• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy That Time the Demon Lord Killed Our Party Leader [CLOSED]

Nessi

slut for slushies
That Time the Demon Lord Killed our Party Leader: Interest Check
Story
Long before the rise of kingdoms, and empires, humanity was at war. It was a war to ensure the survival of all living things. Humanity had one common enemy, the Crimson King, a man who sacrificed everything, including his own family, in order to harness a power great enough to annihilate everything. With this newfound power, the Crimson King summoned up a monstrous army, filled with beings that were so terrifying, and so destructive, to call them demons would be an understatement.

Despite the huge disadvantage humanity faced, they did not allow the Crimson King to have his way with the world. They fought back against the darkness that was the Crimson King and his army of nightmares with everything they had. Despite everyone's best efforts, the Crimson King’s advance could not be truly stopped, and out of desperation, humanity cried out to the gods to aid them.
The gods that humanity called out to answer their pleas, some because they truly and honestly loved humanity, while others simply wished to end the Crimson King’s bloody crusade. Whatever their motives were, the gods came down from the heavens, and bound their spirits into the weapons of warriors who they deemed worthy, and who would devote themselves to the god in question. These brave souls became known as Heros, and among these heroes, a Giant named Solomon was known as the strongest hero, and thus led Humanity in its war against the Crimson King.

Despite having received the help of gods, Humanity still struggled against the Crimson Kings army. But with the leadership of Solomon and the other heroes, they were able to push the darkness back, the tide of war had changed, and eventually, Solomon and the rest of his army were able to push against the monstrous army until they reached where the Crimson King resided, the crimson fortress. The fortress was stormed, and the heroes battled the demonic king themselves. Eventually, Solomon himself would land the final blow on the Crimson King, his blazing fists going straight through the madman's chest. The moment Solomon took the life of the Crimson King, all of the monsters he had summoned for his army faded away, and the crimson fortress crumbled. All that was left was the lifeless body of the Crimson King, which was sealed away later to ensure that his revival would never happen.

The battle was won, all life had been saved, but not without a grave cost. Over 50 heroes had joined in the raid of the crimson fortress, and by the end, only 8 remained, Solomon included. Though greatly hurt by the death of their comrades, the heroes pushed forward, and decided to each rule over their own nations, and eventually agreed upon how said countries would be divided.
Solomon, alongside his remaining comrades, raised up wonderful countries in which they were beloved by the people. The remaining heroes lived peaceful lives, and never had to fight again, despite this fact, the gods still stuck with them, and only returned to the heavens when their hero passed away.

Even after the heroes went on to the afterlife, peace lasted well after they died. However, with each new ruler that came to the throne, the once extremely close countries grew further and further from each other. Nations would break up into smaller countries, governments of said smaller countries would collapse, and poverty would skyrocket. The world would begin to descend into chaos once again, and one emperor sought to correct that.

Emperor Tiryan, ruler of the Olrodia Empire which had originally been founded by Solomon himself, saw not only how his people suffered, but how the rest of the world was beginning to fall into chaos. He believed that the world could no longer function under multiple rulers, that one single ruler was needed, someone feared, someone the people wouldn’t dare rebel against. Thus, Emperor Tiryan began to expand the Olrodia Empire, and gave countries, small tribes, any group of people a choice: Surrender your way of life, and join the Empire, or die. To ensure victory, the Emperor began to dabble in dark magic, the same magic that the Crimson King used long long ago. He empowered himself, and once again the demonic army of the former Crimson King returned, this time more organized, and working alongside Olrodian soldiers.

It didn’t take long for the rest of the world to quickly realize what Emperor Tiryan was doing, and once again did humanity unite themselves to try and snuff out the Emperor and his army before he did any lasting damage. Humanity cried out to the gods for aid once more, and they responded, and a brand new group of heroes emerged, fighting back the darkness just like their predecessors. Among this group of heroes was Arlux, an extremely powerful swordswoman who led the united armies and the heroes just like Solomon had done. Eventually, Arlux and her armies reached the immortal palace, where Emperor Tiryan resided, and began their own assault, but this time the Emperor had taken precautions that the Crimson King never did. Not only did he have several powerful generals to fight the heroes alongside him, but he had also used his dark magic to set various traps within the palace, taking out some before they even got to him.

Between his generals, and his traps, the Emperor had only one opponent that could not be distracted, ones whose comrades defended her to prevent interference, Arlux. The Emperor fought Arlux, and for a while, they were evenly matched,but as the fight raged on, they both began to tire. After fighting for what felt like an eternity, the pair jumped away from each other, and gazed right into each other's eyes, knowing that the next attack they launched would be their last. They went to action, Arlux merging her body with her patron god, and becoming an angel with 6 brilliantly white wings, and furious blue eyes. Meanwhile, the Emperor turned himself into a beast dripping with crimson magic and eyes that oozed insanity. Arlux charged at Tiryan, who did the same, and they both clashed with each other, yelling with great force, until a massive explosion happened.

When the dust settled, Arlux’s sword arm was on the floor, completely ripped off, and massive wounds all over her body. The Emperor held her lifeless body by her hair for all to see.
“Look at her! Your precious hero…She has failed you, she has failed you all!” The Emperor shouted gleefully.
Afterword
This roleplay is heavily inspired by Magi the Labyrinth of Magic, and references multiple real life mythologies, and cultures. You don't need any knowledge of the magi series, or any of the mythos's referenced, we did that part for you.

Hey! Nessi here, coming to yall with That Time the Demon Lord Killed our party leader, or TTTDLKOPL, for short. This is a medieval fantasy rp in which the heroes (our characters) try to kill the demon lord after losing their beloved party leader. As mentioned above, this rp does reference a lot of pre-existing myths, deities, and cultures but a lot of altercations have been made to fit the setting, so don't expect to see certain things be word for word from their source material.

This rp will be first come first serve due to players needing to choose a patron god for their character, so whoever's faster gets their preferred god. There's plenty of gods to choose from though, so don't feel rushed into making a character or anything!

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Nano Nano , the Co-GM who helped me a lot of the writing, as well as providing this interest check code! This rp could not have been possible without her!
Rules
Before you express interest, I need you to agree to a few house rules:
  1. Participants are required to join the roleplay’s Discord. I’ll be PM’ing a link to those interested.
  2. Faceclaims should be drawn, no irl face claims.
  3. One character per person, this is to ensure that everyone has a fair chance to make a character.
  4. This will be a semi-text heavy roleplay. Please make sure to read everything, or you’ll have trouble following certain things in the roleplay. This includes other people’s sheets. Even if your character isn’t familiar with other characters and wouldn’t know such information, don’t waste other people’s hard work.
  5. A soft-requirement of a post per week will be upheld during the first month or so of the roleplay. I expect the posting speed to go down a bit afterwards, but I won’t tolerate long absences without being notified beforehand. You don’t need to give me any reasons or excuses. Just tell me or Nano when and how long you’ll be gone/busy. Failure to do this will result in your character being skipped over, or potentially removed (read: killed).
  6. Be respectful to other players, if you have a problem with someone dm myself or Nano.
  7. No metagaming, powerplaying, etc. You know the drill.
  8. Questions? Concerns? Ask Nano or Myself below!.
Code by Nano

Last edited:
The nostalgia from that title tho.

Will b keeping my eye on this. Gl 👍

Last edited:
We aren't sticking with one specific pantheon, but there's a list of gods we'll be putting up on the lore page that players can choose from. o7
Okay. I’ll keep my eye out. But that’ll definitely define whether or not I’m interested.

I think I might leave this rp to others. Not really my thing after seeing what this is all about. But thanks for the offer.

… I have a really… interesting idea

A necromancer

Who has Arlux’s shade in a catatonic state and his big plan for beating him is “obviously just bring her back and try a second time”

“Surely he could not beat her AGAIN”

Never mind that her soul is torn the fuck up and that kind of resurrection magic is nigh impossible anyways

… I have a really… interesting idea

A necromancer

Who has Arlux’s shade in a catatonic state and his big plan for beating him is “obviously just bring her back and try a second time”

“Surely he could not beat her AGAIN”

Never mind that her soul is torn the fuck up and that kind of resurrection magic is nigh impossible anyways
It's an interesting idea, but there are a few issues/concerns with it 🤔 I won't go into the specifics since idk if Nessi wanted to keep that under wraps until the IC is officially opened, but let's just say the opening few posts are going to be pretty chaotic. I don't think your character would have the opportunity to even attempt it until quite a bit later. That and some of the other heroes likely felt close to Arlux, so I'm sure more than a handful of them are going to have an issue with that.

If you're set on the idea, I'll wait on Nessi to get back and deliver the final verdict tomorrow after checking if it messes with any plot-related stuff x__x

It's an interesting idea, but there are a few issues/concerns with it 🤔 I won't go into the specifics since idk if Nessi wanted to keep that under wraps until the IC is officially opened, but let's just say the opening few posts are going to be pretty chaotic. I don't think your character would have the opportunity to even attempt it until quite a bit later. That and some of the other heroes likely felt close to Arlux, so I'm sure more than a handful of them are going to have an issue with that.

If you're set on the idea, I'll wait on Nessi to get back and deliver the final verdict tomorrow after checking if it messes with any plot-related stuff x__x

I was intending that the very first thing the Necromancer does is Yoinking her Soul, and the inter party conflict would be part of the plot around it

It’s not my final idea but it’s just the first thought I had since it puts a really interesting spin on party dynamics

Simply curious but what age range were you guys looking for the heroes to be?

This story looks like it'll be enjoyable. I would very much like to be a part of it, should space be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back