight. It took a moment before Lily worked out what it was. The cupcake she'd eaten nearly reappeared, for the thing was an eyeball. The whole thing symbolised vampires, and death. Normally, and image like that wouldn't have been quite so...disturbing...to Lily, especially artwork, but this? This gave her an odd feeling in the pit of her chest. A thought struck her. The school stopped using this on everything. So why now? Maybe the staff hadn't...
Lily slowly opened the little card, and the inside wasn't much better. Dark red 'ink' had been carefully scribed to form these seemingly innocent words;
Don't despair, for I am here! The cake of dreams for all to share.
Right. O-kay... Odd how normal that was for what the card had shown her. She put the card back, and stepped away. She examined the cake.
Jen was right, it was stunning. So intricate. But the closer she stared, the more alarmed she became. It smelt...odd. A smell she hadn't tasted for a long time. And the icing, or at least, the dripped glaze, was the same red as the ink from the card. And the little roses around the bottom where white fondant icing, but they had spatters of that same red glaze all over the petals. What the holy hell...and that smell...
Lily stepped back, and gently pulled Jen to her side. "Look at it," she said in a really low, quiet tone. "Something isn't right..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back